FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Why are you filming yourself in the gym?

Jump to newest

By *orthernJay OP   Man
14 weeks ago

Canary Wharf

So I’m doing my gym thing and I’ve noticed there’s three people filing themselves working out! Two girls and a guy, all separate, it’s not a promo or anything similar!

Why would you film yourself working out?

Is this what’s become of social media and the internet

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
14 weeks ago

To check form, see how you move the weight, et al. You can think you’re doing an exercise right and come to see in a video your elbows were meant to be tucked in instead of out, for example.

By *r John WickMan
14 weeks ago

The Continental

Why not pop over and ask them?

By *he turned me GreyCouple
14 weeks ago

Warwick and Coventry

[Removed by poster at 01/07/24 07:10:17]

14 weeks ago

Warwick and Coventry

Is it bothering you Op?

Mr

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
14 weeks ago

King's Crustacean

Over the years.... now decades since phones became cameras i've had pictures of :- breakfasts, of coffee, mountain tops, shops, days out ..... people's pets.... the list goes on .... It bewilders me that people think that others are remotely interested in a pair of shoes they just bought or their new bathroom but it's what this generation do.

I don't see any harm in taking a pic of yourself in the gym to put on your social media or just to send to friends to show them where you are or suggest they join you ....

People dance, sing and muck about on tiktok ...... so why not in the gym...... it's what they do now.

By *orthernJay OP   Man
14 weeks ago

Canary Wharf

"Is it bothering you Op?

Mr"

Absolutely not, impact upon me is zero!

A simple musing whilst working out!

By *ouple4voyeurCouple
14 weeks ago

Birmingham

I guess it's because they can. As long as no-one is being hurt by anyone actions who cares.

By *mily36CWoman
14 weeks ago

Bedford (or anywhere beginning with B..!?)

Its when folk spend more time posing and filming themselves rather than working out

By *ackformore100Man
14 weeks ago

Tin town

"So I’m doing my gym thing and I’ve noticed there’s three people filing themselves working out! Two girls and a guy, all separate, it’s not a promo or anything similar!

Is this what’s become of social media and the internet "

Could be to analyse technique? But more than likely for vanity and clicks... Keeping it fresh or something. Probably same concept as the photos of what they had for lunch.

14 weeks ago

Warwick and Coventry

"Is it bothering you Op?

Mr

A simple musing whilst working out! "

Should film yourself whilst making these simply musings

Mr

By *he KakapoMan
14 weeks ago

A nice rock

As someone with numerous topless pictures of themself on here I feel in no position to judge others for videoing their workouts.

By *ellhungvweMan
14 weeks ago

Cheltenham

Form. Only reason.

By *orthernJay OP   Man
14 weeks ago

Canary Wharf

"Is it bothering you Op?

Mr

A simple musing whilst working out!

Should film yourself whilst making these simply musings

Mr "

I see what you’ve done there

By *ad NannaWoman
14 weeks ago

East London

"As someone with numerous topless pictures of themself on here I feel in no position to judge others for videoing their workouts."

Really? I hadn't noticed

By *oeBeansMan
14 weeks ago

Derby

"To check form, see how you move the weight, et al. You can think you’re doing an exercise right and come to see in a video your elbows were meant to be tucked in instead of out, for example. "

Yep, absolutely this. I fixed my deadlift form doing this it's helped so much

By *lue RascalMan
14 weeks ago

Cheshire Liverpool Manchester

Don’t have an issue with it unless they’re the type to have a tantrum if you accidentally get in their shot. In which case they’re a cunt.

By *r X46Man
14 weeks ago

Liverpool

They probably want to be one of the zillions of social media influencers that are out there.

Sounds like an easy gig, but unless they are freakishly ripped or have and amazing body, they won't make it.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
14 weeks ago

Central

"Its when folk spend more time posing and filming themselves rather than working out "

It's good that people want to study their form but the ones I see aren't of that ilk, they are unaware of what impact they have on others, as 99% of their time is spent filming

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

14 weeks ago

East Sussex

If I was in the gym I'd film it as proof. Nobody would believe me otherwise

By *rHotNottsMan
14 weeks ago

Dubai & Nottingham

They are just pretending to use the front facing camera while checking out boobies and asses

By *luehairedcumslutCouple
14 weeks ago

St Neots

I thought mirrors were there to check form

By *edbath 5Man
14 weeks ago

london

I never when I went but each to their own.

Glad they like their bodies enough to film it.

By *rispyDuckMan
14 weeks ago

Chinese Takeaway near you

Attention attention attention!

It’s the social media currency

By *cidcassual88Man
14 weeks ago

Glasshoughton

if you are messing about with your phone in a gym you are not training or concentrating properly i say, they was no shit like that back in the day we just trained and trained properly no posing and arsing about !

14 weeks ago

It's youf for you, gone are the days of magic lanterns

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS
14 weeks ago

chichester

"Form. Only reason."

Or only fans lol. Half the young birds in my gym are all on sexy pics listing it seems for promo tick tok / ig etc Some have even told me I should look at doing it

By *zeroMan
14 weeks ago

A wretched hive of scum and villainy

The only time filming in the gym annoys me is when a tripod is set up in an awkward position or people get captured in the background.

Some people are self conscious enough in the gym without wondering if they are getting posted all over tik tok/instagram

14 weeks ago

People saying it's to watch back to see if their form is correct. Nonsense! That's what the mirrors are for or failing that, train with someone. How did we ever cope before phones to see if we were doing our workouts properly? There's only one reason why people film themselves and that's for attention and social media. And it's also really bad etiquette to be filming in the gym because people doing so might unwittingly be filming other people doing their workouts and I know one thing, I don't want to end up on Thick Toc or IG while I'm struggling in the gym

By *he KakapoMan
14 weeks ago

A nice rock

There is undoubtedly an element of attention or content creation woth some.

But recorded videos can be much better than mirrors.

You can study form after the lift so you can actually focus on the lift

You don't have to move or twist your neck out of line to check a mirror to the side.

Also who gives a fuck so long they keep out of the way

By *mf123Man
14 weeks ago

with one foot out the door

Better than mirrors they lie to you

By *ocky6Man
14 weeks ago

Fife

Who cares? Do your stuff move on leave others be.

Let them do whatever they are doing it’s not harming you is it?

By *oastal1968Man
14 weeks ago

London

See it all the time, sat on a bit of equipment doing nothing. Tell them to move.

By *lkGuyMagic24Man
14 weeks ago

Chislehurst

Could be to check their gains, form, maybe they like how they look working out and want to record it, a host of reasons

By *hiversMan
14 weeks ago

Dinas Powys

"To check form, see how you move the weight, et al. You can think you’re doing an exercise right and come to see in a video your elbows were meant to be tucked in instead of out, for example.

Yep, absolutely this. I fixed my deadlift form doing this it's helped so much "

Same for me with squats... Gotta make sure I'm hitting depth on heavy reps

By *ittlemissmistressKCouple
14 weeks ago

Southampton

"Could be to check their gains, form, maybe they like how they look working out and want to record it, a host of reasons "

Or they're actually recording other people to put on social media to humiliate....

By *B69Woman
14 weeks ago

Wiltshire

I quite enjoy pictures of men in the gym

By *londebiguyMan
14 weeks ago

Southport

"So I’m doing my gym thing and I’ve noticed there’s three people filing themselves working out! Two girls and a guy, all separate, it’s not a promo or anything similar!

Knobheads.

Just so many of them now.

By *londebiguyMan
14 weeks ago

Southport

"To check form, see how you move the weight, et al. You can think you’re doing an exercise right and come to see in a video your elbows were meant to be tucked in instead of out, for example.

Same for me with squats... Gotta make sure I'm hitting depth on heavy reps "

You should know when you're doing that really

By *londebiguyMan
14 weeks ago

Southport

"People saying it's to watch back to see if their form is correct. Nonsense! That's what the mirrors are for or failing that, train with someone. How did we ever cope before phones to see if we were doing our workouts properly? There's only one reason why people film themselves and that's for attention and social media. And it's also really bad etiquette to be filming in the gym because people doing so might unwittingly be filming other people doing their workouts and I know one thing, I don't want to end up on Thick Toc or IG while I'm struggling in the gym "

Precisely.

By *lkGuyMagic24Man
14 weeks ago

Chislehurst

"Could be to check their gains, form, maybe they like how they look working out and want to record it, a host of reasons

Or they're actually recording other people to put on social media to humiliate...."

Highly unlikely, I’ve never seen that type of content

By *ansoffateMan
14 weeks ago

Sagittarius A

Because I am attempting to look cool...

And succeeding

By *ellhungvweMan
14 weeks ago

Cheltenham

"People saying it's to watch back to see if their form is correct. Nonsense! That's what the mirrors are for or failing that, train with someone. How did we ever cope before phones to see if we were doing our workouts properly? There's only one reason why people film themselves and that's for attention and social media. And it's also really bad etiquette to be filming in the gym because people doing so might unwittingly be filming other people doing their workouts and I know one thing, I don't want to end up on Thick Toc or IG while I'm struggling in the gym "

If you don’t want to end up on Thick Toc or IG whilst you are struggling down the gym then I suggest you start filming yourself to make sure your form is good and then no body will be able to make fun of you

By *lint-EverhardMan
14 weeks ago

Perpignan and cap

Form

14 weeks ago

Got called a dickhead after I walked in front of someone’s camera to get to some weight plates, had to tell him it was a public gym

By *atnip make me purrWoman
14 weeks ago

Reading

My uncle videos himself working out. I dont really want to see it though he's in remarkable shape for a 79 year old

By *oeBeansMan
14 weeks ago

Derby

I don't have Tik Tok or Instagram and film my lifts. Fancy telling me why I film myself now if it's not for checking my form?

By *abtastic Mr FoxMan
14 weeks ago

A den in the Glen

"I quite enjoy pictures of men in the gym "

Sorry to disappoint, I only have naked ones of me in the gym.

14 weeks ago

Southampton

"Could be to check their gains, form, maybe they like how they look working out and want to record it, a host of reasons

Or they're actually recording other people to put on social media to humiliate....

Highly unlikely, I’ve never seen that type of content "

Doesn't mean its not out there

14 weeks ago

Warwick and Coventry

Doesn't mean its not out there"

Hippotwatamuses are out there

Mr

By *ackformore100Man
14 weeks ago

Tin town

"People saying it's to watch back to see if their form is correct. Nonsense! That's what the mirrors are for or failing that, train with someone. How did we ever cope before phones to see if we were doing our workouts properly? There's only one reason why people film themselves and that's for attention and social media. And it's also really bad etiquette to be filming in the gym because people doing so might unwittingly be filming other people doing their workouts and I know one thing, I don't want to end up on Thick Toc or IG while I'm struggling in the gym

If you don’t want to end up on Thick Toc or IG whilst you are struggling down the gym then I suggest you start filming yourself to make sure your form is good and then no body will be able to make fun of you "

And while you're doing that you could be videoing them looking at your poor form videoing you.. Like one of those magic mirrors

By *zeroMan
14 weeks ago

A wretched hive of scum and villainy

That's where Joey Swole comes in

By *lkGuyMagic24Man
14 weeks ago

Chislehurst

Probably out there just.. highly unlikely

By *orthern BeardMan
14 weeks ago

Preston

I film myself when doing compound movement. Purely for a review of my form. It’s actually really helped me to improve it.

I ain’t going to be taking a tripod but in the end who cares. Just do your work. Who’s bothered by what someone’s doing

By *ackformore100Man
14 weeks ago

Tin town

"Is it bothering you Op?

Mr"

People should be able to go to a public space without someone videoing them though however incidentally it maybe.

By *r AnalyticMan
14 weeks ago

Nuneaton

I film to watch form.

If there are no mirrors around ill film.

There is a saying.

You need to do better mind your own business.

Or

Go up and ask why they are filming.

By *B69Woman
14 weeks ago

Wiltshire

"I quite enjoy pictures of men in the gym

Sorry to disappoint, I only have naked ones of me in the gym. "

Never a disappointment

By *S chanel demarTV/TS
14 weeks ago

peterborough

Sad and embarrassing

By *ackformore100Man
14 weeks ago

Tin town

I film to watch form.

There is a saying.

Or

Go up and ask why they are filming."

Where does your entitlement to film stop though? In the gym? In the changing rooms? In the hot tub? Is it unreasonable to expect some privacy if you don't want to be a part of someone elses home movie? If there's nobody else around of course no harm no foul but I don't see a need for mobile phones to be in gyms at all.

By *eordieJeansCouple
14 weeks ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

PR, to check my form, to send it to my coach, because I look fucking good doing it, because I can, because I want to, becauee I’m vain. Take your pick.

14 weeks ago

Southampton

Doesn't mean its not out there

That's where Joey Swole comes in"

Who ??

14 weeks ago

Because they look hot

By *r AnalyticMan
14 weeks ago

Nuneaton

I film to watch form.

There is a saying.

Or

Go up and ask why they are filming.

Where does your entitlement to film stop though? In the gym? In the changing rooms? In the hot tub? Is it unreasonable to expect some privacy if you don't want to be a part of someone elses home movie? If there's nobody else around of course no harm no foul but I don't see a need for mobile phones to be in gyms at all. "

A big no no in the changing rooms.

Why in a public hot tube err no

When filming you should see who is around and try to keep everyone out of shoot.

If you can't you ask if they dont mind.

Also i dont upload online unless its just me in the video.

By *hiversMan
14 weeks ago

Dinas Powys

You should know when you're doing that really "

Wanna know how I know you don't squat heavy?

If it was that easy to tell, pro powerlifters would never worry about 3 white lights.

By *eordieJeansCouple
14 weeks ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

You should know when you're doing that really

Wanna know how I know you don't squat heavy?

If it was that easy to tell, pro powerlifters would never worry about 3 white lights."

Exactly

By *rPunxMan
14 weeks ago

Hull

Some are doing it to study their form. Others are these bloody attention seeking social media layabouts. The kind who then accuse people of perving on them. I'd say discreetly check if they are taking it seriously or just posing. If the latter then stay away

Post new Message to Thread