Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

London stabbings

Jump to newest

By *ong-leggedblond OP   Woman
22 weeks ago

Next Door

Thoughts are with the injured in the latest stabbings.

It's seeming to be getting more and more common these sort of horrid events.

I get people with mental health issues aren't getting enough support etc, but is something else missing.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
22 weeks ago

A few parts of their mind are missing.

Brain washed

Gaming is terrible for knives.

By *ora the explorerWoman
22 weeks ago

Paradise, Herts

So awful. It was a sword I think!

By (user no longer on site)
22 weeks ago

"A few parts of their mind are missing.

Brain washed

Gaming is terrible for knives."

Hasn’t the idea that violent gaming contributes as a factor for violence actually been disproven

By *red333Man
22 weeks ago

Dorchester

People have been stabbed in london since the year dot its not news really don't know why that would interest anyone.

By *elticGent2024Man
22 weeks ago

Kempston

"

I get people with mental health issues aren't getting enough support etc, but is something else missing.

"

Many things are missing!

In the last decade and a half government spending on public services has been reduced to levels where it’s collapsing and failing society.

Anyone with mental health issues relying on NHS-provided care have a very long wait… years most likely… and often too long / late to prevent a crisis.

Police budgets and numbers are significantly below what’s required to police effectively. (Have you ever called 999 only to join a queue before being answered? I have!) Police have been dealt a really bad hand such that they are set up to fail. We don’t here when they prevent crime but once one incident occurs… it’s all their fault.

The courts and criminal justice system is equally cash starved, overloaded and under performing as is the prison service.

Then you’ve got the marginalisation of people in society and you get a perfect storm…

By *heelerMan
22 weeks ago

Northants

"Thoughts are with the injured in the latest stabbings.

It's seeming to be getting more and more common these sort of horrid events.

"

Feel sorry for the victims and its a disease across the country,tougher sentences are required for anyone carrying a knife in public.

Unfortunately Conservative will highlight and make it headline news because of elections on Thursday ,but 20,000 less experienced police and 100 police stations closed by Boris Johnson

By *ssex_tomMan
22 weeks ago

Chelmsford

It will be another ' lessons learned'scenario.. but sadly they never are.

Post new Message to Thread