Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Question for the blokes

Jump to newest

By *r.Vice Guy OP   Man
12 weeks ago

bristol/london

Anyone else get messages left unopened that they've sent and struggle with getting responses?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
12 weeks ago

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Women are picky cows.

By *onkeynutWoman
12 weeks ago

somewhere

Delete them from your sent box. Problem solved

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
12 weeks ago

Carlisle usually

If their messages and profile don't appeal to whoever they're messaging, it's to be expected

By *ittlebirdWoman
12 weeks ago

The Big Smoke

Women do too OP. Such is life

By (user no longer on site)
12 weeks ago

^they hide their penises well

By *arkSovereignMan
12 weeks ago

Lancashire

Theres an easy solution. Dont send anyone any messages. That’s what I do

By *ANDA!Man
12 weeks ago

DUMFRIES

Yes. Often. Normally I just send the message then delete it from my sent box. Then I'm not reminded how shit things are when I happen to glance in the sent box

By *accieMan
12 weeks ago

Liverpool

No one is owed a response lol

By *egDaySkipperMan
12 weeks ago

Liverpool

Nah, all my messages get read. I think most of my messages are perceived as rhetorical questions though hence the lack of replies.

By *ittlebirdWoman
12 weeks ago

The Big Smoke

"^they hide their penises well"

Have you got yours hidden too?

By *reeneyes40Man
12 weeks ago

cambridge

Sure

I just assume they’re not that interested and move on, I don’t chase or give it another thought

I’ve also deleted a few messages I’ve received and not opened them, it’s all ok

By *otSoPoshWoman
12 weeks ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

Lots of people have the same issue, OP.

It isn't just you.

By *iberius61Man
12 weeks ago

Pontefract

Of course, why would you expect not?

By *J StathamMan
12 weeks ago

Manchester

Yeah it's very much the norm.

Woman can easily get 300 messages in a day, so trying to pick you out of that bunch could be unlikely

I dont message anyone on here anymore and just wait to be messaged

I think I've received 2 this year lol

By *.T.Man
12 weeks ago

Belfast

Take no response as no thanks, irrespective of it being read or not.

I believe some people read messages then tag it as unread for whatever reasons suit them. No one is entitled to a response. Treat a message like a postcard. It might not be delivered.

It might be put on the mantlepiece unread. It may go straight in the bin.

As others say, delete sent messages and forget about it.

By *r.Vice Guy OP   Man
12 weeks ago

bristol/london

Chill ladies... this isn't an attack or a criticism on women. It's a genuine question to the men on here as I'm trying to gauge where I'm going wrong, so I can improve my approach and actually do what I came here to do... which is have some fucking fun haha. It ain't that deep lol.

Nice one for the input guys and gals. I guess it's back to the drawing board and keep trying to figure out a way to spark a conversation with the women of fab. I'll post the technique if I crack it gents!

By *he turned me GreyCouple
12 weeks ago

Warwick and Coventry

Nah, they know better than to not read n reply to me...

Mr

By *r John WickMan
12 weeks ago

The Continental

Best tip.

Just delete every message you send.

You have no worry about it being read, left, or deleted.

A response is a lovely surprise that way.

By *ahahehe30Man
12 weeks ago

Fleet

"Chill ladies... this isn't an attack or a criticism on women. It's a genuine question to the men on here as I'm trying to gauge where I'm going wrong, so I can improve my approach and actually do what I came here to do... which is have some fucking fun haha. It ain't that deep lol.

Nice one for the input guys and gals. I guess it's back to the drawing board and keep trying to figure out a way to spark a conversation with the women of fab. I'll post the technique if I crack it gents! "

Not from here... Found more action off the book of face dating ??

By *ampant555Man
12 weeks ago

brighton/london

Problem here is men far outnumber women, and the ladies just can’t get through the amount of messages they get from the total moron masses of guys. I’ve found it much easier on other sites where the set ups are different. Here anyone can message anyone without matching first which is the thing that creates the problems for guys. It’s not the ladies faults they just get bombarded with all kinds of rubbish!

By *ot to giggleWoman
12 weeks ago

Coventry

women are such fickle creatures that dont answer the few hundred messages they get regularly quickly enough to keep the men folk happy.

that or they really like yellow

By *r.Vice Guy OP   Man
12 weeks ago

bristol/london

"No one is owed a response lol "

What makes you think that I think this lol?

This reads as a projection rather than advice to a question asked, me old china

By *Silver-Man
12 weeks ago

Mold

Doesn't bother me

By *r.Vice Guy OP   Man
12 weeks ago

bristol/london

"Best tip.

Just delete every message you send.

You have no worry about it being read, left, or deleted.

A response is a lovely surprise that way. "

Wise words, my good man. I'll try this in regards to being left unread. Now I just have to crack the code of getting a response

By *4bimMan
12 weeks ago

Farnborough Hampshire

best thing to do it delete it from your mailbox once youve sent it.

out of sight out of mind. if you dont get a reply youve already moved on.

one day they may respond.

By *oleene HoneybeeWoman
12 weeks ago

on the naughty side of the street

Maybe op...

You should read some of the past forum chats from many men before you....

All asking the same thing just worded differently.

The replies and recommendations will be the same in everyone

By *r.Vice Guy OP   Man
12 weeks ago

bristol/london

"Maybe op...

. "

Thanks for the advice, but I'm OK with asking my own questions and interacting with the feedback I get.

Mad amount of passive aggressive behaviour in this thread. I was genuinely asking for insights from blokes and the opportunity to gauge where or how I can improve lol.

Is it a full moon tonight or something? Haha

By *electableicecreamMan
12 weeks ago

The West

Your much better off spending the time building your profile than sending messages.

By *electableicecreamMan
12 weeks ago

The West

"Maybe op...

Thanks for the advice, but I'm OK with asking my own questions and interacting with the feedback I get.

Mad amount of passive aggressive behaviour in this thread. I was genuinely asking for insights from blokes and the opportunity to gauge where or how I can improve lol.

Is it a full moon tonight or something? Haha"

It's not on you. It's just that these threads get posted daily and people lose patience.

Try the forum search and look for 'advice'. You'll find everything you need to know

12 weeks ago

Warwick and Coventry

"Maybe op...

Nah mate no dull moon, just the standard usual cunty replies that you get from daring to ask for any advice on here....

My advice to you is, don't rely solely on fab, Try and get to organised socials, meet folk IRL, you'll get better results by doing that...

Mr

By *igNick1381Man
12 weeks ago

BRIDGEND

You cannot fathom the amount of messages girls get

Hundreds

The chance of them seeing yours is slim

Don't worry about it, it's just sex, it's not important

By *acDreamyMan
12 weeks ago

Wirral

I think some women on here get loads of messages. It's difficult to deal with as if it's not read they might still be a good match but not know.

By *ecret-strangerMan
12 weeks ago

Deeside

Dont stress about it, they get too many as it is. Best thing to do is just ignore your sent box.

By *oleene HoneybeeWoman
12 weeks ago

"Maybe op...

Not passive aggressive at all just stating the facts. As some have said above go to the search section.

You are literally asking the exact same question, so to help maybe reading one of those many similar forums would literally answer you.

Trust me the forums are a great resource to use, there will be hundreds on any subject.

As for the comment about the full moon... Would you like to clarify that please.

By *oleene HoneybeeWoman
12 weeks ago

"Maybe op...

Nah mate no dull moon, just the standard usual cunty replies that you get from daring to ask for any advice on here....

My advice to you is, don't rely solely on fab, Try and get to organised socials, meet folk IRL, you'll get better results by doing that...

Mr "

how is my reply c#@ty,

I am just stating it's the same questions asked hundreds of times. The forum search is proof and should be used as its a great resource. Would save him time and effort

By *r.Vice Guy OP   Man
12 weeks ago

bristol/london

"Dont stress about it, they get too many as it is. Best thing to do is just ignore your sent box."

So what would your advice be for the messages that are read but not responded to? I'm not sending dick picks. I'm emotionally and sexually intelligent enough to read a profile and gauge how to interact based off the information given, but an estimate I would say I'm on 50-1 average for a response on messages read and responded to.

By *r.Vice Guy OP   Man
12 weeks ago

bristol/london

"Maybe op...

Not passive aggressive at all just stating the facts. As some have said above go to the search section.

You are literally asking the exact same question, so to help maybe reading one of those many similar forums would literally answer you.

Trust me the forums are a great resource to use, there will be hundreds on any subject.

As for the comment about the full moon... Would you like to clarify that please. "

If you wish to know the effect of the full moon on the planet and the human body, Google is a great tool.

We are 80% water and 20% matter charged with electricity. The moon effects the tides of the planet which includes the tides of behaviour of animals and humans. Psychologists have realised countless papers on the spike in crime and negative behaviour during full moons. Police openly state they know its a rough night when the full moon emerges... which leads me to belive this is why it's saying that has been around for a very long time, from what I can gather. Hope this helps your question

By *allandathleticMan
12 weeks ago

Asgard

OP maybe don't send messages on full moon cycles

By *oleene HoneybeeWoman
12 weeks ago

"Maybe op...

As for the comment about the full moon... Would you like to clarify that please.

If you wish to know the effect of the full moon on the planet and the human body, Google is a great tool.

We are 80% water and 20% matter charged with electricity. The moon effects the tides of the planet which includes the tides of behaviour of animals and humans. Psychologists have realised countless papers on the spike in crime and negative behaviour during full moons. Police openly state they know its a rough night when the full moon emerges... which leads me to belive this is why it's saying that has been around for a very long time, from what I can gather. Hope this helps your question"

Thank you for replying.

But just wondering why did you feel the need to say it to my comment in particular?

By *oleene HoneybeeWoman
12 weeks ago

"OP maybe don't send messages on full moon cycles "

Or hound all the women inboxes even if it's a 50-1 chance

Especially as if you send to many in one go, you apperently can end up with being accussed of spam now here on fab. Which seems bizarre to me as wasn't an issue when I joined in 2016.

By *ormalfornorfolkMan
12 weeks ago

Norwich

"Theres an easy solution. Dont send anyone any messages. That’s what I do "

This.

By *agnar73Man
12 weeks ago

Glasgow

"Anyone else get messages left unopened that they've sent and struggle with getting responses? "

Chose how long to leave it, a week, two? Then delete.

You can use the tabs on side of persons profile to do a note so you know you’ve messaged before

and leave them be.

By *ormalfornorfolkMan
12 weeks ago

Norwich

"Dont stress about it, they get too many as it is. Best thing to do is just ignore your sent box.

So what would your advice be for the messages that are read but not responded to? I'm not sending dick picks. I'm emotionally and sexually intelligent enough to read a profile and gauge how to interact based off the information given, but an estimate I would say I'm on 50-1 average for a response on messages read and responded to.

"

You’re working too hard.

By *r.Vice Guy OP   Man
12 weeks ago

bristol/london

"Maybe op...

We are 80% water and 20% matter charged with electricity. The moon effects the tides of the planet which includes the tides of behaviour of animals and humans. Psychologists have realised countless papers on the spike in crime and negative behaviour during full moons. Police openly state they know its a rough night when the full moon emerges... which leads me to belive this is why it's saying that has been around for a very long time, from what I can gather. Hope this helps your question

Thank you for replying.

But just wondering why did you feel the need to say it to my comment in particular?

"

It was a generalised response to the people posting in this thread and the passive agressive nature to some of the comments. your multiple eye roll emoji as if I'd troubled you somehow by asking a question on a public forum is what peaked my curiosity to the lunar cycle lol

By *oleene HoneybeeWoman
12 weeks ago

"Maybe op...

Thank you for replying.

It was a generalised response to the people posting in this thread and the passive agressive nature to some of the comments. your multiple eye roll emoji as if I'd troubled you somehow by asking a question on a public forum is what peaked my curiosity to the lunar cycle lol

"

It was surprised to be the shocked emoji..

But hey if you believe my response soley down to the moon cycle I'm howwwwwwwling with laughter.

Good luck op.

12 weeks ago

Warwick and Coventry

"Maybe op...

Mr

how is my reply c#@ty,

I am just stating it's the same questions asked hundreds of times. The forum search is proof and should be used as its a great resource. Would save him time and effort "

Did I say your reply was cunty, I was merely answering the OP, after he had answered back to you...

If you took it to mean anything about you, then that reaction was for a reason. Which maybe you need to question.

I know this question gets asked daily, it has since the start of forum time, but does the OP know that?...

Mr

By *r.Vice Guy OP   Man
12 weeks ago

bristol/london

"OP maybe don't send messages on full moon cycles

Especially as if you send to many in one go, you apperently can end up with being accussed of spam now here on fab. Which seems bizarre to me as wasn't an issue when I joined in 2016. "

I have standards and I am in no way desperate. My 50-1 ratio is based off the 50 I have carefully chosen to message. Not a desperate flurry of messages in the hope some poor woman will validate my fragile ego with a "hello handsome". I'd sooner get a lady of the night, than live life like that! and I sure as he'll ain't about to invest in the misery of some poor woman being used to make a pimp an easy coin lol.

Again... I'm asking a question to the BLOKES (clues in the title) for their advice as they are trying to achieve the same thing as me. Fun.

Didn't realise this would rattle so many cages hahha..

Sidenote: this has given me a fun new source of entertainment and is proving useful for my psychology studies

#silverwineings

By *hunky GentMan
12 weeks ago

Maldon and Peterborough

Yip. Sometimes my sent folder looks like the yellow brick road, but with the amount of messages some people get, it's hardly surprising they don't all get read.

By *oleene HoneybeeWoman
12 weeks ago

"Maybe op...

Mr

how is my reply c#@ty,

I am just stating it's the same questions asked hundreds of times. The forum search is proof and should be used as its a great resource. Would save him time and effort

Did I say your reply was cunty, I was merely answering the OP, after he had answered back to you...

If you took it to mean anything about you, then that reaction was for a reason. Which maybe you need to question.

I know this question gets asked daily, it has since the start of forum time, but does the OP know that?...

Mr"

You actually replied and quoted my message as the same time as his so I was just asking if it was my response you personally took offence to.

Thankyou for clarifying now I know it wasn't personal

By *mf123Man
12 weeks ago

with one foot out the door

Nope there all greyed out

By *restonguy1981Man
12 weeks ago

preston

"^they hide their penises well"

Penises are to be hidden

By *oleene HoneybeeWoman
12 weeks ago

"OP maybe don't send messages on full moon cycles

Especially as if you send to many in one go, you apperently can end up with being accussed of spam now here on fab. Which seems bizarre to me as wasn't an issue when I joined in 2016.

I have standards and I am in no way desperate. My 50-1 ratio is based off the 50 I have carefully chosen to message. Not a desperate flurry of messages in the hope some poor woman will validate my fragile ego with a "hello handsome". I'd sooner get a lady of the night, than live life like that! and I sure as he'll ain't about to invest in the misery of some poor woman being used to make a pimp an easy coin lol.

Again... I'm asking a question to the BLOKES (clues in the title) for their advice as they are trying to achieve the same thing as me. Fun.

Didn't realise this would rattle so many cages hahha..

Sidenote: this has given me a fun new source of entertainment and is proving useful for my psychology studies

#silverwineings "

Bless, Not rattled at all...

I'm all for academic development

After all Fab swingwrs is an amazing resource for harvard referencing.

All best with your studies

I wish you luck op.

By *r.Vice Guy OP   Man
12 weeks ago

bristol/london

"Maybe op...

Thank you for replying.

It was surprised to be the shocked emoji..

But hey if you believe my response soley down to the moon cycle I'm howwwwwwwling with laughter.

Good luck op.

"

Try rereading what I wrote. It's not solely about you. You are seeking attention and validation by trying to make things "all about you". So I'm afraid I am not able to help with this in the form of a response that will lift your spirits and put you in a more positive place.

Maybe ignore this thread and treat it like an unwanted message? No one is forcing you to read or interact with the question I've asked. It's literally a question for men trying to find women to match with and the approach they take and may or may not be willing to share with others, so that they too might develop a style for them selves that allows them to enjoy the fun side of life and find some joy in their life. Because ultimately that is the only reason any mam or woman has joined this site

By *ophieslutTV/TS
12 weeks ago

Central

Most people are not mutually compatible with most other people. Thus messages may or may not spark interest but lead to a dead end.

When you've made contact, move on, until others engage with you and you want to do something. Let go. It's no strings.

By *artin1310Man
12 weeks ago

Southend on sea

Hey

By *allandathleticMan
12 weeks ago

Asgard

My messages don't go unread. Sorry I couldn't be of more use in your quest. Good luck op

By *ardfun10Man
12 weeks ago

banbury

Plenty of them

By *arl17Man
12 weeks ago

Central Portugal

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Women are picky cows. "

By *r.Vice Guy OP   Man
12 weeks ago

bristol/london

"Most people are not mutually compatible with most other people. Thus messages may or may not spark interest but lead to a dead end.

When you've made contact, move on, until others engage with you and you want to do something. Let go. It's no strings. "

Not sure why you think me letting go is an issue. I am simply asking if other men go through this and what their solution or approach is to change the status quo and put things in upward trajectory... no pun intended

By *all Guy 00Man
12 weeks ago

Dumfries

Had loads, got used to it now

By *offandTimCouple
12 weeks ago

Glasgow

Here's the thing, if we can read a message without opening it, for example, "Hi, how are you?", there's pretty much no chance we'll reply to it, basically because it tells us you haven't read our profile. Probably about 90% if the messages we receive are of this vein.

Not saying yours are OP, but if we receive a rare decent message, we then check the profile before replying, like we say on our profile, effort in = effort out.

By *ensualplay69Man
12 weeks ago

slough

"My messages don't go unread. Sorry I couldn't be of more use in your quest. Good luck op "
if you read it out loud you might actually believe it lmao

By *r.Vice Guy OP   Man
12 weeks ago

bristol/london

"Here's the thing, if we can read a message without opening it, for example, "Hi, how are you?", there's pretty much no chance we'll reply to it, basically because it tells us you haven't read our profile. Probably about 90% if the messages we receive are of this vein.

Not saying yours are OP, but if we receive a rare decent message, we then check the profile before replying, like we say on our profile, effort in = effort out. "

I can understand this if as you said its a zero effort message. I do take time to read profiles and out the effort in if I find something in the profile that sparks an interest in me to write a message that highlights what's drawn me to them... just gets a bit disheartening when majority of them are left unresponded to. Hence why I am seeking the advice if others in the hope someone has an insight I have not found yet and I can adapt my approach... if not, cest la vie Mon cherie

By *eroLondonMan
12 weeks ago

Mayfair

"Anyone else get messages left unopened that they've sent and struggle with getting responses? "

It's a numbers game, dear chap, men outnumber women on here, whilst some women struggle to maintain their ever-increasing Inbøxes.

In the last four years I've only sent a handful of messages (This doesn't include messaging forumites on the back of a forum game or challenge etc).

By *inkShyWoman
12 weeks ago

near Windsor

Sometimes there is nothing you can do.

You send a message, she thinks I'll reply after [insert activity here] - she comes back to 100 more messages and cannot find your message anymore.

By *ellhungvweMan
12 weeks ago

Cheltenham

"Chill ladies... this isn't an attack or a criticism on women. It's a genuine question to the men on here as I'm trying to gauge where I'm going wrong, so I can improve my approach and actually do what I came here to do... which is have some fucking fun haha. It ain't that deep lol.

"

Genuine response to a genuine question: I can tell you what you are doing wrong.

It is whatever you are doing now. Do something different. It doesn’t really matter what you do but just make sure it isn’t what you are doing now because you _know_ that doesn’t work. If the thing you change to doesn’t work (which is likely) then try a third thing. Repeat the process until you have worked out what does work and then keep on doing that.

People get stuck in a rut and keep on repeating the same behaviours. Change the behaviours.

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
12 weeks ago

Leeds

This place is getting worse. They should rename it, the nursery.

Do you want a biscuit and a glass of milk. Or would you like me to get the felt tips out ? Will that cheer you up ?

The mr

By *hief_Of_AlwaysMan
12 weeks ago

London or Bedford

Yeah. Your messages get lost in the shuffle, coz they get soooo many messages.

That’s why I recommend dudes message only when they’re online. That way, you’re at the top of the pile when they next look, at their Inbox

By *ickyKlungespeareMan
12 weeks ago

St Leonards

God no. I have hundreds of unopened ones to me from women.

Unsolicited vag pics, copy and paste messages, it's obvious they haven't read my profile, or they moan I haven't replied to them.

Jesus women - I'm not here for you.

I'm here for me.

And if being here for me coincides with you being here for you, then whizzbang! happy days.

Just - stop with the snatch pics please?

If I want to look at the side of an Alsatian's foaming mouth I just need to go for a walk on the beach.

By *teveanddebsCouple
12 weeks ago

Norwich

"This place is getting worse. They should rename it, the nursery.

Do you want a biscuit and a glass of milk. Or would you like me to get the felt tips out ? Will that cheer you up ?

The mr "

I think felt tips are a bit advanced, edible crayons would be a better choice.

By *onnyJohnMan
12 weeks ago

Doncaster

Simple answer is live with it or leave, not being a dick, its simply the way of things on here and every other site, no one is obligated to read and or respond.

By *r SproutMan
12 weeks ago

the middle somewhere

What I do is constantly message until they reply. The reply is usually fuck off which is followed by a block.

I got that reply though good luck in your quest OP

By *anceAloneWoman
12 weeks ago

I'm definitely Northern

"Anyone else get messages left unopened that they've sent and struggle with getting responses?

Yeah. Your messages get lost in the shuffle, coz they get soooo many messages.

That’s why I recommend dudes message only when they’re online. That way, you’re at the top of the pile when they next look, at their Inbox"

You may want to rethink this strategy it seems to be a common one as..when I'm online messing on the forum (or I've just left it logged on and got on with my day) loads of messages pile in I'm pretty ruthless once the number is high at deleting.

When I'm off line far less messages arrive..and when I do log in I start at the top.

Just saying

Post new Message to Thread