Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Do you garden....

Jump to newest

By *d4fun73 OP   Man
13 weeks ago

Shipley

I do my garden has all sorts , I try growing native plants and put some of them back in the wild.

So do you grow stuff to keep our nature going as best we can?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *d4fun73 OP   Man
13 weeks ago

Shipley

No one does the garden!?

By *akedMMan
13 weeks ago

Witney

I have fruit and vegetables in my garden and a wildlife area , in my front garden I have a small lawn with daisies and clover , a lavender border for the bees I am adding more lavender borders soon plus a flower section for bees and butterflies

By *2000ManMan
13 weeks ago

Worthing

I have nature friendly plants. A lot of blackberries are developing this year so crop will be good. Strawberries almost done...decent crop. Grown some tomato plants from seed...flowering now.

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan
13 weeks ago

Glasgow

At this time of year, gardening every evening is why I’m knackered every morning.

By *laytime_13Woman
13 weeks ago

Lincs

I mostly have pot plants, I’m not a natural gardener and they’re harder for me to kill off

I attempted veg at one point - huge success with courgettes (to the point of even experimenting with courgette cake because there is only so many batches of ratatouille or courgette/halloumi skewers one can eat) but not a lot else, Aldi won’t be losing my business any time soon

I have a lot of appreciation for a nice garden though, something peaceful about spending time in one

By *ustamanMan
13 weeks ago

weymouth

I've a yard so no garden per se, do have an allotment which mostly seems to grow slugs/snails and s - beans and spuds do all right tho

By *ustamanMan
13 weeks ago

weymouth

"I've a yard so no garden per se, do have an allotment which mostly seems to grow slugs/snails and s - beans and spuds do all right tho"

W**ds

By *4bimMan
13 weeks ago

Farnborough Hampshire

yes i do and i love doing it.

my cat follows me around the garden as i work and helps with the digging..... then crapping in the freshly dig earth.

i plant flowers etc and sit in the garden when weather is good. its a great place to be

By *d4fun73 OP   Man
13 weeks ago

Shipley

"I mostly have pot plants, I’m not a natural gardener and they’re harder for me to kill off

I attempted veg at one point - huge success with courgettes (to the point of even experimenting with courgette cake because there is only so many batches of ratatouille or courgette/halloumi skewers one can eat) but not a lot else, Aldi won’t be losing my business any time soon

I have a lot of appreciation for a nice garden though, something peaceful about spending time in one"

You can pickle them especially the young ones

By *d4fun73 OP   Man
13 weeks ago

Shipley

"I have nature friendly plants. A lot of blackberries are developing this year so crop will be good. Strawberries almost done...decent crop. Grown some tomato plants from seed...flowering now. "

My strawberries are coming now, red currants are next

By *he turned me GreyCouple
13 weeks ago

Warwick and Coventry

"I do my garden has all sorts , I try growing native plants and put some of them back in the wild.

So do you grow stuff to keep our nature going as best we can?"

Only places I garden are in the attic and the cellar

Mr

By *imply DeeWoman
13 weeks ago

Wherever

Always wanted a garden but never had one.

By *ormerWelshcouple2020Man
13 weeks ago

Stourbridge

I used to garden but after loosing my dog at Christmas I haven’t felt able to go into the garden. I’ve done the bare minimum. I will eventually come round but currently it’s too upsetting even now. I know people say do it in memory but I just can’t. I’m still tearing up writing this again. I know I have a problem.

By *ansoffateMan
13 weeks ago

Sagittarius A

I really want to, but I never seem to get the time.

I want to retire: grow vegetables, herbs and fruit. Bake bread and sit on the porch with a bottle of wine.

Maybe see other humans once a week at the store

By *d4fun73 OP   Man
13 weeks ago

Shipley

"Always wanted a garden but never had one."

Indoor plants?

By *arkSovereignMan
13 weeks ago

Lancashire

Yes I trim my bush every 2 weeks

By *d4fun73 OP   Man
13 weeks ago

Shipley

"I used to garden but after loosing my dog at Christmas I haven’t felt able to go into the garden. I’ve done the bare minimum. I will eventually come round but currently it’s too upsetting even now. I know people say do it in memory but I just can’t. I’m still tearing up writing this again. I know I have a problem. "

That's really sad. You should do it though

By *imply DeeWoman
13 weeks ago

Wherever

"Always wanted a garden but never had one.

Indoor plants?"

Yes, love them and have lots.

By *iscean_dreamMan
13 weeks ago

Port talbot

I've recently cleared my friends garden as about 20ft of it was covered in brambles and nettles. Spraying it today to hopefully kill anything missed

By *d4fun73 OP   Man
13 weeks ago

Shipley

"Always wanted a garden but never had one.

Indoor plants?

Yes, love them and have lots."

Lovely

By *azmar62Couple
13 weeks ago

Hinckley

We’re cultivating brambles (Blackberries) dandelions, dock leaves, nettles, wild strawberries, which are tiny but omg they taste great. So our garden is a feast for all kinds of bugs and birds? Oh and the occasional naked humans. Lol

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan
13 weeks ago

Glasgow

"I want to retire: grow vegetables, herbs and fruit. Bake bread and sit on the porch with a bottle of wine. Maybe see other humans once a week at the store "

This is basically my life now, except I still have to work as well.

By *allandathleticMan
13 weeks ago

Asgard

Hard landscape gardening (patios, paths, raised planters) im all for.

Keeping something alive. I barely keep myself alive.

By *ansoffateMan
13 weeks ago

Sagittarius A

"I want to retire: grow vegetables, herbs and fruit. Bake bread and sit on the porch with a bottle of wine. Maybe see other humans once a week at the store

This is basically my life now, except I still have to work as well."

I am trying to get there. If I can just shift my work online - I'd be happy to do that till my final days too.

I just need the kids to start adulting a bit more . They're getting there.

By *irtydevil666Man
13 weeks ago

bristol

Container gardening for me some things work some don't a learning curve

By *haron StonerTV/TS
13 weeks ago

Haywards Heath

Ha ha ha ha, the dogs do the gardening!

My stuff is in containers on wheels, great for re arranging the garden. What's left after the dogs, snails and slugs are true survivors and look brilliant.

By *ripfillMan
13 weeks ago

havant

Actually just set up some beer traps for snails and moreover slugs - they have really this year had a feast

My fab friend is an excellent gardener- she is the Hosta Queen of England … please bow towards the midlands

Thank you

By *offiaCoolWoman
13 weeks ago

Kidsgrove

"Actually just set up some beer traps for snails and moreover slugs - they have really this year had a feast

My fab friend is an excellent gardener- she is the Hosta Queen of England … please bow towards the midlands

Thank you "

The hosta queen would prefer less hostas, she divides and gives them away every year. Still has more than she started with

Free hostas available to good homes anyone

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

13 weeks ago

East Sussex

We garden, we've been outside all morning sorting it out. Unfortunately it's not doing too well this year

By *d4fun73 OP   Man
13 weeks ago

Shipley

"Actually just set up some beer traps for snails and moreover slugs - they have really this year had a feast

Thank you

The hosta queen would prefer less hostas, she divides and gives them away every year. Still has more than she started with

Free hostas available to good homes anyone "

I'd love some more Hostas! I have one in a pot

By *lint-EverhardMan
13 weeks ago

Perpignan and cap

I've got two big features to work with in my garden, a koi pond and an orange tree. I mostly grow tomatoes peppers in pots, old paint tubs actually, I've got two Acers this year and my pineapple is doing ok. Three sunflowers are approaching the 2m height and my cucumbers are waiting for me to string a line up.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
13 weeks ago

Central

I prefer to grow the wild species, as it keeps the gene pool active. I have lots of wild primroses, to start the year well.

By *escourtesMan
13 weeks ago

hereford

Oh yes love gardening. i have reasonable sized south facing garden, tomatoes, aubergines, peppers growing in cold frame, courgettes and round cucumbers in main veg patch with other veg. just planted a Jasmine after seeing them in south of france, my quince tree looks as though it will bear fruit this year, lots going on. also great to sunbathe in garden.

By *ad NannaWoman
13 weeks ago

East London

I used to try, but with a constant stream of children in and out every weekend and school holidays, I didn't bother with flower beds; just shrubs.

My favourite was my ceanothus, with its beautiful blue flowers.

By *ad NannaWoman
13 weeks ago

East London

I'd like a husband who is a keen gardener

By *imi_RougeWoman
13 weeks ago

Portsmouth

My mum does my garden, I'm only allowed one little patch to plant what I want, sometimes I just buy a new one and say look what I found.... And then she has to find space.

My favourites this year are the Jasmin, smells amazing. Waiting on the passion flower, buddleia and honeysuckle to flower.

By *iss-BWoman
13 weeks ago

NR BARNSTAPLE

I also have a nice garden veg and flowers a nice patio area a covered in sitting area that i call my coconut shack .. I share seeds with les we often give advice to each other about certain plants and how to care for them like les I also growing round yellow cucumbers this year something new to us both.. by the way les not sure my Chinese laterns have come up you might have to send me some ...x

Post new Message to Thread