Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Do you write a diary?

Jump to newest

By *hagTonight OP   Man
13 weeks ago

From the land of haribos.

Are you somebody that keeps a diary? You know, like january the 4th 10:30am set sail to the galapolos islands, all that kind of stuff, keeping a diary and noting it down.

I am doing it but not rigiously, sometimes there are holes, like I dont do it everyday,sometimes it could be daily but not all the time.

It is loveely to go back and read things, to see what you have done in the past, sometimes it can be really just one or 2 things you have done, other entries can be more details ones, where you might talk about the weather.

You can also talk about feelings, relationshispfs, hearhtaches, all those things you know, everyone notes down different thigns.

Do you write it on a computer or in diary? I write it in a dirary with a pen. I think that this is a lot

better, because if you have it on the computer it could be wiped out.

I also think that we are in the most interesting time in hisotry and I think that by writing down

what is going on, like what kind of politics is going on and historians from the futore could look at that and see what was happpening then, exciting isnt it? Like, reading diaries from ww2, lessons could be learnt too.

Do you keep a diary? Keeping a diary is easy but still a disipline to do it, tell the next generation of what happened on this day

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rsKOTCTWoman
13 weeks ago

Leeds

I do, I use an app on my phone, it kinda tracks my health, feelings etc...

I tend to write more when I'm down I guess it's an outlet to get it all out rather than bottle it up.

It's a good little app or does match together activities/health with moods so you can look and see when you do this/that you tend to be on your down/happy days etc.

By *rHotNottsMan
13 weeks ago

Dubai & Nottingham

What is a diary for planning, But what you are describing is more of a journal? I did keep that kind of journal from 1995 to 1998 when I went on a world adventure, I still read excerpts from it now, it’s great to remember the crazy days.

By *lynJMan
13 weeks ago

Morden

"What is a diary for planning, But what you are describing is more of a journal? I did keep that kind of journal from 1995 to 1998 when I went on a world adventure, I still read excerpts from it now, it’s great to remember the crazy days. "

A diary can be used for both. Many people have published "diaries" of their lives E.g the diary of Anne Frank, The Alan Clark Diaries.

And fictional diaries e.g. The diary of Adrian Mole, The diary of a Nobody.

By *8on33Man
13 weeks ago

winfrith

no and never have.

By *ake2891Man
13 weeks ago

cork

Iv a work Diary for a calender year with section on each page for my own personal life things

By *ornycougaWoman
13 weeks ago

Wherever I lay my hat

When I travel I do on an app that tracks my journey. I post pics, what I've done, annecdotes, how I'm feeling etc. Otherwise... No I don't.

By *assy69Man
13 weeks ago

West Sussex and Wales

"Are you somebody that keeps a diary? You know, like january the 4th 10:30am set sail to the galapolos islands, all that kind of stuff, keeping a diary and noting it down.

I am doing it but not rigiously, sometimes there are holes, like I dont do it everyday,sometimes it could be daily but not all the time.

It is loveely to go back and read things, to see what you have done in the past, sometimes it can be really just one or 2 things you have done, other entries can be more details ones, where you might talk about the weather.

You can also talk about feelings, relationshispfs, hearhtaches, all those things you know, everyone notes down different thigns.

Do you write it on a computer or in diary? I write it in a dirary with a pen. I think that this is a lot

better, because if you have it on the computer it could be wiped out.

I also think that we are in the most interesting time in hisotry and I think that by writing down

what is going on, like what kind of politics is going on and historians from the futore could look at that and see what was happpening then, exciting isnt it? Like, reading diaries from ww2, lessons could be learnt too.

Do you keep a diary? Keeping a diary is easy but still a disipline to do it, tell the next generation of what happened on this day "

The closest I get to that these days is keeping a holiday journal, but I do y write down a great deal about feelings……

Years and years ago, in another lifetime, I used to write poetry, this was my way of getting all of my feelings down on paper and out of my system, this was my “diary” in a sense.

I stopped when someone found one of my poems and read it. Was written years previously and nothing to do with them, but they took it very personally and I felt very violated. I burned everything I had ever written and have never put pen to paper since ……… talk about throwing my toys out of the pram ……..

By *allandathleticMan
13 weeks ago

Asgard

I journal. Its always with me. I write down feelings. Reflective thoughts.

It's a bit like a scrap book for my brain

By *hagTonight OP   Man
13 weeks ago

"I do, I use an app on my phone, it kinda tracks my health, feelings etc...

I tend to write more when I'm down I guess it's an outlet to get it all out rather than bottle it up.

It's a good little app or does match together activities/health with moods so you can look and see when you do this/that you tend to be on your down/happy days etc.

"

That is good you do it and on the app as it is tracking those things, yes, it kind of is an outlet too

By *2000ManMan
13 weeks ago

Worthing

I kept one at age 15 then 20 to 24 inclusive. Then from 2010 up to present day. In total just over 1/3 of my life. It's my own life/family member events and other things going on in the world. It's interesting to think "wonder if I mentioned that event" then finding out I did.

By *2000ManMan
13 weeks ago

Worthing

"I kept one at age 15 then 20 to 24 inclusive. Then from 2010 up to present day. In total just over 1/3 of my life. It's my own life/family member events and other things going on in the world. It's interesting to think "wonder if I mentioned that event" then finding out I did. "

From 2010, entries have been on computer the others were written.

By *a LunaWoman
13 weeks ago

South

No, my life is not exciting or varied enough to warrant a diary.

By *hagTonight OP   Man
13 weeks ago

"Iv a work Diary for a calender year with section on each page for my own personal life things"
That is good to have it for both too

By (user no longer on site)
13 weeks ago

I used to write in a diary when I was a kid mostly feelings and that.

Then I started it up again in my 30s when I was exploring my fantasys etc more as a way to read back on it.

These days the only thing I write is on a notepad last thing at night to brain dump before bed. Helps me sleep.

By *ittlebirdWoman
13 weeks ago

The Big Smoke

I don’t have a diary but I do use a journal

By *ustamanMan
13 weeks ago

weymouth

Used to on my long distance backpacking walks in my youth - no longer though

By *issmorganWoman
13 weeks ago

Calderdale innit

Yes I keep a journal and have for years.

It helps me get things off my chest and they're good to look back on sometimes.

By *rucking-HellMan
13 weeks ago

Northampton

I write anything from two sentences to two pages per day, and have continuously since 2019, and did for a while in 2009, and 2004 too.

It's fascinating to read back over the whole Covid period, the 2019 election, and how I've evolved and changed, especially in terms of my priorities in life.

There's the odd love affair or two, and sadly a bereavement. The week leading up to her eventual death makes for some intense reading, even now.

I urge anybody to start a diary because of how fascinating it is to read back.

I record every dream too. That's ridiculously fascinating, because so many of them materialise in the future - I had an accident in a vehicle that I had two dreams about, in one night, weeks before it happened. The details were so specific that it couldn't have been coincidence.

By *ark n kimCouple
13 weeks ago

Durham

Not since I was 13 and 3/4.

By *xfordjohnMan
13 weeks ago

Oxford

I do keep a diary and always have, in biro in A4 notebooks, so I have quite a cupboard full now. Recently, I've gone back over the twenty years and it's been amazing how much I'd forgotten or got wrong in my memory. And yes, I do record all my sexual activity which will shock my children if they ever read it.

By *rucking-HellMan
13 weeks ago

Northampton

"And yes, I do record all my sexual activity which will shock my children if they ever read it."

Me too, often in great detail. I embarrass myself sometimes!

But there's a secret part of me which wants it published long after I die lol.

By *oubleswing2019Man
13 weeks ago

Colchester

Yes I do. Though it's more a wank and sex spreadsheet. I'm not bothered admitting that at all.

It's got a lot of columns, covering intensity, graduated scale, time, duration, how many "waves" of the orgasm, amount of flow, etc, etc. Then columns for mental mood, and random other notes.

I don't use it grade or score others. It's purely for me to delve deep in to my own orgasms and understand them at a very fundamental level.

As the Temple of Apollo in the ancient Greek precinct of Delphi had inscribed above the door, "Know Thyself".

I believe that if you know yourself and are in tune with yourself at a primal level, you can override your programmed genetics/responses which I don't feel always serve us in our best interests.

I like to direct the flow, not be at the mercy of it.

By *hagTonight OP   Man
13 weeks ago

"When I travel I do on an app that tracks my journey. I post pics, what I've done, annecdotes, how I'm feeling etc. Otherwise... No I don't. "
That is good you do it when you travel too

By *reat me rightWoman
13 weeks ago

Rotherham

I've kept a diary since I had my child. I don't note everyday but there's some precious memories in those tomes over the last nigh on 12 years

By *ophieslutTV/TS
13 weeks ago

Central

Not any more

By *hagTonight OP   Man
13 weeks ago

"I kept one at age 15 then 20 to 24 inclusive. Then from 2010 up to present day. In total just over 1/3 of my life. It's my own life/family member events and other things going on in the world. It's interesting to think "wonder if I mentioned that event" then finding out I did.

From 2010, entries have been on computer the others were written."

That is good, yes, it is interesting too

By *ripfillMan
13 weeks ago

havant

I do for travel and holidays … it’s good to look back on, it’s not sentimental however but does records some great fab events …

Hope my kids do finds if after I am dead !! lol

By *hagTonight OP   Man
13 weeks ago

"I've kept a diary since I had my child. I don't note everyday but there's some precious memories in those tomes over the last nigh on 12 years"
That is good you have kept a diary since you had a child, yes, there is a lot of memories too

Post new Message to Thread