Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

sexism in the media

Jump to newest

By *eavenNhell OP   Couple
over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

Saw the new bertoli advert for the first time and whilst I did find it amusing I did wonder if along with the recent diet add the rules were reversed and a female was the victim how much of an outcry there would be ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Political correctness... As long as men are the subject it's cool. It's mental.

over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

"Political correctness... As long as men are the subject it's cool. It's mental."
exactly the same in soaps comedys and dramas men portayed as emasculated wimps or arrogent misogynistic bullys then they wonder why the only positive male role models young men see are arogent footballers .

over a year ago

"Political correctness... As long as men are the subject it's cool. It's mental.exactly the same in soaps comedys and dramas men portayed as emasculated wimps or arrogent misogynistic bullys then they wonder why the only positive male role models young men see are arogent footballers ."

Maybe fictional TV soaps and comedies aren't the place to be looking for the role models?

over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

"Political correctness... As long as men are the subject it's cool. It's mental.exactly the same in soaps comedys and dramas men portayed as emasculated wimps or arrogent misogynistic bullys then they wonder why the only positive male role models young men see are arogent footballers .

Maybe fictional TV soaps and comedies aren't the place to be looking for the role models?"

but unfortunatly too many "parents" are to happy to leave the tv to edjucate and inform there kids its the electric many that costs nothing .soaps and celleb lifestyles are plastered all over the tv print media and tinterweb so its difficult to avoid .pop culture doesent help with misogynistic videos promoting "rap/rock " stars as somebody young males should look up to and aspire to be

By *or Fox SakeCouple
over a year ago

Thornaby

"Political correctness... As long as men are the subject it's cool. It's mental."

Nail on the head, see also Asda and M&S's disgraceful attitude in sponsoring Mumsnet

over a year ago

"Political correctness... As long as men are the subject it's cool. It's mental.exactly the same in soaps comedys and dramas men portayed as emasculated wimps or arrogent misogynistic bullys then they wonder why the only positive male role models young men see are arogent footballers ."

And of course, the roided up heroes of the latest Hollywood superhero/fantasy/sword and sandals blockbuster.

over a year ago

"Saw the new bertoli advert for the first time and whilst I did find it amusing I did wonder if along with the recent diet add the rules were reversed and a female was the victim how much of an outcry there would be ?"

I feel the same sense of insult when washing powder adverts feature some clueless bloke who needs to be handheld to put the washing on. I do it in our house as I'm home earlier than Siren is. I tend to do most of the ironing too (the kid's clothes anyway, she can iron her own stuff as I can't stand all the frilly edges to her tops etc)

Post new Message to Thread