Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Ideal holiday

Jump to newest

By *inky_couple2020 OP   Couple
23 weeks ago

North West

Having provisionally booked a holiday to somewhere new for Christmas, I'm in holiday brain mode.

If money and logistics were no obstacle, what would your ideal holiday look like?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ynamicnatureMan
23 weeks ago

Doncaster

To go back packing around the world for a couple of years with no flights allowed just to make it more interesting.

I've done it before and had the time of my life,

By *BWLOVER1965Man
23 weeks ago

My Own Little World

Cuba

Cayo co Co

Enough said

By *eroLondonMan
23 weeks ago

Mayfair

I think an ideal holiday for me is determined by my mood and emotional state, and therefore it changes.

However, right at this very moment I would love to visit rural Japan and go native with their culture, customs and cuisine.

With that said I could easily do with a lake and mountain holiday in Switzerland. Interlaken and all that...

By *cottish guy 555Man
23 weeks ago

London

I'd like to drive to Australia. With a couple of boat trips on the way obviously.

By *olfandtazCouple
23 weeks ago

Bristol

"Cuba

Cayo co Co

Enough said "

Cuba is amazing had great time there

By *ools and the brainCouple
23 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

A cabin deep in the Canadian mountains,self sufficient hiking in the wilderness for a month.

By *emorefridaCouple
23 weeks ago

La la land

Hiking/road trip around Iceland

By *ynamicnatureMan
23 weeks ago

Doncaster

"I'd like to drive to Australia. With a couple of boat trips on the way obviously.

"

That sounds great but with all the bother going on I don't know if a drive through some countries is possible at the moment

By *elloWoman
23 weeks ago

alpha centauri

"Having provisionally booked a holiday to somewhere new for Christmas, I'm in holiday brain mode.

If money and logistics were no obstacle, what would your ideal holiday look like?"

I've already booked a couple of holidays for 2025 and now going to spend months and months planning a 2 week tour of Japan for me and my kids.

To me it's scary as a single parent, whose never been that far away before and who doesn't speak the language, which is why I'm going to research and plan this for at least a year, and spend longer saving up for it.

23 weeks ago

North West

"Hiking/road trip around Iceland "

We'd like to go to Iceland and we also have the glass topped "igloo" type things in Lapland on our bucket list for one day.

23 weeks ago

North West

"Having provisionally booked a holiday to somewhere new for Christmas, I'm in holiday brain mode.

If money and logistics were no obstacle, what would your ideal holiday look like?

I've already booked a couple of holidays for 2025 and now going to spend months and months planning a 2 week tour of Japan for me and my kids.

To me it's scary as a single parent, whose never been that far away before and who doesn't speak the language, which is why I'm going to research and plan this for at least a year, and spend longer saving up for it.

"

Yes, research is a good idea! We hope you find the right trip for your family

By *ynamicnatureMan
23 weeks ago

Doncaster

"

On the surface Japan seemed to feel like one of the safest places to travel.

The locals are ultra courteous/friendly.

An example of that was when ever I asked for directions to somewhere they insisted on taking me where I had to be and not just tell me how to get there.

I would love to spend more time over there.

You and your kids are in for a great experience,

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

23 weeks ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

Just booked my first holiday in years.

My ideal one would last 365 days a year, involve a private jet, a few cars, a boat or two and a private island inhabited by dogs and raccoons. With a log cabin, hot tub and four seater bath.

But happy to just manage a week somewhere hot with awesome company right now. I'm definitely in 'looking forward to a holiday' mode now.

Let the shopping commence.......

By *midnight-Woman
23 weeks ago

A full year traveling around coastlines, eating amazing food that i didn't have to cook

By *cottish guy 555Man
23 weeks ago

London

"I'd like to drive to Australia. With a couple of boat trips on the way obviously.

That sounds great but with all the bother going on I don't know if a drive through some countries is possible at the moment "

Not sure that current geopolitics make it a safe bet. Oh well.

By *JcuriousCouple
23 weeks ago

Derby

I'd love to go to the Maldives one day, one with those little huts on the sea

Would also love a big family holiday in a big villa and book lots of excursions, have bbqs and good food and drinks every night!

Miss S x

By *ot to giggleWoman
23 weeks ago

Coventry

havent had a proper holiday in years

would like to go back to the Maldives - small island, no shoes, minimal clothing and lying naked in the Indian Ocean which is alike a warm bath

By *inkyfun2013Couple
23 weeks ago

lewisham

Hedonism II, Jamaica. And we'll be there in a fortnight!

Post new Message to Thread