Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Being ghosted

Jump to newest

By *aria_dreamgirl OP   TV/TS
13 weeks ago

stockport

Have you ever felt close to someone after exchanging personal information ostensibly with a stranger you felt a real bond then they totally disappear?

That's being ghosted and it's heartbreaking

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
13 weeks ago

That is why I do not give too much away, at least online. I make sure they are real for a start then meet in person before they get too much out of me information wise

By *hunky GentMan
13 weeks ago

Maldon and Peterborough

Yip. It's a bloody awful feeling, especially when you don't know what you've done wrong.

13 weeks ago

Worse when you've been fucking them for a year and they just vanish

By *ophieslutTV/TS
13 weeks ago

Central

No. I've had several chats that have started and naturally fizzled out, once either side determined lack of compatibility. This is to be expected as most of us will never be mutually compatible. Getting to know others is an iterative, progressive process. I'd not get inappropriately revealing, too quickly

By *inUpProWoman
13 weeks ago

Liverpool

I've been ghosted three times in less than two weeks. It's no fun

By *aylorMan
13 weeks ago

Fife

It's a horrible feeling, sadly it's all part of fab and online dating.

By *oadsafun1960Man
13 weeks ago

Somerset & Hertfordshire

"Worse when you've been fucking them for a year and they just vanish "

Yes when you've known them a while and they just ghost you it's the most hurtful thing someone can do.

By *ot to giggleWoman
13 weeks ago

Coventry

yes - its a horrible feeling, try to think its about them not you - difficult i know.

By *ll-Knight-longMan
13 weeks ago

Derby/Notts(Long Eaton)

At the stages before having let, you never really know if they are playing you, or nervous , never any intention of meeting up but just getting the adrenaline kick from stringing you along. Sometimes a word or phrase can be lost in translation or taken out of context & there is an instant brick wall, but there is nothing worse than the ghosting totally out of the blue leaving you reflecting on everything

By *uckurcumMan
13 weeks ago

Nowhereland

Unfortunately a trait of any form of dating / sex app these days ...

People lack the backbone to say no thanks or it's over ...

It's like cats playing with mice !

13 weeks ago

"Unfortunately a trait of any form of dating / sex app these days ...

People lack the backbone to say no thanks or it's over ...

It's like cats playing with mice ! "

I have quite a few who remain friends for some time after the sex has ended, but with others I'd prefer them to say "let's move on", rather than just going silent.

By *r John WickMan
13 weeks ago

The Continental

Being ghosted after meeting several times, being intimate, and making the mistake of thinking we were friends, that fuckin sucks.

That’s the disposable nature of friendship in the modern today I guess.

By *igR93Man
13 weeks ago

Sarcasm City

Arrange a meeting within a week of talking

Start off on a basis that neither of you owe each other because you talked for a few days

Don’t put all your eggs in one basket

And approach each new person with an “it will be what it will be” attitude

This will help a lot, ghosting is the new norm I’m afraid

By *agicM53XMan
13 weeks ago

Orpington

Been ghosted many times...even had someone ghost me after 2 months of dating - just like that overnight, and only herd back from them after like 10 days. It's a horrible feeling, especially when you are genuinely concerned for them. I don't think I would see it as ghosting if I never met them in real life though, I also don't think I would have personal or intimate conversations with them if I hadn't met them in real life. Until that very first meet occurs-zero expectations on my part...

13 weeks ago

Doesn't bother me whatsoever to be honest. Genuinely couldn't care less if someone isn't interested in me anymore and decide to ghost or completely cut me off. I just think 'fuck'em.'

By *lowupdollTV/TS
13 weeks ago

Herts

It’s horrible. I was seeing a guy for several years, then he just ghosted me. Vanished. Closure would have been appreciated.

By *ulcanriderMan
13 weeks ago

Northampton

Been ghosted alot sadly. Its not nice

By *issmorganWoman
13 weeks ago

Calderdale innit

I think on here, conversation can dry up and people feel awkward so maybe just stop chatting,if that's all it's been.

It happens unfortunately,when you've actually met someone and got close, then it's horrible if they just suddenly cut contact.

Who knows why people do it,they got what they wanted, had things happening in real life, weren't single etc.

I haven't had it happen, but I can imagine it's hurtful, some people can easily treat others like they're disposable.

By *ynamicnatureMan
13 weeks ago

Doncaster

"I've been ghosted three times in less than two weeks. It's no fun "

Those guys must have rocks in their heads

By *ansupMan
13 weeks ago

newport

Yup i do get ghosted

By *orthern BeardMan
13 weeks ago

Preston

The award for dumbest blokes of the year go too….

By *ffice-gilfWoman
13 weeks ago

Edinburgh

I’ve had that, guy I was seeing for a couple of years maybe, had clothes and shoes stored at mine, suddenly no messages, no contact, like he’s disappeared of the face of the earth.

By *ilverfox for youMan
13 weeks ago

Hull

Yes it can make you feel worthless .pick yourself up and learn from it .their loss !!

By *scapenwMan
13 weeks ago

North Wales Coast

What sort of weirdos are ghosting you?

By *scapenwMan
13 weeks ago

North Wales Coast

It’s very bizarre when it happens.

I’ve just had it happen.

We’d met a few times.

Day we’d plan to meet at a hotel (which she had paid for) - blocked and ghosted.

Not sure what I’m to do when I spot her in Tesco next

By *rPunxMan
13 weeks ago

Hull

Truly awful when it happens. I've had it a few times.its worse when you actually care about someone and then start to think the worst has happened (fatal accident, etc) only to find out they have moved onto their next victim.i personally think it tends to be self obsessed people who do it,who enjoy the emotional abuse of building you up only to knock you down again. I've come to kinda spot the signs now.made me alot more cautious though

By *hapLeedsMan
13 weeks ago

Leeds

Several times….face pics swapped… chatted and arranged a meet then ghosted… fantasies of people who have no intention in meeting

By *tylebender03Man
13 weeks ago

Manchester

Caspers

By *entleman JayMan
13 weeks ago

Wakefield

It’s worse when you’ve known them a few years and spent a hell of a lot of time with them.

One popped up two years later to the week. My response was “do you know it’s exactly two years since you ghosted me”. She had a bloody cheek.

If you don’t want to spend anymore time with someone, just tell them. It’s easy enough to do.

By *emonbuttercreamWoman
13 weeks ago

Birmingham

I share personal information very easily, so sharing something deep and meaningful about myself wouldn't make me develop any sort of attachment to someone. I'm an open book. I find it takes lots of one on one time for me to become emotionally involved with someone and that’s the only time I would be upset if someone ghosted me.

By *onkoMan
13 weeks ago

here and there

Be more _onko.

Saves on heartache

By *enelope2UWoman
13 weeks ago

Fife

Usually get ghosted once they realise meeting for coffee and immediately fucking afterward £4 effort won't be happening...

By *imi_RougeWoman
13 weeks ago

Portsmouth

I don't count people disappearing after a few messages as ghosting.

It's when you've met at least a few times, chat on a regular basis and then nothing. That's ghosting.

By *orthern BeardMan
13 weeks ago

Preston

"I don't count people disappearing after a few messages as ghosting.

It's when you've met at least a few times, chat on a regular basis and then nothing. That's ghosting. "

Yeah I’m with you on this

By *inAndTonic21Couple
13 weeks ago

Merseyside

I always say just be a nice human - be honest and open then people don’t question themselves! Shame not everyone does this - we have had it done to us xx

By *xl PoseMan
12 weeks ago

West Lothian

This happened to me 2 months ago. Chatted on the phone every night for months, Texted each other multiple times every day, spent hours in each others company going on wee day trips, good sex together in bed then totally vanished, An explanation would have been nice, just for closure at least.

12 weeks ago

I've been ghosted many times but I'm one of those that's into the reciprocal liking. If you go luke warm on me I lose interest. On fab I would suggest using an exorcist as Ghosts do have a habit of reappearing once they realise what they are missing out on x

By *bonybucksMan
12 weeks ago

High Wycombe

It’s really horrible yes, but it’s better than seeing them for a few weeks or months and for them to ghost you then. I’ve had that done to me more than one and it’s not very nice. I suspect that they found themselves someone who they really liked.

12 weeks ago

What do people class as ghosting though?

To me, talking to someone on here and then conversation just stopping isn't ghosting.

Meeting someone and spending time with them for them to then disappear and ignore your messages, that would be ghosting.

By *ermite12ukMan
12 weeks ago

Solihull and Brentwood

"What do people class as ghosting though?

To me, talking to someone on here and then conversation just stopping isn't ghosting.

Meeting someone and spending time with them for them to then disappear and ignore your messages, that would be ghosting."

Couldn't really spectre-ulate. Sorry, I will get my coat.

By *obyn GravesTV/TS
12 weeks ago

1127 walnut avenue

Back in the day being ghosted was when your brother or sister put a sheet over themselves and jumped out at you from behind the door..

12 weeks ago

It's one of the reasons I don't stay on here for long. It's such a waste of time and energy and infuriates me beyond words. Usually guys who like the talk but can't back it up

By *4bimMan
12 weeks ago

Farnborough Hampshire

Had plenty do it

Usually the chat, get to the point of meeting then ghost.

Been left in hotels after she's messaged 5 minutes ago to say she's on way. Never showed and she's blocked.

Was talking to one this week and she blocked suddenly but I had an impression she wasn't well mentally so I dodged a bullet thankfully.

Unfortunately ghosting is a part of this like time wasters and an in box of Willy pics.

You just have to relax and move on, don't give them a second chance, leopards never change spots.

By *_Mr.K_xMan
12 weeks ago

Somewhere between Hades and Narnia

"It's one of the reasons I don't stay on here for long. It's such a waste of time and energy and infuriates me beyond words. Usually guys who like the talk but can't back it up "

You see, I'm completely the opposite... I love having my mind engaged and to feel there's a connection.

It definitely encourages me to back it up. It's just about being given the chance or opportunity in the first place

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
12 weeks ago

King's Crustacean

"It’s very bizarre when it happens.

I’ve just had it happen.

We’d met a few times.

Day we’d plan to meet at a hotel (which she had paid for) - blocked and ghosted.

Not sure what I’m to do when I spot her in Tesco next "

Give her the fish fingers

By *educing_EmCouple
12 weeks ago

Tipperary

Ya I've had this, not knowing why is the shit part.

You give someone your body on a regular basis, the least they could do is tell you why or at least tell you they're done.

By *d mirerMan
12 weeks ago

lost

Aye it’s disappointing , especially if you’ve met , been close , intimate and shared personal thoughts and details .

It happens though , all you can do is dust off and get in with things .

By *lder.Woman
12 weeks ago

Not Local

From strangers to lovers to strangers again can be a bit galling. I am always optimistic it can swing back to lovers again at some future point. If not you can always use the memories. As a dart board if necessary

By *d mirerMan
12 weeks ago

lost

"From strangers to lovers to strangers again can be a bit galling. I am always optimistic it can swing back to lovers again at some future point. If not you can always use the memories. As a dart board if necessary "

By *arlot o scaraWoman
12 weeks ago

Hell

Ha, yes. Just randomly in the middle of a conversation with no explanation and the rumour mill going.

Then six months later they message and say they were scared by their own feelings for you.

What you’ll usually find, OP, is they always come crawling back. I had 3 reappear in a week recently. I must look like a mug

By *mf123Man
12 weeks ago

with one foot out the door

I dont like losing whether its paranormal or not

By *arlot o scaraWoman
12 weeks ago

Hell

"I dont like losing whether its paranormal or not"

Mind the ectoplasm

By *asterMeliodasMan
12 weeks ago

Near Keith

"Ha, yes. Just randomly in the middle of a conversation with no explanation and the rumour mill going.

Then six months later they message and say they were scared by their own feelings for you.

What you’ll usually find, OP, is they always come crawling back. I had 3 reappear in a week recently. I must look like a mug "

Wait, they ghosted you and then had the audacity to try again like you'd have forgotten they did that? XD

By *essica FlabbitWoman
12 weeks ago

west midlands/shropshire

I have been through this.. but it ended with them standing me up. Told me they were on their way and left me in a carpark waiting . Then blocked me.

By *mf123Man
12 weeks ago

with one foot out the door

"I dont like losing whether its paranormal or not

Mind the ectoplasm "

run its the spooky jizms

By *arlot o scaraWoman
11 weeks ago

Hell

"Ha, yes. Just randomly in the middle of a conversation with no explanation and the rumour mill going.

What you’ll usually find, OP, is they always come crawling back. I had 3 reappear in a week recently. I must look like a mug

Wait, they ghosted you and then had the audacity to try again like you'd have forgotten they did that? XD"

Some people might be more easily manipulated by a sob story than I am

By *scapenwMan
11 weeks ago

North Wales Coast

Well I bumped into her.

I was very polite.

Within a week she’d sucked my cock again

By *hysboi123456Man
11 weeks ago

Newport

"Have you ever felt close to someone after exchanging personal information ostensibly with a stranger you felt a real bond then they totally disappear?

That's being ghosted and it's heartbreaking "

its really rude and annoyed dont understand why people do it rather them just say no thanks

Post new Message to Thread