Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

On line safety

Jump to newest

By *ot to giggle OP   Woman
2 weeks ago

Coventry

Sorry Tom ... Kids are actively accessing internet contents that is harmful - algorithms can be used to help protect them and the families of children that have taken their own lives are demanding changes in the way children are allowed access to these different apps. How much duty of care do the social media sites have to their service users? Do you think changes will happen?

I personally think it is frightening the about of content children have access to, which includes things like suicide sites on the dark web.

Yep its all over the new!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By * man -Man
2 weeks ago

Bath

Has Tom hacked your account?

By * man -Man
2 weeks ago

Bath

I think we give our kids a phone they never even needed and then we complain that they have a phone and use a phone.

Kids don’t need phones! Phones are potential portable speedophiles! I learned this when an adult man with a username of Kinky Daddy was trying to message my daughter who was 11 at the time on a “children’s game”

Sad times!

2 weeks ago

Coventry

"I think we give our kids a phone they never even needed and then we complain that they have a phone and use a phone.

Kids don’t need phones! Phones are potential portable speedophiles! I learned this when an adult man with a username of Kinky Daddy was trying to message my daughter who was 11 at the time on a “children’s game”

Sad times!

"

and yet they are encouraged to do more and more research for school on line - i see usage is going to grow not decrease.

By *oyoteUglyWoman
2 weeks ago

somewhere

As much as I think social media has to play their part, so do the parents. Too many just give their kids a phone to keep them busy while the parents are on theirs.

By * man -Man
2 weeks ago

Bath

"I think we give our kids a phone they never even needed and then we complain that they have a phone and use a phone.

Sad times!

and yet they are encouraged to do more and more research for school on line - i see usage is going to grow not decrease. "

£££ innit

2 weeks ago

Coventry

"As much as I think social media has to play their part, so do the parents. Too many just give their kids a phone to keep them busy while the parents are on theirs. "

there are a lot of parents that are not tech savvy, I have spoken to families about parental controls on devices and the kids come and put them on for the parents !! yep that not going to work

also there are a cohort of clever sods out there that can do a work around the controls - I think parents are on a back foot here

By *oyoteUglyWoman
2 weeks ago

somewhere

"As much as I think social media has to play their part, so do the parents. Too many just give their kids a phone to keep them busy while the parents are on theirs.

there are a lot of parents that are not tech savvy, I have spoken to families about parental controls on devices and the kids come and put them on for the parents !! yep that not going to work

also there are a cohort of clever sods out there that can do a work around the controls - I think parents are on a back foot here "

There's primary age kids with phones. They don't need them.

Kids that take their phone to bed.

Kids that play online games and talk to strangers.

It's not hard as a parent to control any of that.

Post new Message to Thread