Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Is everything permitted?

Jump to newest

By *unchal OP   Man
14 weeks ago

Dartford

People on here keep saying that such and such is a kink and to be critical is to be ‘kink shaming’. Is everything permitted? Are there no limits or boundaries that you think need to be enforced. How far can I go before one of you in this Forum, screams, enough, stop…?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *igR93Man
14 weeks ago

Sarcasm City

I think common sense plays a fairly common role in this scenario really in terms of what is deemed as a step to far

By *andi da ThrushTV/TS
14 weeks ago

Round the Corner

"People on here keep saying that such and such is a kink and to be critical is to be ‘kink shaming’. Is everything permitted? Are there no limits or boundaries that you think need to be enforced. How far can I go before one of you in this Forum, screams, enough, stop…?"

As a guide:

Everyone should be of age

Everyone should consent

No one should have more than two legs

By *ophieslutTV/TS
14 weeks ago

Central

Anything that might be stated as against Fab site rules is a definite no. Likewise anything that's illegal.

If people are consenting, then it's a reasonably bet to assume that it's acceptable - unless something is distasteful or potentially disturbing.

By (user no longer on site)
14 weeks ago

If you're wanting to keep the lights on you've gone too far

By *oeBeansMan
14 weeks ago

Derby

"People on here keep saying that such and such is a kink and to be critical is to be ‘kink shaming’. Is everything permitted? Are there no limits or boundaries that you think need to be enforced. How far can I go before one of you in this Forum, screams, enough, stop…?

As a guide:

Everyone should consent

No one should have more than two legs"

Well that last one rules me out... Yeah!

By *ayHaychMan
14 weeks ago

Leeds (Home) / Sheffield (Work)

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

By *andi da ThrushTV/TS
14 weeks ago

Round the Corner

"People on here keep saying that such and such is a kink and to be critical is to be ‘kink shaming’. Is everything permitted? Are there no limits or boundaries that you think need to be enforced. How far can I go before one of you in this Forum, screams, enough, stop…?

As a guide:

Everyone should consent

Well that last one rules me out... Yeah! "

Prove it!

By *ittle Miss TinkerbellWoman
14 weeks ago

your head

Everything within the law is permitted to be discussed, but there are some topics that just aren't worth posting about because it always turns into a shitshow.

By *avinaTVTV/TS
14 weeks ago

Transsexual Transylvania

As a guide:

Everyone should consent

That's no leg...

By *unchal OP   Man
14 weeks ago

Dartford

As a guide:

Everyone should consent

I like that. Makes sense. Thanks.

By *unchal OP   Man
14 weeks ago

Dartford

"If you're wanting to keep the lights on you've gone too far "

Or talk.

By *aiducMan
14 weeks ago

Chelmsford

"Nothing is true. Everything is permitted. "

Hasan-i Sabbah

By *unchal OP   Man
14 weeks ago

Dartford

As a guide:

Everyone should consent

I need to see it!

By *unchal OP   Man
14 weeks ago

Dartford

"Nothing is true. Everything is permitted. "

Really?

By *ortyairCouple
14 weeks ago

Wallasey

"Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Hasan-i Sabbah"

Assassins Creed

By *unchal OP   Man
14 weeks ago

Dartford

As a guide:

Everyone should consent

Although there are still things that people do that are outside these three ‘laws’. I was thinking about extreme BDSM. So, it must be legal too, although I do have a problem with that because sexual acts have often been deemed illegal for a while.

By *oeBeansMan
14 weeks ago

Derby

As a guide:

Everyone should consent

Prove it! "

I don't have to respond to this sort of doubt!

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS
14 weeks ago

chichester

As a guide:

Everyone should consent

Prove it!

I don't have to respond to this sort of doubt! "

I make custom shoes for third legs

By *oeBeansMan
14 weeks ago

Derby

As a guide:

Everyone should consent

That's no leg... "

You're damn right

By *oeBeansMan
14 weeks ago

Derby

As a guide:

Everyone should consent

Prove it!

I make custom shoes for third legs "

I'm both scared and intrigued as to what that could be

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS
14 weeks ago

chichester

As a guide:

Everyone should consent

Prove it!

I'm both scared and intrigued as to what that could be "

I just need a bell measurement to get correct sizing Then my friend I’ll have all of your 3 of your legs working out ?????? n unison at the gym for you in no time

By *ear in the chairMan
14 weeks ago

Godstone

Does it harm anyone that cannot or hasn't given consent?

Is it actually illegal rather than morally dubious (morals differing vastly from one to another)?

Is consent given and keep being given?

If yes, yes yes, then it's all fine even if my monkey brain can't comprehend the acts you enjoy.

By *uiteCurlyMan
14 weeks ago

Glastonbury

As a guide:

Everyone should consent

Prove it!

I make custom shoes for third legs "

Do all third legs have feet on the end of them?

By *electableicecreamMan
14 weeks ago

The West

I'm not really sure I understand the question. Do you mean how far could you go with kink talk or how far you could go with criticism.

fwiw I don't think having an opinion that is critical of a kink is kink shaming.

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS
14 weeks ago

chichester

As a guide:

Everyone should consent

Prove it!

Do all third legs have feet on the end of them? "

Wouldn’t be a leg without a foot . Though it seems the third leg foot always seems to resume a mushroom I find

By *oeBeansMan
14 weeks ago

Derby

"I just need a bell measurement to get correct sizing Then my friend I’ll have all of your 3 of your legs working out ?????? n unison at the gym for you in no time "

That's actually quite interesting, it never occurred to me to measure my bell end! I'm actually still a bit confused at what you're referring to

By *rHotNottsMan
14 weeks ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"I'm not really sure I understand the question. Do you mean how far could you go with kink talk or how far you could go with criticism.

fwiw I don't think having an opinion that is critical of a kink is kink shaming.

"

As it’s a swinging site, not a kink site, there are certain observable but unwritten bias’s towards the types of kink acceptable to be discussed.

I think it’s those older controlling types that set the rules

By *unchal OP   Man
14 weeks ago

Dartford

"I'm not really sure I understand the question. Do you mean how far could you go with kink talk or how far you could go with criticism.

As it’s a swinging site, not a kink site, there are certain observable but unwritten bias’s towards the types of kink acceptable to be discussed.

I think it’s those older controlling types that set the rules "

You might be right.

By *electableicecreamMan
14 weeks ago

The West

I think it’s those older controlling types that set the rules "

True it's not a kink site. I think fab stopped being a swingers site a long time ago though.

It is, by design, open to all sorts.

So I'm interested in OP's question and not just in terms of the site rules.

By *ustforshow25Couple
14 weeks ago

Leatherhead

"

I'd say it depends on how you word the criticism.

General rule of thumb (for me) is if your criticism and opinion are about why something isn't for you, that's fine and isn't about shaming anyone. If your criticism is about why others shouldn't enjoy it or makes sweeping judgements of those that do, then it's a different matter.

Mr

By *electableicecreamMan
14 weeks ago

The West

I'd say it depends on how you word the criticism.

General rule of thumb (for me) is if your criticism and opinion are about why something isn't for you, that's fine and isn't about shaming anyone. If your criticism is about why others shouldn't enjoy it or makes sweeping judgements of those that do, then it's a different matter.

Mr "

Agreed

By *ainbowCheesecakeCouple
14 weeks ago

Northampton

"People on here keep saying that such and such is a kink and to be critical is to be ‘kink shaming’. Is everything permitted? Are there no limits or boundaries that you think need to be enforced. How far can I go before one of you in this Forum, screams, enough, stop…?"

There is a massive difference between not enjoying something and kink shaming.

This entire post is in relation to your comments about squirting and people calling you out on it. As was said in that post not enjoying something is fine but to quote the below comment that you made.

"We should separate the boys (and girls) from the men (and women). Is being shit on desirable too (and before anyone points it out, I am aware that this appeals to a messed up minority)?"

That starts going into the kink shaming realm. If you don't enjoy something don't do It. I personally don't think I'd enjoy being eatem alive by a wild rabid pack of kangaroos and you know what? In my 35 years on this earth I've managed to avoid it

By *electableicecreamMan
14 weeks ago

The West

This entire post is in relation to your comments about squirting and people calling you out on it. As was said in that post not enjoying something is fine but to quote the below comment that you made.

"We should separate the boys (and girls) from the men (and women). Is being shit on desirable too (and before anyone points it out, I am aware that this appeals to a messed up minority)?"

That starts going into the kink shaming realm. If you don't enjoy something don't do It. I personally don't think I'd enjoy being eatem alive by a wild rabid pack of kangaroos and you know what? In my 35 years on this earth I've managed to avoid it "

That certainly puts different spin on things.

Calling people messed up for their kinks is straight up kink shaming.

By *agnar73Man
14 weeks ago

Glasgow

A one on one kink session and a post in a general forum are different things.

I dunno if there’s better places to discuss the kink stuff?

By *unchal OP   Man
14 weeks ago

Dartford

That starts going into the kink shaming realm. If you don't enjoy something don't do It. I personally don't think I'd enjoy being eatem alive by a wild rabid pack of kangaroos and you know what? In my 35 years on this earth I've managed to avoid it "

Pee and shit are closely associated for me and I don’t find either erotic. But clearly I am not supposed to say that on here. By the way, shame is an internal process it can’t be created by someone outside of you. I might embarrass you by pointing out something about you but the shame part you would create for yourself based on all your experiences etc. It is also a process about an individual with every person feeling different. It is simply not possible to ‘kink shame’ an entire group of people. I’m not here to simply validate everything that anyone says about sex. I don’t do that in real life and I don’t do that here. There are limits and boundaries and for each of us those will be different. I do not make personal comments and I do not attack individuals. Which is very different from some of the reactions I get. I do like to think about this stuff and I do enjoy talking about it.

By *ittlemissmistressKCouple
14 weeks ago

Southampton

As a guide:

Everyone should consent

....you a several guys on here

By *unchal OP   Man
14 weeks ago

Dartford

As a guide:

Everyone should consent

....you a several guys on here "

Damn. I wish.

By *andi da ThrushTV/TS
14 weeks ago

Round the Corner

"

Pee and shit are closely associated for me and I don’t find either erotic. "

... is a perfectly reasonable thing to say.

" But clearly I am not supposed to say that on here. "

... explain?

By *onkoMan
14 weeks ago

here and there

Wonko shouldn't be permitted on here

By *itSurreyCoupleCouple
14 weeks ago

Reigate

"By the way, shame is an internal process it can’t be created by someone outside of you. I might embarrass you by pointing out something about you but the shame part you would create for yourself based on all your experiences etc. "

See I don’t particularly like this attitude, absolving yourself of any wrong doings by blaming the person(s) feelings you’ve hurt.

By *unchal OP   Man
14 weeks ago

Dartford

"By the way, shame is an internal process it can’t be created by someone outside of you. I might embarrass you by pointing out something about you but the shame part you would create for yourself based on all your experiences etc.

See I don’t particularly like this attitude, absolving yourself of any wrong doings by blaming the person(s) feelings you’ve hurt. "

Interesting. That’s not what I did. There are real psychological concepts behind some of the stuff that is said. I just passed on some of that information. Shame is an adjective not a verb.

By *unchal OP   Man
14 weeks ago

Dartford

"By the way, shame is an internal process it can’t be created by someone outside of you. I might embarrass you by pointing out something about you but the shame part you would create for yourself based on all your experiences etc.

See I don’t particularly like this attitude, absolving yourself of any wrong doings by blaming the person(s) feelings you’ve hurt.

Interesting. That’s not what I did. There are real psychological concepts behind some of the stuff that is said. I just passed on some of that information. Shame is an adjective not a verb. "

Oh and whether you like my attitude or not is entirely irrelevant.

By *abtastic Mr FoxMan
14 weeks ago

A den in the Glen

See I don’t particularly like this attitude, absolving yourself of any wrong doings by blaming the person(s) feelings you’ve hurt. "

100% agree and was going to comment. But you have put that so eloquently compared to my potential "fucking horse shit" reply which I no longer have to write and then get drawn in.

By *electableicecreamMan
14 weeks ago

The West

Interesting. That’s not what I did. There are real psychological concepts behind some of the stuff that is said. I just passed on some of that information. Shame is an adjective not a verb. "

Really what you did was use a semantic argument to support your point of view when in fact everyone knows the meaning and common use of that term.

I doubt anyone would feel ashamed reading your post. They will know what you mean though.

By *unchal OP   Man
14 weeks ago

Dartford

Interesting. That’s not what I did. There are real psychological concepts behind some of the stuff that is said. I just passed on some of that information. Shame is an adjective not a verb.

Really what you did was use a semantic argument to support your point of view when in fact everyone knows the meaning and common use of that term.

I doubt anyone would feel ashamed reading your post. They will know what you mean though."

What does that mean? I didn’t say it but they know what I meant. Sounds like some kind of Newsspeak.

By * and R cple4Couple
14 weeks ago

swansea

I would have thought that was pretty obvious, If I'm not interested or don't understand something or even find something disgusting as long as it's a consensual and legal act between 2 or more adults then I wouldn't even bother to comment on it I would just scroll past it's really as simple as that.

By *rsKOTCTWoman
14 weeks ago

Leeds

As long as it's legal and consensual who cares.

Each to their own.

By *itSurreyCoupleCouple
14 weeks ago

Reigate

Quoting 1984, clever.

It seems like people don’t tend to agree with you here, maybe it’s the way you’re putting your arguments across?

14 weeks ago

It's not really for you to police OP, to do so assumes some sort of higher moral or intellectual position.

What other people choose to do between law abiding adults is really of no concern to anyone but them.

By *ora the explorerWoman
14 weeks ago

Paradise, Herts

I think common sense is the key. If someone says “what do you think of using the word daddy?” I’d answer the question and say I think it’s creepy as fuck. If there’s a thread from someone saying how much they love it and the thread is for people who are into that then I wouldn’t comment. If someone asks an actual question then it’s different.

14 weeks ago

Paradise, Herts

"As long as it's legal and consensual who cares.

Each to their own."

Exactly. Never understood why so many care what a bunch of strangers think about what they do.

14 weeks ago

Try me

By *ayHaychMan
14 weeks ago

Hasan-i Sabbah"

My knowledge on history from Assassins Ceed

By *ayHaychMan
14 weeks ago

Hasan-i SabbahAssassins Creed"

Yes!!

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
14 weeks ago

King's Crustacean

No. Everything is not permissable even if it's within FAB rules

There are some sex acts that are punishable by law if someone came to harm.

The 'don't kink shame' brigade are a tad too pious for me. If someone expresses that they don't enjoy something or don't think it moral or what ever they are not kink shaming.

e.g. I don't give an eff what others do but if they ask me what I think of it I'm not going to be disingenuous to suit the kink shaming brigade.

14 weeks ago

Paradise, Herts

"No. Everything is not permissable even if it's within FAB rules

There are some sex acts that are punishable by law if someone came to harm.

The 'don't kink shame' brigade are a tad too pious for me. If someone expresses that they don't enjoy something or don't think it moral or what ever they are not kink shaming.

e.g. I don't give an eff what others do but if they ask me what I think of it I'm not going to be disingenuous to suit the kink shaming brigade."

Exactly this. Except you say it better than me as usual

By *unchal OP   Man
14 weeks ago

Dartford

"Quoting 1984, clever.

It seems like people don’t tend to agree with you here, maybe it’s the way you’re putting your arguments across? "

I think you misunderstand. I don’t care if people disagree with me. It’s the journey that is important to me. It is a little bit sad that some people are too delicate for any kind of challenge and become mean so easily.

By *electableicecreamMan
14 weeks ago

The West

"Quoting 1984, clever.

It seems like people don’t tend to agree with you here, maybe it’s the way you’re putting your arguments across?

I think you misunderstand. I don’t care if people disagree with me. It’s the journey that is important to me. It is a little bit sad that some people are too delicate for any kind of challenge and become mean so easily. "

I think you do care. I think you go out of your way to be disagreeable. Your started a thread about it.

It's fairly amusing.

By *inkedKuntsCouple
14 weeks ago

Sheffield

Basically what you mean is, only my kinks matter and I will judge and shame anyone who doesn't hold the same opinion. You made that clear on the other thread.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

14 weeks ago

O o O oo

Typing a view on a kink is not kink shaming even if people claim it to be. However like everything, it is the way a view is expressed will depend on how people react to it( hopefully within forum rules of course )

On the other hand it depends on how an OP is worded as to whether anyone need to answer at all...worded as " what do you think of blah blah " will get you all sorts of answers and quite rightly so.

Worded as asking for advice on a kink wouldn't need people to come along and say that kink is not right etc as it just spoils a persons thread.

From a rule point of view ( made by Admin themselves who I wouldn't say is old at 49 ) some extreme kinks in BDSM may not be illegal but are not allowed on here but most other kinks that are legal and with consent are.

Rule of thumb, if you are going to post your view, expect people to answer. If the answers break forum rules then report and it will be looked at while making sure your own posts are within rules too.

By *punk n gushCouple
14 weeks ago

walmer

As a guide:

Everyone should consent

Lol made me giggle the Mr

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

14 weeks ago

O o O oo

PS, attacking the poster instead of a post is against forum rules, please don't do it

By *ansoffateMan
14 weeks ago

Sagittarius A

I don't believe it's shaming to express a view about any subject - in opposition to those expressed by another person. I do think ad hominem is not a persuasive form of argumentation and can become a call to shame. If other's follow suit - I don't find an appeal to majority makes the fundamental lack of a logically valid argument any less significant either.

My view is that people tend to put more effort into being understood than understanding others. Instead of focusing on what we should tolerate, perhaps there's something to be said for appreciating diversity?

Post new Message to Thread