Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Showering : Observation

Jump to newest

By *oubleswing2019 OP   Man
7 days ago

Colchester

Obviously showering is a highly personal ritual for an individual.

But I think I've noticed something, although it's by no means a rigorous study.

Take a shower with a fixed "monsoon" type head above you. And a mounted directional and detachable shower head and hose to the side. Got the picture ?

Here's my observation.

Male friends (including myself) who have used my shower almost always use the monsoon head, in preference to anything else.

Female friends (including Mrs DS) invariably use the detachable shower head/hose. They never use the monsoon head. (There is a lever always left in the detachable head position, so it's easy to tell afterwards).

Of course, it doesn't bother me one bit what people use. However the thought did spring to my mind. Is there a predilection preference at play here ?

Another observation based on hotel rooms. Again they'll feature a large monsoon head AND a detachable shower head on a hose AS WELL.

Happy Splashing (I nearly said Sploshing, but that's something else entirely), regardless of your chromosome arrangement / identity

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *eroLondonMan
7 days ago

Covent Garden

OP, dear fellow, there are a cohort of people on here who don't even shower, let alone care what type of drizzle they prefer or type of shower head they like to employ. They would sooner pick up a virus before picking up a bar of soap.

By *lueLotusWoman
7 days ago

The edge of heaven

I would prefer both and I alternate when it's one at a time

By *eroLondonMan
7 days ago

Covent Garden

She's proud of her ablutions... ^

7 days ago

Colchester

"OP, dear fellow, there are a cohort of people on here who don't even shower, let alone care what type of drizzle they prefer or type of shower head they like to employ. They would sooner pick up a virus before picking up a bar of soap."

Please tell me you are jesting, Nero ? Please ? If it was 1588, I might be inclined to agree that a yearly "bath" might be the order of the day. But in 2024 ? We're the cleanest we've ever been, right ? Right ?

7 days ago

Colchester

"She's proud of her ablutions... ^"

Now there's a word one does not hear nowhere near as often as one would like !

By *ed VoluptaWoman
7 days ago

Wirral.

I imagine women don't always want to wash their hair.

By *lueLotusWoman
7 days ago

The edge of heaven

"I imagine women don't always want to wash their hair. "

Mine feels and looks better if I wash it every day

By *eroLondonMan
7 days ago

Covent Garden

"OP, dear fellow, there are a cohort of people on here who don't even shower, let alone care what type of drizzle they prefer or type of shower head they like to employ. They would sooner pick up a virus before picking up a bar of soap.

·

Please tell me you are jesting, Nero ? Please ? If it was 1588, I might be inclined to agree that a yearly "bath" might be the order of the day. But in 2024 ? We're the cleanest we've ever been, right ? Right ? "

For those who immerse themselves in their annual exfoliation we wish them a Happy Bathday.

By *midnight-Woman
7 days ago

Hardly the mystery of the century is it

By *aughty Couple ABCCouple
7 days ago

West Bromwich

I'm the female of the couple and I use the monsoon shower head, before switching to the detachable head.

Mr only uses the detachable head

By *he love catsCouple
7 days ago

South Wales

In our yearly shower ritual we both use the monsoon shower head, sometimes together

By *icolerobbieCouple
7 days ago

walsall

But how do you know that they’ve not used both, but just used the hand held for the final rinse?

By *ot to giggleWoman
7 days ago

Coventry

its quite a western concept! Having taught and lived in a rural Chinese school, they were astonished i showered daily!

They visited the bath house possibly weekly, and ritually washed their feet at the tap daily!

surprisingly they didn't smell!! Or possibly it was that flipping cold it wasn't noticeable, or we were all nose blind!

By *ivemealadybonerWoman
7 days ago

somewhere

We only have a standard shower at home but I always have it on the most powerful setting (thinner stream) and Rubik has the setting that is more "open".

If in a hotel with a monsoon shower, I'd only use it if the only one available but if there was two, I'd use it to wash my hair, if I wasn't, I'd use the other x

By *partharmonyCouple
7 days ago

Ruislip

I hate the ones which are right over my head. The water goes over my mouth and nose so I feel like I'm drowning. I want one that hits my neck and below. Luke.

By *ellhungvweMan
7 days ago

Cheltenham

I dislike fixed monsoon heads as they are invariably too low for me - either I can’t get under them at all or they are too close to the top of my head and I get power blasted. I tend to use the swivel head instead and am used to it just hitting the top of my back.

By *alcon77Man
7 days ago

under the sun & the moon

It may be something as simple as they don't want to get their hair wet with every shower.

- Women, generally have more hair.

I don't wash my hair everyday because it's too long and can take all day to dry. So I favour the pointable mobile shower head on a hose rather than a fixed overhead shower also.

Hopefully that makes sense and I've understood your type of bathroom set up.

By *illy IdolMan
7 days ago

Midlands

"I dislike fixed monsoon heads as they are invariably too low for me - either I can’t get under them at all or they are too close to the top of my head and I get power blasted. I tend to use the swivel head instead and am used to it just hitting the top of my back."

People dream of being as tall as you but it's just a pain in the arse isn't it.

Banging your head on door frames. Struggling to find clothes that fit properly and now showers

By *alcon77Man
7 days ago

under the sun & the moon

Also you can point a shower on a hose to different parts of your hair if you have 2 or 3 feet of hair and get more accurate cleaning. Which u can't on a fixed overhead shower.

I should start a hair care channel on youtube.

By *he Silver FuxMan
7 days ago

Uttoxeter

"I imagine women don't always want to wash their hair.

Hardly the mystery of the century is it "

He’s married to her… but has failed to observe that she doesn’t always want to wash her hair every time she showers…

By *kphooeyMan
7 days ago

Finchley

What's wrong with a dipper and an 'ong'?

(*ong = clay water jar in Thailand holding about 1,000L)

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

7 days ago

East Sussex

Those rainfall showers are lovely but only wet the top of your body. Any 'nooks and crannies ' need the hand held bit to properly wash and rinse.

Also if I spent and hour washing and drying my hair yesterday I don't want to get it wet today

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

7 days ago

East Sussex

"What's wrong with a dipper and an 'ong'?

(*ong = clay water jar in Thailand holding about 1,000L)"

Nothing, in fact if it was warm enough it'd be lovely. We used similar in Kerala when I was staying with people there

By *kphooeyMan
7 days ago

Finchley

Nothing, in fact if it was warm enough it'd be lovely. We used similar in Kerala when I was staying with people there"

Ah, the days of the Raj! "Tiffin, Madam?"

By *ellhungvweMan
7 days ago

Cheltenham

"I dislike fixed monsoon heads as they are invariably too low for me - either I can’t get under them at all or they are too close to the top of my head and I get power blasted. I tend to use the swivel head instead and am used to it just hitting the top of my back.

People dream of being as tall as you but it's just a pain in the arse isn't it.

Banging your head on door frames. Struggling to find clothes that fit properly and now showers "

Every silver lining also has a cloud.

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
7 days ago

BRIDPORT

"OP, dear fellow, there are a cohort of people on here who don't even shower, let alone care what type of drizzle they prefer or type of shower head they like to employ. They would sooner pick up a virus before picking up a bar of soap.

Please tell me you are jesting, Nero ? Please ? If it was 1588, I might be inclined to agree that a yearly "bath" might be the order of the day. But in 2024 ? We're the cleanest we've ever been, right ? Right ? "

Totally with you on this, it’s definitely a bath at Christmas AND a bath on me birthday for me, none of this once a year filth here.

By *kphooeyMan
7 days ago

Finchley

"

Totally with you on this, it’s definitely a bath at Christmas AND a bath on me birthday for me, none of this once a year filth here. "

Better still, save on water, share a bath with a friend (as in 1976!)

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

7 days ago

East Sussex

Nothing, in fact if it was warm enough it'd be lovely. We used similar in Kerala when I was staying with people there

Ah, the days of the Raj! "Tiffin, Madam?""

. Just exactly how old do you think I am

By *ellhungvweMan
7 days ago

Cheltenham

. Just exactly how old do you think I am "

We are not amused.

By *inky_couple2020Couple
7 days ago

North West

I monsoon. I like to sit on my shower chair and let it cascade over me. I only use the detachable bit if I'm having a quick in and out shower and don't want to get my hair wet.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

7 days ago

East Sussex

If you only have a rainfall shower you also need a bidet. Most UK bathrooms aren't really big enough.

By *kphooeyMan
7 days ago

Finchley

. Just exactly how old do you think I am "

Old enough to remember Carry on up the Khyber!

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

7 days ago

East Sussex

Old enough to remember Carry on up the Khyber!"

you're not wrong.

By *kphooeyMan
7 days ago

Finchley

Old enough to remember Carry on up the Khyber!"

(I think I may have saved myself there!)

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

7 days ago

East Sussex

We are not amused."

Ah our own dear queen. I remember her coronation as if it were yesterday

By *2000ManMan
7 days ago

Worthing

I prefer the detatchable shower head and direct water over body that way. Think it's quicker, uses less water and ensure all body is covered.

7 days ago

Colchester

"

He’s married to her… but has failed to observe that she doesn’t always want to wash her hair every time she showers… "

Actually she does wash her hair every times she showers, as do I

By *mber SkiesWoman
7 days ago

"OP, dear fellow, there are a cohort of people on here who don't even shower, let alone care what type of drizzle they prefer or type of shower head they like to employ. They would sooner pick up a virus before picking up a bar of soap."

By *rPunxMan
7 days ago

Hull

OK I'm just going to throw this theory in here. Although alot of the women have used the hair wash excuse. My personal belief is they prefer the detachable/ directional head because its easier to point it at certain points of their anatomy.

7 days ago

North West

"OK I'm just going to throw this theory in here. Although alot of the women have used the hair wash excuse. My personal belief is they prefer the detachable/ directional head because its easier to point it at certain points of their anatomy. "

Which parts? Their feet?

7 days ago

Colchester

"Which parts? Their feet?"

I have a feeling somewhere else might be being alluded to. But wouldn't that make the recipient want to pee ?

(I never expected the conversation to take quite such a turn, but that's FAB for you, I guess !)

By *imi_RougeWoman
7 days ago

Portsmouth

This. I don't want to be monsooned.

By *imi_RougeWoman
7 days ago

Portsmouth

"OK I'm just going to throw this theory in here. Although alot of the women have used the hair wash excuse. My personal belief is they prefer the detachable/ directional head because its easier to point it at certain points of their anatomy.

Which parts? Their feet?"

Well obviously it's our vagina..

Because men seem to think that needs soap and water to keep it clean.

By *heBelladonnaWoman
7 days ago

Central London

I have a shower with multiple shower heads and body sprayers. It was a lovely idea when it was designed and being fitted. In practicality, it’s rarely used. Half the time I don an über sexy plastic cap over my head as I am fearful of touching the wrong sprayer control and getting my hair wet. I prefer the handheld to the in place attached to the wall, or ceiling sprayers. I only have one shower cubicle with a monsoon shower head and no other option. It’s in one of the spare en-suites. To say it’s been used more than a dozen times would be an understatement.

When I stay in hotels, I Google review photos to see if the bathrooms have the monsoon showers only or a combination of handheld and monsoon. If they only have the monsoon, I will not book a stay no matter how lovely the hotel may be.

By *rPunxMan
6 days ago

Hull

"OK I'm just going to throw this theory in here. Although alot of the women have used the hair wash excuse. My personal belief is they prefer the detachable/ directional head because its easier to point it at certain points of their anatomy.

Which parts? Their feet?

Because men seem to think that needs soap and water to keep it clean."

i was discussing the fact that apparently it's very arousing

By *oo..Woman
6 days ago

Boo's World

Op you should definitely design and fit bathrooms for a living. You're very involved and have great knowledge of shower heads!

Monsoon shower head for the hair and body and slide the detachable shower head low down the bar , tilt it and aim it directly onto the ladies bits.

Wash,cum and go obviously

By *ust jizzMan
6 days ago

stockport

Probably to do with not getting hair wet! Just a thought

5 days ago

North West

Which parts? Their feet?

Because men seem to think that needs soap and water to keep it clean. i was discussing the fact that apparently it's very arousing "

Does absolutely bugger all for me, personally.

5 days ago

Colchester

"Op you should definitely design and fit bathrooms for a living. You're very involved and have great knowledge of shower heads!"

I would love to design bathrooms. At least from an aesthetic and practical standpoint. The actual hard graft of fitting them doesn't enthuse me as much.

The very first thing on that blank piece of paper would be, "How do I want people to feel when they open the door?" and "What do I want this bathroom to say?", followed, by "How do I want people to feel?" when they use the bathroom.

And if I was forced to come up with one word, I think, "Spoilt" comes at the top of the list. "Indulged" not far behind it.

Post new Message to Thread