Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

The new AI traffic cams

Jump to newest

By *tephenBunChow OP   Man
23 weeks ago

Haywards heath/Waterlooville

The new AI traffic cams that are supposed catch a number of motoring offences such as:

Not wearing a seatbelt or using a mobile while driving and lots of hoo ha about privacy.

Wonder who the first person that's going to get caught for:

Being wanked off at he wheel.

Being sucked off whilst driving etc

You get the drift.

Will they be on fabs or some other site.. answers on a postcard.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *red333Man
23 weeks ago

Dorchester

Its not about road safety its about money who do you think they want to pay for the technology...... The motorist

By (user no longer on site)
23 weeks ago

There will be some goody two shoes along shortly to tell you that there's nothing to worry about if you're doing nothing wrong.

By *red333Man
23 weeks ago

Dorchester

"There will be some goody two shoes along shortly to tell you that there's nothing to worry about if you're doing nothing wrong. "
If we're doing nothing wrong why should we be watched, wheres the freedom in being constantly watched whatever we do, i for one resent it

By *ophieslutTV/TS
23 weeks ago

Central

"There will be some goody two shoes along shortly to tell you that there's nothing to worry about if you're doing nothing wrong. If we're doing nothing wrong why should we be watched, wheres the freedom in being constantly watched whatever we do, i for one resent it "

Either we go the way of the Chinese, or we preserve liberty

23 weeks ago

We long ago became a surveillance society this is just another step along the way.

By *red333Man
23 weeks ago

Dorchester

Whatever happened to " you're innocent until proven guilty" i actually loved that statement, I'm sick to death of being watched

By *naswingdressWoman
23 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

"We long ago became a surveillance society this is just another step along the way."

I learned back when I was at university that the UK had more CCTV coverage than any other country.

People should have protested decades ago. It seems a bit difficult to unwind given how long people have just gone along with it.

By *ellhungvweMan
23 weeks ago

Cheltenham

"We long ago became a surveillance society this is just another step along the way.

I learned back when I was at university that the UK had more CCTV coverage than any other country.

People should have protested decades ago. It seems a bit difficult to unwind given how long people have just gone along with it."

The reality is that most of it is crap quality though - if we really were being watched by cameras that were actually capable of recording something then why does the overwhelming majority of crime get ignored due to “lack of evidence”?

I agree with the points above that we should have protested decades ago but at least we can rely on the usual shit fuckery to mean that almost all the cameras are basically blind.

By *naswingdressWoman
23 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

"We long ago became a surveillance society this is just another step along the way.

People should have protested decades ago. It seems a bit difficult to unwind given how long people have just gone along with it.

The reality is that most of it is crap quality though - if we really were being watched by cameras that were actually capable of recording something then why does the overwhelming majority of crime get ignored due to “lack of evidence”?

I agree with the points above that we should have protested decades ago but at least we can rely on the usual shit fuckery to mean that almost all the cameras are basically blind."

I suspect it's more likely to be lack of police and prosecution resources.

I just don't get why people are worried now when they weren't worried so long ago. Is it because of AI? Or is it because people believe they have the right to do whatever they want in their car, the rest of the world be damned?

By *odgerMooreMan
23 weeks ago

Carlisle

I got an email from the AI traffic camera - ,…. Hey Todger… hope you don’t mind… saw you at the jnctn of …… & … this afternoon… jeez you’re so hot you melted my chips… it goes on to be very graphic about what she wants to do to me once someone builds her a body !!! I reckon AI is already smarter than humans!!!

By *atnip make me purrWoman
23 weeks ago

Reading

You don't have an expectation of privacy driving a car so i don't think that will prove much of a hurdle.

By *ullyMan
23 weeks ago

Near Clacton

Seems odd to me that poor that the imaging often is, it can be used in courts. But nowadays with cameras of many many kinds on everything from a hat pin to a battle ship, not one definitive photo has ever been put on the internet of things like bigfoot slender man a ghost ghoulie or long leggedely beastie?

By *naswingdressWoman
23 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Seems odd to me that poor that the imaging often is, it can be used in courts. But nowadays with cameras of many many kinds on everything from a hat pin to a battle ship, not one definitive photo has ever been put on the internet of things like bigfoot slender man a ghost ghoulie or long leggedely beastie?"

Bigfoot etc survives in the god of the gaps logic.

God (Bigfoot, etc) is in the bits science can't explain. Definitely not fake. No matter how much science can explain

23 weeks ago

Try being a truck driver (I assume coaches and buses too). Many of us already have cameras in the cab recording us as we drive.

The technology apparently flags up at the office if you’re smoking, on the phone or whatever. Whilst I get the safety argument, how would teachers or nurses feel if a camera was on them, monitoring their every move just in case they slap a kid or overdose a patient?

Moreover, for four or five nights a week this is my home. Yet, I’m sat here eating grapes watching the world go past and there’s a camera pointing at me. They say it turns off with the ignition, yet theirs a faint glow in it.

By *naswingdressWoman
23 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Try being a truck driver (I assume coaches and buses too). Many of us already have cameras in the cab recording us as we drive.

The technology apparently flags up at the office if you’re smoking, on the phone or whatever. Whilst I get the safety argument, how would teachers or nurses feel if a camera was on them, monitoring their every move just in case they slap a kid or overdose a patient?

Moreover, for four or five nights a week this is my home. Yet, I’m sat here eating grapes watching the world go past and there’s a camera pointing at me. They say it turns off with the ignition, yet theirs a faint glow in it.

"

I find the idea of being constantly surveilled while working fucking creepy

23 weeks ago

"Try being a truck driver (I assume coaches and buses too). Many of us already have cameras in the cab recording us as we drive.

I find the idea of being constantly surveilled while working fucking creepy "

I’m lucky in that my boss is t one to check up on you all the time but the surveillance in trucks is terrible.

We have a tacho that records your working hours, your rest breaks and speeds. I’ve known companies check and reprimand for drivers 2mph over a speed limit.

We have a tracker that records exactly where you are to within a metre. Again, some companies will ring you up if you’re not moving or have deviated to do something like pop into a shop.

Cameras on the sides of the trucks that constantly record. They can see exactly who gets in and out of your truck. Most companies don’t allow you to have non employees in the truck - yet, as mentioned, this is my home. I’m supposed to be able to dispose of my rest period as I so wish. Yet I can’t invite someone to my cab.

Mad isn’t it?

By *icolerobbieCouple
23 weeks ago

walsall

I find the idea of being constantly surveilled while working fucking creepy "

Many employers do this. Most offices, factories and retail premises have cctv, both inside and out. Computer use is monitored.

By *red333Man
23 weeks ago

Dorchester

Many employers do this. Most offices, factories and retail premises have cctv, both inside and out. Computer use is monitored. "

It is supposedly illegal to use the cameras to watch the workers

23 weeks ago

Many employers do this. Most offices, factories and retail premises have cctv, both inside and out. Computer use is monitored. "

Mine sits 30 inches from me and is pointed directly at me…..

23 weeks ago

Do you think they'll ever serve the purpose of catching actual criminals and reducing our insurance premiums?

It'd make complete sense then.

Police these days don't bother with car thefts... "Claim it on the insurance..."

By *naswingdressWoman
23 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

And I still find it creepy. I don't care if 110% of employers do it

23 weeks ago

Many employers do this. Most offices, factories and retail premises have cctv, both inside and out. Computer use is monitored.

And I still find it creepy. I don't care if 110% of employers do it"

Why have we allowed this to happen? Orwell must be turning in his grave.

23 weeks ago

"

Stick a bit of black electrical tape over it at night

23 weeks ago

Stick a bit of black electrical tape over it at night "

At night it’s behind the curtains, and I do hang a hat on it. However, block it in the day and it squeals to the office

By *wistntwirlCouple
23 weeks ago

Middle Land

If it catches wankers using their phone while driving, I'm in favour.

By *icolerobbieCouple
23 weeks ago

walsall

Many employers do this. Most offices, factories and retail premises have cctv, both inside and out. Computer use is monitored. It is supposedly illegal to use the cameras to watch the workers "

Is it though? What else are they there for?

By *icolerobbieCouple
23 weeks ago

walsall

And I still find it creepy. I don't care if 110% of employers do it"

It’s also something that makes me feel uncomfortable, people have just accepted the roll out by doing nothing about it.

By *oubleswing2019Man
23 weeks ago

Colchester

"If we're doing nothing wrong why should we be watched, where's the freedom in being constantly watched whatever we do, i for one resent it "

If you don't watch, and people do something wrong, they'll hardly likely to report themselves are they ? Are you suggesting impunity from consequences of wrong doing ?

Behavioural modification starts with observance.

And ignoring behavioural modification for a moment, consider a basic element of science, observation.

Observation is essential in science. Scientists use observation to collect and record data, which enables them to construct and then test hypotheses and theories.

It has long been known that we are an "opportunistic" species. It's one of the reasons we are so successful, flexible and adaptible. It's hardwired in to our genes.

Put a group of primates in to an enclosure and they will get up to all sorts of mischief. They don't know any better (though we can encourage more peaceful and cooperative, law-abiding behaviour).

We are primates to. In theory we should know better. But many don't.

I know better and don't mind being observed. I have no intention of willingly breaking the law.

But those other people over there ? I don't them from Jack or Jill. Their motivations are unknown to me. They could be allies. They could be neutral. They could be hostile. I have no way of knowing. Until it's too late of course.

The have a right to privacy (in a private space), but I have a right to security in a public one.

If they don't wish to be observed on street cam, then I'm happy for the cameras to go, but they'll have to pay a extra levy for me to have a personal bodyguard. Why ? To protect me from people like THEM.

By *eronikapaulCouple
23 weeks ago

Reading

Easy. Do as Mrs V and never top up the screen wash?

By *ust RachelTV/TS
23 weeks ago

Horsham

There are people out there willingly breaking the law, but they are recording it and putting it on social media.

So the police, councils, government will definately put the latest technology cameras out there to catch people.

By *ldgeezermeMan
23 weeks ago

Newcastle

Many employers do this. Most offices, factories and retail premises have cctv, both inside and out. Computer use is monitored. It is supposedly illegal to use the cameras to watch the workers

Is it though? What else are they there for?"

I'm told they're there for my safety and security every time I hear an announcement about them on trains etc

23 weeks ago

People will just smash them up like the ulez cams, and I hope it happens.

Absolute police state bollocks, if a copper can piss about on a radio, laptop and whatever else belting through junctions doing twice the limit then the rest of the road users should be left alone and not surveyed.

23 weeks ago

[Removed by poster at 26/04/24 03:23:48]

By *orthernJayMan
23 weeks ago

Canary Wharf

It’s taxation, pure and simple; cars and car drivers are the easiest form of revenue collection; there’s almost no viable alternative in getting from A to B unless you’re prepared for delays and additional time.

If every single person driving in the UK stuck to speed limits, obeyed every single parking restriction and didn’t drink/drive then the government of the day would have no choice but to raise the tax elsewhere!

The UK is one of the most expensive places in the world to drive, has some of the worst roads and there’s absolutely nothing we can do about it!

If you think differently then you’re delusional.

By *orthernJayMan
23 weeks ago

Canary Wharf

At night it’s behind the curtains, and I do hang a hat on it. However, block it in the day and it squeals to the office "

Disclaimer; I know absolutely nothing about driving a truck!

Surely you agree to be filmed/observed when you take the job? It must be in your T&C’s or implicitly written within company policies?

My intuition tells me it’s driven by insurance premiums; if companies know where drivers are at all times and what they are doing; timed and date stamped, there’s zero ambiguity in a litigation environment.

Not sure I’d be happy with a camera in my face all day, then again I don’t drive a truck; fair play to those who do, strikes me as a bit of a shit gig, but happy to corrected

23 weeks ago

Been a lorry driver for years..

Cameras in trucks whilst driving is wrong..

As someone said I understand the safety aspect but the company is invading our privacy..

They say that they turn off at night but I know that is bullshit..

A friend of mine got caught having a smoke at 01.00 in the morning..

Ended up with the sack..

It has all come about since the EU moved in for work & trucks were involved in more accidents than you could shack a stick at..

Plus most big companies these days have there own insurance companies so to reduce their premiums they put the cameras in..

VIOLATION OF PRIVACY..

23 weeks ago

At night it’s behind the curtains, and I do hang a hat on it. However, block it in the day and it squeals to the office

Surely you agree to be filmed/observed when you take the job? It must be in your T&C’s or implicitly written within company policies?

My intuition tells me it’s driven by insurance premiums; if companies know where drivers are at all times and what they are doing; timed and date stamped, there’s zero ambiguity in a litigation environment.

Not sure I’d be happy with a camera in my face all day, then again I don’t drive a truck; fair play to those who do, strikes me as a bit of a shit gig, but happy to corrected "

I have a mortgage to pay. When I joined this firm, let alone when I started driving, cameras in trucks weren’t even thought of. They were just foisted on us with no consultation.

So, in my mid fifties, I have a choice. Try to find a job doing something else as all companies are now going down the camera route, or put up with it. Not really much of a choice in reality huh?

So, like everyone, I silently agree. I lose a large slice of privacy, surveillance becomes a norm, not at the insistence of governments, but at the behest of huge corporations driven by greed.

By *red333Man
23 weeks ago

Dorchester

Many employers do this. Most offices, factories and retail premises have cctv, both inside and out. Computer use is monitored. It is supposedly illegal to use the cameras to watch the workers

Is it though? What else are they there for?"

for security purposes only

By *alandNitaCouple
23 weeks ago

Scunthorpe

"Its not about road safety its about money who do you think they want to pay for the technology...... The motorist "

This is an argument that is usually thrown about by people who think they shouldn't have to stick to the rules. Ultimately the cameras can only catch you if you break the law.

In the UK around 40% of drivers admit to reading text/social media whilst driving and it is cited as a major factor in about 10% of all road collisions.

By *alandNitaCouple
23 weeks ago

Scunthorpe

Is it though? What else are they there for?for security purposes only "

MOST CCTV systems don't have a person watching them, they are used to review footage after an incident has occured. A person can't realistically watch loads of cameras at once, this is however something that AI would be able to do.

Cal

By *orthernJayMan
23 weeks ago

Canary Wharf

Not sure I’d be happy with a camera in my face all day, then again I don’t drive a truck; fair play to those who do, strikes me as a bit of a shit gig, but happy to corrected

I have a mortgage to pay. When I joined this firm, let alone when I started driving, cameras in trucks weren’t even thought of. They were just foisted on us with no consultation.

So, in my mid fifties, I have a choice. Try to find a job doing something else as all companies are now going down the camera route, or put up with it. Not really much of a choice in reality huh?

So, like everyone, I silently agree. I lose a large slice of privacy, surveillance becomes a norm, not at the insistence of governments, but at the behest of huge corporations driven by greed. "

Sounds about right, typical of the “take it or leave” approach to larger UK corporate entities.

Appreciate the education mate, thank you

By *red333Man
23 weeks ago

Dorchester

Is it though? What else are they there for?for security purposes only

MOST CCTV systems don't have a person watching them, they are used to review footage after an incident has occured. A person can't realistically watch loads of cameras at once, this is however something that AI would be able to do.

Cal"

exactly

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
23 weeks ago

BRIDPORT

"

In the UK around 40% of drivers admit to reading text/social media whilst driving and it is cited as a major factor in about 10% of all road collisions."

If 10% of accidents involve looking at a phone then 90% are caused by people not looking at a phone, does that make it statistically safer to look at your phone

By *oubleswing2019Man
23 weeks ago

Colchester

"

This is an argument that is usually thrown about by people who think they shouldn't have to stick to the rules. Ultimately the cameras can only catch you if you break the law.

"

Indeed.

Doing nothing wrong ? Camera records you doing nothing wrong. Nothing happens

Doing something wrong ? Camera records you doing something wrong. Consequences.

By *naswingdressWoman
23 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

"

In the UK around 40% of drivers admit to reading text/social media whilst driving and it is cited as a major factor in about 10% of all road collisions.

If 10% of accidents involve looking at a phone then 90% are caused by people not looking at a phone, does that make it statistically safer to look at your phone "

Tell me you don't understand statistics without telling me you don't understand statistics.

By *r John WickMan
23 weeks ago

The Continental

I’ll have to stop inspecting my booger mining hauls if it’s gonna cost me 3 points.

Post new Message to Thread