Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Leysdown Shellness Nude Beach

Jump to newest

By *eachlife OP   Man
14 weeks ago

Kent

Visited for the first time in over 10 years.

Firstly the parking is almost non existent. The old parking spaces at the back of the beach have been removed which leaves no spaces. About 4 cars had parked on the hill as you approach the beach and I’m told there are a couple of spaces at the end by the nature reserve but that’s it.

At the beginning of the dirt track there are 4 spaces which are several hundred yards away, other than that it’s right up by the cafe or beyond.

Swale council could arrange better parking.

The beach itself is more overgrown than when I last visited. There are spaces to be had at the top of the beach on the grass, spaces in the dunes and plenty of room on the beach.

Fairly busy on the very hot sunny day my female mate and I went.

20% were couples I’d say.

Usual blokes walking around trying to look in windbreakers and beach tents. We had a black fella with a huge lump on his back position himself so he a good view of my mate but we reposition it windbreaker to block his view.

It’s a quiet out of the way beach which is nice ideal for relaxing.

I’d recommend it, but parking is a major issue. You could end up walking best part of a mile to get there. We did. Get there very early seems to be key.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *eachlife OP   Man
10 weeks ago

Kent

Went on a second visit last Friday (the scorchio day).

Went early and got a space in the car park which was good.

I would suggest about 100 people there including single women and couples.

Lots of space, good relaxed vibe.

I’ll be going again.

By *randMrsLPCouple
8 weeks ago

london

we stopped going years ago then went last year - parking is like you said we walke from the cafe hut - we stayed dressed - mainly men about 12 i guess it was a chilly, weekeday

we want to but parking is good as zero

i posted on another thread we consided hols there in a caravan but we dont like the main caravan park/Harts - others are private

Airbnb nothing decent or sensible price etc

we dont want a caravan where pets have stayed as allergic we have considered Eastbourne, Bournemouth or Kent by or near coast but kids hols, very expensive

We were consideirng inviting a male to massge the mrs, nude massage - but will have to wait until after hols

By *eachlife OP   Man
7 weeks ago

Kent

Third visit yesterday. Hottest day of the year.

Busy but not packed like you’d expect it to be. It’s got to be the parking situation putting people off.

Who wants to park nearly a mile away and hump their stuff to the beach in 30 degrees.

I went with a couple of friends of mine. We had a bit of fun with some ice.

Didn’t see any other fun. Probably too hot.

Attractive woman sitting on the top with a heavily bearded husband. Blue beach tent. Very nice.

Had a swim when the tide came in about 4pm.

By *randMrsLPCouple
6 weeks ago

london

yep - its the parking that put us off

By *ustyandbigCouple
6 weeks ago

leicester

Where is best place to park as last visited the town parked in the grass car park with beachhuts. But think this is too far to walk,

By *ornyTravels86Man
6 weeks ago

All over

"Where is best place to park as last visited the town parked in the grass car park with beachhuts. But think this is too far to walk, "

There is another car park further down (Neptune cafe) still about a mile walk, alternatively there is a car park right at the end of the unmade road before the hamlet but often fills early on nice days.

By *randMrsLPCouple
5 weeks ago

london

"Where is best place to park as last visited the town parked in the grass car park with beachhuts. But think this is too far to walk,

There is another car park further down (Neptune cafe) still about a mile walk, alternatively there is a car park right at the end of the unmade road before the hamlet but often fills early on nice days. "

We've parked there in the past weekday but long walk and we feared the car park gate closing

Post new Message to Thread