Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Better than...

Jump to newest

By *eli OP   Woman
23 weeks ago

Do you think that you're better than anyone on Fab?

For any reason, any reason at all. You could see yourself as exceptional, smarter, more attractive, more well liked etc.

Is it a personality trait you find attractive or unattractive in another person?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *oulderingBearMan
23 weeks ago

Falme

I think I'm braver than sunshine using a blank profile but I think that is about it, so probably more conceited that some I guess.

By *weet LisaTV/TS
23 weeks ago

Crawley

"Do you think that you're better than anyone on Fab?

For any reason, any reason at all. You could see yourself as exceptional, smarter, more attractive, more well liked etc.

Is it a personality trait you find attractive or unattractive in another person? "

No-one can be more annoying than me on the Forums.

By *rill PhilMan
23 weeks ago

Crediton

I feel like I'm better than the guys who send abusive messages in response to either bing ignored or turned down.

By *eli OP   Woman
23 weeks ago

"I think I'm braver than sunshine using a blank profile but I think that is about it, so probably more conceited that some I guess. "

Maybe sunshine is more brave by letting their words do the talking rather than their avatar? That takes courage. Ha, maybe not courage. Something.

By *ilsaGeorgeCouple
23 weeks ago

kent

Certainly not. Some people here truly stand out, for all kinds of reasons. But neither of us are like that. Xx

By *lue RascalMan
23 weeks ago

Cheshire Liverpool Manchester

As an Evertonian I currently feel like I’m better than any fans of the red shite. Let me enjoy this moment.

Up the Toffees!

By *lowupdollTV/TS
23 weeks ago

Herts

I hope I’m a better version of me than yesterday.

By *eyond PurityCouple
23 weeks ago

Lincolnshire

Is it a personality trait you find attractive or unattractive in another person? "

No, I don’t feel I am better than anyone - on FAB or in life.

We probably come across as show off’s on FAB as we share things that are good in our life on FAB - we tend not to share the shit. But we use FAB for positive interaction, not as a sounding board for negativity.

I also see through BS - the faux flirting, the people who love your profile until you say no thanks.

We post decent pics and we hope this gives us an opportunity of a better experience but everyone has the same tools available to them so do what we do.

Does it help?…who knows - we’ve met some fantastic people but would we still meet them regardless, I don’t know.

K

By (user no longer on site)
23 weeks ago

I’m more attractive than nearly everyone on here. Sorry. I just am.

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
23 weeks ago

Leeds

No, I don't think anyone is better than anyone else, we all have our plus and minus's & it's a trait I do find unattractive in others.

No one's shit smells of roses, we're all human.

Mrs

23 weeks ago

Seriously though, no. I think I don’t like some opinions or moral perspectives that some have. But it doesn’t make me better. Just makes them someone I might dislike or not get on with.

By *iddlesticksMan
23 weeks ago

My nan’s spare room.

I’d say I’ve got the upper hand when it comes to talking gibberish.

By *eli OP   Woman
23 weeks ago

Is it a personality trait you find attractive or unattractive in another person?

No-one can be more annoying than me on the Forums."

I don't know about that...

By *illy IdolMan
23 weeks ago

Midlands

We probably come across as show off’s on FAB as we share things that are good in our life on FAB - we tend not to share the shit. But we use FAB for positive interaction, not as a sounding board for negativity.

I also see through BS - the faux flirting, the people who love your profile until you say no thanks.

We post decent pics and we hope this gives us an opportunity of a better experience but everyone has the same tools available to them so do what we do.

Does it help?…who knows - we’ve met some fantastic people but would we still meet them regardless, I don’t know.

K"

What's wrong with faux flirting?

By *aters139Man
23 weeks ago

Sheffield

Nope....theres always someone bigger, better - it's a fact of life not just Fab.

By *illy IdolMan
23 weeks ago

Midlands

I'm not sure you'll get truly honest answers to your question, Meli.

23 weeks ago

Nope. But someone did say a while ago somewhere, or hinted how you must think of yourself to reply to a profile that only want to meet exceptional people.

That genuinely made me think and realise, no, I don’t think I’m good enough for a person that wants that in here.

So I don’t think I’m better than anyone. But I reckon I do know stuff where others might not, but that’s another conversation.

By *inky_couple2020Couple
23 weeks ago

North West

"As an Evertonian I currently feel like I’m better than any fans of the red shite. Let me enjoy this moment.

Up the Toffees! "

My mate is devastated

By *iddlesticksMan
23 weeks ago

My nan’s spare room.

"As an Evertonian I currently feel like I’m better than any fans of the red shite. Let me enjoy this moment.

Up the Toffees!

My mate is devastated "

My mate fancies you.

By *lue RascalMan
23 weeks ago

Up the Toffees!

My mate is devastated "

Aw no Well if it makes them feel any better tell them I have absolutely zero sympathy Merseyside is blue

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
23 weeks ago

Carlisle usually

Different from thr majority for sure. But then everyone is in some ways. And better is a matter of personal perception.

I don't like to waste time on people I think are incompatible, and am often told that I'm very up myself. But it's never a case of I think I'm better than them, I just don't see any compatibility. I wouldn't make them happy, they wouldn't make me happy, so let's both go find more appropriate people for ourselves

By *inky_couple2020Couple
23 weeks ago

North West

Up the Toffees!

My mate is devastated

Aw no Well if it makes them feel any better tell them I have absolutely zero sympathy Merseyside is blue "

I'll tell him, but I might not be able to print his reply

23 weeks ago

Plenty on here do.Unattractive.

By *lue RascalMan
23 weeks ago

Up the Toffees!

My mate is devastated

Aw no Well if it makes them feel any better tell them I have absolutely zero sympathy Merseyside is blue

I'll tell him, but I might not be able to print his reply "

Completely understood Don’t want you getting banned!

23 weeks ago

We were not put in this world to like everyone.Be boring if all the same.

Like forum posts do I care if they are not liked.

The clique do irk me though always have. They know who they are.

By *endalshaggersCouple
23 weeks ago

Kendal

No we don't. We are who we are, we aren't going to change that. There are certain profiles that seem to be snottily written or it seems the profile do seem to be quite "up themselves" or very demanding wanting X Y Z. Everyone is different. If we were all exactly the same then life would be very boring!

By *r Black 85Man
23 weeks ago

nottingham

I'm better than everyone else at being me. That's all

By *bxanfCouple
23 weeks ago

Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria, Stourbridge

We don't no. We are nice friendly and easy going folks and we like to keep it light hearted.

We occasionally get called stuck up because of our club only meets rule though.

By *avinaTVTV/TS
23 weeks ago

Transsexual Transylvania

A number of men have told me I'm better than their wives and girlfriends, but they might have ulterior motives...

23 weeks ago

Tina Turner..Simply the best

Better than all the rest...she certainly was first class ...love nutbush city limits

By *esthetic21Man
23 weeks ago

Birmingham/Bristol

I tell ya who I'm better than. Horrible mean people I am better than them

By *ellhungvweMan
23 weeks ago

Cheltenham

I don’t like the phrasing “better than”. I have attributes that some people like but I don’t think that means I am better than anyone.

By *avinaTVTV/TS
23 weeks ago

Transsexual Transylvania

I'd just like to say that I am pretty exceptional. If you don't believe me, read my profile, that will confirm it.

Am I better than everyone else? Really? You're honestly asking me that?

23 weeks ago

No and I don’t get along well with those that have that attitude.

By *BWLOVER1965Man
23 weeks ago

My Own Little World

Nope definitely not better than anyone else most days feel everyone better than me without exception have more meh days lately then good

23 weeks ago

"Different from thr majority for sure. But then everyone is in some ways. And better is a matter of personal perception.

I don't like to waste time on people I think are incompatible, and am often told that I'm very up myself. But it's never a case of I think I'm better than them, I just don't see any compatibility. I wouldn't make them happy, they wouldn't make me happy, so let's both go find more appropriate people for ourselves "

Eloquently said!

By *eli OP   Woman
23 weeks ago

"I feel like I'm better than the guys who send abusive messages in response to either bing ignored or turned down."

That's fair. Maybe not as a whole thing but you're not as much of a dick.

By *odgerMooreMan
23 weeks ago

Carlisle

Im better than any woman on here at writing my name in the snow in my own pee!!

By *mber SkiesWoman
23 weeks ago

Cardiff-ish

I don’t think I’m better than anyone else (I’m really down to earth) sometimes it’s the type of message I get that turn me of that person but don’t think I’m better than them

By *oeBeansMan
23 weeks ago

Derby

I can't say I've ever thought I was better than anyone on Fab, but have seen traits in others that may make me feel as if I'm not as good as them or wouldn't be seen as good enough for them. But then by that same token, there are people who see good traits in me. I can't quite pinpoint what they are, but I'm grateful for it regardless

By *ickyKlungespeareMan
23 weeks ago

St Leonards

No-one can be more annoying than me on the Forums."

No one?

Hold my beer....

By *eli OP   Woman
23 weeks ago

K"

I don't think sharing what you enjoy, wanting to focus on the positives etc is showing off. Not always. Not in your case definitely.

I don't think it's faux flirting more... harmless flirting? People don't always flirt with intent sometimes they do it as a way of being nice or that's how they naturally are.

Utilising tools available to you so you meet those you're more suited to isn't showing off. Sensible. It's not saying you're better than, it's acknowledging and signalling what you'd like. Not sure if that's waffle!

By *iscean_dreamMan
23 weeks ago

Llanelli

Never thought of myself as better than anyone

By *illy IdolMan
23 weeks ago

Midlands

No one?

Hold my beer...."

You must be out of name changes by now

23 weeks ago

Hi Meli x

Nah, we’re all the same, flesh and bones and potentially fragile minds. I do look at some folks on the forum who remind me of my bad bits sometimes, but you just never know anyone’s background story so you can’t really judge them, plus even if you did then what would that achieve? I give you all the benefit of the doubt and try to be inclusive and involve everyone equally. Some of you seem dead nice and give me something to aspire to aswell

By *ickyKlungespeareMan
23 weeks ago

St Leonards

No one?

Hold my beer....

You must be out of name changes by now "

Completely - I'm Klungespeare for the rest of 2024 Willy .

By *eli OP   Woman
23 weeks ago

"No, I don't think anyone is better than anyone else, we all have our plus and minus's & it's a trait I do find unattractive in others.

No one's shit smells of roses, we're all human.

Mrs "

Yes, I think I view it similar to you. I can joke around about being a bit of a snob or if someone else is but fundamentally believing I'm better than another isn't attractive in my eyes.

Different? Of course. Wanting different things, viewing things differently - I like those discussions where you learn more. But not if it's a holier than thou attitude adopted.

By *eli OP   Woman
23 weeks ago

"Seriously though, no. I think I don’t like some opinions or moral perspectives that some have. But it doesn’t make me better. Just makes them someone I might dislike or not get on with. "

Your first post was valid Pickle.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
23 weeks ago

King's Crustacean

No. Not better. Different to some. Much the same as others.

But better ?

I might be better AT something but not better THAN someone.

Others are better than me AT something but NO ONE is better than me.

Besides ..... I know the danger of comparisons.

Mind you there are one or two or three or four VERY underdeveloped folk knocking about at various times.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
23 weeks ago

King's Crustacean

Up the Toffees! "

Oh lad

You made me sad

I'm not a red

But what you've just said

You called them shite

It shows your fright

For if you were sure of Ever ton

You wouldn't need to bring it on

Ohhhhhhh. Lad

You made me sad.

By *eli OP   Woman
23 weeks ago

"Nope. But someone did say a while ago somewhere, or hinted how you must think of yourself to reply to a profile that only want to meet exceptional people.

That genuinely made me think and realise, no, I don’t think I’m good enough for a person that wants that in here.

So I don’t think I’m better than anyone. But I reckon I do know stuff where others might not, but that’s another conversation. "

It's not that you're not good enough, it's that you're not compatible. You're not what they're looking for. I dislike the term exceptional but it's a good filtering out method, probably because, to some extent, the word is a tad... marmite.

I think we all know different things. Having that desire to learn from another is beautiful.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
23 weeks ago

King's Crustacean

K"

Strange how we think we come across. I never see you as show offs...

By *eli OP   Woman
23 weeks ago

"Different from thr majority for sure. But then everyone is in some ways. And better is a matter of personal perception.

I don't like to waste time on people I think are incompatible, and am often told that I'm very up myself. But it's never a case of I think I'm better than them, I just don't see any compatibility. I wouldn't make them happy, they wouldn't make me happy, so let's both go find more appropriate people for ourselves "

I don't think you're up yourself though Prey. Like you own that you're different, you know what you like and what you don't like. You're not disparaging about others nor make assumptions about them when you don't know them.

The only assumption made is that you're not compatible but that doesn't involve putting another down. I don't see that as being up yourself. More knowing yourself. What works and what doesn't.

By *eli OP   Woman
23 weeks ago

"We were not put in this world to like everyone.Be boring if all the same.

Like forum posts do I care if they are not liked.

"

I've skipped a part because it's not the thread for that discussion.

I don't think everyone does like everyone, that's not quite the question. You are right though, we're not all the same and that's very much a good thing. Echo chambers quickly grow dull.

By *illy IdolMan
23 weeks ago

Midlands

No one?

Hold my beer....

You must be out of name changes by now

Completely - I'm Klungespeare for the rest of 2024 Willy ."

Could be worse

By *illy IdolMan
23 weeks ago

Midlands

[Removed by poster at 25/04/24 14:28:27]

By *eli OP   Woman
23 weeks ago

"I'm better than everyone else at being me. That's all "

That's really sweet MrBlack! Made me smile.

By *iss.Bella.Woman
23 weeks ago

North Wales

No I don't believe anyone is better or worse than anyone else. We've just all got different perspectives, life experiences and ethics

By *eli OP   Woman
23 weeks ago

"I don’t think I’m better than anyone else (I’m really down to earth) sometimes it’s the type of message I get that turn me of that person but don’t think I’m better than them "

Being turned off is more than okay and allowed. Down to earth is good as well.

By *ensuallover1000Man
23 weeks ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

I am Jesus

By *tylebender03Man
23 weeks ago

Manchester

The dregs of society are on here

By *mber SkiesWoman
23 weeks ago

Cardiff-ish

"I don’t think I’m better than anyone else (I’m really down to earth) sometimes it’s the type of message I get that turn me of that person but don’t think I’m better than them

Being turned off is more than okay and allowed. Down to earth is good as well. "

By *eli OP   Woman
23 weeks ago

"Hi Meli x

Nah, we’re all the same, flesh and bones and potentially fragile minds. I do look at some folks on the forum who remind me of my bad bits sometimes, but you just never know anyone’s background story so you can’t really judge them, plus even if you did then what would that achieve? I give you all the benefit of the doubt and try to be inclusive and involve everyone equally. Some of you seem dead nice and give me something to aspire to aswell "

Hi -man-

You know when you post like this? A serious and sensible post? My face does this. That's an accurate depiction of it, right down to the moon face qualities of it.

I don't think anyone knows someone's back story. By having preconceived notions you're saying that you don't want to learn another person. That your view is right, regardless of their story and experiences. It's reductive, dismissive and a shame.

I like when people give others the benefit of the doubt but I think it's more than that. It's giving someone space to them and showing a genuine interest in another person - that's a quality I find attractive in others.

By *ittlebirdWoman
23 weeks ago

The Big Smoke

Nope

By *sWyldWoman
23 weeks ago

Edinburgh

No but equally I try hard to no longer think I'm any worse or less than anyone else either.

Some days that's hard but I think it's important to realise.

By *eli OP   Woman
23 weeks ago

"No but equally I try hard to no longer think I'm any worse or less than anyone else either.

Some days that's hard but I think it's important to realise. "

Oh Wyld. You're really not lesser. It is important to realise. The right people help remind you of that but it's something you need to realise for yourself, x

23 weeks ago

Nope I’m not better than anyone, I’d say I’m worse than most but hey ho one day someone will like me

By *eyond PurityCouple
23 weeks ago

Lincolnshire

"

K

What's wrong with faux flirting?"

Nothing is wrong with it at all…it’s just not for me.

You get quite a few serial flirters and I wonder if they actually even private message each other - seems strange to me that people do it in public but not privately.

If it works for people then great

K

By *urry BlokeMan
23 weeks ago

I think I am on a different page than a lot of people here

It does, however, takes a lot of pages to make a book and all of the pages contribute to the story

By *rBobbMan
23 weeks ago

Birmingham

I try really hard to be the best person I can be. That certainly makes me no better or worse than anyone else.

By *ookie46Woman
23 weeks ago

Deepest darkest Peru

Nope

By *alcon77Man
23 weeks ago

under the sun & the moon

Tom is better than me.

I'm a peasant compared the viscount of the kingdom of essex..

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
23 weeks ago

Stockport

I'm definitely better at something than everyone else on fab. Not really sure what... Probably collecting... Collecting comics (about 40,000 over a period of 45 years)... Collecting books (the house ran out of shelf space years ago)... Collecting music (too many CDs and vinyl to count)... Collecting lingerie and sex outfits (more than I can wear)... Collecting anything to do with computers (software held on paper tape and five inch floppy disks, 1968 computer manuals, devices using obsolete interface connectors, books on every aspect of programming, hardware ancient and modern)... The only thing I don't seem to accumulate is a sex life...

By *parkle1974Woman
23 weeks ago

Leeds

Anyone who thinks that they are should give their head a wobble!

23 weeks ago

Exceptional, no

Smarter, yes

More attractive, no

Well liked, hahaaaaaa, no

By *oft_SensualTV/TS
23 weeks ago

Yorkshire

I'm better than most here at being a shit magnet

By *eroLondonMan
23 weeks ago

Mayfair

"Anyone who thinks that they are should give their head a wobble! "

Tell that to the Headless Horseman who reckons himself above all others. Pesky fellow that he is!

23 weeks ago

I'm not better, I'm Outstanding.

Seriously, they won't let me in. It's freezing.

By *agnar73Man
23 weeks ago

Glasgow

Nah. I’m not doing trash talk, let people experience and know from there

By *ot to giggleWoman
23 weeks ago

Coventry

im sometimes think im better at being me but then sometimes i feel that im not even very good a being that - sometimes people call me out on various things, my profile was one - so no i don't think i am better than anyone but i would like to think that i would be there for anyone.

and then i remember sometimes it fab and i turn it off and go and have a cup of coffee and cheese

By *ealMissShadyWoman
23 weeks ago

St Albans/ Welsh Borders

"Anyone who thinks that they are should give their head a wobble! "

I was going to post exactly the same thing.

I mean, it's a question that isn't going to get a straight and honest answer too but it is pretty clear who thinks like that despite what they say.

By *eli OP   Woman
23 weeks ago

"Anyone who thinks that they are should give their head a wobble!

I mean, it's a question that isn't going to get a straight and honest answer too but it is pretty clear who thinks like that despite what they say. "

Is it that clear? I mean it's obvious when someone says something which shows it very clearly but otherwise it's making an assumption. Others can say assume the same about us (a general us).

I do think a good head wobble wouldn't be a bad idea if they do think like that though.

23 weeks ago

"Seriously though, no. I think I don’t like some opinions or moral perspectives that some have. But it doesn’t make me better. Just makes them someone I might dislike or not get on with.

Your first post was valid Pickle. "

It’s true. I’m too sexy

By *eli OP   Woman
23 weeks ago

"I think I am on a different page than a lot of people here

It does, however, takes a lot of pages to make a book and all of the pages contribute to the story"

That's such a lovely way of explaining this idea. I really like it, thank you!

By *parkle1974Woman
23 weeks ago

Leeds

I mean, it's a question that isn't going to get a straight and honest answer too but it is pretty clear who thinks like that despite what they say. "

That is so true.

By *rimal InstinctCouple
23 weeks ago

Carlisle

[Removed by poster at 25/04/24 22:56:31]

By *oeBeansMan
23 weeks ago

Derby

I'm sure some people do, however, does it serve any kind of purpose to throw that conjecture out there?

By *rimal InstinctCouple
23 weeks ago

Carlisle

Fuck no.

Everyone shits and pisses, everyone has worth and is the same. It's just some choose different paths and do what they will with what they have. No one is no better than me, despite the walking with a stick, being deaf one side, the tone deaf singing or anything else that I can think of. But I am also not better than anyone else either.

Some people maybe more talented at something, have trained harder to achieve something else, but it doesnt been that they are a better person than anyone else. It just means they have used their time, their skills, dedication, or a different type of behaviour or whatever in a different way to someone else.

Sorry, this just boils my piss when people look down on others and think themselves better than others.

Mrs

By *ittleMissCheekWoman
23 weeks ago

Naas

Definitely not!!

Very ordinary, slightly too fluffy, 40 year old mum.

I'm no better or worse than any other human, we are all just bumbling along trying to find meaning on this tiny blue rock we call home.

By *ealMissShadyWoman
23 weeks ago

St Albans/ Welsh Borders

Fuck no.

Everyone shits and pisses, everyone has worth and is the same. It's just some choose different paths and do what they will with what they have. No one is no better than me, despite the walking with a stick, being deaf one side, the tone deaf singing or anything else that I can think of. But I am also not better than anyone else either.

Some people maybe more talented at something, have trained harder to achieve something else, but it doesnt been that they are a better person than anyone else. It just means they have used their time, their skills, dedication, or a different type of behaviour or whatever in a different way to someone else.

Sorry, this just boils my piss when people look down on others and think themselves better than others.

Mrs"

Ie, so true. Everyone's shit still stinks regardless of class, attitude and attribute

By *ealMissShadyWoman
23 weeks ago

St Albans/ Welsh Borders

I mean, it's a question that isn't going to get a straight and honest answer too but it is pretty clear who thinks like that despite what they say.

That is so true."

You get it

23 weeks ago

[Removed by poster at 25/04/24 23:33:52]

23 weeks ago

[Removed by poster at 25/04/24 23:34:26]

23 weeks ago

I don't think I am better than anyone ... notnon fab or real life.

..... I am however far more intelligent than that minority of fab cavemen then frequent so many ladies inboxes ....

23 weeks ago

"Hi Meli x

Nah, we’re all the same, flesh and bones and potentially fragile minds. I do look at some folks on the forum who remind me of my bad bits sometimes, but you just never know anyone’s background story so you can’t really judge them, plus even if you did then what would that achieve? I give you all the benefit of the doubt and try to be inclusive and involve everyone equally. Some of you seem dead nice and give me something to aspire to aswell

Hi -man-

You know when you post like this? A serious and sensible post? My face does this. That's an accurate depiction of it, right down to the moon face qualities of it.

I don't think anyone knows someone's back story. By having preconceived notions you're saying that you don't want to learn another person. That your view is right, regardless of their story and experiences. It's reductive, dismissive and a shame.

I like when people give others the benefit of the doubt but I think it's more than that. It's giving someone space to them and showing a genuine interest in another person - that's a quality I find attractive in others.

"

Awww Meli, you are warming to me!

(My diary is still empty next Wednesday )

By *ophieslutTV/TS
23 weeks ago

Central

We're all mostly average, though there will be little bits of outliers, sparkled inside us

Post new Message to Thread