FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Do good looking people have a better life than us fuglies?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
14 weeks ago

Maybe more opportunities open up for attractive people, or people are generally nicer to them?

Or on the flip side maybe they get more UNWANTED attention or harassment?

Is it a benefit or a curse to be beautiful?

What’s your experience, Fabsters?

I have no idea. I have a face like a dogs arse.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *unchalMan
14 weeks ago

Dartford

"Maybe more opportunities open up for attractive people, or people are generally nicer to them?

I have no idea. I have a face like a dogs arse. "

Yes. Lots of research backs up what we all know deep down, good looking people have it easy!

By (user no longer on site)
14 weeks ago

My grandparents told me I’d be fighting them off when I was younger …. They lied.

Your looks get people looking at you, your personality gets them to stay.

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
14 weeks ago

Carlisle usually

There's pros and cons to both

By *ittlemissmistressKCouple
14 weeks ago

Southampton

"My grandparents told me I’d be fighting them off when I was younger …. They lied.

Your looks get people looking at you, your personality gets them to stay. "

You have both xx

By *iker JackMan
14 weeks ago

Wolverhampton

There is a huge difference in attractive in looks and an attractive personality

For me personally there has to be a mixture of both

I am sure we all know of people who are attractive in looks who really don’t have to do much, as the saying goes “their looks get them by”, but what happens once the looks fade?

Give me attractive personality that wins

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

14 weeks ago

East Sussex

We all know that pretty privilege is a thing.

I have heard it said that it can be a curse too because people are reluctant to approach you and that's borne out by the 'punching' threads on here

By *ophieslutTV/TS
14 weeks ago

Central

Youz more choice is good

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

14 weeks ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

I'd rather be rich than good looking.

I suppose being neither hasn't worked out too bad so far in my life.....

By *ilverfox for youMan
14 weeks ago

Hull

I think more doors open to attractive people

By *agnar73Man
14 weeks ago

Glasgow

No idea.

By *onkeynutWoman
14 weeks ago

somewhere

Opportunities? Are we talking career or something else?

My experience career wise that if you are good, you are recognised regardless of looks.

I can’t really comment on other opportunities.

I’ve never witnessed or experienced someone being less kind because of looks.

I’m sure being good looking results in some unwanted attention though.

By *obilebottomMan
14 weeks ago

All over

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder for sure. Never being one for conventional beauty personally. That certain je ne sais quoi, personality, attitude, believes and attitudes towards others are some important defining characteristics. We have all come across the pretty faces, the goddess and god like bodies, the chiselled looks, the curves in the right places and then the moment they open their mouth is like how fast can I get away from there

By *reggSausageMan
14 weeks ago

derby

You cannot define attractiveness as it’s subjective and individual, generally ‘pretty’ people don’t have to work as hard at many things but the flip side is life’s grind makes better characters

By *ark73XXXMan
14 weeks ago

North Staffs/South Cheshire

Beauty is subjective

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

14 weeks ago

East Sussex

[Removed by poster at 28/06/24 08:07:20]

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

14 weeks ago

East Sussex

[Removed by poster at 28/06/24 08:07:17]

By *ellinever70Woman
14 weeks ago

Ayrshire

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder for sure. Never being one for conventional beauty personally. That certain je ne sais quoi, personality, attitude, believes and attitudes towards others are some important defining characteristics. We have all come across the pretty faces, the goddess and god like bodies, the chiselled looks, the curves in the right places and then the moment they open their mouth is like how fast can I get away from there "

Is that just a trope...people who are attractive on the outside are ugly on the inside or have no personality?

A bit like really clever people lacking common sense?

I think maybe we just tell ourselves that to make us feel better if we don't consider ourselves attractive or clever

14 weeks ago

"My grandparents told me I’d be fighting them off when I was younger …. They lied.

Your looks get people looking at you, your personality gets them to stay.

You have both xx"

Thank you

By *luehairedcumslutCouple
14 weeks ago

St Neots

"Beauty is subjective "

Is it really though? We are all aware who would be considered attractive and ugly

By *obilebottomMan
14 weeks ago

All over

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder for sure. Never being one for conventional beauty personally. That certain je ne sais quoi, personality, attitude, believes and attitudes towards others are some important defining characteristics. We have all come across the pretty faces, the goddess and god like bodies, the chiselled looks, the curves in the right places and then the moment they open their mouth is like how fast can I get away from there

Is that just a trope...people who are attractive on the outside are ugly on the inside or have no personality?

A bit like really clever people lacking common sense?

I think maybe we just tell ourselves that to make us feel better if we don't consider ourselves attractive or clever "

Not at all as only applies to some. Lots can be both but not everyone. And as I said it is really in the eye of the beholder. Everyone considers beauty differently, I am sure. Nothing to do with envy or making ourselves feel better. Certainly not what I meant.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

14 weeks ago

East Sussex

"Beauty is subjective

Is it really though? We are all aware who would be considered attractive and ugly "

I think we could all look at a room full of people and put them in order of who *most* people would find more attractive.

14 weeks ago

St Neots

"Beauty is subjective

Is it really though? We are all aware who would be considered attractive and ugly

I think we could all look at a room full of people and put them in order of who *most* people would find more attractive. "

Yeah I think that's what I meant x

By *jj2012Man
14 weeks ago

Barry

I think we get treated exactly the same as everyone else lol I'm joking, but genuinely I don't think people get treated differently

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

14 weeks ago

East Sussex

"Beauty is subjective

I think we could all look at a room full of people and put them in order of who *most* people would find more attractive.

Yeah I think that's what I meant x "

Yep, I was agreeing with you

By *parkle1974Woman
14 weeks ago

Leeds

"Beauty is subjective

Is it really though? We are all aware who would be considered attractive and ugly "

What might be beautiful to one person might be ugly to another.

By *imply DeeWoman
14 weeks ago

Wherever

In short, yes.

By *allandathleticMan
14 weeks ago

Asgard

There's been scientific studies on how we perceive attraction. Symmetrical face etc etc.

However, and I whole heartedly stand by this. You can be 100% beautiful. (Scientifically, perfect) BUT if you treat the world like it owes you a favour, or you aren't arsed who you trample to get there.

Your an arsehole, and you aren't attractive.

So my short answer is.

Looks will get you in certain doors and offer certain opportunities, but who you are inside, is what will determine whether you stay or go.

Based on what I've written above. Yes, good looking people have more opportunities. But they quite often are the ones who think highly of themselves.

Do I think it's fair? No, but until we start realising equality should be human based, not race, sex or gender. We'll be stuck in a unequal world.

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
14 weeks ago

Carlisle usually

"Beauty is subjective

What might be beautiful to one person might be ugly to another."

While this is absolutely true, there is also a beauty standard. And there are absolutely stereotypes based on aesthetics that affect how (the majority of) people react to someone on initial contact.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

14 weeks ago

East Sussex

I don't know if they have a better life though. Horrible stuff happens to everyone not just the less attractive.

By *illy IdolMan
14 weeks ago

Midlands

Once you get used to the unwanted attention from the fugly peeps, it's fantastic

14 weeks ago

St Neots

"Beauty is subjective

What might be beautiful to one person might be ugly to another."

True... But I know when I wasn't as overweight, more toned and had a stronger jawline, I was treated differently to the fatty I am now

By *allandathleticMan
14 weeks ago

Asgard

"I don't know if they have a better life though. Horrible stuff happens to everyone not just the less attractive.

"

Very true. But, in my humble opinion. Good looking people are usually surrounded by a lot more people. Therefore their support network is often greater.

So, although bad stuff happens to us all. The ones with the biggest support networks often have a path of least resistance.

By *r John WickMan
14 weeks ago

The Continental

No.

I’m handsome as fuck, and my life largely sucks.

By *hief_Of_AlwaysMan
14 weeks ago

London or Bedford

No…I don’t

By *weetiepie99Woman
14 weeks ago

cardiff

I'm gorgeous, and it's a curse!!

By *lowupdollTV/TS
14 weeks ago

Herts

I’m pretty orrible but I’m easy so that balances things out. Probably.

By *andynecklaceWoman
14 weeks ago

West Brom

[Removed by poster at 28/06/24 09:54:24]

By *hiversMan
14 weeks ago

Dinas Powys

In for answers

By *aribbean King 1985Man
14 weeks ago

South West London

Well if you're in like the top 100 ugliest guys like me then we dont have a chance

But while beautiful people have better lives most of the time their attitude is horibble with a sense of entitlement

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple
14 weeks ago

Cumbria

"Maybe more opportunities open up for attractive people, or people are generally nicer to them?

I have no idea. I have a face like a dogs arse.

Yes. Lots of research backs up what we all know deep down, good looking people have it easy! "

This is true, we are far more likely to attribute virtues such as intelligence and honesty to good looking people.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

14 weeks ago

East Sussex

"I don't know if they have a better life though. Horrible stuff happens to everyone not just the less attractive.

Very true. But, in my humble opinion. Good looking people are usually surrounded by a lot more people. Therefore their support network is often greater.

So, although bad stuff happens to us all. The ones with the biggest support networks often have a path of least resistance."

Really!? Go through some really tough times and see how support networks drop off even for the most beautiful of people. Pretty privilege is definitely a thing but it only goes so far.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

14 weeks ago

East Sussex

Years ago a friend of mine was tall, blonde and beautiful. She drive a Triumph Stag which broke down by the Clock Tower in Brighton. She jumped out of her car and said help, immediately men surrounded her only too eager to do whatever she needed. I'm not saying nobody would have helped a less attractive person but I bet there would have been fewer of them

14 weeks ago

Pretty privilege is a thing but so is thin privilege. They can also be disadvantages. People can find you intimidating, assume you’re a certain way based on the perception of where you fit in terms of perceived gesture standards, etc.

I wouldn’t say life is any better simply because of either privilege. In the long term, external appearances dwindle and if that’s all you’ve got you’ll become old news soon.

By *ora the explorerWoman
14 weeks ago

Paradise, Herts

No I don’t think so. I think self confident people do though.

By *eliWoman
14 weeks ago

"No I don’t think so. I think self confident people do though. "

Yep. Self confidence definitely plays a large part in how you're treated. Perhaps as a whole more socially accepted attractive people do receive better treatment from others.

As a tangent of sorts, as a woman who was once very morbidly obese, over 25 stones, and is considerably less (but still fat and working on it!)... there's a marked difference in how I'm treated now. And that makes me kind of sad. I do understand it to a certain degree but I also wish that wasn't the case.

By *mber SkiesWoman
14 weeks ago

Cardiff-ish

No I think I’m lucky when it comes to looks but boy haven’t I felt it go against me I’ve always had people be jealous of me been picked on & bullied so I just lie low now people like to knock you back

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

14 weeks ago

East Sussex

"No I think I’m lucky when it comes to looks but boy haven’t I felt it go against me I’ve always had people be jealous of me been picked on & bullied so I just lie low now people like to knock you back "

I've noticed that people revel in knocking attractive people back. Nobody ever says ugly on the outside ugly on the inside but they will quite happily claim that beautiful people are boring, stupid, lazy, arrogant etc. Then with not the least trace of irony claim that looks don't matter.

By *mber SkiesWoman
14 weeks ago

Cardiff-ish

"No I think I’m lucky when it comes to looks but boy haven’t I felt it go against me I’ve always had people be jealous of me been picked on & bullied so I just lie low now people like to knock you back

I've noticed that people revel in knocking attractive people back. Nobody ever says ugly on the outside ugly on the inside but they will quite happily claim that beautiful people are boring, stupid, lazy, arrogant etc. Then with not the least trace of irony claim that looks don't matter. "

By *ora the explorerWoman
14 weeks ago

Paradise, Herts

"No I don’t think so. I think self confident people do though.

Yep. Self confidence definitely plays a large part in how you're treated. Perhaps as a whole more socially accepted attractive people do receive better treatment from others.

As a tangent of sorts, as a woman who was once very morbidly obese, over 25 stones, and is considerably less (but still fat and working on it!)... there's a marked difference in how I'm treated now. And that makes me kind of sad. I do understand it to a certain degree but I also wish that wasn't the case. "

I agree and I feel the same as I’ve been through the same, however I know my self confidence is always terrible when I’m bigger and I ooze it when I’m happy with myself so it’s definitely linked.

By *eordieJeansCouple
14 weeks ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Did you ever think that maybe there’s more to life than being really really really ridiculously good looking?

By *ot to giggleWoman
14 weeks ago

Coventry

pretty subjective - beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

but yes people who are pleasant to look at probably get an easier pass in certain things.

I recall a calendar with fit blokes, I met Mr March at a training event, boy he was hot hot, but as soon as he opened his mouth , my female friends and I allowed him to stand with us as long as he said nothing !!

personality is huge, and much more attractive I think.

By *alcon77Man
14 weeks ago

under the sun & the moon

Probably more doors can open as has been mentioned.

Also though brings unwanted attention, as has been mentioned too..

Early memories of mine of about 3 or 4 years old are walking down the street and being stopped by people saying isn't "she" (my mum and dad kept my hair long) beautiful. Then my dad or whoever I was with, explaining.. "thanks..but actually, he's a boy.."

My parents also got me into child modelling.

(I probably wouldn't do this if I had a son or daughter.)

A particular woman I went out with said to me that the only thing I've got going for me is that I'm good looking...

These sorts of experiences probably don't have a positive effect on your mental well being.

Post new Message to Thread