Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

For the ladies

Jump to newest

By *ensualplay69 OP   Man
12 weeks ago

slough

Not really a sexual question sorry lol

Sooo,I'm curious to know why the ladies emphasise on men putting effort into their First message and not just saying hey, hi etc?

Now as a dying breed ie man, logic says its pointless putting effort into an essay for the person not to like you and to not reply. Logic says the guy says hi and if you like you say hi back and then wait for his essay, no?

I would love to hear the ladies aspect on this

Pretty please

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
12 weeks ago

Sometimes feels like you're sending a cv application for a job lol

By *rcticFoxxxWoman
12 weeks ago

Hereabouts

We don't need men to be happy. Earn your right to get a reply

12 weeks ago

Hi doesn’t show why he’s found an interest in you. Guys here send messages that say wow you look hot, what a sexy smile, etc when you’ve not even pictures up that show any such thing.

If someone simply says hi to me it says they are sending out so many messages — casting a wide net hoping to catch any fish.

Conversely, I sent a first message just today. The guy wrote back with face pics and saying they liked my profile. No mention of anything I said in the message. Within three more messages I loss interest. Why? You can’t possibly chat with someone who gives you mundane answers. Asking where you live, saying you look good, asking if you want a meet all seem ludicrous if you can’t demonstrate the ability to converse.

If you can’t converse online, why would I bother to meet you? I can’t fathom you’d suddenly become so chatty I’d need to tell you to shut up.

12 weeks ago

slough

"Sometimes feels like you're sending a cv application for a job lol "
I'm so unemployed lol

By *naswingdressWoman
12 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

Because I want to know why me, rather than a warmed up fleshlight.

And if there's nothing that distinguishes me from a warmed up fleshlight, I'd rather you not waste my time.

12 weeks ago

slough

"We don't need men to be happy. Earn your right to get a reply "
ya'll ask for way to much lol respectfully

By *ou only live onceMan
12 weeks ago

London

Find the sweet spot. Enough to show you tried, but not to suggest you're trying too hard.

Easy.

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
12 weeks ago

Carlisle usually

I get approximately 70 messages just saying Hi.

Am I actually expected to chase every single one of those for an actual conversation?

Or just ignore those and focus on the handful that have actually made an effort to initiate and have enough information on the profile that I can feel there's an actual indicator of compatibility?

The most beautiful man in the world can say hi. He'll get deleted along with the rest of those.

By *rimson_RoseWoman
12 weeks ago

Tamworth

I want to know what there is about him to be attracted to. Hi tells me he can type. Just about.

It also shows the ability to make a level of effort which bodes well for what might happen if we met.

12 weeks ago

slough

"Hi doesn’t show why he’s found an interest in you. Guys here send messages that say wow you look hot, what a sexy smile, etc when you’ve not even pictures up that show any such thing.

If someone simply says hi to me it says they are sending out so many messages — casting a wide net hoping to catch any fish.

Conversely, I sent a first message just today. The guy wrote back with face pics and saying they liked my profile. No mention of anything I said in the message. Within three more messages I loss interest. Why? You can’t possibly chat with someone who gives you mundane answers. Asking where you live, saying you look good, asking if you want a meet all seem ludicrous if you can’t demonstrate the ability to converse.

If you can’t converse online, why would I bother to meet you? I can’t fathom you’d suddenly become so chatty I’d need to tell you to shut up. "

wow, can't argue with that, you articulated that very well lol

12 weeks ago

"Not really a sexual question sorry lol

Sooo,I'm curious to know why the ladies emphasise on men putting effort into their First message and not just saying hey, hi etc?

Now as a dying breed ie man, logic says its pointless putting effort into an essay for the person not to like you and to not reply. Logic says the guy says hi and if you like you say hi back and then wait for his essay, no?

Pretty please "

I would suggest you look to the examples in nature, specifically birds of paradise or other tropical birds or spiders.

The birds build bowers, do a special dance. The jumping spiders also do little dances to lure females.

The unlucky ones are devoured by the females. The unlucky birds are either hunted down by hawks or never mate.

In the animal kingdom, the males use every skill st their disposal to lure females.

Now, looking back in history, pre-internet, guys would have to travel in groups, make an effort and wear nice clothes and be fit to lure single women... be at a school dance, at church or other gatherings.

There were even protocols for gentlemanly behaviour.

All this to say that spending 10 minutes scrolling through swinging/dating apps will yield as much effort as you put in it and as far as any sane female is concerned, regardless of size, age, location or interest, our safety and happiness trumps convenience.

Hope this provides some context.

12 weeks ago

Because when you get 1000 messages and scan through the preview, you’re gonna dip all the ones that say the same thing and not open them . Seeing a photo attached might help filter and those first 10 words are the most important because that’s what we can see.

I open randomly occasionally but ultimately

I don’t have the time for that level of admin

12 weeks ago

"Hi doesn’t show why he’s found an interest in you. Guys here send messages that say wow you look hot, what a sexy smile, etc when you’ve not even pictures up that show any such thing.

If you can’t converse online, why would I bother to meet you? I can’t fathom you’d suddenly become so chatty I’d need to tell you to shut up. "

By *otguy555Man
12 weeks ago

Bristol

"We don't need men to be happy. Earn your right to get a reply "
so hoe come you ladies don't have to earn it

12 weeks ago

slough

"I get approximately 70 messages just saying Hi.

Am I actually expected to chase every single one of those for an actual conversation?

Or just ignore those and focus on the handful that have actually made an effort to initiate and have enough information on the profile that I can feel there's an actual indicator of compatibility?

The most beautiful man in the world can say hi. He'll get deleted along with the rest of those."

ok I'm started to understand more lol thanks

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
12 weeks ago

Carlisle usually

"We don't need men to be happy. Earn your right to get a reply so hoe come you ladies don't have to earn it"

We do.

To have sex with the people that actually interest and excite us we have to toil and filter through the drudgery

12 weeks ago

slough

"We don't need men to be happy. Earn your right to get a reply so hoe come you ladies don't have to earn it"
did you just call her a hoe ? Lol

By *rcticFoxxxWoman
12 weeks ago

Hereabouts

We earn it with our desirability, beauty and grace. We earn it just by walking this planet. Bow down to your true leaders

By *eyond PurityCouple
12 weeks ago

Lincolnshire

Whilst it’s true that even if you constructed a Shakespearian message and you weren’t our type we wouldn’t meet you but you’d get a reply.

If you just put hi you’d be deleted without it being opened.

You just have to show there’s an interest in us for reasons other than being one of 100 messages you’ve sent hoping to get your dick wet.

K

12 weeks ago

slough

Pretty please

I would suggest you look to the examples in nature, specifically birds of paradise or other tropical birds or spiders.

The birds build bowers, do a special dance. The jumping spiders also do little dances to lure females.

The unlucky ones are devoured by the females. The unlucky birds are either hunted down by hawks or never mate.

In the animal kingdom, the males use every skill st their disposal to lure females.

Now, looking back in history, pre-internet, guys would have to travel in groups, make an effort and wear nice clothes and be fit to lure single women... be at a school dance, at church or other gatherings.

There were even protocols for gentlemanly behaviour.

All this to say that spending 10 minutes scrolling through swinging/dating apps will yield as much effort as you put in it and as far as any sane female is concerned, regardless of size, age, location or interest, our safety and happiness trumps convenience.

Hope this provides some context.

"

very helpful thanks

12 weeks ago

slough

"We don't need men to be happy. Earn your right to get a reply so hoe come you ladies don't have to earn it

We earn it with our desirability, beauty and grace. We earn it just by walking this planet. Bow down to your true leaders "

maybe one day lol

12 weeks ago

slough

"Whilst it’s true that even if you constructed a Shakespearian message and you weren’t our type we wouldn’t meet you but you’d get a reply.

If you just put hi you’d be deleted without it being opened.

You just have to show there’s an interest in us for reasons other than being one of 100 messages you’ve sent hoping to get your dick wet.

K"

thank you ma'am lol

12 weeks ago

Just offer cake

By *electableicecreamMan
12 weeks ago

The West

Well they do. Assuming the guy has standards, preference, integrity etc

I ignore low effort messages and low effort profiles.

By *a LunaWoman
12 weeks ago

South

I prefer shortish messages to be honest. I don’t have the attention span for more than a few lines of sexual filth.

By *elloWoman
12 weeks ago

alpha centauri

Pretty please "

Man is a dying breed? am I going to have to start donating money and wearing a rubber bracelet saying 'save the man's urgh I hope not.

Effort does not mean an essay.

I get lots saying 'hi' or 'hey' even a little polite effort would show by saying 'hi Dawn'

12 weeks ago

slough

"We don't need men to be happy. Earn your right to get a reply so hoe come you ladies don't have to earn it

I ignore low effort messages and low effort profiles."

well I've done alot of digging on this sight and it turns out the majority of guys don't actually have a type. I would go as far as to that men will literally f anything

12 weeks ago

slough

Pretty please

Man is a dying breed? am I going to have to start donating money and wearing a rubber bracelet saying 'save the man's urgh I hope not.

Effort does not mean an essay.

I get lots saying 'hi' or 'hey' even a little polite effort would show by saying 'hi Dawn' "

shhh. I've seen you about, you're a trouble maker lol

12 weeks ago

slough

"I prefer shortish messages to be honest. I don’t have the attention span for more than a few lines of sexual filth."
you got my vote lol

By *electableicecreamMan
12 weeks ago

The West

I ignore low effort messages and low effort profiles. well I've done alot of digging on this sight and it turns out the majority of guys don't actually have a type. I would go as far as to that men will literally f anything "

That hole you've dug is called sweeping generalisations.

By *eroLondonMan
12 weeks ago

Mayfair

"I prefer shortish messages to be honest. I don’t have the attention span for more than a few lines of sexual filth."

That also works as long as the message is of a qualitative nature. Most of the messages I receive are short but never superficial; women have the enviable knack to apply beauty in brevity.

By *ivemealadybonerWoman
12 weeks ago

somewhere

I ignore low effort messages and low effort profiles. well I've done alot of digging on this sight and it turns out the majority of guys don't actually have a type. I would go as far as to that men will literally f anything "

Hit the nail on the head for me with that, I'm not saying all men that just type "hi" in the first message will just shag anything but majority probably would and while not every man is a word smith, if you want to have a chance of seeing my lady boner, you need to put some effort in, show that you are interested in "me" and not just getting your leg over (not talking about you OP, in general), a message with more content is more likely to catch my eye then the lazy "hey" messages.

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan
12 weeks ago

Glasgow

"Now as a dying breed ie man, logic says it’s pointless putting effort into an essay for the person not to like you and to not reply. Logic says the guy says hi and if you like you say hi back and then wait for his essay, no?"

Logic’s not very sexy. Not very seductive. Not much fun.

By *urve_your_enthusiasmWoman
12 weeks ago

Manchester

I just want to feel like someone has read my profile, not just looked at my pictures.

12 weeks ago

slough

"I just want to feel like someone has read my profile, not just looked at my pictures. "
you don't belong here lol

12 weeks ago

slough

I ignore low effort messages and low effort profiles. well I've done alot of digging on this sight and it turns out the majority of guys don't actually have a type. I would go as far as to that men will literally f anything

Hit the nail on the head for me with that, I'm not saying all men that just type "hi" in the first message will just shag anything but majority probably would and while not every man is a word smith, if you want to have a chance of seeing my lady boner, you need to put some effort in, show that you are interested in "me" and not just getting your leg over (not talking about you OP, in general), a message with more content is more likely to catch my eye then the lazy "hey" messages."

I got stuck at lady boner lol

By *uliette500Woman
12 weeks ago

Hull

I posted a new picture a few day ago and in the first couple of hours I had over 30 messages.

Who do you think I'm going to reply to OP? The 5 or so who made a bit of an effort or the 20+ who all just said "Hi"

12 weeks ago

slough

"I posted a new picture a few day ago and in the first couple of hours I had over 30 messages.

Who do you think I'm going to reply to OP? The 5 or so who made a bit of an effort or the 20+ who all just said "Hi" "

this site still seems to amaze me

12 weeks ago

I always read the profile as I actually find it interesting! I then normally reference a part when messaging to show ive read it, but also to give an easy reply if they do want to chat.

Still doesn't work like... haha

12 weeks ago

slough

"I always read the profile as I actually find it interesting! I then normally reference a part when messaging to show ive read it, but also to give an easy reply if they do want to chat.

Still doesn't work like... haha "

legend lol

By *partan69Man
12 weeks ago

hyde

"Because when you get 1000 messages and scan through the preview, you’re gonna dip all the ones that say the same thing and not open them . Seeing a photo attached might help filter and those first 10 words are the most important because that’s what we can see.

I open randomly occasionally but ultimately

I don’t have the time for that level of admin

"

Lol so no pressure, 10 words to catch someone's attention, however it's definitely something to keep in mind for any future messages I may send

By *rsKOTCTWoman
12 weeks ago

Leeds

I don't really care what's in the 1st message really as long as it's not a cock, filth or just Hi.

When someone messages I check out the profile and pics if they look like a good match I'll reply if they don't or the profile is blank/no pics then I won't.

12 weeks ago

Just a hi tells me he lacks personality, I don't expect an essay or for them to even read my profile.

Just a sentence with a bit of humour works. And they are hot.

By *rpeggioCouple
12 weeks ago

Baughurst

You have not even made an effort with your photos (or lack of) or the text in your profile. How can you think that after your initial Hi a woman would have any expectations from you putting any effort to write a crafted and insightful message? The pattern is obvious.

What I would expect after a Hi back to your initial Hi is ...FAF?

By *ustBoWoman
12 weeks ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

"I don't really care what's in the 1st message really as long as it's not a cock, filth or just Hi.

When someone messages I check out the profile and pics if they look like a good match I'll reply if they don't or the profile is blank/no pics then I won't."

Yep I'm the same as this.

By *rimson_RoseWoman
12 weeks ago

Tamworth

Who says we don’t? If all you’re getting are ‘hi’ messages, feel free to ignore too and make your own connections (chances are they’re men anyway).

By *luehairedcumslutCouple
12 weeks ago

St Neots

Nothing is wrong with just a "hi" imo. Profile and pic attached is more important.

It's the flouncy descriptive messages that put me off where they are trying to demonstrate how articulate they are .

By *uliette500Woman
12 weeks ago

Hull

"Nothing is wrong with just a "hi" imo. Profile and pic attached is more important.

It's the flouncy descriptive messages that put me off where they are trying to demonstrate how articulate they are . "

I didn't know there was a yawn emoji, thanks I'll be using this in the future.

12 weeks ago

I ignore low effort messages and low effort profiles. well I've done alot of digging on this sight and it turns out the majority of guys don't actually have a type. I would go as far as to that men will literally f anything

That hole you've dug is called sweeping generalisations."

That's not been my experience.

Guys who former shy teens like me used to come across in a café wouldn't look twice.

But...

Years later, enough drink, enough horniness, enough time spent wanking alone... and *some* guys re-assess their priorities...

And I exploit them gleefully.

I get more hot 20-something we'll cut males as a married woman than I did in my early 20s.

Interesting enough, when I dumped my bf age 27, I'd log onto sex channels on irc and scour the dating phone lines (free for women).

I must have had over 300 partners in 4 years. After 2 failed relationships, and living in my own little flat in the city center by myself I simply didn't give a crap anymore and went for quantity and quality.

Ahhh.... happy days

Then I met The Redhead.

By *ablo minibar123Woman
12 weeks ago

Pretty please "

If a guy's profile is as detailed as their 'hi' message, how would anyone know if they like them or not, from a hi message and a unimaginative profile with no pictures ect.

By *he turned me GreyCouple
12 weeks ago

Warwick and Coventry

Come on now Bella, stop being so demanding, you know that 'hi' is sufficient enough to drop those knickers. Wow women these days with all these expectations ffs....the worlds gone mad.

Mr

12 weeks ago

"Hi

Come on now Bella, stop being so demanding, you know that 'hi' is sufficient enough to drop those knickers. Wow women these days with all these expectations ffs....the worlds gone mad.

Mr "

I don’t wear knickers. I’m just a demanding cow ffs!

By *oftstronghandsMan
12 weeks ago

Wolverhampton

What I'm interested in is the reason behind the "read and ignore". I'm articulate with my words, and it's never a simple short message. I do on the occasion get a reply even if it is a "no thanks" and to be fair, it's costs nothing to reply politely to those who take the time to write a decent message?

I always reply to messages from people (majority are rejected as it's not what I'm looking for). What's your take on it ladies, maybe give me an insight?

By *orthern BeardMan
12 weeks ago

Banbury

Effort doesn’t always need to be an essay. Surely you have to dangle some form of carrot that’s going entice sometime towards you.

I imagine a lot of blokes just copy and paste the same shit to every woman.

12 weeks ago

"What I'm interested in is the reason behind the "read and ignore". I'm articulate with my words, and it's never a simple short message. I do on the occasion get a reply even if it is a "no thanks" and to be fair, it's costs nothing to reply politely to those who take the time to write a decent message?

I always reply to messages from people (majority are rejected as it's not what I'm looking for). What's your take on it ladies, maybe give me an insight?"

A no thanks can become “why?”, “what’s wrong with me?”, “I’m so good at x”, etc. They try to convince you to change what it is that you know you want.

If more people received no thanks and moved along I’d reply more often with a simple thank you but no thank you.

By *rimson_RoseWoman
12 weeks ago

Tamworth

"What I'm interested in is the reason behind the "read and ignore". I'm articulate with my words, and it's never a simple short message. I do on the occasion get a reply even if it is a "no thanks" and to be fair, it's costs nothing to reply politely to those who take the time to write a decent message?

I always reply to messages from people (majority are rejected as it's not what I'm looking for). What's your take on it ladies, maybe give me an insight?"

If you’ve messaged someone, they can get around filters. So essentially, you’re never rid of them even if you change your preferences!

Plus - I want to focus on the people I’m interested, not reply to every single person who messages me. And as Belladonna said, many can’t take the polite no and keep coming back with reasons you should or abuse.

By *oftstronghandsMan
12 weeks ago

Wolverhampton

[Removed by poster at 24/06/24 09:39:42]

By *oftstronghandsMan
12 weeks ago

Wolverhampton

[Removed by poster at 24/06/24 09:39:44]

By *oftstronghandsMan
12 weeks ago

Wolverhampton

I always reply to messages from people (majority are rejected as it's not what I'm looking for). What's your take on it ladies, maybe give me an insight?

If you’ve messaged someone, they can get around filters. So essentially, you’re never rid of them even if you change your preferences!

Plus - I want to focus on the people I’m interested, not reply to every single person who messages me. And as Belladonna said, many can’t take the polite no and keep coming back with reasons you should or abuse. "

I never thought of it in that's way - I'm probably being naive.

Thank you for the insight!

By *oftstronghandsMan
12 weeks ago

Wolverhampton

A no thanks can become “why?”, “what’s wrong with me?”, “I’m so good at x”, etc. They try to convince you to change what it is that you know you want.

If more people received no thanks and moved along I’d reply more often with a simple thank you but no thank you.

"

I didn't ever think that way, so I think maybe I've been naive in that way.

Thank you for the insight!

By *yesgreenMan
12 weeks ago

north and south

I didn't ever think that way, so I think maybe I've been naive in that way.

Thank you for the insight! "

I take silence as no , But just move on with spontaneous thoughts as most say on here it’s not a chat site , but chatting is the key for some people, personality , but then again people only meet once , So it’s a bit like naked dates but with the face lol So just enjoy other forms of dating and keep smiling

Post new Message to Thread