FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

I am getting seriously bollixed off by…..

Jump to newest

By *ig bad OP   Man
over a year ago

Up North :-)

Council forms and other items in 12 languages! FFs we are English and if you cant read English then you should either learn it or naff off !!

Even the note on my wheely bin was in Arabic as well as English! Is it just me this irritates??

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

no

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"no"

x2

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Council forms and other items in 12 languages! FFs we are English and if you cant read English then you should either learn it or naff off !!

Even the note on my wheely bin was in Arabic as well as English! Is it just me this irritates??

"

dont start me on this!!!!

By *aravancoupleMan
over a year ago

A Secret Hideaway In the caravan of love

Think it naffs most people off

over a year ago

You don't really believe that it costs £1,200 x 2-300,000 to provide a few wheelie bins and empty them do you?

Or that county police forces need that kind of money to set a few radar speed traps?

Or public libraries need that much money to track down missing books from 1976?

Ya gotta think laterally here... Who's using the council tax money, who are they accountable to, and who sets the rates for the following year?

By *ig bad OP   Man
over a year ago

Id live with it if the fekkers rang my bell and asked if they could empty my bin.!!

As for the library thing! Well my bro is banned from 6 library’s. I suspect most wanted on the UK library black list.

over a year ago

"Id live with it if the fekkers rang my bell and asked if they could empty my bin.!!

As for the library thing! Well my bro is banned from 6 library’s. I suspect most wanted on the UK library black list.

"

Ah.. gone are the days when they'd climb mountains to get to your bin on collection day... also gone are the days they knock on the door for their Christmas Box... coz I'd tell the lazy bastards to fuck off!

By *ig bad OP   Man
over a year ago

"Id live with it if the fekkers rang my bell and asked if they could empty my bin.!!

Ah.. gone are the days when they'd climb mountains to get to your bin on collection day... also gone are the days they knock on the door for their Christmas Box... coz I'd tell the lazy bastards to fuck off! "

We still have metal bins up ere for T ash tha knows. And T lazy fekkers won't empty em!

over a year ago

Ah.. gone are the days when they'd climb mountains to get to your bin on collection day... also gone are the days they knock on the door for their Christmas Box... coz I'd tell the lazy bastards to fuck off!

We still have metal bins up ere for T ash tha knows. And T lazy fekkers won't empty em! "

We got a back service alley and I'm soooo tempted to park me feckin car down there on collection day and then piss off to the pub.

By *ig bad OP   Man
over a year ago

They might take the car! But would be fun to watch them cuss

By *uton_coupleCouple
over a year ago

luton

"Council forms and other items in 12 languages! FFs we are English and if you cant read English then you should either learn it or naff off !!

"

it is a bit irritating

you dont get it in any other country i can think of

the USA does have a lot of signs etc etc that are also in spanish , but thats all i can think of other than wales

but its so easy to forget we live in a multicultural society nowdays

that means that when the arab looks on his bin and sees that the info is also in english , it pisses HIM off

over the years it has crept up on us but slowly slowly slowly , over time that is where we now are

be it adverts on tv , newscasters , tv proggrames , the houses of parliament , the house of lords , in the workplace , you name it ............

theres a mirriad of rainbow colors and cultures that make up the population of the UK

those of us that have a family history going back generations of being domiciled in the UK are going to become one of the minoritys

we are just going to have to get used to it

in Luton i can walk to the town in 15 minutes , if i stopped every one that passed me on the way and asked them what the time was i honestly dont think i would get two cognicent answers out of a hundred

as there would not be one native britain out of any of them

the same can be said of many other towns in the UK

there are many places that are not like that YET but in time they will be

just like i mentioned in a recent thread about immigrants , they will not want to pick potatoes untill they retire at 65 , they will aspire to other employment like being a chartered accountent etc etc and do that work at half the wages

the same applies to those lovly thatched cottages in the villages , and lovly places like henley on thames , they are also now very slowly becoming multicultural because people have a right to aspire to such places as opposed to the crap hole i live in at Luton

so it seems we will just have to get used to all these different languages on dustbins and forms , we will have to like it or lump it

By *artin216Man
over a year ago

Spilsby

Doesnt actually bother me at all....all very multicultural...cant see why people dont just get over it, its all part of globalisation....

over a year ago

"

no comprenda

over a year ago

We have to take three bins on different days 100 yards up our drive to the main road for them to collect. A green one for general rubbish, a brown one for recycling and a small green one for food waste. Then during the summer there's special green bags for garden waste ... put the grass in a binliner and they leave it and put a sarcastic note through your door .......... fascists

over a year ago

"Doesnt actually bother me at all....all very multicultural...cant see why people dont just get over it, its all part of globalisation.... "

me too

in my family we have african,indian,south american and european ethnic origins,if we had excluded all these people my family as it is wouldnt exist ...its one world .....

By *prite128Woman
over a year ago

maidstone

"Doesnt actually bother me at all....all very multicultural...cant see why people dont just get over it, its all part of globalisation.... "

have to say it doesnt bug me either, other things do but not this. I enjoy the positive aspects of living in a country which has the diversity it does

over a year ago

There's been a lot of these National Front , Jingoistic , Xenophobic , non English hating threads of late.

I wouldn't mind if we weren't all decended from Germans, Saxons, Romans... We've only been English for the flutter of an eyelid .... Come to think of it .... the numbers we use are Arabic ... christianity came with the roman invasion .. Scots n Welsh were pushed to the peripheries.. etc, etc, etc, Since the dawn of time ... While im thinking about it ? Do you eat curry ? Visit a Chinese ? Order a Pizza .... Use the toilet .... Seems some folk really think that England does everything for the rest of the world .... it's the other way round.

By *prite128Woman
over a year ago

maidstone

though dont get me started on people who stop at the top of escalators to decide which direction they are going in .............

over a year ago

No, and I get pissed off by immigrants who do not or refuse integrate, especially the younger ones.

I can appreciate it is more difficult for the older peeps to integrate due to difficulties in learning a new language or change their habits and lifestyles.

There is no excuse for the younger peeps not to integrate IMHO!

I made the decision that UK will be my home over 30y ago when I first set foot in the country, and have made the efforts to integrate.

I never feel the need to hold on to my heritage or the need to mingle with the Chinese community all the years I have been here.

May be I am just weird and not a particularly traditional Chinese!

over a year ago

"though dont get me started on people who stop at the top of escalators to decide which direction they are going in ............. "

Err i have that problem pmsl but i am a little thick lol xx

By *artin216Man
over a year ago

Spilsby

"No, and I get pissed off by immigrants who do not or refuse integrate, especially the younger ones.

I can appreciate it is more difficult for the older peeps to integrate due to difficulties in learning a new language or change their habits and lifestyles.

There is no excuse for the younger peeps not to integrate IMHO!

I made the decision that UK will be my home over 30y ago when I first set foot in the country, and have made the efforts to integrate.

I never feel the need to hold on to my heritage or the need to mingle with the Chinese community all the years I have been here.

May be I am just weird and not a particularly traditional Chinese! "

People usually feel more comfortable in familiar groups when threatened, the 20th century immigrants werent exactly made to feel welcome, so formed communities as a form of protection from xenophobia this made it much harder to integrate.

Now its the xenophobes who are grouping as they feel threatened....

over a year ago

My parents were very happy in Jamacia when an English official came to their parish begging for help in rebuilding Britain after the war. They were made to feel they were helping the Empire as BRITISH citizens. They happily came and bless them were confused at the hatred shown towards them by people asking for help. I remember asking my dad once why he put up with such rudeness, nothing worst than watching your parents being insulted by people for doing nothing more than being black, he said, you don't insult people in their home. You dont invite people to your 'home' and insult them. You dont invite people in and then start complaining. I find the OP likes to post these kinds of threads. I could say more but why bother?!! Karma is such a Bitch!

over a year ago

" There's been a lot of these National Front , Jingoistic , Xenophobic , non English hating threads of late.

I wouldn't mind if we weren't all decended from Germans, Saxons, Romans... We've only been English for the flutter of an eyelid .... Come to think of it .... the numbers we use are Arabic ... christianity came with the roman invasion .. Scots n Welsh were pushed to the peripheries.. etc, etc, etc, Since the dawn of time ... While im thinking about it ? Do you eat curry ? Visit a Chinese ? Order a Pizza .... Use the toilet .... Seems some folk really think that England does everything for the rest of the world .... it's the other way round.

"

I've noticed it too perhaps some people are not getting laid enough and that's down to immigrants too!

over a year ago

" There's been a lot of these National Front , Jingoistic , Xenophobic , non English hating threads of late.

I've noticed it too perhaps some people are not getting laid enough and that's down to immigrants too!"

lol!!! xx

over a year ago

I've noticed it too perhaps some people are not getting laid enough and that's down to immigrants too!"

OOooooerrrrr missus can I use your Pole x

By *Y MAN n MECouple
over a year ago

FIFE

"

dont start me on this!!!!"

Get the soap box out shall we??

By *ig bad OP   Man
over a year ago

"My parents were very happy in Jamacia when an English official came to their parish begging for help in rebuilding Britain after the war. They were made to feel they were helping the Empire as BRITISH citizens. They happily came and bless them were confused at the hatred shown towards them by people asking for help. I remember asking my dad once why he put up with such rudeness, nothing worst than watching your parents being insulted by people for doing nothing more than being black, he said, you don't insult people in their home. You dont invite people to your 'home' and insult them. You dont invite people in and then start complaining. I find the OP likes to post these kinds of threads. I could say more but why bother?!! Karma is such a Bitch!"

If you care to put your glasses on and read it has nothing at all to do with colour or race and I find it rather insulting that you have twisted this thread in that direction.

As for “OP likes to post these kinds of threads” well I can only presume you have only read selective threads I have put up. This being only a minority of one on language issues. But hey you go looking and drag me another 5/6 posts I have started on language if you think you can.

Regarding people coming to this country to help the empire! Sorry but the empire had dissolved by 1945. In truth your parents will have come to the UK to improve there circumstances. Nothing wrong with this and your parents issues would have nothing to do with my point in this thread as they would be used to speaking and reading English. And please don’t poo poo this. I have worked all over the globe and its always been for personal gain. Spending time in the Emirates, Saudi and Japan where they are not tolerant of foreigners. I made efforts to learn the language whist residing in their country. Never nice when your discriminated for colour or religious reasons. But this is digressing again as as I said before this is about language, not colour, race or religion.

My issue is more to do with integrating not being separatist. Language is one thing that integrates a population if you care to investigate. Having foreign languages more numerous than the English one just doesn’t help integration one little bit. If you care to note the government now has it mandatory for people applying for citizen ship to speak English.

So I would suggest you actually read what things are about and not presume but hey must be hard at times with chips on your shoulders to read fully across the screen.

By *ickmealloverWoman
over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

IT IRRATES ME TOO

If you go to France, everything is in French

And so it should be

Learn the language and make YOUR own life easier

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

God bless the Welsh for having their signs and info written in English as well as Welsh... and making our lives easier

over a year ago

I'm going to start a petition for all Scottish road signs to be in English, Scottish, and Scots gaelic.

E.G.

Glasgow

Glasgow, ya bastard!!

Glaschu.

(I actually think Scots gaelic is just the way you pronounce it once you have d*unk 2 bottles of whisky )

By *ickmealloverWoman
over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

If you travel to another country that does have another langauge, part of the fun is to get a phrase book and try to speakadalingo surely

Why should visitors or residents of the uk make less of an effort??

over a year ago

"God bless the Welsh for having their signs and info written in English as well as Welsh... and making our lives easier "

They have to put in both as legally things have to be in welsh to try and preserve the language. However in the last census of 2001 only 20.8% of welsh households can speak welsh and only 16.3% can read it.

over a year ago

"My parents were very happy in Jamacia when an English official came to their parish begging for help in rebuilding Britain after the war. They were made to feel they were helping the Empire as BRITISH citizens. They happily came and bless them were confused at the hatred shown towards them by people asking for help. I remember asking my dad once why he put up with such rudeness, nothing worst than watching your parents being insulted by people for doing nothing more than being black, he said, you don't insult people in their home. You dont invite people to your 'home' and insult them. You dont invite people in and then start complaining. I find the OP likes to post these kinds of threads. I could say more but why bother?!! Karma is such a Bitch!"

Was having the same thoughts as well, first we had the "What should immigrants be entitled to" thread and then this one very close behind it, all very Daily Mail and unsavoury.

I can see why you have formed the opinion you have and have to admit maybe you are right

over a year ago

"My parents were very happy in Jamacia when an English official came to their parish begging for help in rebuilding Britain after the war. They were made to feel they were helping the Empire as BRITISH citizens. They happily came and bless them were confused at the hatred shown towards them by people asking for help. I remember asking my dad once why he put up with such rudeness, nothing worst than watching your parents being insulted by people for doing nothing more than being black, he said, you don't insult people in their home. You dont invite people to your 'home' and insult them. You dont invite people in and then start complaining. I find the OP likes to post these kinds of threads. I could say more but why bother?!! Karma is such a Bitch!

If you care to put your glasses on and read it has nothing at all to do with colour or race and I find it rather insulting that you have twisted this thread in that direction.

As for “OP likes to post these kinds of threads” well I can only presume you have only read selective threads I have put up. This being only a minority of one on language issues. But hey you go looking and drag me another 5/6 posts I have started on language if you think you can.

Regarding people coming to this country to help the empire! Sorry but the empire had dissolved by 1945. In truth your parents will have come to the UK to improve there circumstances. Nothing wrong with this and your parents issues would have nothing to do with my point in this thread as they would be used to speaking and reading English. And please don’t poo poo this. I have worked all over the globe and its always been for personal gain. Spending time in the Emirates, Saudi and Japan where they are not tolerant of foreigners. I made efforts to learn the language whist residing in their country. Never nice when your discriminated for colour or religious reasons. But this is digressing again as as I said before this is about language, not colour, race or religion.

My issue is more to do with integrating not being separatist. Language is one thing that integrates a population if you care to investigate. Having foreign languages more numerous than the English one just doesn’t help integration one little bit. If you care to note the government now has it mandatory for people applying for citizen ship to speak English.

So I would suggest you actually read what things are about and not presume but hey must be hard at times with chips on your shoulders to read fully across the screen.

"

Ner ner ner ner ner

over a year ago

"My parents were very happy in Jamacia when an English official came to their parish begging for help in rebuilding Britain after the war. They were made to feel they were helping the Empire as BRITISH citizens. They happily came and bless them were confused at the hatred shown towards them by people asking for help. I remember asking my dad once why he put up with such rudeness, nothing worst than watching your parents being insulted by people for doing nothing more than being black, he said, you don't insult people in their home. You dont invite people to your 'home' and insult them. You dont invite people in and then start complaining. I find the OP likes to post these kinds of threads. I could say more but why bother?!! Karma is such a Bitch!

Ner ner ner ner ner "

That's exactly what you said ... just fewer words and lacking the venom.

over a year ago

"God bless the Welsh for having their signs and info written in English as well as Welsh... and making our lives easier

They have to put in both as legally things have to be in welsh to try and preserve the language. However in the last census of 2001 only 20.8% of welsh households can speak welsh and only 16.3% can read it."

Don't start me on this subject Welsh speaking schools are now becoming more and more prominent therefore the language will thrive. Besides it's no wonder it nearly died out after 400 years of it being frowned upon and banned by various kings from across the border ........................... and breath

over a year ago

"God bless the Welsh for having their signs and info written in English as well as Welsh... and making our lives easier

They have to put in both as legally things have to be in welsh to try and preserve the language. However in the last census of 2001 only 20.8% of welsh households can speak welsh and only 16.3% can read it.

Don't start me on this subject Welsh speaking schools are now becoming more and more prominent therefore the language will thrive. Besides it's no wonder it nearly died out after 400 years of it being frowned upon and banned by various kings from across the border ........................... and breath "

Welsh was invented after a family game of Scrabble where at the end of the game Dad was left with 3 L's

over a year ago

Don't start me on this subject Welsh speaking schools are now becoming more and more prominent therefore the language will thrive. Besides it's no wonder it nearly died out after 400 years of it being frowned upon and banned by various kings from across the border ........................... and breath

Welsh was invented after a family game of Scrabble where at the end of the game Dad was left with 3 L's "

Shut it twobonks or I'll sit on your chops

over a year ago

They have to put in both as legally things have to be in welsh to try and preserve the language. However in the last census of 2001 only 20.8% of welsh households can speak welsh and only 16.3% can read it."

About the same stats for Chavs speaking and reading English

over a year ago

my hubby had to learn German, Swiss German and French in one go when his family went to live in Switzerland...four languages are spoken there and they don't care, if you dont speak one of the official languages... no translations...but yeah who needs translation when you having sex????

over a year ago

"my hubby had to learn German, Swiss German and French in one go when his family went to live in Switzerland...four languages are spoken there and they don't care, if you dont speak one of the official languages... no translations...but yeah who needs translation when you having sex???? "

Well..... if I was with a Geordie I might.

over a year ago

About the same stats for Chavs speaking and reading English "

You should hear "kidspeak" ... a language all of it's own

over a year ago

Don't start me on this subject Welsh speaking schools are now becoming more and more prominent therefore the language will thrive. Besides it's no wonder it nearly died out after 400 years of it being frowned upon and banned by various kings from across the border ........................... and breath "

I moved away from Wales for uni years ago and am so pleased I learnt it as a child. However as I only go back at occasionally I have found I have forgotten so much.

over a year ago

Considering how few electronic products are made in England.. it’s a good job they print the instructions in more than one language… not that men bother reading instructions.

over a year ago

I moved away from Wales for uni years ago and am so pleased I learnt it as a child. However as I only go back at occasionally I have found I have forgotten so much. "

Well come speak to me then cos I need the practice too lol

over a year ago

Welsh was invented after a family game of Scrabble where at the end of the game Dad was left with 3 L's

Shut it twobonks or I'll sit on your chops "

Hardly a threat miss, isnt it wasnt it fuck it Barmouth

over a year ago

Hardly a threat miss, isnt it wasnt it fuck it Barmouth "

Right that's it!!!!! lie down and brace yourself ya bloody heathen

over a year ago

Right that's it!!!!! lie down and brace yourself ya bloody heathen "

Ill dau chennych ddylu arhosa yn cellwair caru a ca hystafell.

over a year ago

Was having the same thoughts as well, first we had the "What should immigrants be entitled to" thread and then this one very close behind it, all very Daily Mail and unsavoury.

I can see why you have formed the opinion you have and have to admit maybe you are right "

Thank you. That's the point I'm making, at times I feel as I've stumbled onto a Daily Mail forum. I'm not for one second looking to turn this into a race issue, hell I only play with white men and a jolly good time we have too. But there is a 'subtle' nasty streak the OP introduces into his posts and then gets defensive if you dont run with his theme. I'm here to add my opinion too, but my sole aim is to find happy, eager, sexy white men to play with. As I'm having a blast, thank you Fab, I dont waste too much time worrying about others x

over a year ago

"

That is one heck of a scrabble score

over a year ago

I can see why you have formed the opinion you have and have to admit maybe you are right Thank you. That's the point I'm making, at times I feel as I've stumbled onto a Daily Mail forum. I'm not for one second looking to turn this into a race issue, hell I only play with white men and a jolly good time we have too. But there is a 'subtle' nasty streak the OP introduces into his posts and then gets defensive if you dont run with his theme. I'm here to add my opinion too, but my sole aim is to find happy, eager, sexy white men to play with. As I'm having a blast, thank you Fab, I dont waste too much time worrying about others x"

Think your reading something to the rest of us. All i see is someone answering you as you.

over a year ago

"

beth wyt ti'n trio dweud

By *obblybitsCouple
over a year ago

huddersfield

wontbother replyingthing most have said what I would have

over a year ago

That is one heck of a scrabble score "

Pen pidyn

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

That is one heck of a scrabble score

Pen pidyn "

Twll d'yn bob sais!!!!!

over a year ago

Makes me wish I studied it at school now

By *lirty14uMan
over a year ago

Milton Keynes

Que?

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

I don't see how anyone can say the OP post is racist, even the goverment are going to be making it a requirement that people should speak English before they can stay here.

We are a multicuteral society, but there isn't anything wrong with integration as the OP suggests.

over a year ago

"I don't see how anyone can say the OP post is racist, even the goverment are going to be making it a requirement that people should speak English before they can stay here.

We are a multicuteral society, but there isn't anything wrong with integration as the OP suggests."

Other countries make it a requirement for any potential settlers to be proficient in their language, so I do not see why we don't!

I honestly believe we should have some sort of test for English proficiency before one can settle in this country!

This is coming from someone whose mother tongue in Cantonese

over a year ago

Of the opinion that if you come, you contribute and are not a burden then you are welcome without pre requisite.

In a couple of years we hope to retire somewhere in Europe, not decided where yet. We wont "learn" their language but we will pick it up.

There really is no rocket science to any of this

By *artin216Man
over a year ago

Spilsby

I dont get the idea the OP is a racist from what he has written, in any of the threads i have seen.

I think the OP is asking questions a lot of english people have been asking for years, in regards to integration of foreign speakers.

I personally first seen signs in foreign languages in west yorkshire in the eighties, i was lead to believe this was to assist foreign speaking communities to integrate, that was nearly 30 years ago.....it begs the question to me, why have the attempts at integration over that period not been successful.

just a thought....

over a year ago

I guess some peeps perfer to integrate, others don't feel the need to do so, especially if the authorities are so quick to accommodate their needs and wants!

over a year ago

I hope to work and retire in France, and the only barrier is language, and I am working on improving my French!

over a year ago

"I hope to work and retire in France, and the only barrier is language, and I am working on improving my French! "

Take the word work out and that is us but rather than study we will hopefully pick it up as we go along

over a year ago

"

you think thats bad, at my kids school they had a teacher whos english was that bad they had to have a translator in the class room so the kids could understand what he was saying and here's the best bit...he was the English teacher

over a year ago

"...it begs the question to me, why have the attempts at integration over that period not been successful."

For the same reason you see English Breakfast cafes all over the Costa del Sol... it's because that's what the Brits prefer to eat ... foreign communities over here are naturally drawn to each other as they share the same set of cultural values. They couldn't give a toss if the British Govt provided for their needs or not as they know where to buy the shit they eat and where to get books/papers in their own language... all our govt does is try and justify the reason for spending exorbitant amounts of OUR cash on people who don't give a flying fuck if it's spent on them or not.

over a year ago

"I dont get the idea the OP is a racist from what he has written, in any of the threads i have seen.

I think the OP is asking questions a lot of english people have been asking for years, in regards to integration of foreign speakers.

I personally first seen signs in foreign languages in west yorkshire in the eighties, i was lead to believe this was to assist foreign speaking communities to integrate, that was nearly 30 years ago.....it begs the question to me, why have the attempts at integration over that period not been successful.

just a thought.... "

The beauty of free speech is you dont have to agree with everything that someone says and if you post your opinion you have to accept other people will express theirs. I spend my working life fighting for ex-military personnel now working as civilians on military bases to take umbrage with people on an adult dating site: I'm here purely for hedonistic fun and fun it is x

By *artin216Man
over a year ago

Spilsby

"I dont get the idea the OP is a racist from what he has written, in any of the threads i have seen.

just a thought.... The beauty of free speech is you dont have to agree with everything that someone says and if you post your opinion you have to accept other people will express theirs. I spend my working life fighting for ex-military personnel now working as civilians on military bases to take umbrage with people on an adult dating site: I'm here purely for hedonistic fun and fun it is x"

Great !!! do you have to post your CV because you think it might give your arguement credibility?...

over a year ago

"

Great !!! do you have to post your CV because you think it might give your arguement credibility?... "

lmao

i fell off my chair then lol

find out what his cats called for me will you

Post new Message to Thread