Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

How to spot a gold digger

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
23 weeks ago

Anyone got any ideas ? Crap at this and constantly getting fucked over by someone

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
23 weeks ago

King's Crustacean

Idea one ............. They ask you for money or goods

By *naswingdressWoman
23 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

Go Dutch all the time and see if they object. See if they try to equalise money related stuff.

By *odgerMooreMan
23 weeks ago

Carlisle

Look for a woman wearing a hard hat and swinging a pick axe and sounding like Gollum from LOTR

By *ad NannaWoman
23 weeks ago

East London

Tell them you're poor and wait for the silence.

By (user no longer on site)
23 weeks ago

Tell people right from the beginning you like an equal footing

By *ensuallover1000Man
23 weeks ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

‘I tell yer, there’s gold in them there hills darnitt!’

By *eliWoman
23 weeks ago

Don't offer to pay for things. Let them meet you halfway, take turns in rounds, don't pay for everything at dates/socials etc.

And don't discuss salary or money beforehand.

By *mber SkiesWoman
23 weeks ago

Cardiff-ish

"Anyone got any ideas ? Crap at this and constantly getting fucked over by someone "
what your job is

23 weeks ago

Don’t be overly generous regardless if you can be.

You’ll soon see the independent woman for who they are.

Those with self respect always, always insist on going Dutch and that’s when you choose how generous you wish to be.

Another tell tale sign, the good ones always wants to take you for a drink post people and they will insist on paying for it

By *aters139Man
23 weeks ago

Sheffield

Go for a few drinks, if they buy the most expensive stuff \ things they say they usually dont drink and never offer to buy the round, it's always gonna be like that.

By *lowupdollTV/TS
23 weeks ago

Herts

They always need to nip to the loos when the bill comes.

By *lue RascalMan
23 weeks ago

Cheshire Liverpool Manchester

"Look for a woman wearing a hard hat and swinging a pick axe and sounding like Gollum from LOTR "

I’d be all over that

By *lexanderSupertrampMan
23 weeks ago

Gourock

A pick, a shovel and a gold pan

By *mber SkiesWoman
23 weeks ago

Cardiff-ish

"They always need to nip to the loos when the bill comes. "
good one glow

By *enSiskoMan
23 weeks ago

Cestus 3

Oh dear ive left my wallet in the Jag.

By *asterR and slut mayaMan
23 weeks ago

Bradford

"Anyone got any ideas ? Crap at this and constantly getting fucked over by someone "

How much gold you got

By *naswingdressWoman
23 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Don’t be overly generous regardless if you can be.

Those with self respect always, always insist on going Dutch and that’s when you choose how generous you wish to be.

Another tell tale sign, the good ones always wants to take you for a drink post people and they will insist on paying for it "

I sometimes come across guys who double triple insist on paying for me. I often cave because fuck me it's not worth the argument.

However, because I'd rather pay for myself, I order the cheapest thing I can stand on the menu

(Some guys also think that buying me a drink/meal etc means I owe them something. It also works for this. If general you want to argue that buying me a drink means you deserve sex... come on, I'm worth a bit more than a fucking lemonade )

By *viatrixWoman
23 weeks ago

Redhill

"‘I tell yer, there’s gold in them there hills darnitt!’"

Yeah, the gold mines of Fab lmao

By *rozac_fairyCouple
23 weeks ago

Tamworth

It's easy, chat to the lads who've nothing to dig, they'll tell you who the gold diggers are

By *coobyBoobyDooWoman
23 weeks ago

Markfield

Metal detector hanging out of handbag?

By *rHotNottsMan
23 weeks ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I can just tell instantly. Its the kinds of things they will order and places they like to go, it’s all about instagram. They will be on instagram too. They typically are used to guys being total idiots and pushovers so make no attempt to try and conceal it. Can’t say I’ve met a smart one ever

By *tylebender03Man
23 weeks ago

Manchester

She take my money when I’m in need

By *rHotNottsMan
23 weeks ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Another tell tale sign, the good ones always wants to take you for a drink post people and they will insist on paying for it "

I don’t agree with any of that!

It is possible to accept someone’s generosity and not be a golddigger.

Many people find it uncomfortable and strange going Dutch and would rather take it in turns paying or go with trust and generosity , that includes many on here and they’re definitely not gold diggers, the complete opposite , often insisting on paying for me !

By *coobyBoobyDooWoman
23 weeks ago

Markfield

"She take my money when I’m in need "

By *rgasmatron1970Man
23 weeks ago

Bromley

Short arms and deep pockets is a give away.

By *lowupdollTV/TS
23 weeks ago

Herts

If you think you’ve met a gold digger just say something like ‘been an expensive few weeks, how about we (something free/cheap)’. You’ve just told them you’re careful with money without telling them, and you’ll get their response when they aren’t getting a lifestyle they can’t afford.

By *ucsherMan
23 weeks ago

Stevenage/Uxbridge

It usually isn't the gold digger that's the problem. That's just their way of life and they probably don't know any different.

Grow a pair, say no next time they want something.

23 weeks ago

Another tell tale sign, the good ones always wants to take you for a drink post people and they will insist on paying for it

I sometimes come across guys who double triple insist on paying for me. I often cave because fuck me it's not worth the argument.

However, because I'd rather pay for myself, I order the cheapest thing I can stand on the menu

(Some guys also think that buying me a drink/meal etc means I owe them something. It also works for this. If general you want to argue that buying me a drink means you deserve sex... come on, I'm worth a bit more than a fucking lemonade )"

If I’m taking someone to dinner, I always say to them, me casa su casa, order what you like.

I’m old school, if you invite someone for dinner, they are your guest, so you make sure your guest is looked after.

Just the way I was brought up

23 weeks ago

I always agree in advance how we are splitting the bill. My last partner wanted to treat me to nice dinners etc and I learnt to accept that but also made sure I paid for stuff when I had the opportunity.

There are the male equivalent .... dated one briefly that let me pay for everything ... and was married to a sponger for 10yrs who would let me pay for everything and contribute v little despite earning his own money.

I would avoid people like him now in the future and say No sooner.

By *naswingdressWoman
23 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

(Some guys also think that buying me a drink/meal etc means I owe them something. It also works for this. If general you want to argue that buying me a drink means you deserve sex... come on, I'm worth a bit more than a fucking lemonade )

If I’m taking someone to dinner, I always say to them, me casa su casa, order what you like.

I’m old school, if you invite someone for dinner, they are your guest, so you make sure your guest is looked after.

Just the way I was brought up "

Yes. It's difficult to navigate as someone who doesn't want to feel beholden to someone. I'm new school.

Like, do I insist on paying and annoy you? Or do I give in and risk you think I'm a money grubbing whatever?

Ordering the cheapest thing on the menu is my compromise.

I guess what I'm saying is, someone who lets you pay isn't automatically a gold digger (as has been said above). I'm just trying to go along to get along.

And because I'd rather pay and don't want people thinking I'm scrounging, I will nurse that lemonade like a boss all night!

23 weeks ago

Just the way I was brought up

Yes. It's difficult to navigate as someone who doesn't want to feel beholden to someone. I'm new school.

Like, do I insist on paying and annoy you? Or do I give in and risk you think I'm a money grubbing whatever?

Ordering the cheapest thing on the menu is my compromise.

I guess what I'm saying is, someone who lets you pay isn't automatically a gold digger (as has been said above). I'm just trying to go along to get along.

And because I'd rather pay and don't want people thinking I'm scrounging, I will nurse that lemonade like a boss all night!"

Touche!

I can respect that opinion and point of view

By *eroLondonMan
23 weeks ago

Mayfair

"Look for a woman wearing a hard hat and swinging a pick axe and sounding like Gollum from LOTR "

The worse ones are the women mining for Mithril. They rarely go Dutch, much.

By *ullyMan
23 weeks ago

Near Clacton

Asking for money or reward, in any way shape or form.

23 weeks ago

Should they enquire about your status with them immediately and frequently asking about your financial situation.

They only appreciate expensive gifts; whilst the idea of a thoughtful gift such as a bouquet of flowers or an original poem has no value to them.

Chances are their friends circle may well be Gold Diggers.

23 weeks ago

Thanks for all the advice guys. It is really appreciated. I suppose I’m just old School in my day if you took a lady out for dinner, you paid suppose I just need to get with a modern times thank you

By *2000ManMan
23 weeks ago

Worthing

If you are a simp or weak-willed, a woman can become a gold digger.

23 weeks ago

They carry a tiny little shovel.

23 weeks ago

"Anyone got any ideas ? Crap at this and constantly getting fucked over by someone what your job is "

I own my own business

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
23 weeks ago

King's Crustacean

"They carry a tiny little shovel."

ffs ! that was my next answer along with the headlamp !

23 weeks ago

[Removed by poster at 25/04/24 15:27:34]

By *aters139Man
23 weeks ago

Sheffield

"Look for a woman wearing a hard hat and swinging a pick axe and sounding like Gollum from LOTR

The worse ones are the women mining for Mithril. They rarely go Dutch, much."

Yeh but you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.

By *alcon77Man
23 weeks ago

under the sun & the moon

"Look for a woman wearing a hard hat and swinging a pick axe and sounding like Gollum from LOTR

Yeh but you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men."

It's the beards.

23 weeks ago

"If you are a simp or weak-willed, a woman can become a gold digger. "

Nonsense, any decent human being would never take advantage of another's kindness.

Gold-diggers are anything but decent.

By *red333Man
23 weeks ago

Dorchester

He has a shovel in his hand

By *rHotNottsMan
23 weeks ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"If you are a simp or weak-willed, a woman can become a gold digger. "

That’s mean! I think they focus on simps & weak-willed, but they also target strong willed men who don’t care . I remember a conversation around a gf that cost over 200k a year and he was like yeah but the sex is worth it and she disappears when I tell her to without issues

By *coobyBoobyDooWoman
23 weeks ago

Markfield

"If you are a simp or weak-willed, a woman can become a gold digger.

That’s mean! I think they focus on simps & weak-willed, but they also target strong willed men who don’t care . I remember a conversation around a gf that cost over 200k a year and he was like yeah but the sex is worth it and she disappears when I tell her to without issues "

Surely that’s more of a transactional agreement than gold digger territory?

By *atnip make me purrWoman
23 weeks ago

Reading

This shouldn't even be an issue here unless you are looking to date people. Money shouldn't be an issue for fwbs fbs or ons. My lovers range from millionaires to the flat broke and neither condition enhances my experiences.

By *lue RascalMan
23 weeks ago

Cheshire Liverpool Manchester

Yeh but you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.

It's the beards. "

well done everyone haha

By *antastic_Mr_Fox_76Man
23 weeks ago

District 13

Usually dressed in a checkered shirt, dungarees rolled up to the shin, has a donkey, wades through mud in the stream with a sieve and has one gold tooth

Failing that they instantly want or need something financially based from you in return for fuck all, aka no actual physical contact or actual plans to be with you plus if you flaunt it the will come

By *eliWoman
23 weeks ago

"Thanks for all the advice guys. It is really appreciated. I suppose I’m just old School in my day if you took a lady out for dinner, you paid suppose I just need to get with a modern times thank you"

You can still be old school in your approach Op, if that's how you want to be. It doesn't mean that someone is a gold digger if they say yes to it. I do think being sensible is a very good idea.

Personally, I'm the one who is happy paying for drinks, food, whatever. I buy drinks for men, pay for dinner, without expecting anything. If I know they're more traditional in their approach? Well that's when I'll let them pay for dinner and I'll pay for drinks. Or similar.

I think on Fab, it's best to be sensible really. Not discussing salary, not offering to pay for everything. You can be a gentleman and also sensible, x

By *ot to giggleWoman
23 weeks ago

Coventry

"They carry a tiny little shovel.

ffs ! that was my next answer along with the headlamp ! "

complete with pick axe and rope

23 weeks ago

Thank you, good advice

By *ophieslutTV/TS
23 weeks ago

Central

Carry refillable bottles of tap water, labelled as 'tap water'.

Decline any invitations to places or events that require money. Suggest free of charge activities, to pass your time, including cuddling and sex.

They will avoid you and decline anything that doesn't gain them what they are after.

By *osey WalesMan
23 weeks ago

Surrey

"

Just the way I was brought up "

Same

23 weeks ago

When this question is asked I'm moved to scrutinise the questioner.

Wealth is subjective.

And time is money too.

Post new Message to Thread