Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Trans Periods

Jump to newest

By *arla Swinger OP   Woman
17 weeks ago

Somewhere

So, to possibly kick a healthy debate off from those in the know. Do Trans women experience periods? Obviously I'm assuming not in the mainstream biological sense, but do you experience akin to a period cycle whilst undergoing hormone replacement? I would genuinely be interested to gain some facts. No biological argument behind the question

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
17 weeks ago

Yes, trans women experience hormonal changes throughout the menstrual cycle even if they do not have a uterus. Not having a uterus simply means, in this context, that they do not bleed during their period.

A few years ago, a trans man was the face of a period campaign in the UK. He, Kenny Ethan Jones, went on to become an activist for transgender period awareness and education. If you’re looking to learn more he shares loads of informative and educative information across social media. He’s also recently written a book titled Dear Cis People. It’s an in depth educational book on the trans experience.

By *arla Swinger OP   Woman
17 weeks ago

Somewhere

That's really interesting, but I feel that there would still not be an actual 'cycle' potentially? As that's obviously based upon the body having a natural menstrual cycle? And if a biological woman hormorally surpresses that with medication, or just naturally doesn't experience one anyway. Then it wouldn't occur? So surely hormones alone wouldn't create a false 30 day cycle?

17 weeks ago

[Removed by poster at 06/06/24 02:52:01]

17 weeks ago

CIS women's menstrual cycle is not just the shedding of the uterus lining and bleeding it also involves the release of an egg

It involves the ovaries and hormones estrogen and progesterone. And finally follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) which releases the egg mid way through the cycle and ovulation and important part of the menstrual cycle.

I am on HRT having reached the menopause so my body is no longer naturally producing the right hormones at the levels they were and my ovaries are irreversibly low on eggs. Some HRT is tailored to a 28 day cycle. So you can get the hormone cycle but no bleeding.

I would suggest that whilst the hormone cycle maybe similar for a transwoman to a cis women, without a uterus and ovaries it can't be exactly the same, just as myself on HRT is no longer the same as I was pre-menoupause, gone are the days of period cramps and heavy bleeding that is the delight of a period (thankfully)

By *unchalMan
17 weeks ago

Dartford

Hormonal changes are not menstruation. Of course men cannot have periods and no amount of wishful thinking or reality bending will make it so.

By *ickhangingsuitMan
17 weeks ago

Sheffield

"Hormonal changes are not menstruation. Of course men cannot have periods and no amount of wishful thinking or reality bending will make it so. "

Auch, LOL! Gender dysphoria is a mental disorder. No amount of hormones will make a born male have a menstruation, men have a cycle that might be deranged by the HRT. The same as putting a fetus shaped dildo in your ass and pushing it out is not giving birth. (True story)

17 weeks ago

Trans men can of course have menstruation if they have retained their uterus and ovaries from prior to transition. I don't know enough about the hormones they take to know the impact on their cycle.

17 weeks ago

It is perfectly possible to get across the differences in basic biology without being offensive.

Periods rely on ovaries and a womb without the later you can't have a period. So a CIS friend has had a hysterectomy but retained her ovaries ... she still gets PMT but no periods ... and will keep getting PMT until she hits menopause.

17 weeks ago

"CIS women's menstrual cycle is not just the shedding of the uterus lining and bleeding it also involves the release of an egg

It involves the ovaries and hormones estrogen and progesterone. And finally follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) which releases the egg mid way through the cycle and ovulation and important part of the menstrual cycle.

I am on HRT having reached the menopause so my body is no longer naturally producing the right hormones at the levels they were and my ovaries are irreversibly low on eggs. Some HRT is tailored to a 28 day cycle. So you can get the hormone cycle but no bleeding.

I would suggest that whilst the hormone cycle maybe similar for a transwoman to a cis women, without a uterus and ovaries it can't be exactly the same, just as myself on HRT is no longer the same as I was pre-menoupause, gone are the days of period cramps and heavy bleeding that is the delight of a period (thankfully)"

Genuine question, beyond the physical stuff being different - is the rest different?

By *unchalMan
17 weeks ago

Dartford

"Trans men can of course have menstruation if they have retained their uterus and ovaries from prior to transition. I don't know enough about the hormones they take to know the impact on their cycle. "

Yes. I think that is what I said. Only women can menstruate.

17 weeks ago

I can only speak from my experience and from the observations of friends and family around me.

Due to the nature of my HRT which is daily progynova tablets always at the same dosage with no breaks, providing I keep up with the tablets and don’t miss a dose, my levels stay pretty constant throughout the month and therefore I do t have much in the way of a cycle at all.

The only times I experience any kind of hormonal symptoms is if there’s any break or change in that dosage. The first symptom for me after this is always crippling headaches and hot flushes followed by general irritability.

Back before my surgery when I was also on an anti-androgen injection (every 10 weeks I think but it was a long time ago) people always knew when I had this coming up as I would get massively cranky afterwards but maybe that was more psychological than anything else ?

As I say, this is just me other people’s experience may vary.

By *ickhangingsuitMan
17 weeks ago

Sheffield

"Trans men can of course have menstruation if they have retained their uterus and ovaries from prior to transition. I don't know enough about the hormones they take to know the impact on their cycle. "

Pretend men can still have menstruation because they are not real men...cutting your genitals does not change your basic genome? We can play pretend all we want...but that does not make it real. I wonder how many undergo surgery to then regret it...being a man has its downsides its not all privilege and adjusted to one's possibilities living, its competitive, ruthless, and nobody treats you like a lady...being a man does not mean playing the life game on easy mode. (Wonder if some will find facts offensive, I bet they have blue hair and scream when no arguments to be presented)

By *ts the taking part thatMan
17 weeks ago

southampton

People can pretend whatever they like, just don't expect others to play along.

17 weeks ago

southampton

[Removed by poster at 06/06/24 10:33:46]

By *atnip make me purrWoman
17 weeks ago

Reading

Great question OP. I hadn't even thought about this #cisprivilege

By *oydykeWoman
17 weeks ago

Southampton (they/them)

"Hormonal changes are not menstruation. Of course men cannot have periods and no amount of wishful thinking or reality bending will make it so. "

I’m a transmasc that has periods, awks!

By *uliette500Woman
17 weeks ago

Hull

Trans women on hormones are on a constant unchanging dose of hormones all the time so no they do not have any hormone fluctuations. This is similar to cis women on constant hormonal birth control, unless they stop taking their pill or don't have an injection every 3 months to allow the levels to drop they don't have a period or any of the period type symptoms either.

By *naswingdressWoman
17 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Trans women on hormones are on a constant unchanging dose of hormones all the time so no they do not have any hormone fluctuations. This is similar to cis women on constant hormonal birth control, unless they stop taking their pill or don't have an injection every 3 months to allow the levels to drop they don't have a period or any of the period type symptoms either. "

That's interesting. I've been on several different types of birth control, most recently the Mirena, and I experience changes in mood, libido etc on all of them.

By *unchalMan
17 weeks ago

Dartford

"Hormonal changes are not menstruation. Of course men cannot have periods and no amount of wishful thinking or reality bending will make it so.

I’m a transmasc that has periods, awks!"

Does that mean that you are a woman?

By *unchalMan
17 weeks ago

Dartford

"Trans women on hormones are on a constant unchanging dose of hormones all the time so no they do not have any hormone fluctuations. This is similar to cis women on constant hormonal birth control, unless they stop taking their pill or don't have an injection every 3 months to allow the levels to drop they don't have a period or any of the period type symptoms either. "

Not menstruation.

17 weeks ago

Here’s one to twist your noodle…

Some guys get sympathy pains for somebody, trans or not.

By *ittle Miss TinkerbellWoman
17 weeks ago

your head

The OP was asking about a period cycle not just periods. So a hormonal cycle and how it can change? I think most are fully aware that without a uterus, you cannot have a period

17 weeks ago

your head

I have no answers but it's a really interesting question OP

By *iss_FickleWoman
17 weeks ago

Cambridgeshire

That's not true & is an oversimplification... A lot of women on constant hormonal contraception experience symptoms of PMS & still have periods too, this is due to their natural hormones not being suppressed and so they still fluctuate.

By *oydykeWoman
17 weeks ago

Southampton (they/them)

"Hormonal changes are not menstruation. Of course men cannot have periods and no amount of wishful thinking or reality bending will make it so.

Does that mean that you are a woman?"

No it means I’m a transmasc hope this helps

By *r Mrs FuckableCouple
17 weeks ago

Stoke

[Removed by poster at 06/06/24 13:28:53]

By *r Mrs FuckableCouple
17 weeks ago

Stoke

Read some genuine cases of trans women squirting ketchup up their bum to imitate a period, if this helps?

By *inky_couple2020Couple
17 weeks ago

North West

Someone above mentioned FSH and LH and oestrogen around the ovulation stuff. Males produce FSH and LH too, they stimulate spermatogenesis in the testes. Testes have the same biological origin as ovaries, the two are incredibly similar in structure and how the gametes form, actually. The structure isn't differentiated in foetuses until well after 20 weeks gestation.

So, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that trans women experience some cyclical hormonal changes akin to those in the menstrual cycle.

Whoever thinks they the menstrual cycle is just about periods needs to go and read a textbook.

By *S chanel demarTV/TS
17 weeks ago

peterborough

"People can pretend whatever they like, just don't expect others to play along. "
to play along ??

By *unchalMan
17 weeks ago

Dartford

"Here’s one to twist your noodle…

Some guys get sympathy pains for somebody, trans or not. "

Empathy is not menstruation.

By *unchalMan
17 weeks ago

Dartford

No. I have no idea what that means.

No it means I’m a transmasc hope this helps "

By *S chanel demarTV/TS
17 weeks ago

peterborough

"Read some genuine cases of trans women squirting ketchup up their bum to imitate a period, if this helps? "

Hilarious, but do tell me where you read this?? Off course you can't....

By *naswingdressWoman
17 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Someone above mentioned FSH and LH and oestrogen around the ovulation stuff. Males produce FSH and LH too, they stimulate spermatogenesis in the testes. Testes have the same biological origin as ovaries, the two are incredibly similar in structure and how the gametes form, actually. The structure isn't differentiated in foetuses until well after 20 weeks gestation.

So, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that trans women experience some cyclical hormonal changes akin to those in the menstrual cycle.

Whoever thinks they the menstrual cycle is just about periods needs to go and read a textbook."

Yes, these things are rarely as simple as people make out.

By *unchalMan
17 weeks ago

Dartford

The OP was asking about a period cycle not just periods. So a hormonal cycle and how it can change? I think most are fully aware that without a uterus, you cannot have a period "

Men and women have hormonal cycles. Only women have periods.

By *oydykeWoman
17 weeks ago

Southampton (they/them)

No. I have no idea what that means.

No it means I’m a transmasc hope this helps "

Transmasculine is a term used for those assigned female at birth and whose gender identity or expression is masculine but not necessarily male.

By *unchalMan
17 weeks ago

Dartford

The OP was asking about a period cycle not just periods. So a hormonal cycle and how it can change? I think most are fully aware that without a uterus, you cannot have a period

Men and women have hormonal cycles. Only women have periods. "

Oh, and the OP was specifically asking about periods.

By *unchalMan
17 weeks ago

Dartford

"I have no answers but it's a really interesting question OP "

Is it really, though? It’s about as interesting as asking whether pigs can fly.

By *unchalMan
17 weeks ago

Dartford

"Trans women on hormones are on a constant unchanging dose of hormones all the time so no they do not have any hormone fluctuations. This is similar to cis women on constant hormonal birth control, unless they stop taking their pill or don't have an injection every 3 months to allow the levels to drop they don't have a period or any of the period type symptoms either.

That's not true & is an oversimplification... A lot of women on constant hormonal contraception experience symptoms of PMS & still have periods too, this is due to their natural hormones not being suppressed and so they still fluctuate."

Yeah, but men don’t have periods, so regardless of surgery or whatever, they cannot have periods.

17 weeks ago

North West

Men and women have hormonal cycles. Only women have periods.

Oh, and the OP was specifically asking about periods. "

The OP clarified "period cycle", aka menstrual cycle, and has explained that she recognises transwomen will not experience the shedding of uterine lining.

It might astound you to know that males have a rhythm to their natural hormonal cycles too. There's a constant feedback loop between the brain and testes (which are essentially externalised ovaries) and there's a different daily rhythm.

By *naswingdressWoman
17 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I have no answers but it's a really interesting question OP

Is it really, though? It’s about as interesting as asking whether pigs can fly. "

You've made your view crystal clear, repeatedly, ad nauseum, etc. We know what you believe: that trans people do not exist, that they are just mutilating themselves and taking medication for no reason, and that by repeatedly denying their existence you'll do some good.

How does this contribute to the discussion that's been proposed in the OP, that people are interested in having?

TV/TS is a subsection of this website, and it's presumably an issue that some people in that category (and those not in that category, given the enormous diversity of human genetic expression) experience.

By *unchalMan
17 weeks ago

Dartford

"Someone above mentioned FSH and LH and oestrogen around the ovulation stuff. Males produce FSH and LH too, they stimulate spermatogenesis in the testes. Testes have the same biological origin as ovaries, the two are incredibly similar in structure and how the gametes form, actually. The structure isn't differentiated in foetuses until well after 20 weeks gestation.

Whoever thinks they the menstrual cycle is just about periods needs to go and read a textbook."

Pseudoscience. “Beyond the realms of possibility.” I cannot imagine what that means. Only women have periods. Men do not and cannot. Saying something, and getting some people to agree with you, does not make it true. Oh, by the way, I think you’ll find the menstrual cycle is entirely about periods.

By *uzie69xTV/TS
17 weeks ago

Maidstone

Is it really, though? It’s about as interesting as asking whether pigs can fly. "

Reported as not reading the posts and posting one liners that can be interpreted as female-transphobic (ignoring arguments on trans men) and potentially offensive.

By *unchalMan
17 weeks ago

Dartford

"People can pretend whatever they like, just don't expect others to play along. to play along ??"

I prefer to think of it as gaslighting rather than playing along.

By *naswingdressWoman
17 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

Whoever thinks they the menstrual cycle is just about periods needs to go and read a textbook.

Pseudoscience. “Beyond the realms of possibility.” I cannot imagine what that means. Only women have periods. Men do not and cannot. Saying something, and getting some people to agree with you, does not make it true. Oh, by the way, I think you’ll find the menstrual cycle is entirely about periods. "

This is giving me real "I studied science in primary school and everything I studied then is 100% true and can never change" energy

17 weeks ago

North West

Pseudoscience. “Beyond the realms of possibility.” I cannot imagine what that means. Only women have periods. Men do not and cannot. Saying something, and getting some people to agree with you, does not make it true. Oh, by the way, I think you’ll find the menstrual cycle is entirely about periods. "

Please do mansplain my job to me. The menstrual cycle is not all about periods. What do you think happens on that occasion where the little swimmy thing makes it through the mucus and the acidic environment and pierces the zona pellucida and the genetic material fuses with the nucleus of the ovum that has matured just on the right day?

Cos it ain't a period. That is still a menstrual cycle that has occurred.

Not all cycles result in ovulation either, nor is it only ever one ovum (hence non identical twins).

I'm back my day job now.

By *ulieAndBeefCouple
17 weeks ago

Manchester-ish

Then why are you here replying to most of the comments?

J

By *naswingdressWoman
17 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

J"

The derailing is annoying. It's not like we don't know that a subsection of the population feel this way, and believe they are correct.

Would people go into a thread on say, justifying swinging and Christianity and go off about the flying spaghetti monster or Allah coming to smite you all? (Actually, yes, they would, and I wish they'd stop too As a former Christian, I'd either swerve that topic or try to understand based on my own understanding)

Variations in hormones are interesting to a lot of us - and not just trans people. There are a lot of people, myself included (there's an F on my original birth certificate and I've had ovarian surgery twice, not that it fucking matters) who are interested in deviations from average hormonal activity, and the effect it has on our health. Some of us (myself included) are on medication or otherwise that might affect what would otherwise come without intervention.

But instead we're told that the entire discussion isn't real. Yes. We know what you believe. You don't have to tell us repeatedly.

By *unchalMan
17 weeks ago

Dartford

Pseudoscience. “Beyond the realms of possibility.” I cannot imagine what that means. Only women have periods. Men do not and cannot. Saying something, and getting some people to agree with you, does not make it true. Oh, by the way, I think you’ll find the menstrual cycle is entirely about periods.

Please do mansplain my job to me. The menstrual cycle is not all about periods. What do you think happens on that occasion where the little swimmy thing makes it through the mucus and the acidic environment and pierces the zona pellucida and the genetic material fuses with the nucleus of the ovum that has matured just on the right day?

Not all cycles result in ovulation either, nor is it only ever one ovum (hence non identical twins).

I'm back my day job now. "

And what does all that mean? It’s a slightly skewed explanation. I don’t get the point of what you are saying. Mean spirited rhetoric only serves to stifle the discussion.

By *naswingdressWoman
17 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'm back my day job now.

And what does all that mean? It’s a slightly skewed explanation. I don’t get the point of what you are saying. Mean spirited rhetoric only serves to stifle the discussion. "

Maybe re-read it. She - someone who is qualified and working in the field - was explaining something about the topic you claim to know so much about.

By *naswingdressWoman
17 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

I was big mad when the doctors took me off anti-androgens when I moved to this country. They were the absolute shit, I loved them.

17 weeks ago

North West

I'm back my day job now.

And what does all that mean? It’s a slightly skewed explanation. I don’t get the point of what you are saying. Mean spirited rhetoric only serves to stifle the discussion. "

Please read a biology book and all will become clear on the topic of the menstrual cycle. I assure you it is perfectly accurate science. Periods only happen if there is no swimmy spermy thing swarming around an ovulated ovum and no conception. Conception is one potential event during a menstrual cycle.

Books are your friend here.

By *unchalMan
17 weeks ago

Dartford

J"

I think I have some kind of responsibility to challenge some of the gaslighting that is going on. My children live in this world.

By *ulieAndBeefCouple
17 weeks ago

Manchester-ish

" Mean spirited rhetoric only serves to stifle the discussion. "

Well said. Stop trying to stifle the discussion.

J

By *naswingdressWoman
17 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

J

I think I have some kind of responsibility to challenge some of the gaslighting that is going on. My children live in this world. "

Do you think that's achieving anything, or just annoying people who are trying to have a reasonable discussion about hormonal fluctuations?

By *unchalMan
17 weeks ago

Dartford

J

The derailing is annoying. It's not like we don't know that a subsection of the population feel this way, and believe they are correct.

Would people go into a thread on say, justifying swinging and Christianity and go off about the flying spaghetti monster or Allah coming to smite you all? (Actually, yes, they would, and I wish they'd stop too As a former Christian, I'd either swerve that topic or try to understand based on my own understanding)

Variations in hormones are interesting to a lot of us - and not just trans people. There are a lot of people, myself included (there's an F on my original birth certificate and I've had ovarian surgery twice, not that it fucking matters) who are interested in deviations from average hormonal activity, and the effect it has on our health. Some of us (myself included) are on medication or otherwise that might affect what would otherwise come without intervention.

But instead we're told that the entire discussion isn't real. Yes. We know what you believe. You don't have to tell us repeatedly. "

“A subsection” Really?

By *naswingdressWoman
17 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

What do people with hormonal difficulties find helps them during cycles or other difficult periods (pun intended or not)?

By *essTTWoman
17 weeks ago

Birmingham

J

But instead we're told that the entire discussion isn't real. Yes. We know what you believe. You don't have to tell us repeatedly. "

I have PCOS and my hormonal cycle/menstrual cycle is all over the place

Abnormal cycles/hormone irregularities affect all women cis and trans

By *naswingdressWoman
17 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

J

But instead we're told that the entire discussion isn't real. Yes. We know what you believe. You don't have to tell us repeatedly.

Abnormal cycles/hormone irregularities affect all women cis and trans"

Absolutely. And so this is an issue where we can reflect, learn, share.

I loved anti-androgens because they cleared up my skin, made me lose weight easier, thinned out my thick facial hair. But they come with liver damage long term, which is why the NHS pulled the plug. (In Australia I was just told that birth control was compulsory, because they do godawful things to male foetuses while you're on them. I was in my early 20s, I wasn't planning on a baby anyway, no big deal...)

17 weeks ago

"So, to possibly kick a healthy debate off from those in the know. Do Trans women experience periods? Obviously I'm assuming not in the mainstream biological sense, but do you experience akin to a period cycle whilst undergoing hormone replacement? I would genuinely be interested to gain some facts. No biological argument behind the question "

Yeah, they do. I have been on HRT for a long time now. When I first started on hormones I used times where I was very emotional. My female boss pointed out that it could be that. Myself and others that I know track it on an app so we know when we might be a bit off kilter. I also used to get a bad back and thought I had buggered up my kidneys but that seems to have eased off now. It wasn't something that I had expected to be honest!

By *unchalMan
17 weeks ago

Dartford

"Don't feed the trolls "

I am not a troll. My gender critical views are protected by law.

By *unchalMan
17 weeks ago

Dartford

"Read some genuine cases of trans women squirting ketchup up their bum to imitate a period, if this helps?

Hilarious, but do tell me where you read this?? Off course you can't....

Was on Reddit, go take a look as can't post links. "

I sat at a my sister’s wedding with my gay brother and his partner where their jokes entirely depended on rolling tissues and giggling about how they were on their periods. So ketchup does not seem that far fetched. Oh, and people do the oddest things.

By *unchalMan
17 weeks ago

Dartford

J

Abnormal cycles/hormone irregularities affect all women cis and trans"

Menstrual cycles?

By *naswingdressWoman
17 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

"So, to possibly kick a healthy debate off from those in the know. Do Trans women experience periods? Obviously I'm assuming not in the mainstream biological sense, but do you experience akin to a period cycle whilst undergoing hormone replacement? I would genuinely be interested to gain some facts. No biological argument behind the question

Yeah, they do. I have been on HRT for a long time now. When I first started on hormones I used times where I was very emotional. My female boss pointed out that it could be that. Myself and others that I know track it on an app so we know when we might be a bit off kilter. I also used to get a bad back and thought I had buggered up my kidneys but that seems to have eased off now. It wasn't something that I had expected to be honest!"

Yeah, hormones can really mess with your emotions like that. I'm glad your boss was supportive.

17 weeks ago

North West

Stay woke, sistas

17 weeks ago

"So, to possibly kick a healthy debate off from those in the know. Do Trans women experience periods? Obviously I'm assuming not in the mainstream biological sense, but do you experience akin to a period cycle whilst undergoing hormone replacement? I would genuinely be interested to gain some facts. No biological argument behind the question

Yeah, they do. I have been on HRT for a long time now. When I first started on hormones I used times where I was very emotional. My female boss pointed out that it could be that. Myself and others that I know track it on an app so we know when we might be a bit off kilter. I also used to get a bad back and thought I had buggered up my kidneys but that seems to have eased off now. It wasn't something that I had expected to be honest!

Yeah, hormones can really mess with your emotions like that. I'm glad your boss was supportive."

Thank you x

By *adyBugsWoman
17 weeks ago

cognito

No. Hormonal cycles are not the only part to menstruation.

As taken from the NHS website “A period is the part of the menstrual cycle when a woman bleeds from her vagina for a few days.”

Keeping things factual, Trans women can have hormonal cycles and feel some symptoms of PMS or PMDD but will not have periods as there is no ovulation or shedding of the womb lining.

By *naswingdressWoman
17 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Stay woke, sistas "

Hell yes

By *essTTWoman
17 weeks ago

Birmingham

"Stay woke, sistas "

17 weeks ago

North West

"No. Hormonal cycles are not the only part to menstruation.

As taken from the NHS website “A period is the part of the menstrual cycle when a woman bleeds from her vagina for a few days.”

Keeping things factual, Trans women can have hormonal cycles and feel some symptoms of PMS or PMDD but will not have periods as there is no ovulation or shedding of the womb lining. "

The main body of the OP clarifies "akin to a period cycle", which I've taken to refer to the hormonal changes that occur in the female menstrual cycle. I think it's obvious that transwomen cannot actually shed uterine lining or ovulate and I don't think that was what the question was supposed to be. I might be wrong about the OP.

By *unchalMan
17 weeks ago

Dartford

Yeah, hormones can really mess with your emotions like that. I'm glad your boss was supportive."

What is wrong with you all?

By *oydykeWoman
17 weeks ago

Southampton (they/them)

Yeah, hormones can really mess with your emotions like that. I'm glad your boss was supportive.

What is wrong with you all?"

If we were to ask you that same question, you would be offended. If you wouldn’t say it to yourself, why do you say it to others?

May God still see the light in you and forgive you

17 weeks ago

your head

Well apparently you're "qualified" to tell is how our bodies work?

17 weeks ago

"

Okay, I’m going to ask nicely now. Please leave this thread.

None of your inputs have been remotely helpful in terms of addressing the OP’s questions

Yes you have a right to your views I’m not going to deny you that but you’re derailing this thread and taking it off topic. If you wish to continue this line of conversation, please start your own thread and see what response you get.

And before you say this is stifling your view or some form of cancelling, it’s just general forum etiquette anywhere on the internet and against this site’s rule specifically.

If you have valid input to answer OP’s question then fair play but please stop trying to derail this conversation

17 weeks ago

[Removed by poster at 06/06/24 20:24:02]

By *adyBugsWoman
17 weeks ago

cognito

Keeping things factual, Trans women can have hormonal cycles and feel some symptoms of PMS or PMDD but will not have periods as there is no ovulation or shedding of the womb lining.

The main body of the OP clarifies "akin to a period cycle", which I've taken to refer to the hormonal changes that occur in the female menstrual cycle. I think it's obvious that transwomen cannot actually shed uterine lining or ovulate and I don't think that was what the question was supposed to be. I might be wrong about the OP. "

I realised after I typed my text it was more concise than the original OP questions or I should’ve taken out the no but fab is shite and you can’t edit comments after posting them

By *essTTWoman
17 weeks ago

Birmingham

"

None of your inputs have been remotely helpful in terms of addressing the OP’s questions

Yes you have a right to your views I’m not going to deny you that but you’re derailing this thread and taking it off topic. If you wish to continue this line of conversation, please start your own thread and see what response you get.

And before you say this is stifling your view or some form of cancelling, it’s just general forum etiquette anywhere on the internet and against this site’s rule specifically.

If you have valid input to answer OP’s question then fair play but please stop trying to derail this conversation "

Just ignore

By *naswingdressWoman
17 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

Empathy for another person's hormonal fluctuations?

Is that a problem now?

By *he turned me GreyCouple
17 weeks ago

Warwick and Coventry

"Here’s one to twist your noodle…

Some guys get sympathy pains for somebody, trans or not.

Empathy is not menstruation. "

And empathy is not sympathy but there we go.....

I'm off to play with some ketchup

Mr

17 weeks ago

North West

The main body of the OP clarifies "akin to a period cycle", which I've taken to refer to the hormonal changes that occur in the female menstrual cycle. I think it's obvious that transwomen cannot actually shed uterine lining or ovulate and I don't think that was what the question was supposed to be. I might be wrong about the OP.

I realised after I typed my text it was more concise than the original OP questions or I should’ve taken out the no but fab is shite and you can’t edit comments after posting them "

Tis reet. And yes, the lack of editing facility is pants!

By *ayPrimeMan
17 weeks ago

Leeds

"Don't feed the trolls

I am not a troll. My gender critical views are protected by law. "

I did see this post yesterday and although I did think it was a bit interesting I didn’t follow it thoroughly m; I kept seeing it pop up with new comments but again, not something I’d really discuss at length as it isn’t really relevant to me.

I was told by another member privately however that the fruity flatulence of “old guard” rethoric were being wafted with undue confidence around on this topic.

I’m both surprised and disappointed at the amount of ignorance and intolerance displayed here. Any number of sexual acts discussed on this website at some point have had repressed and narrow minded people campaigning for them to be denied, for no reason other than a loose moral objective. Morality ebbs and flows constantly, it’s a gossamer thin baseline for social standards as most concepts are.

The world can seem a scary place as you age and you become less relevant socially. Society is shaped and developed by youth, the older we get the less we create and the more we consume. We approach the sun setting on our lives and gradually lose touch as our other priorities become more important than maintaining a finger on the pulse of emerging culture. This can be unsettling but like death itself, it’s inevitable.

That does not give anyone the right to try and turn the clock back and stop social progress, especially against a group that have internally wrestled with their biology not matching their gender. If they get the strength and courage to explore it or take ownership of it…..only for the old guard to turn Top Gear off for a moment and decide to put a stop to it…what kind of catastrophic effect do you think that could have? Can you imagine being at odds with your entire body? For the record, I don’t mean the damage that steak bakes, moody sniff and Carling have done to it.

Feeble armchair psychology and laughable virtue signalling aside; what does success look like to you? How likely are your interventions to achieve that success?

Because you’d better hurry up; historically, conservative values on gender and sexuality have always been drowned out by louder and more progressive voices because progress is (and always will be) inevitable.

Your blinkered nonsense is just the death rattle of a world being left behind, whether you like it or not.

Do better and let people be at peace.

By *ransgirl7TV/TS
17 weeks ago

South Devon

I get monthly stomach cramps (sometimes I would rate about a 6 or 7 pain-wise - usually just discomfort). I’ve read from various medical sources that this is because the body can’t process hrt continuously and defaults to a cycle which of course has peaks and troughs.

By *oydykeWoman
17 weeks ago

Southampton (they/them)

"Don't feed the trolls

I am not a troll. My gender critical views are protected by law.

I did see this post yesterday and although I did think it was a bit interesting I didn’t follow it thoroughly m; I kept seeing it pop up with new comments but again, not something I’d really discuss at length as it isn’t really relevant to me.

I was told by another member privately however that the fruity flatulence of “old guard” rethoric were being wafted with undue confidence around on this topic.

I’m both surprised and disappointed at the amount of ignorance and intolerance displayed here. Any number of sexual acts discussed on this website at some point have had repressed and narrow minded people campaigning for them to be denied, for no reason other than a loose moral objective. Morality ebbs and flows constantly, it’s a gossamer thin baseline for social standards as most concepts are.

The world can seem a scary place as you age and you become less relevant socially. Society is shaped and developed by youth, the older we get the less we create and the more we consume. We approach the sun setting on our lives and gradually lose touch as our other priorities become more important than maintaining a finger on the pulse of emerging culture. This can be unsettling but like death itself, it’s inevitable.

That does not give anyone the right to try and turn the clock back and stop social progress, especially against a group that have internally wrestled with their biology not matching their gender. If they get the strength and courage to explore it or take ownership of it…..only for the old guard to turn Top Gear off for a moment and decide to put a stop to it…what kind of catastrophic effect do you think that could have? Can you imagine being at odds with your entire body? For the record, I don’t mean the damage that steak bakes, moody sniff and Carling have done to it.

Feeble armchair psychology and laughable virtue signalling aside; what does success look like to you? How likely are your interventions to achieve that success?

Because you’d better hurry up; historically, conservative values on gender and sexuality have always been drowned out by louder and more progressive voices because progress is (and always will be) inevitable.

Your blinkered nonsense is just the death rattle of a world being left behind, whether you like it or not.

Do better and let people be at peace. "

Absolutely adore this. Couldn’t have said it any better

17 weeks ago

southampton

Women have periods, men don't.

Transmen (women) do/can.

Transwomen (men) cannot.

Period. (Sort of)

17 weeks ago

southampton

"

If you have valid input to answer OP’s question then fair play but please stop trying to derail this conversation "

Free Speech is free for all opinions & not just the ones you agree with. How arrogant are you.

17 weeks ago

southampton

"

Free Speech is free for all opinions & not just the ones you agree with. How arrogant are you.

By *ayPrimeMan
17 weeks ago

Leeds

"

Free Speech is free for all opinions & not just the ones you agree with. How arrogant are you."

Your right to free speech is neither applicable on a private forum nor is it at risk on one.

17 weeks ago

"Free Speech is free for all opinions & not just the ones you agree with. How arrogant are you."

A rather predictable response. Having the right to do something does not make it okay to do something and at what point did I say you couldn’t say it? I was asking the person not to say it fete where it adds nothing to the original context of the op’s question.

If I starting spouting off about how much I disagreed with a certain political aspect on a topic about cakes, sure I’d have the freedom of speech to say that, but it would still be a dick love.

Go start you own thread about what you want to talk about and don’t detail others. That’s basic decency

By *ayPrimeMan
17 weeks ago

Leeds

"

Go start you own thread "

Yes, definitely do that.

17 weeks ago

southampton

"

Your right to free speech is neither applicable on a private forum nor is it at risk on one. "

Where are these rules?

17 weeks ago

southampton

"Free Speech is free for all opinions & not just the ones you agree with. How arrogant are you.

A rather predictable response. Having the right to do something does not make it okay to do something and at what point did I say you couldn’t say it? I was asking the person not to say it fete where it adds nothing to the original context of the op’s question.

If I starting spouting off about how much I disagreed with a certain political aspect on a topic about cakes, sure I’d have the freedom of speech to say that, but it would still be a dick love.

Go start you own thread about what you want to talk about and don’t detail others. That’s basic decency "

It's the posters opinion, it's valid to them.

By *AJMLKTV/TS
17 weeks ago

Burley

No, trans women don't experience periods. They experience side-effects. What they choose to call these side-effects is entirely up to them.

By *ayPrimeMan
17 weeks ago

Leeds

"

Your right to free speech is neither applicable on a private forum nor is it at risk on one.

Where are these rules? "

You brought up Free Speech, are you now asking me to confirm what it means to you?

I can sense a persecution fetish stirring so let’s not go down that route or you might get dangerously close to knowing what it’s like to be surrounded by people telling you you’re not valid.

17 weeks ago

"

Where are these rules?

You brought up Free Speech, are you now asking me to confirm what it means to you?

I can sense a persecution fetish stirring so let’s not go down that route or you might get dangerously close to knowing what it’s like to be surrounded by people telling you you’re not valid. "

I love how people who are the first to claim that their free speech is being negated never seem to appreciate the irony that my free speech allows me to tell them to shut the fuck up

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS
17 weeks ago

chichester

Ha fab forums are always comical

By *he turned me GreyCouple
17 weeks ago

Warwick and Coventry

"

Where are these rules?

I can sense a persecution fetish stirring so let’s not go down that route or you might get dangerously close to knowing what it’s like to be surrounded by people telling you you’re not valid.

I love how people who are the first to claim that their free speech is being negated never seem to appreciate the irony that my free speech allows me to tell them to shut the fuck up "

Ooh I sense a budding fab romance here...beautiful to watch, ill tell the missus to buy a hat

Mr

By *ools and the brainCouple
17 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

"No, trans women don't experience periods. They experience side-effects. What they choose to call these side-effects is entirely up to them."

The only reply on here that actually makes sense

17 weeks ago

"No, trans women don't experience periods. They experience side-effects. What they choose to call these side-effects is entirely up to them.

The only reply on here that actually makes sense "

I’m not debating the sentiment but the language. “Trans women don’t experience periods” and yet “what they choose to call these side effects is up to them”. I’m not saying that I do think this, but stick with me here, so if I choose to call them a period, that’s up to me? I’m glad we agree

I’m fairly sure that what most of the trans argument is all about, let me determine what’s right for me. Nice to see we have you as an ally

By *glyBettyTV/TS
17 weeks ago

About 3 feet away from the fence

FrEeZe PeAcH

Glad I served this one, could see what it was going to turn into

By *aughtybrunette94TV/TS
12 weeks ago

Dublin

[Removed by poster at 11/07/24 20:24:23]