Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Do, or do not!…

Jump to newest

By *oody B OP   Man
5 weeks ago

Mcr. - The Gilded Palace of Sin

Are you the type of person to strike while the iron is hot ? Or do you procrastinate and overthink the situation and then watch a chance pass you by?

In other words, Do you talk yourself out of opportunities to avoid the risk of failure and things going wrong, or do you go with the flow and see what happens?

I’m starting to think about the sliding doors scenarios I’ve left behind over the last couple of years. Here’s to the future.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan
5 weeks ago

Glasgow

I’m very much a ‘just fucking do it’ person. But you probably knew that.

By *oo..Woman
5 weeks ago

Boo's World

Go with the flow kinda woman here

By *parkle1974Woman
5 weeks ago

Leeds

If I really want to do it, I will.

By *lowupdollTV/TS
5 weeks ago

S. Herts

I take opportunities and get on with it.if it’s outside my comfort zone even better.

By *eyond PurityCouple
5 weeks ago

Laceby

That’s why we are here - to ensure that we don’t miss out on those times.

It’s now or never for us so we are saying yes to so many new opportunities, which is why we’ll be in the mosh pit at an AC/DC concert in Munich next weekend

K

By *igjonny090Man
5 weeks ago

blackpool, lancaster, Manchester and Loughborough

I’m probably in the middle, it all depends on the day and situation. Sometimes if I’m feeling confident I’ll do anything but if I’ve had a run of poor choices then I’ll be hesitant and talk my self out of it

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan
5 weeks ago

Glasgow

If this thread seems full of ‘just do it!’ people, that’s because the overthinkers and the more cautious types are still worrying about whether to post or not. They’ll get here eventually.

By *oody B OP   Man
5 weeks ago

"If this thread seems full of ‘just do it!’ people, that’s because the overthinkers and the more cautious types are still worrying about whether to post or not. They’ll get here eventually. "

Haha. Well spotted.

By *rsMistyPeaksWoman
5 weeks ago

Essex

I have really poor impulse control. So procrastination isn’t generally my downfall.

I do overthink after the fact on occasion though.

Doesn’t ever stop me the next time though

By *uriousscouserWoman
5 weeks ago

Wirral

I tend to think "what's the worst that could happen?".

Then I ignore the catastrophic scenarios my anxiety comes up with and just go for it.

I do overthink decisions I've made and actions I've taken, but I prefer to do that in hindsight at 3am.

By *igronnie89Man
5 weeks ago

near you

"If I really want to do it, I will. "

Like your style

By *oyoteUglyWoman
5 weeks ago

somewhere

I overthink. But I don't see it as missing out, I see it as not wasting my time.

By *ickyKlungespeareMan
5 weeks ago

St Leonards

I tend to do.

Or be.

Do be do be dooooh

La la la laaaah la.

By *inosaur PantsMan
5 weeks ago

Stourbridge

Could be any of these depending on whether or not my brain is being a dickhead.

By *lderflowerappleWoman
5 weeks ago

North Hampshire

I'm a bit of both. Sometimes I take time to think things through, even though I know I've almost certainly decided I'm going to do it. Conversely though, if I procrastinate on making a decision I sometimes take that as a sign it's not the right thing to do.

So having now said all that, perhaps I am more of a 'fuck, let's do it' kind of girl after all

By *ansoffateMan
5 weeks ago

Sagittarius A

Opportunities are only opportunities if they match with my desire.

The best way I have found is to understand my desires and then go with what feels right.

Analysing has it's value, but ultimately one cannot account for every determining factor and to attempt to do so leaves me with a barrier to experiencing the moment. Then life becomes a series of problems to solve.

Call it what you will, fate, chaos, probability, risk. There are factors in decisions we can't account for and are outside of our sphere of influence.

Personally, I think our desire influences how we analyse a situation anyway. When I want something enough that I can feel the sensation of my thoughts slipping into the ether. Fuck me does that feel good.

By *iss.Bella.Woman
5 weeks ago

North Wales

I once was a "just do it" person. I'm not quite sure what happened but now I overthink and talk myself out of lots of opportunities

By *red333Man
5 weeks ago

Dorchester

"Are you the type of person to strike while the iron is hot ? Or do you procrastinate and overthink the situation and then watch a chance pass you by?

In other words, Do you talk yourself out of opportunities to avoid the risk of failure and things going wrong, or do you go with the flow and see what happens?

I’m starting to think about the sliding doors scenarios I’ve left behind over the last couple of years. Here’s to the future. "

I'm not at all bothered to fail especially as you get older your chances of failure increase

By *ex HolesMan
5 weeks ago

Up North

The mountain cums to Mohammed

By *eeliciouschaosWoman
5 weeks ago

Wherever

Let me overthink this…

By *igronnie89Man
5 weeks ago

near you

"I once was a "just do it" person. I'm not quite sure what happened but now I overthink and talk myself out of lots of opportunities "

More than likely the axiety takes over.

By *kphooeyMan
5 weeks ago

Finchley

Are we meant to be seizing the day? I like the general banter and taking the piss. Gosh if someone were to ask me for a meet I would have to go UNLOS.

By *igronnie89Man
5 weeks ago

near you

"Let me overthink this… "

By *oyoteUglyWoman
5 weeks ago

somewhere

"Are we meant to be seizing the day? I like the general banter and taking the piss. Gosh if someone were to ask me for a meet I would have to go UNLOS."

Me too. Oh wait

By *ot to giggleWoman
5 weeks ago

Coventry

do it - then over think it but dont it anyway

By *igronnie89Man
5 weeks ago

near you

"do it - then over think it but dont it anyway "

Sometimes we just got to take a chance

By *eliWoman
5 weeks ago

I used to overthink. Talk myself out of things, situations and experiences because I'd think no Meli, nothing good will come from it because it's you.

And then I realised that's utter nonsense and now I say fuck it more often than not and go for it.

Am I worried that things might not always work out for me? Sure, when I'm hormonal and overthinking my existence. But then I remember how much happiness I'm potentially robbing myself of. I messaged someone. There's a whole long story there but I wasn't about to let it pass by another time.

I'm really glad that I'm now in a place where I do go for it. Even if it's a bit scary, even if things don't work out, I've tried and I'm really enjoying the experience.

By *kphooeyMan
5 weeks ago

Finchley

"Are we meant to be seizing the day? I like the general banter and taking the piss. Gosh if someone were to ask me for a meet I would have to go UNLOS.

Me too. Oh wait"

No, we have already lost Raven and Elf and...

By *wiss Army KnifeMan
5 weeks ago

Second star to the right…

"Are we meant to be seizing the day? I like the general banter and taking the piss. Gosh if someone were to ask me for a meet I would have to go UNLOS.

Me too. Oh wait

No, we have already lost Raven and Elf and..."

So we have a boomerang here, never would of guessed

By *kphooeyMan
5 weeks ago

Finchley

Me too. Oh wait

So we have a boomerang here, never would of guessed "

Some of us are addicts.

I have been trying to set up a group like AA for FAB members, but it just turns into an orgy - so I gave up.

By *oyoteUglyWoman
5 weeks ago

somewhere

Me too. Oh wait

No, we have already lost Raven and Elf and..."

They weren't very nice to be fair.

By *kphooeyMan
5 weeks ago

Finchley

Me too. Oh wait

They weren't very nice to be fair."

Elf was quite sweet, but Raven was one mean bitch with a sharp tongue

By *wiss Army KnifeMan
5 weeks ago

Second star to the right…

Me too. Oh wait

They weren't very nice to be fair.

Elf was quite sweet, but Raven was one mean bitch with a sharp tongue "

I am guessing these three people were one and the same….interesting

Possibly a DID case!!

By *ittlemissmistressKCouple
5 weeks ago

Southampton

"Are you the type of person to strike while the iron is hot ? Or do you procrastinate and overthink the situation and then watch a chance pass you by?

I’m starting to think about the sliding doors scenarios I’ve left behind over the last couple of years. Here’s to the future. "

Procrastinator extraordinaire here...I've taken a leap of faith before and had my fingers burned so I'm not exactly in a hurry to repeat that experience

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
5 weeks ago

Leeds

If you don’t ask you’ll never know.

Am I man who like to know where I stand, if I don’t, I’ll ask, even if it’s an uncomfortable question. Plus uncomfortable questions are a good way to gauge someone’s bullshit’o’Meter.

The mr.

By *4bimMan
5 weeks ago

Farnborough Hampshire

Overthink.

It's a problem

By *rsKOTCTWoman
5 weeks ago

Leeds

A bit of both, I can be a chronic overthinker then I also have my fuck it days.

By *ARPMAN66Man
5 days ago

Stafford

I’m definitely an overthinker

By *oody B OP   Man
5 days ago

"I’m definitely an overthinker "

It took 4 weeks for you to answer…. I take your point.

By *allerthanaverage79Man
5 days ago

Ayrshire

As the phrase ends, "there is no try!", much like English rugby!

By *ARPMAN66Man
5 days ago

Stafford

"I’m definitely an overthinker

It took 4 weeks for you to answer…. I take your point. "

Only just saw this post lol

By *quirrel!Man
5 days ago

L

"I once was a "just do it" person. I'm not quite sure what happened but now I overthink and talk myself out of lots of opportunities "

Nike took your slogan!

By *rHotNottsMan
5 days ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I can be quite impulsive and spontaneous but when it’s big stuff deliberative. But I won’t ever procrastinate, I will decide by when I will make a decision, what I need to do in between and then do it.

By *rHotNottsMan
5 days ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I don’t know if it helps but I do future visualisation, there is a great primer called Imaginable. It’s a good start In making up your own future. Personally I think going with the flow, it’s worse than procrastination, you are in the energy of everything and everybody control you

By *oadsafun1960Man
5 days ago

Somerset & Hertfordshire

It depends on the situation, if the decision is serious and involves life changing implications, especially if that decision involves another person, then surely you have to think long and hard about it even at the risk of missing out.

If it's right the other person will support you no matter how long you take if not they probably wouldn't have anyway.

But everyday situations hell yeah just jump in with both feet and take what comes!

Post new Message to Thread