Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

School Shoe Cost

Jump to newest

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
23 weeks ago

Chelmsford

A school in a place called Ovindean, soon to be swallowed into Brighton, and named Valley of the People in Olde English has a school shoe problem. Pupils were turning up in so called Air Force 1 trainers made by Nike which is the sports wear company named after the Greek God of Victory. Although the shoes cost over 100 notes and are all black, the school have banned them and insist on more traditional shoes. The down side is the extra cost to parents and for pupils sent home to change. The upside is that it won't take them long to get there in Air Force 1 trainers. What is going on here guys? It's all over the news.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
23 weeks ago

Cobblers.

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

23 weeks ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

Normal school shoes are way cheaper than £100 and there won't be the traditional playground bullying of those that can't afford the Nikes.

I see no issue.

By *UFSWoman
23 weeks ago

belfast

Why would any parent send their kids to school in trainers,no matter what the cost if it's against the schools regulations on uniform?

23 weeks ago

Decent proper shoes cost about £70 to £90 .... cheap ones don't last

My youngest has to wear proper shoes, clearly on uniform policy and no trainers allowed. Send home if wrong.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
23 weeks ago

King's Crustacean

What a non story.

The kids wear the trainers because they want to - regardless of what their parents say.

It makes problems for the schools who then have to challenge the pupils.

In Utopia the children wouldn't be challenged and then we can all watch society slip into chaos as the children decide what other rules they are not going to comply with.

They could all stop wearing the school skirt or trousers for example and wear arse out denims shorts that cut up the crack and have cotton threads hanging. Followed by boob tubes or cut of T shirts for all .......

Maybe is parents actually took a proactive stance instead the children would only have access to their trainers in after school times but why expect parents to bother their little arses about anything when they can say ' well if you get caught and sent home , don't blame me' ........

I do.

By *tlanshiaWoman
23 weeks ago

Chatham

My kid wears trainers, because of his autism and sensory needs he tends to go through school shoes in a month to 6 weeks. Even the more expensive ones. So he wears trainers because they're a bit more hardy.

By *ot to giggleWoman
23 weeks ago

Coventry

There are school uniform lists, they always do it as long as there has been school uniform policy.. wrong trousers, skirts, shoes.

It as if some people see the rules and think it doesn't apply to them. It was the logo thing that was more annoying but i think they dealt with that ...

By *andyfloss2000Woman
23 weeks ago

ashford

Reminds me of a lad on our street he must b 40 odd by now! He used to get out of sight of his parents house then change his school shoes for trainers in his bag! Bumped into him on a local face book page a year or so ago! I reminded him! He remembered doing it ha ha! X

By *glyBettyTV/TS
23 weeks ago

About 3 feet away from the fence

I wore school shoes for about a week when I was 7 years old.

Left my feet in blisters when I tried to do the unthinkable during break time & actually run around, playing football etc.

They were so uncomfortable my parents sent me to school in trainers from that day forward until I was 16.

You shouldn't be forced to wear uncomfortable & impractical shoes anywhere, but especially at school.

23 weeks ago

"A school in a place called Ovindean, soon to be swallowed into Brighton, and named Valley of the People in Olde English has a school shoe problem. Pupils were turning up in so called Air Force 1 trainers made by Nike which is the sports wear company named after the Greek God of Victory. Although the shoes cost over 100 notes and are all black, the school have banned them and insist on more traditional shoes. The down side is the extra cost to parents and for pupils sent home to change. The upside is that it won't take them long to get there in Air Force 1 trainers. What is going on here guys? It's all over the news."

I would love some Air Ones

23 weeks ago

"My kid wears trainers, because of his autism and sensory needs he tends to go through school shoes in a month to 6 weeks. Even the more expensive ones. So he wears trainers because they're a bit more hardy. "

This is more than acceptable.

By *ommander_StraxMan
23 weeks ago

Telford

I bought my 7 year old new shoes last week. Thankfully, she's still of the age where she doesn't care about designer stuff. Still, £20 is £20.

She wrecked them a few hours into the day at the first break time.

THIS is why I don't buy her expensive stuff!

By *hrough the looking gla55Couple
23 weeks ago

Cheam

I don’t disagree with trainers in school as long as they meet the requirements and look smart because our daughter has out grown the sturdy school shoes range and can burn through a pair of shoes in three months easily. So there’s no way I’ll get her a pair of Nikes

By *rozac_fairyCouple
23 weeks ago

Tamworth

Honestly I've never understood the problem with black trainers being used at school as shoes.

Take a look at many school shoe providers such as Asda, Shoezone etc and you'll find many shoes that would pass as trainers.

For us, we've found black trainers last longer than school shoes, the kids usually grow out of them before they're wrecked, classic school shoes seem to last a couple of months, regardless of whether we've opted for cheap or gone to Clarkes.

Had a child wear through a pair of Docs Mary Jane style shoes when I gave up, bit the bullet and figured they'd be hardy enough for her, they lasted 3 months.

My bank balance would appreciate trainers being an option. Or perhaps at the least, schools allowing kids to change into trainers during breaks and lunch.

By *ornucopiaMan
23 weeks ago

Bexley

Am I glad I decided not to have children.

I would probably have become ostracised by the other parents for not allowing my children to be craze zombies.

£100 for trainers? You cannot be serious.

My current Ten Tex trainers cost me well under £20about two years ago. They are all black and pass for acceptable shoes. They have lasted extremely well, Occasionally I touch them up with a black shoe brush with some polish and they look as good as new.

As soon as I bought them, I realised how good they were and I bought another pair but I won't be resorting to them yet awhile.

In the words of a former girlfriend, Nike 'can go and have a funny run'.

By *inky_couple2020Couple
23 weeks ago

North West

"I bought my 7 year old new shoes last week. Thankfully, she's still of the age where she doesn't care about designer stuff. Still, £20 is £20.

She wrecked them a few hours into the day at the first break time.

THIS is why I don't buy her expensive stuff! "

Same age child's Clarks school shoes cost £60. Scuffed and battered within a couple of days. Urgh

By *ornucopiaMan
23 weeks ago

Bexley

I forgot the obvious solution.

What's wrong with crocs (with socks in winter) for school footwear?

By *exyEggsCouple
23 weeks ago

North East Scotland, mostly

"Cobblers."

Ah, welcome back, punderful Pete!

Mrs TMN x

By *exyEggsCouple
23 weeks ago

North East Scotland, mostly

" The upside is that it won't take them long to get there in Air Force 1 trainers. "

Some of your finest work here, Tom

By *ophieslutTV/TS
23 weeks ago

Central

It would be good to have a policy that includes trainers, within style parameters.

Got my first Nike Air today and DPD delivered earlier than their scheduled time, so I was in . Almost £45 and they're towards the bottom of the price range.

By *rHotNottsMan
23 weeks ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Much more practical than ballet shoes

Do they still make little girls wear short skirts and little boys shorts, the people who come up with these ancient laws are closet pedo’s

23 weeks ago

North West

"Much more practical than ballet shoes

Do they still make little girls wear short skirts and little boys shorts, the people who come up with these ancient laws are closet pedo’s

"

I hate the selection of shoes for "girls". I get my daughter shoes from what is labelled the boy's section, usually.

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
23 weeks ago

Chelmsford

I hate the selection of shoes for "girls". I get my daughter shoes from what is labelled the boy's section, usually. "

Why don't you like shoes for girls?

By *uri00620Woman
23 weeks ago

Croydon

We have kids turning up in similar trainers. To be honest I don't much care but if there is a uniform policy then it should be adhered to. Otherwise how can a child determine what rules can be flouted with no consequence and what cannot be?

Many pupils don't look after belongings. Kids are chaotic, it happens.We have mountains of lost property which includes very expensive trainers sat there without being claimed. The disposable culture that is being fostered though from this is quite depressing. If a child can't look after a pair of expensive trainers their parents bought there's really no hope they'll look after anything the school gives them. That then becomes a daily battle in the classroom.

23 weeks ago

North West

I hate the selection of shoes for "girls". I get my daughter shoes from what is labelled the boy's section, usually.

Why don't you like shoes for girls?"

Because the styles are impractical and flimsy. Styles aimed at girls often have open tops with ballet style or T-bars. Feet get wet in the rain. Styles aimed at boys cover the whole foot almost 100% of the time. Ballet style shoes are also unsupportive and bad for feet. And the girls' styles seem to be made with thinner leather and they wear out much faster.

By *ad NannaWoman
23 weeks ago

East London

My children had Kickers for school, like most kids did and still do.

Back in the 90s they were £75 a pair for my son, but lasted all year.

I paid similar for my grandson 10 years ago and they fell apart after getting wet.

I think trainers are a good option for secondary school. Primary schools allow them as long as they are all black.

By *ad NannaWoman
23 weeks ago

East London

"It would be good to have a policy that includes trainers, within style parameters.

Got my first Nike Air today and DPD delivered earlier than their scheduled time, so I was in . Almost £45 and they're towards the bottom of the price range. "

£45 is cheap for trainers.

By *ornucopiaMan
23 weeks ago

Bexley

"It would be good to have a policy that includes trainers, within style parameters.

Got my first Nike Air today and DPD delivered earlier than their scheduled time, so I was in . Almost £45 and they're towards the bottom of the price range.

£45 is cheap for trainers.

"

I guess that £45 is peanuts to parents who have to buy Range Rovers to take their children to school but it is still double what I have ever paid for any pair of shoes so far.

Post new Message to Thread