FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Why is it mainly white men that are bi curious or bisexual ?

Jump to newest

By *oveToPlay. OP   Couple
16 weeks ago

Yorkshire

Hey you lovely lot

Hope you're all having a wonderful Sunday

I've been attracted to bi men for many, many years but often find that it is predominantly white men that are bi.

I adore so many differing cultures and races but struggling to find any that are bi.

It's got me wondering why? Am I just unlucky in not finding these guys or is there a reasoning behind it?

Sarah xxx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *eordieJeansCouple
16 weeks ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Possibly cultural differences. Especially among men from more religious parts of the world.

16 weeks ago

Yorkshire

"Possibly cultural differences. Especially among men from more religious parts of the world."

Thanks for responding, think you may be right - didn't think about the religious aspect

S xxx

By *iberatedduoCouple
16 weeks ago

Ashbourne

It may appear to be prodominantly white but from my own experience I have met 2 Asian guys on different occasions who identify as bi. They are not necessarily as open about it.

By (user no longer on site)
16 weeks ago

Would love more black guys to find! Definitely not enough options for us male bbc lovers

16 weeks ago

Yorkshire

"It may appear to be prodominantly white but from my own experience I have met 2 Asian guys on different occasions who identify as bi. They are not necessarily as open about it. "

That's really encouraging to know they are out there - may be a little hidden, but there

S xxx

16 weeks ago

Yorkshire

"Would love more black guys to find! Definitely not enough options for us male bbc lovers"

I don't necessarily find an attraction to black guys just because they are renowned for being well endowed - I really love there vibe in general

S xxx

By *eroLondonMan
16 weeks ago

Mayfair

Well, my two little frisky foxes, over in the Punjab we have tried mercilessly to get a few of the Sikhs to embrace a few kinks and augment their sexual persuasion. It seems that, like the worm, they just won't turn.

#TurbanMyth.

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
16 weeks ago

Carlisle usually

Certain cultures are easier to be openly outside what is considered normal in. I imagine that could be a relevant factor.

I tend to only meet white bi men, but then I'm in a severely white area, and ethnic diversity is very poorly represented in my local area.

By *laveboy1959Man
16 weeks ago

Leamington Spa

Some guys I know have to keep it quiet. If people in their culture found out they would be in serious physical danger. Even in this day and age. Maybe particularly in this day and age.

By *ango and gashCouple
16 weeks ago

bilston

Asian guys mostly say straight,but get talking to em and they don't mind there cocks sucked off by a guy ,

16 weeks ago

Yorkshire

"Asian guys mostly say straight,but get talking to em and they don't mind there cocks sucked off by a guy ,"

I think this applies to quite a few straight guys whatever their race- not what we are looking for. Attracted to guys who are comfortable being bi curious / bi sexual, even if it is behing closed doors as such

S xxx

16 weeks ago

Yorkshire

"Certain cultures are easier to be openly outside what is considered normal in. I imagine that could be a relevant factor.

I tend to only meet white bi men, but then I'm in a severely white area, and ethnic diversity is very poorly represented in my local area."

We live in a really diverse area culturally and accepting of all sexualities, which is great but still seems like stigmas, cultural differences, religious beliefs are a driving factor in it being predominantly white guys

S xxx

16 weeks ago

Yorkshire

"Some guys I know have to keep it quiet. If people in their culture found out they would be in serious physical danger. Even in this day and age. Maybe particularly in this day and age. "

This makes me really sad! I so wish it wasn't this way

S xxx

By *oeBeansMan
16 weeks ago

Derby

"Possibly cultural differences. Especially among men from more religious parts of the world."

Oh it's absolutely this. You won't find many openly bi men in certain cultures, not just because of religion, but because of the criminal repercussions that were (and in some cases still are) in place.

16 weeks ago

Try looking beyond fab

By *orksguy1965Man
16 weeks ago

Howden

I play bi but keep quite about it.

16 weeks ago

Yorkshire

"Possibly cultural differences. Especially among men from more religious parts of the world.

Oh it's absolutely this. You won't find many openly bi men in certain cultures, not just because of religion, but because of the criminal repercussions that were (and in some cases still are) in place."

It honestly makes me so sad to think that we're still no where near the level of acceptance that we think we are.

S xxx

16 weeks ago

Also I’d imagine that globally your presumption is wrong. Lots of factors impacting your experience in Britain. Obviously population size. But bi men will exist across all races. Why would they not?

16 weeks ago

Yorkshire

"Try looking beyond fab

"

Think we will, its just a matter of knowing where to look

S xxx

16 weeks ago

Yorkshire

"I play bi but keep quite about it."

Why do you keep quiet about it ?

S xxx

16 weeks ago

[Removed by poster at 26/05/24 17:29:36]

By *annibal_LickedherMan
16 weeks ago

The Side of the Mersey

"I play bi but keep quite about it."

Doesn’t really answer the OP’s question though does it? If you are actually bi, why hide it?

Having played as a couple in the last, my experience is that people who say they are bi but won’t have it in their profile tend to say it so they can get into the female half of the couple and they bottle it when there’s M/M contact.

In answer to the OP’s question, I think it comes down to culture, and a macho attitude. Even in the modern world there is a stigma attached to gay/bi men.

16 weeks ago

Yorkshire

"Also I’d imagine that globally your presumption is wrong. Lots of factors impacting your experience in Britain. Obviously population size. But bi men will exist across all races. Why would they not?"

I agree with you, I think my wording is incorrect in my original post - I more meant guys who are openly bi

S xxx

By *alm_one4Man
16 weeks ago

RM16

I’m not convinced. The majority of profiles on here are single white males, so it would seem logical that they would make up the majority of Bi-Guys (or any other sub section).

16 weeks ago

Yorkshire

"I play bi but keep quite about it.

Doesn’t really answer the OP’s question though does it? If you are actually bi, why hide it?

Having played as a couple in the last, my experience is that people who say they are bi but won’t have it in their profile tend to say it so they can get into the female half of the couple and they bottle it when there’s M/M contact.

In answer to the OP’s question, I think it comes down to culture, and a macho attitude. Even in the modern world there is a stigma attached to gay/bi men. "

We've experienced this. Even had guys change their sexuality on fab whilst they are messaging us only to put it back to straight.

I do understand the need for some men to feel they need to hide it due to stigmas still prevalent in today's society, especially in vanilla life

S xxx

By *glyBettyTV/TS
16 weeks ago

About 3 feet away from the fence

It's probably cultural. Western men are more exposed to....let's just say "alternate" lifestyles as opposed to those from other backgrounds, and so are less likely to repress it if they feel that way inclined.

What I will say is that is out of the bi/gay men I've known, I've noticed its the white ones who are more likely to be versatile or bottoms.

By *mie subCDTV/TS
16 weeks ago

Doncaster

There is quite a few on fab guys

16 weeks ago

Yorkshire

"There is quite a few on fab guys "

Think we may set up an account- thank you

S xxx

16 weeks ago

I agree, probably a loose use of the bbc. I love everything about them??

I just wish there was more opportunities to meet, ratio is well low

By *mie subCDTV/TS
16 weeks ago

Doncaster

No problem I find them so hot too x

By *glyBettyTV/TS
16 weeks ago

It is also true that this website doesn't really represent an accurate cross section of the entire bi/gay community.

If you use another kind of app that I can't name, & go online in London or Birmingham, you'll probably find you'll see more ethnic variety.

By *rill PhilMan
16 weeks ago

Crediton

To be fair... If you live in a majority white country, you're bound to find the majority of almost all non-racially specific demographics are going to be white.

So, is it that white people are more likely to be bi/bi-curious, or is it simply a byproduct of living in a majority white country?

That's my question.

16 weeks ago

Yorkshire

"It is also true that this website doesn't really represent an accurate cross section of the entire bi/gay community.

If you use another kind of app that I can't name, & go online in London or Birmingham, you'll probably find you'll see more ethnic variety."

Agree that this site does not represent the entire bi/gay community.

I was more talking from my experience when attending bi/gay nights in Leeds and the use of fab - fully agree that this is a very narrow view of the wider community.

S xxx

By *uffolkcouple-bi onlyCouple
16 weeks ago

West Suffolk

I don’t think the bi community demographics are significantly different to society as a whole. Yes there are religious considerations sometimes, but in our experience, religion tends to go out the window when a cock gets hard.

16 weeks ago

Yorkshire

"To be fair... If you live in a majority white country, you're bound to find the majority of almost all non-racially specific demographics are going to be white.

So, is it that white people are more likely to be bi/bi-curious, or is it simply a byproduct of living in a majority white country?

That's my question."

From reading responses so far on this thread I think white people don't have as many cultural or religious constraints- so may be more able to be open.

However as Stephen Pickle said that doesn't mean that there isn't an equally average number of bi men from all backgrounds

S xxx

By *rill PhilMan
16 weeks ago

Crediton

"To be fair... If you live in a majority white country, you're bound to find the majority of almost all non-racially specific demographics are going to be white.

That's my question.

From reading responses so far on this thread I think white people don't have as many cultural or religious constraints- so may be more able to be open.

However as Stephen Pickle said that doesn't mean that there isn't an equally average number of bi men from all backgrounds

S xxx"

I'm far from convinced that sexuality is a result of social conditioning.

For one thing, I find it unlikely that we would see homosexual activity in animals if that were the case.

However, I'm very confident that of you went to a majority black country (for example) you'd find the majority of bisexual men would be black. I mean, it stands to reason.

16 weeks ago

Yorkshire

That's my question.

S xxx

Absolutely agree- however the ability to be open about it is a result of social conditioning, cultural and religious views/beliefs.

For one thing, I find it unlikely that we would see homosexual activity in animals if that were the case.

Little lost as to what this comment was meant to mean

However, I'm very confident that of you went to a majority black country (for example) you'd find the majority of bisexual men would be black. I mean, it stands to reason."

Well of course, but would the percentage compared to that of a western country be similar?

By *inosaur PantsMan
16 weeks ago

Stourbridge

It's not something I've ever really thought about tbh and my only real insight is this.

I love a bit of D

16 weeks ago

Yorkshire

"It's not something I've ever really thought about tbh and my only real insight is this.

I love a bit of D "

By *rill PhilMan
16 weeks ago

Crediton

That's my question.

S xxx

Absolutely agree- however the ability to be open about it is a result of social conditioning, cultural and religious views/beliefs.

However, I'm very confident that of you went to a majority black country (for example) you'd find the majority of bisexual men would be black. I mean, it stands to reason.

Well of course, but would the percentage compared to that of a western country be similar? "

Now THAT is an interesting question. I doubt the research has been done. I don't see any evidence to indicate the percentage wouldn't be similar.

Though, I'd would rely on people being honest and not hiding their sexuality for their safety. (I would imagine finding out this information in Iran or Saudi Arabia would be hard as it would potentially be a death sentence for those who are prepared to declare their non-straight sexualities.)

I dunno.

But, even if there were significant differences, it still doesn't necessarily indicate the cause being social or societal. I think same sex interactions in animals kind of blows the 'sexuality as a result of conditioning' argument.

16 weeks ago

Yorkshire

That's my question.

S xxx

Well of course, but would the percentage compared to that of a western country be similar?

Now THAT is an interesting question. I doubt the research has been done. I don't see any evidence to indicate the percentage wouldn't be similar.

Though, I'd would rely on people being honest and not hiding their sexuality for their safety. (I would imagine finding out this information in Iran or Saudi Arabia would be hard as it would potentially be a death sentence for those who are prepared to declare their non-straight sexualities.)

I dunno.

But, even if there were significant differences, it still doesn't necessarily indicate the cause being social or societal. I think same sex interactions in animals kind of blows the 'sexuality as a result of conditioning' argument. "

Yeah I agreed with you about sexuality not been a result of conditioning- however being open about it, is

By *essTTWoman
16 weeks ago

Birmingham

That's my question."

This

If you check the consensus you'll find that black groups and Asian groups actually make up a very small % of the UK

By *rill PhilMan
16 weeks ago

Crediton

That's my question.

S xxx

I dunno.

But, even if there were significant differences, it still doesn't necessarily indicate the cause being social or societal. I think same sex interactions in animals kind of blows the 'sexuality as a result of conditioning' argument.

Yeah I agreed with you about sexuality not been a result of conditioning- however being open about it, is "

I totally agree that being open about sexuality certainly a result conditioning. For all the shit white people get for being generally bigoted, it does seem that it's the majority white countries that are more accepting and open.

Thing is, what people are open about doesn't actually change the reality so, I'm not sure how it's actually relevant?

16 weeks ago

Yorkshire

That's my question.

S xxx

I dunno.

Yeah I agreed with you about sexuality not been a result of conditioning- however being open about it, is

I totally agree that being open about sexuality certainly a result conditioning. For all the shit white people get for being generally bigoted, it does seem that it's the majority white countries that are more accepting and open.

Thing is, what people are open about doesn't actually change the reality so, I'm not sure how it's actually relevant?"

It's relevant when you are looking to meet bi men but the majority or a large number aren't openly bi it makes it a little tricky

By *rill PhilMan
16 weeks ago

Crediton

That's my question.

S xxx

I dunno.

Thing is, what people are open about doesn't actually change the reality so, I'm not sure how it's actually relevant?

It's relevant when you are looking to meet bi men but the majority or a large number aren't openly bi it makes it a little tricky "

Well yes, it relevant to you personally but, not to the broader question of is bi-curiousness more prevalent amongst white people and of so, is it because of social conditioning.

Unless you're considering single handedly change the social conditioning in those communities?

16 weeks ago

Yorkshire

That's my question.

S xxx

I dunno.

It's relevant when you are looking to meet bi men but the majority or a large number aren't openly bi it makes it a little tricky

Well yes, it relevant to you personally but, not to the broader question of is bi-curiousness more prevalent amongst white people and of so, is it because of social conditioning.

Unless you're considering single handedly change the social conditioning in those communities?"

Of course I'm talking from a personal point of view! That's why I posted a thread asking if I was just being unlucky or if there was a reasoning behind it.

I didn't mention it due to be social conditioning , I only agreed that I could see that cultural and/or religious views could have an impact.

I'm not in any way saying or stating that I want to change social conditioning in communities- I think you're getting a little off topic here!

By *melia DominaTV/TS
16 weeks ago

Edinburgh (She/Her)

" It's got me wondering why?

"

In simple terms. FAB is predominantly white Caucasian and male gender.

So the percentage of bi white males will be greater than other Caucasians and genders.

It's my logical brain..

16 weeks ago

"Would love more black guys to find! Definitely not enough options for us male bbc lovers

I don't necessarily find an attraction to black guys just because they are renowned for being well endowed - I really love there vibe in general

S xxx"

By *idnight RamblerMan
16 weeks ago

Pershore

In UK? because 83% are white maybe?

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
16 weeks ago

little house on the praire

In all my years I've only met a few black bi guys and even less gay ones

I've never ever been with or met on the scence a gay or bi Asian guys. Doesn't say they don't exist thats just my experience

By *glyBettyTV/TS
16 weeks ago

"I'm far from convinced that sexuality is a result of social conditioning.

For one thing, I find it unlikely that we would see homosexual activity in animals if that were the case."

I don't think anyone claimed sexuality was a result of social conditioning, but clearly it plays a part in how a lot of people express their sexuality, especially if it's a proclivity which has been traditionally frowned upon.

Some people come from cultural backgrounds where homosexuality is ILLEGAL in the place where they or their parents/grandparents came from, this is clearly going to have an effect in how open some people are going to be about expressing it.

By *lowupdollTV/TS
16 weeks ago

S. Herts

I get messages from white and black guys so I don’t recognise there is less bi black men.

By *otcleanguyMan
3 weeks ago

Singapore

Late to this thread but bisexual man and not white here

By *usie pTV/TS
3 weeks ago

taunton

I think Sarah could persuade most red bloodied men to indulge in a little bi activity if that is her want.

By *s-two-75Couple
3 weeks ago

[Removed by poster at 31/08/24 09:25:24]

By *s-two-75Couple
3 weeks ago

"Hey you lovely lot

I've been attracted to bi men for many, many years but often find that it is predominantly white men that are bi.

I adore so many differing cultures and races but struggling to find any that are bi.

It's got me wondering why? Am I just unlucky in not finding these guys or is there a reasoning behind it?

Sarah xxx

"

Probably a lot of them are rather fab straight on here?

The bi and gay saunas there are usually a fair few about..

Like someone said probably cultural and not as acceptable for them x

By *rsKOTCTWoman
3 weeks ago

Leeds

"Hey you lovely lot

Sarah xxx

"

Tried to message you guys regarding Leeds social but can't as not a SS.

By *inaTitzTV/TS
3 weeks ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

If my inbox is any guide, then in private, there is no difference in the percentage of guys of any colour who are interested in broadening their horizons.

By *ikesEmBigMan
3 weeks ago

Herts

"Hey you lovely lot

Sarah xxx

"

I'm guessing because over 80% of the country are white?

By *ymClassDropoutMan
3 weeks ago

Berkshire

I am non Caucasian and bi-curious so we do exist.

By *erfHerder74Man
3 weeks ago

Greenock

I’ve noticed that a lot, to me it doesn’t matter what skin colour you are but I would love to date different skin colour men or meet them.

I like accents and different cultures a lot.

By *aiducMan
3 weeks ago

Chelmsford

Like others have already said, I think it's more a reflection of the percentage of whites in the UK compared to other ethnicities.

I've met plenty of non-white bi men.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
3 weeks ago

Central

Social influence is a big thing.

There are people who will have sex with the same gender, including straight men who let themselves. But there are people who are curious, bi and likely some gay ones who won't let themselves, probably due to social influence

We saw it in western society when people married the opposite gender who were gay because of it . That was the norm . Obviously that's not been exclusive to the west

Certain situations have been more open to same gender sex, typically when isolated together/can't readily get the opposite gender. They may or may not alter their self-perception.

Like it or not - and I think most of us don't - there's still massive influence from culture upon people today. In the UK, regressive influences are still stronger upon ethnic minorities . And fewer of then identify publically as bi or gay, than they could, without those pressures.

Post new Message to Thread