Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Why does height matter?

Jump to newest

By *ed Martin OP   Man
23 weeks ago

Shefford

Something I see on Fab/ online dating profiles a lot is ladies who state a minimum height for the men they are looking for- sometimes with literally no other text at all; nothing about the accompanying personality within those feet and inches, and nothing about their own characteristics. I find that baffling: doesn’t compatibility in a relationship-or just sexual compatibility for that matter- need far more than him being tall relative to her? Surely nobody wants to date/sleep with a walking red flag collection simply because the relative height difference is acceptable?!

Ladies of the lounge, perhaps you can shed some light on this for me? Why do you have a height preference? Is it purely for aesthetics? Do you accept the risk of missing out on an otherwise perfect dating match simply because of their height?

And gents- how do you feel about this? Would it bother you if your partner was taller than you? Would you swipe past them if they were?

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
23 weeks ago

Height matters to me being tall.

You say it like it's height and everything else doesn't matter. It does. I can like someone who's tall who is actually a decent guy aswell.

It's not one or the other.

Reply privately

By *ed Martin OP   Man
23 weeks ago

Shefford

By way of a disclaimer, I’m not bitter about this issue, I just find it a fascinating microcosm of human behaviour in the field of dating and relationships. I’m 5’7”, which is apparently 3inches shorter than the average UK male, but I’m quite secure about my height and have dated people taller and shorter than me without it ever being an issue for me…but I have began to wonder if they were secretly hating it all the time we were together!

Reply privately

By *issmorganWoman
23 weeks ago

Calderdale innit

I'm used to tall, my partner is 6ft3.

Reply privately

By *antastic_Mr_Fox_76Man
23 weeks ago

District 13

I’m not tall but when I read profiles stating looking for men 6’ or above I just move on

That is their preference and I’m not a match similarly however I favor women 5’8” and below

Reply privately

23 weeks ago

"By way of a disclaimer, I’m not bitter about this issue, I just find it a fascinating microcosm of human behaviour in the field of dating and relationships. I’m 5’7”, which is apparently 3inches shorter than the average UK male, but I’m quite secure about my height and have dated people taller and shorter than me without it ever being an issue for me…but I have began to wonder if they were secretly hating it all the time we were together!"

For me it's just one of many things I want.

I wouldn't go for someone who was good looking but boring as fuck same as I wouldn't go for someone who had a great personality but I wasn't physically attracted to.

So I'm not gonna go for someone shorter than me when I can have taller and still be good looking and have the personality.

Reply privately

By *ed Martin OP   Man
23 weeks ago

Shefford

Sorry, perhaps I didn’t explain this as clearly as I thought I had- I’m saying that things other than height matter as much, if not more, than height; but the frequency with which a height requirement is the only information on a profile creates an impression that (for some people at least) height is the only thing that matters.

Reply privately

23 weeks ago

"Sorry, perhaps I didn’t explain this as clearly as I thought I had- I’m saying that things other than height matter as much, if not more, than height; but the frequency with which a height requirement is the only information on a profile creates an impression that (for some people at least) height is the only thing that matters."

Maybe because it's easy to rule out. Stating good looking doesn't help anyone.

Reply privately

By *ed Martin OP   Man
23 weeks ago

Shefford

"I’m not tall but when I read profiles stating looking for men 6’ or above I just move on

That is their preference and I’m not a match similarly however I favor women 5’8” and below "

Same here, but each time I move on I end up pondering this question! I get it’s their preference, I’m just curious why it’s a preference, hence wanting to explore the topic with the Fab lounge collective brain!

Reply privately

23 weeks ago

It actually doesn’t bother me. I completely fancy a couple of women on here that are taller than me. There’s a certain blonde girl that has me stunned every time I look at her.

Just because they’re taller than me, how the hell does that mean I can’t find them absolutely amazing.

Okay, I do know I have a lot of fun in a bed with a shorter woman, they’re easy to throw around … I see it is if they’re taller than me, I might have to put in a little more effort

Reply privately

23 weeks ago

"It actually doesn’t bother me. I completely fancy a couple of women on here that are taller than me. There’s a certain blonde girl that has me stunned every time I look at her.

Just because they’re taller than me, how the hell does that mean I can’t find them absolutely amazing.

Okay, I do know I have a lot of fun in a bed with a shorter woman, they’re easy to throw around … I see it is if they’re taller than me, I might have to put in a little more effort "

This is exactly why I go for taller men.

Reply privately

By *lowupdollTV/TS
23 weeks ago

Herts

People have preferences. That’s all it is.

Reply privately

23 weeks ago

District 13

"I’m not tall but when I read profiles stating looking for men 6’ or above I just move on

That is their preference and I’m not a match similarly however I favor women 5’8” and below

Same here, but each time I move on I end up pondering this question! I get it’s their preference, I’m just curious why it’s a preference, hence wanting to explore the topic with the Fab lounge collective brain!"

Fair one but I don’t think about it, I read and if not suited due to height, head of hair, build etc I move on and face forward to someone who matches me in hopes I match them

Reply privately

By *ilsaGeorgeCouple
23 weeks ago

kent

This is just a thought, so take it with a pinch of salt, but perhaps the reason height matters to some is because deep down, most of us are still influenced by ancient biological imperatives, despite what our enlightened intellectual faculties might suggest. So a woman likes to feel safe and protected in the arms of a man who is bigger than her, and a man likes to feel strong and dominant when his arms are wrapped around a woman who is smaller. For the average person this situation pretty much resolves itself, but for tall women and short men, it can become a thing to consider. Like I say, Just a thought. Xx

Reply privately

23 weeks ago

"It actually doesn’t bother me. I completely fancy a couple of women on here that are taller than me. There’s a certain blonde girl that has me stunned every time I look at her.

Okay, I do know I have a lot of fun in a bed with a shorter woman, they’re easy to throw around … I see it is if they’re taller than me, I might have to put in a little more effort

"

On behalf of the shorter men, we’ve noticed.

Reply privately

By *ed Martin OP   Man
23 weeks ago

Shefford

"Sorry, perhaps I didn’t explain this as clearly as I thought I had- I’m saying that things other than height matter as much, if not more, than height; but the frequency with which a height requirement is the only information on a profile creates an impression that (for some people at least) height is the only thing that matters.

"

True, but is saying “6’3” more helpful than “good-looking” or should we/they be selecting based on shared hobbies or values? Thanks for the replies, BTW, I appreciate your insight!

Reply privately

By *eliWoman
23 weeks ago

It doesn't matter. To me.

I'm average height for a woman and have had lovers of all shapes, sizes and heights. The only time it does matter is if the other thinks it matters. If I don't feel comfortable wearing heels around them.

I do think that height on a man can be a green flag enough that women will go colour blind and ignore red flags.

Also, women like to feel smaller with a man at times. Men like women to be smaller than them. Look at how men talk about petite women etc. Is that right? I don't know. It's not a factor for me but I know it can be for others.

Reply privately

23 weeks ago

"Sorry, perhaps I didn’t explain this as clearly as I thought I had- I’m saying that things other than height matter as much, if not more, than height; but the frequency with which a height requirement is the only information on a profile creates an impression that (for some people at least) height is the only thing that matters.

True, but is saying “6’3” more helpful than “good-looking” or should we/they be selecting based on shared hobbies or values? Thanks for the replies, BTW, I appreciate your insight!"

Hobbies and values? I want sex not a husband.

Reply privately

23 weeks ago

District 13

True, but is saying “6’3” more helpful than “good-looking” or should we/they be selecting based on shared hobbies or values? Thanks for the replies, BTW, I appreciate your insight!

Hobbies and values? I want sex not a husband."

Reply privately

23 weeks ago

District 13

True, but is saying “6’3” more helpful than “good-looking” or should we/they be selecting based on shared hobbies or values? Thanks for the replies, BTW, I appreciate your insight!"

Be like Elsa

Reply privately

By *ed Martin OP   Man
23 weeks ago

Shefford

"This is just a thought, so take it with a pinch of salt, but perhaps the reason height matters to some is because deep down, most of us are still influenced by ancient biological imperatives, despite what our enlightened intellectual faculties might suggest. So a woman likes to feel safe and protected in the arms of a man who is bigger than her, and a man likes to feel strong and dominant when his arms are wrapped around a woman who is smaller. For the average person this situation pretty much resolves itself, but for tall women and short men, it can become a thing to consider. Like I say, Just a thought. Xx "

I think at some level, this may be a part of it, yeah- we can never entirely stop thinking with our animal brains, even as society evolves into different models of what makes for security in a relationship etc.

Reply privately

By *oxy jWoman
23 weeks ago

somerset

why does anything matter??? well because it does its preference to what we like .... im 5ft'1 but i like taller guys 5ft 6 is max for me ... why .. well it is thats all people need to know ..

and we are not missing out on anyone we all have a preference / sexual attraction and we tend to follow that those that simply fall outside of whats wanted are not wanted so we are not missing out at all .... we all know what and whom we like ...we are not here to give out sympathy shags

Reply privately

23 weeks ago

" I might have to put in a little more effort

On behalf of the shorter men, we’ve noticed. "

I do love it when guys see having sex with me as effort because I'm tall.

It's awesome.

Reply privately

By *JcuriousCouple
23 weeks ago

Derby

We just see it as their preference and get on with it

Miss S x

Reply privately

By *ed Martin OP   Man
23 weeks ago

Shefford

Hobbies and values? I want sex not a husband."

You make a good point…but then I’d suggest that height is even less important compared to other measurements, skill, stamina and consent-based discussions! (Just playing devil’s advocate!)

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
23 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

Sort of the opposite of what you're asking, but I won't see anyone over a certain height (who are probably freakishly rare anyway) because I had a catastrophically bad relationship with someone who was freakishly tall.

Reply privately

23 weeks ago

You make a good point…but then I’d suggest that height is even less important compared to other measurements, skill, stamina and consent-based discussions! (Just playing devil’s advocate!)"

No because I want it al. I want the height, I want the nice face and hot body and the decent personality.

It might just be sex but why would I comprise when I can get that?

Reply privately

By *ed Martin OP   Man
23 weeks ago

Shefford

"why does anything matter??? well because it does its preference to what we like .... im 5ft'1 but i like taller guys 5ft 6 is max for me ... why .. well it is thats all people need to know ..

and we are not missing out on anyone we all have a preference / sexual attraction and we tend to follow that those that simply fall outside of whats wanted are not wanted so we are not missing out at all .... we all know what and whom we like ...we are not here to give out sympathy shags "

I totally agree that a preference is a legitimate thing, I’m not suggesting anybody goes against those- just curious about why people have a preference that on an objective, dispassionate level can appear so arbitrary in comparison to other factors.

Reply privately

23 weeks ago

District 13

[Removed by poster at 23/04/24 16:07:34]

Reply privately

23 weeks ago

District 13

"why does anything matter??? well because it does its preference to what we like .... im 5ft'1 but i like taller guys 5ft 6 is max for me ... why .. well it is thats all people need to know ..

and we are not missing out on anyone we all have a preference / sexual attraction and we tend to follow that those that simply fall outside of whats wanted are not wanted so we are not missing out at all .... we all know what and whom we like ...we are not here to give out sympathy shags

I totally agree that a preference is a legitimate thing, I’m not suggesting anybody goes against those- just curious about why people have a preference that on an objective, dispassionate level can appear so arbitrary in comparison to other factors."

Because it is what it is there must be thing you prefer from your playing partner that don’t fit many but are they wrong for not “fitting” into your preferences

Reply privately

By *ed Martin OP   Man
23 weeks ago

Shefford

You make a good point…but then I’d suggest that height is even less important compared to other measurements, skill, stamina and consent-based discussions! (Just playing devil’s advocate!)

No because I want it al. I want the height, I want the nice face and hot body and the decent personality.

"

You’re totally entitled to the whole package, I agree- my last comment was a lame joke. Would your priorities differ or be more flexible if you were looking for a relationship?

Reply privately

23 weeks ago

You’re totally entitled to the whole package, I agree- my last comment was a lame joke. Would your priorities differ or be more flexible if you were looking for a relationship?"

A relationship

Reply privately

By *ed Martin OP   Man
23 weeks ago

Shefford

I totally agree that a preference is a legitimate thing, I’m not suggesting anybody goes against those- just curious about why people have a preference that on an objective, dispassionate level can appear so arbitrary in comparison to other factors.

Because it is what it is there must be thing you prefer from your playing partner that don’t fit many but are they wrong for not “fitting” into your preferences "

I’m not saying any individual is right or wrong for having a preference, it’s interesting to talk about why preferences are shaped the way they are though.

Reply privately

By *ot to giggleWoman
23 weeks ago

Coventry

my preference is for my height or above, i feel awkward with people shorter than me

Reply privately

23 weeks ago

District 13

Because it is what it is there must be thing you prefer from your playing partner that don’t fit many but are they wrong for not “fitting” into your preferences

I’m not saying any individual is right or wrong for having a preference, it’s interesting to talk about why preferences are shaped the way they are though."

Each to their own and good luck with the investigations

Reply privately

By *ed Martin OP   Man
23 weeks ago

Shefford

"Sort of the opposite of what you're asking, but I won't see anyone over a certain height (who are probably freakishly rare anyway) because I had a catastrophically bad relationship with someone who was freakishly tall."

Thanks for the insight- I can really see how a bad experience with one person can colour opinions of people with a shared characteristic- but I hadn’t considered that height would come into play in this way until now.

Reply privately

23 weeks ago

[Removed by poster at 23/04/24 16:13:47]

Reply privately

23 weeks ago

"

" we are not here to give out sympathy shags "

Both these ... if I wanted to choose just on regular hobbies and values then I'd be on one of the proper dating apps. But I am not.

I am not going to shag someone who doesn't meet my own personal view of who I find attractive. Height, personality, looks etc etc ... I am allowed to have a preference and make no apology to those who may find me attractive and want to shag me but it's not reciprocated .... plenty of guys I find attractive don't like me physically or want to shag me ... I am not bothered.

Reply privately

By *ed Martin OP   Man
23 weeks ago

Shefford

"my preference is for my height or above, i feel awkward with people shorter than me "

This way of defining it makes more sense when written down than seeing a numerical height cut-off being stated. Does this mean that if you are dating someone a similar height to yourself you end up second-guessing your choice of high-heels at all?

Reply privately

By *herrybakewellCouple
23 weeks ago

Staffordshire

I got rejected a while back for being to short lol.

We all have preferences, that's how this works.

Reply privately

By *layfullsamMan
23 weeks ago

Solihull

Only worked once when a petite girl in a club said “wow you’re tall, can I climb you”

Reply privately

By *eroLondonMan
23 weeks ago

Mayfair

It doesn't bother me — I'm not 'heightist'.

Like most men I've also come across profiles where women have stated a minimum height preference which is often (way) above my height. I have no issues with that and respect their preferences.

Reply privately

By *ad NannaWoman
23 weeks ago

East London

Why does weight matter to some men?

Or height, when they look for petite women?

Reply privately

By *ed Martin OP   Man
23 weeks ago

Shefford

"Hobbies and values? I want sex not a husband.

"

" we are not here to give out sympathy shags "

Both these ... if I wanted to choose just on regular hobbies and values then I'd be on one of the proper dating apps. But I am not.

I am not going to shag someone who doesn't meet my own personal view of who I find attractive. Height, personality, looks etc etc ... I am allowed to have a preference and make no apology to those who may find me attractive and want to shag me but it's not reciprocated .... plenty of guys I find attractive don't like me physically or want to shag me ... I am not bothered."

That’s absolutely your prerogative, and the best of luck with it!

Reply privately

By *aters139Man
23 weeks ago

Sheffield

Height is a bit like age...but if an arbitrary cut off. Someone said it best earlier...you wouldn't discount people in a club on age\height if you fancied them, so why on here..

I get some ladies are tall and don't want a short-arse...like my good self.

But I find it strange when someone is 5ft2 and wants someone 5ft11 or above.

Reply privately

By *agnar73Man
23 weeks ago

Glasgow

"Only worked once when a petite girl in a club said “wow you’re tall, can I climb you” "

That’s the dream.

Reply privately

By *layfullsamMan
23 weeks ago

Solihull

"Why does weight matter to some men?

"

Personal preference and what floats someone’s boat I guess

Reply privately

By *iscean_dreamMan
23 weeks ago

Llanelli

My fwb won't play with anyone under 5'9 because she's tall herself and preferences don't bother me because it just means I'm not for them if I don't match them.

You wouldn't order clothes in a size not suitable for you now would you?

Reply privately

By *ed Martin OP   Man
23 weeks ago

Shefford

"

I can’t speak for the weight thing as I’ve not seen examples of it, but I imagine men looking for petite women is simply an inversion of the same phenomena as I’m asking about, and which someone else in thread assigned to our primitive, subconscious thinking.

Reply privately

By *agnar73Man
23 weeks ago

Glasgow

I suppose when I looked at dating I hoped for someone that wasn’t a big height gap, but maybe it really doesn’t matter?

Reply privately

By *oo..Woman
23 weeks ago

Boo's World

"Risk of missing out" ?

I'm not feeling that in the slightest by liking men to be taller than myself, doesn't have to be by loads it's just what I like.

I also don't want to be seen walking down the road holding hands with a man that's a lot shorter than myself, from the back it just looks like a mother walking her child along!

Can't be doing with that!

Reply privately

23 weeks ago

District 13

""Risk of missing out" ?

I'm not feeling that in the slightest by liking men to be taller than myself, doesn't have to be by loads it's just what I like.

I also don't want to be seen walking down the road holding hands with a man that's a lot shorter than myself, from the back it just looks like a mother walking her child along!

Can't be doing with that! "

I pictured it

Reply privately

By *ed Martin OP   Man
23 weeks ago

Shefford

"Only worked once when a petite girl in a club said “wow you’re tall, can I climb you” "

That line would have worked on me too, but I don’t think I’m destined to ever hear it-I don’t go to nightclubs!

Reply privately

By *ed Martin OP   Man
23 weeks ago

Shefford

""Risk of missing out" ?

Can't be doing with that! "

There’s an easy way to avoid that- only walk down the road with a short guy who has male pattern baldness- no chance of him being mistaken for a child then!

Reply privately

By *rozac_fairyCouple
23 weeks ago

Tamworth

It's just a preference, same as all other preferences. It doesn't mean anything past someone being more attracted to people who fit that preference

Reply privately

By *ea monkeyMan
23 weeks ago

Manchester (he/him)

I guess it’s just one of those things that some people like or want. An arbitrary thing that some like in order to feel desirable or desired?

Only the person expressing it can really answer as to ‘why’ and few people actually want to find the answer out about themselves.

As is often the case, these things usually bother those that it excludes far more than those expressing it

Reply privately

By *oo..Woman
23 weeks ago

Boo's World

""Risk of missing out" ?

There’s an easy way to avoid that- only walk down the road with a short guy who has male pattern baldness- no chance of him being mistaken for a child then!"

Bald and short?

You're taking the piss now!

Reply privately

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
23 weeks ago

Carlisle usually

For the record, I don't give a shit about height.

But for those who do, it's a simple physical thing that someone either is or isn't. You can't hide it in person or pretend to be interested in by googling some quick info.

And it's not the be all and end all. It's a baseline. If someone wants taller that doesn't mean that every tall person can get in their pants, just that the otherwise compatible personalities and aesthetics that do not meet that requirement know not to bother.

No point getting up in arms about it.

Reply privately

By *ed Martin OP   Man
23 weeks ago

Shefford

""Risk of missing out" ?

There’s an easy way to avoid that- only walk down the road with a short guy who has male pattern baldness- no chance of him being mistaken for a child then!

Bald and short?

You're taking the piss now! "

It seems to work for Danny De Vito!

Reply privately

By *r_GreyscaleMan
23 weeks ago

Baldock

I hope height counts for something...

Reply privately

By *uri00620Woman
23 weeks ago

Croydon

I dated someone years ago whose mum was disappointed he was 5"11 not 6 foot.

It seems height preference isn't just about partners!

Whereas what's aesthetically pleasing in many ways has evolved over the decades. Height for men seems not to have done. Tall it would appear is desirable.

Reply privately

By *imply DeeWoman
23 weeks ago

Wherever

"

This^

or age.

Reply privately

By *ed Martin OP   Man
23 weeks ago

Shefford

"I dated someone years ago whose mum was disappointed he was 5"11 not 6 foot.

It seems height preference isn't just about partners!

Whereas what's aesthetically pleasing in many ways has evolved over the decades. Height for men seems not to have done. Tall it would appear is desirable. "

That’s baffling, maybe she’s just OCD about fractional measurements?!

Reply privately

23 weeks ago

" I might have to put in a little more effort

On behalf of the shorter men, we’ve noticed.

I do love it when guys see having sex with me as effort because I'm tall.

It's awesome.

"

Well, you know lift with my knees and all that!

Reply privately

By *ed Martin OP   Man
23 weeks ago

Shefford

This^

or age."

Age is somewhat different though, there are genuine issues with compatibility if 2 people are at wildly different stages in their life, but other than that age boundaries seem to be much more flexible in how they are applied. On the other hand, age differences can colour the way a couple are perceived and treated by outsiders if there’s a big difference.

Reply privately

By *ycanNightsMan
23 weeks ago

Workington

Doesn't matter to me...matters to some people...

Personally I find it a strange criteria...but it doesn't bother me whatever preferences people have

Reply privately

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
23 weeks ago

Leeds

I don't think it matters to me, saying that I've never met a guy shorter than me (5ft3)

Mrs

Reply privately

By *oo..Woman
23 weeks ago

Boo's World

""Risk of missing out" ?

Bald and short?

It seems to work for Danny De Vito!"

No, that's money

Reply privately

By *ad NannaWoman
23 weeks ago

East London

Personal preference and what floats someone’s boat I guess"

So why do men get so touchy about women wanting tall men?

Reply privately

By *ittlemissmistressKCouple
23 weeks ago

Southampton

I do prefer guys taller and bigger than me but only because I hate feeling like a hoofing great hefalump with smaller people that said its not a hard and fast rule... I like some regardless of their size

Reply privately

By *ady CurvaceousWoman
23 weeks ago

Kent

I'm tall but height isn't really an issue. Some of the best sex I ever had was with a guy who is 5ft 5. What I don't want is to be patronised with "we're all the same laying down" which grates on my nerves. I find that men have more of a problem with my height than I do with theirs. I get a fair few messages saying "you're lovely, shame I'm so short" and "I know you won't be interested as I'm shorter than you". In real life this happens too. If I'm in my heels I'm 6ft 3. I have literally been in a club and had guys not talk to me there and then, but send me a message the next bloody day saying they saw me but didn't approach as they are shorter and didn't think I'd be interested".

There is no mention of a height preference on my profile. Don't be afraid to message tall women, you've a 50% chance of a yes rather than a 100% chance of not knowing if it matters to her

Reply privately

23 weeks ago

I tend to be aware that women are usually bothered by height and it can make me hesitant to contact them. But it doesn’t actually bother me if I’m with someone taller than me

Reply privately

By *ed Martin OP   Man
23 weeks ago

Shefford

""Risk of missing out" ?

Bald and short?

It seems to work for Danny De Vito!

No, that's money "

Oh yeah! The great leveller!

Reply privately

By *aribbean King 1985Man
23 weeks ago

South West London

Thing is most women say they want or prefer taller men (usually 6ft or over) which is fine however I don't know if they realize they only 14% of men in the world are 6ft or taller so even if they do get with a guy that's tall they have to accept the fact that they will have to share him as taller men will have options

Reply privately

By *hief_Of_AlwaysMan
23 weeks ago

London or Bedford

Women SAY height matters. But amongst my female circle of friends, they proudly proclaim they’d never date anyone under 6foot. But who are amongst their Celebrity Crushes?

Tom Hardy - SHORT

Zack Effron - SHORT

Mark Wahlberg - SHORT

Jason Statham - SHORT

Conclusion? Get famous

Reply privately

By *ornycougaWoman
23 weeks ago

Wherever I lay my hat

"This is just a thought, so take it with a pinch of salt, but perhaps the reason height matters to some is because deep down, most of us are still influenced by ancient biological imperatives, despite what our enlightened intellectual faculties might suggest. So a woman likes to feel safe and protected in the arms of a man who is bigger than her, and a man likes to feel strong and dominant when his arms are wrapped around a woman who is smaller. For the average person this situation pretty much resolves itself, but for tall women and short men, it can become a thing to consider. Like I say, Just a thought. Xx

I think at some level, this may be a part of it, yeah- we can never entirely stop thinking with our animal brains, even as society evolves into different models of what makes for security in a relationship etc."

I'd agree with this. I'm only 5 0 on a good day but I have always had a preference for much taller guys. Most guys I have been with have been 6 foot to 6 3. I will go shorter but never below 5 8. I can't explain it other than some subconscious primal thing.

Reply privately

By *ang bang bangity bangCouple
23 weeks ago

Sunderland

[Removed by poster at 23/04/24 17:59:52]

Reply privately

By *ellinever70Woman
23 weeks ago

Ayrshire

I think maybe because men are generally taller than women so dating a man who isn't might be seen as quite different from the norm

Reply privately

By *eadinthecloudsMan
23 weeks ago

Manchester

I think the types to have a height requirement only in their bio aren’t very much of interest.

Reply privately

By *ustincamebridgeCouple
23 weeks ago

manchester

Wow! This thread is long

We are both 5’4”

Austin is fairly muscular in build. This for me is not a dating site. Its s place to meet others for fun. For me a mans height does not matter. We would not bother meeting a couple with this preference

Reply privately

23 weeks ago

Height definitely matters more on dating apps as it’s a filter. Most people aren’t very good at guessing someone’s height in real life either so I do wonder if guys that are 5’10/5’11 would really be rejected on the basis of not being that 6ft minimum requirement.

Also “getting thrown about in the bedroom” can be done by guys less than 6ft for the record. I train BJJ and wrestling and I can rag doll most of you across the room when I damm well please lol.

For me personally it doesn’t bother me if a woman is taller than me. Briana Smith and Amber Keaton are both taller than me and in heels both over 6ft to my modest 5’8. I’d still happily walk through fire just to get with them for 5 minutes.

So if Briana and/or Amber happen to see this hit me up

Reply privately

By *avexxMan
23 weeks ago

cheshire

i do wish i was a bit taller

Reply privately

23 weeks ago

"i do wish i was a bit taller "

I wish I was a baller

Reply privately

By *agnar73Man
23 weeks ago

Glasgow

I see the ‘in heels’ comments.

Honestly isn’t a problem unless one person decides it is.

Woman wear heels, it’s a thing.

Reply privately

23 weeks ago

"i do wish i was a bit taller

I wish I was a baller"

I wish I had a girl who looks good- I would call her

Reply privately

23 weeks ago

Southampton

"I see the ‘in heels’ comments.

Woman wear heels, it’s a thing."

This woman doesn't! Me and heels are not compatible ... 5'8" in my trainers lol

Reply privately

By *ilk_and_SilverCouple
23 weeks ago

Oxford

"i do wish i was a bit taller

I wish I was a baller

I wish I had a girl who looks good- I would call her"

I wish I had a rabbit….fully charged..and that

Reply privately

By *ilk_and_SilverCouple
23 weeks ago

Oxford

This woman doesn't! Me and heels are not compatible ... 5'8" in my trainers lol"

You and me both!!

Taken more than one tumble due to heels! Although I do have some purely for photo prop usage!! lol

Reply privately

By *ycanNightsMan
23 weeks ago

Workington

Woman wear heels, it’s a thing."

She does and looks amazing in them...

Reply privately

23 weeks ago

Southampton

You and me both!!

Taken more than one tumble due to heels! Although I do have some purely for photo prop usage!! lol "

I can fall over in trainers so I darent wear heels... lol

Reply privately

By *oriarty99Man
23 weeks ago

London

There’s a million men on this site and so women can afford to reduce the pool by height, cock size, and skin colour.

It’s not uncommon to see couples and ladies profiles saying “man wanted, over 9”, black, ripped, over 6ft 3in”

Because there’s lots of those ^

Reply privately

23 weeks ago

South West London

[Removed by poster at 23/04/24 18:51:08]

Reply privately

23 weeks ago

South West London

Have people noticed that when a woman says she has a height preference you have to accept it regardless if men like it or not but the moment a guy says he has a weight preference with the type of woman he likes most women (not all) get offended despite the fact that with weight, it can be controlled while height isn't

Reply privately

By *ilthycoupleabzCouple
23 weeks ago

Aberdeen

This woman doesn't! Me and heels are not compatible ... 5'8" in my trainers lol"

But that makes you the perfect friend height to give short friends hugs!

Boobs in the face

MrsAbz

Reply privately

23 weeks ago

Southampton

But that makes you the perfect friend height to give short friends hugs!

Boobs in the face

MrsAbz"

I'm always happy to have friends faces in my boobs

Reply privately

By *eroLondonMan
23 weeks ago

Mayfair

"Have people noticed that when a woman says she has a height preference you have to accept it regardless if men like it or not but the moment a guy says he has a weight preference with the type of woman he likes most women (not all) get offended despite the fact that with weight, it can be controlled while height isn't"

I can honestly say that I've never seen anyone stipulate a "weight preference". Body shape perhaps (rightly or wrongly), but never weight'.

Reply privately

By *issmorganWoman
23 weeks ago

Calderdale innit

"Have people noticed that when a woman says she has a height preference you have to accept it regardless if men like it or not but the moment a guy says he has a weight preference with the type of woman he likes most women (not all) get offended despite the fact that with weight, it can be controlled while height isn't"

Anyone can ask for whatever they choose on their profile,

It's when it's said in an offensive way that people object.

So if a man wants a slim woman only, he's entitled to ask for that.

Same as a woman can ask for a taller man if that's what she likes too.

Reply privately

23 weeks ago

What matters is what matters unfortunately and that’s not always logical or a shared view.

I like short women

Reply privately

23 weeks ago

While I don’t have a height preference, I do understand why some women do.

I think the reasons are much the same as men who prefer shorter, petite women.

Reply privately

By *obilebottomMan
23 weeks ago

All over

Useful for grabbing things from the top shelf at the supermarket. Especially if the same item on lower shelves has gone.

Reply privately

By * and R cple4Couple
23 weeks ago

swansea

Height isn't something that bothers me to much my husband is 5ft8 and I do tend to be more attracted to average or shorter men for some reason. Maybe it's just what I'm used to..

Reply privately

By *tevesue2Couple
23 weeks ago

leeds

"This is just a thought, so take it with a pinch of salt, but perhaps the reason height matters to some is because deep down, most of us are still influenced by ancient biological imperatives, despite what our enlightened intellectual faculties might suggest. So a woman likes to feel safe and protected in the arms of a man who is bigger than her, and a man likes to feel strong and dominant when his arms are wrapped around a woman who is smaller. For the average person this situation pretty much resolves itself, but for tall women and short men, it can become a thing to consider. Like I say, Just a thought. Xx "

Reply privately

By *eadinthecloudsMan
23 weeks ago

Manchester

"While I don’t have a height preference, I do understand why some women do.

I think the reasons are much the same as men who prefer shorter, petite women. "

Not all men

Reply privately

By *ophieslutTV/TS
23 weeks ago

Central

[Removed by poster at 23/04/24 19:13:30]

Reply privately

By *istr3ssWoman
23 weeks ago

Stockton-on-Tees

I'm 5' 9". I personally don't care what height the man is but most men are intimidated by taller women.

Reply privately

By *ophieslutTV/TS
23 weeks ago

Central

Sometimes it's worth a simple emphasis upon something that's an essential personal boundary. Many people don't read any or all of a profile, so if you can cut the pointless dross filling your inbox fasten than an English privatised water company can fill the rivers and beaches with untreated shit in the sewage, it's a smart move.

You can filter mail by gender and age but not height. Until then, those vertically challenged men will need to keep on reading.

Reply privately

By *tevesue2Couple
23 weeks ago

leeds

You are dead Sir, my wife is only interested in men over 5 10 as she wants to feel safe and protected, I put it down to her primeval instinct, oh and its her preference she owns it as she is allowed.

Reply privately

23 weeks ago

I think the reasons are much the same as some men who prefer shorter, petite women.

Not all men "

Better?

Reply privately

23 weeks ago

South West London

"I'm 5' 9". I personally don't care what height the man is but most men are intimidated by taller women."
Believe me men are not

Reply privately

By *ittlebirdWoman
23 weeks ago

The Big Smoke

I like tall people in general. Also short people.

Mostly I just like people

Reply privately

By *assing Fancies xCouple
23 weeks ago

Sherwood Forest

I'm (mr) only 5ft 6" and never really been bothered about something I can't change. If that's a womens preference and it's a issue then so be it, I bare no grudges for someone's preferences and just move on. I have my own when it comes to women so it is exactly what it is

I must add however that when myself and wife have met women from fab and other sites the issue has come up YET or been a obstacle but I have experienced it in everyday life with women which I find to be sometimes unnecessary and a double standard.

Reply privately

23 weeks ago

Sherwood Forest

[Removed by poster at 23/04/24 19:39:06]

Reply privately

23 weeks ago

Sherwood Forest

"I'm (mr) only 5ft 6" and never really been bothered about something I can't change. If that's a womens preference and it's a issue then so be it, I bare no grudges for someone's preferences and just move on. I have my own when it comes to women so it is exactly what it is

I must add however that when myself and wife have met women from fab and other sites the issue has come up YET or been a obstacle but I have experienced it in everyday life with women which I find to be sometimes unnecessary and a double standard."

*has not

Reply privately

By *amantha_JadeWoman
23 weeks ago

Newcastle

"This is just a thought, so take it with a pinch of salt, but perhaps the reason height matters to some is because deep down, most of us are still influenced by ancient biological imperatives, despite what our enlightened intellectual faculties might suggest. So a woman likes to feel safe and protected in the arms of a man who is bigger than her, and a man likes to feel strong and dominant when his arms are wrapped around a woman who is smaller. For the average person this situation pretty much resolves itself, but for tall women and short men, it can become a thing to consider. Like I say, Just a thought. Xx

I think at some level, this may be a part of it, yeah- we can never entirely stop thinking with our animal brains, even as society evolves into different models of what makes for security in a relationship etc.

I'd agree with this. I'm only 5 0 on a good day but I have always had a preference for much taller guys. Most guys I have been with have been 6 foot to 6 3. I will go shorter but never below 5 8. I can't explain it other than some subconscious primal thing. "

Yep I agree with this as well. I’m only short (5ft3) but will only go out with very tall (and big built) men. My ex partners have all been between 6ft6 and 6ft1. The shortest I have (and would) go out with is 5ft10, but I can’t help but feel a tad more excited when a guy has a height 6+. I feel most attracted to men who are big, tall, dominant, physically strong and powerful. I wouldn’t be attracted to a short or slim build guy.

Reply privately

23 weeks ago

"[Heeled boots Removed by poster at 23/04/24 19:39:06]"

Reply privately

By *ragonbaitCouple
23 weeks ago

Reading and Aberdare

""Risk of missing out" ?

There’s an easy way to avoid that- only walk down the road with a short guy who has male pattern baldness- no chance of him being mistaken for a child then!"

Reply privately

By *ragonbaitCouple
23 weeks ago

Reading and Aberdare

I'm taller than H. Has never been a problem for either of us. I never wear heels so that's not a consideration either!

He can throw me about in bed though, and beat me at arm wrestling

Reply privately

By *odgers and PartingCouple
23 weeks ago

edinburgh

Because choice matters and it’s a personal choice. That simple.

K

Reply privately

By *ivemealadybonerWoman
23 weeks ago

somewhere

For me yes, I'm 5ft 1, I met a guy from tinder once who said he was 5ft 5, I never had a thing about height before then but when I met him and I am sure I had to bend down for a kiss, I decided that I only wanted to meet guys 5ft 7 and above, I could be missing out on some fantastic meets but it's my personal preference x

Reply privately

23 weeks ago

I'm not quite 5 foot tall. For most of my dating or married life, the fellas I've been involved with have mainly been around 5'11" / 6'4". One man I dated for a few years was 5'6". Not going to be repeated for me. I much prefer the height range I've already mentioned. What I do miss is the long arms of a man, holding on to my bum cheeks, assists me to glide on him when I am cowgirl short men have short arms and can't do that...

Reply privately

23 weeks ago

I'm 5"4, most men are my height or taller. As long as they are around my height or taller, it doesn't bother me.

I think I'd be more hesitant if they were shorter than me, but if they had an awesome personality & there was chemistry, then it would be possibly overcome.

Reply privately

By *lasphemousGirlWoman
23 weeks ago

Cambs

Height really doesn't bother me personally but I know plenty of people that have a preference, one fem friend said she prefers bigger taller men because it makes her feel dainty and feminine and at 5ft 9 herself goes for 6ft+ it's just preference I think mostly but sometimes there's psychological reasons that aren't to do with them precisely but how the other person feels.

Reply privately

By *uffnmuffCouple
23 weeks ago

London

"I'm used to tall, my partner is 6ft3. "
same here x

Reply privately

By *ark73XXXMan
23 weeks ago

North Staffs/South Cheshire

I’m 6’2 - doesn’t do me much good to be honest

Reply privately

By *idnightMischiefMan
23 weeks ago

London

I spent several years with a girl 4+ inches taller than me.

I didn't really care, I still don't care, but it did make holding hands a bit awkward

Reply privately

By *ikesEmBigMan
23 weeks ago

Herts

It is different to see talks girls than me so it's hard to judge. I'm not a giant but it didn't happen often

Reply privately

By *eadinthecloudsMan
23 weeks ago

Manchester

I think the reasons are much the same as some men who prefer shorter, petite women.

Not all men

Better? "

Perfecto. Nothing like revisionist history to round out my evening

Reply privately

By *achig11Man
23 weeks ago

Manchester

Sore subject lol

Reply privately

By *undee2Man
23 weeks ago

Dundee

With 69, performing oral on a belly button is disappointing so I guess height matters

Reply privately

By *lirtyfun123Woman
23 weeks ago

essex

I prefer guys taller than me, for some reason it makes me feel looked after/protected I guess. Plus I do like dominant men so to me I feel I need someone taller as they’re more likely to be able to pin me down or throw me about a bit, well not literally but you know what I mean.

Reply privately

By *he turned me GreyCouple
23 weeks ago

Warwick and Coventry

Height matters, as I like to be able to put things out of the Missus reach, im a dick like that

Mr

Reply privately

By *coobyBoobyDooWoman
23 weeks ago

Markfield

"Something I see on Fab/ online dating profiles a lot is ladies who state a minimum height for the men they are looking for- sometimes with literally no other text at all; nothing about the accompanying personality within those feet and inches, and nothing about their own characteristics. I find that baffling: doesn’t compatibility in a relationship-or just sexual compatibility for that matter- need far more than him being tall relative to her? Surely nobody wants to date/sleep with a walking red flag collection simply because the relative height difference is acceptable?!

Ladies of the lounge, perhaps you can shed some light on this for me? Why do you have a height preference? Is it purely for aesthetics? Do you accept the risk of missing out on an otherwise perfect dating match simply because of their height?

And gents- how do you feel about this? Would it bother you if your partner was taller than you? Would you swipe past them if they were?"

If I insist on someone shorter than me am I objectifying?

I used to put a height requirement in my profile, for two reasons at that time. Primarily because there were a few things I wanted to try and I needed a guy much taller than me to try them out. I’m tall and I therefore needed a tall guy to help me out. The other reason was that I was being approached by lots of shorter than me men who seemed to think that as Im a tall woman, older and with big boobs, I may be interested in mothering them or being their domme etc and because at the time it was endemic (for me) it seemed easier to just put it out there that I only wanted to meet guys over 6’2”

I wouldn’t use it in my profile again as I’ve worked that kink through now and have my little stable of giants to fall back on. Other than that kink, now, I’m very much appreciative of mind matters along side physical presence and technical ability.

Reply privately

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
23 weeks ago

little house on the praire

Height doesn't bother me at all. I've had a serious boyfriend of 5ft 4 and tallest 6ft 4. Both lasted 18 months. So it makes no odds to me

Reply privately

23 weeks ago

South West London

Not sure why people are obsessed with height, what happened to big things come in small packages

Reply privately

By *ou only live onceMan
23 weeks ago

London

It matters in the same way any facet of attraction matters, no? You can't really reason with it.

I do find the obsession with an arbitrary 6ft a bit odd, though. Like a guy who's 5'11" is too short by an inch. That's definitely some kind of weird conditioning. Obviously doesn't matter to me - I'm just repping for my "close but no cigar" brethren. If a man being tall is important to a woman, that's all good, but I know we're not compatible.

Same as skin colour or hair colour or eye colour or body shape or accent. The list is endless.

Reply privately

23 weeks ago

I've been in short term relationships where my partner has been ever so slightly taller so I have no doubt, it's all about being personable.

But height disparity looks ridiculous at the extremes, and the constant stares and motive questioning as a short-man tall-woman couple would be grating in the long and short term of the relationship. Experience probably reaches the point where tall+short people don't bother.

Reply privately

23 weeks ago

South West London

Ok well since height matters to a lot of you then weight matters too then especially if your overweight or obese (no diresespect to those who are) which can cause long term health problems

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
23 weeks ago

King's Crustacean

Because I don't want his nose in my belly button when we fuck!

Reply privately

By *ilverfox for youMan
23 weeks ago

Hull

By the sounds of the results ,not much luck for me then !!!!

Reply privately

By *mber SkiesWoman
23 weeks ago

Cardiff-ish

The height of the guy matters to me as I think women like the thought of being protected by a tall strapping guy it is for me anyway

Reply privately

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
23 weeks ago

BRIDPORT

"Because I don't want his nose in my belly button when we fuck!"

That’s alright, lie on your belly instead , just don’t fart in my face.

Reply privately

By *ipstick KissesWoman
23 weeks ago

South Down

"Ok well since height matters to a lot of you then weight matters too then especially if your overweight or obese (no diresespect to those who are) which can cause long term health problems"

That's totally your perogative

Reply privately

By *ipstick KissesWoman
23 weeks ago

South Down

I prefer tall men because it makes me feel comforted and protected. I like resting my head on his chest, looking up at him, standing on tiptoes to kiss him, being enveloped by him when we hug

Reply privately

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
23 weeks ago

BRIDPORT

"I prefer tall men because it makes me feel comforted and protected. I like resting my head on his chest, looking up at him, standing on tiptoes to kiss him, being enveloped by him when we hug"

If I stood on a milk crate would that work for you

Reply privately

By *ipstick KissesWoman
23 weeks ago

South Down

"I prefer tall men because it makes me feel comforted and protected. I like resting my head on his chest, looking up at him, standing on tiptoes to kiss him, being enveloped by him when we hug

If I stood on a milk crate would that work for you "

I'll give most things a go once

Reply privately

23 weeks ago

"Something I see on Fab/ online dating profiles a lot is ladies who state a minimum height for the men they are looking for- sometimes with literally no other text at all; nothing about the accompanying personality within those feet and inches, and nothing about their own characteristics. I find that baffling: doesn’t compatibility in a relationship-or just sexual compatibility for that matter- need far more than him being tall relative to her? Surely nobody wants to date/sleep with a walking red flag collection simply because the relative height difference is acceptable?!

And gents- how do you feel about this? Would it bother you if your partner was taller than you? Would you swipe past them if they were?"

My last partner was 5'11 and I'm 5'7 I don't care either way save neither did she. we're all the same lied down

Reply privately

By *oneyVWoman
23 weeks ago

Cirencester

Totally agree …it’s not just tall and don’t worry about anything else ! It’s what I find attractive so I just wouldn’t fancy someome short

Reply privately

By *ravelman10Man
23 weeks ago

yarm

If you want to dig into it, probably a lot of psychology. Being big/tall is seen as more protective and stronger and something people find attractive. There's actually studies of taller people (particularly over 6 foot) earning more money and being more successful in jobs so it's not just a dating thing. Being tall is just seen as a good quality in today's world. Go back to the ancient Greeks and just look at the statues. A small penis was a sign you're more intelligent and put together. Large ones were for barbarians with no self control. All subjective.

But I wouldn't think too much into it! Everyone's different and has different needs in a partner

I've been with people taller than myself (not that hard at 5 8" haha) and it doesn't bother me at all.

Being short is something you definitely get teased for growing up, so I can understand why men don't like dating taller women and vise versa but life's too short (pun intended ) to worry about it in my opinion!

Reply privately

By *ilthycoupleabzCouple
23 weeks ago

Aberdeen

"Ok well since height matters to a lot of you then weight matters too then especially if your overweight or obese (no diresespect to those who are) which can cause long term health problems"

Of course it does. Why would it not? There is simply no reason to be rude or cruel about it but is is a factor. Although I would suggest size rather than weight was the deciding factor.

Although I find it hilarious when health is brought into it - I am not slim yet I am really fit and workout/run etc. So, my health is probably much better than someone much slimmer than me who does none of those things.

MrsAbz

Reply privately

23 weeks ago

OP good-luck to you in trying to fathom out what goes on in the minds of others on Fabs.

My viewpoint is it's simply down to "choice", personal preferences (no real logical reasons to it).

A bit like some women have this perception that some tall men may give them a sense of being protected. Not entirely true.

Whilst we know size matters, there's a myriad other reasons that are equally if not more important for us to take into consideration. However, not all of us do this analysis beforehand and simply go off looks alone (not wise).

Boxing for example, Mike Tyson is not necessarily tall compared to many of his opponents he fought, yet his pure strength and ferocious fighting style is what really mattered.

I don't believe there's a right and wrong answer when it comes down to peeps preferences based on their viewpoint.

Ideal would be if we were blessed with divine eyes to see the real beauty in a person. Making us better equipped knowing that there's more to people than just their height, looks, etc.

No point trying to analyse, I just simply enjoy connecting with genuine people who like me for me, with all my faults in tow (& I've many).

My being short is just one of them at a height: 5'5" however, with my Pleaser Flamingo 1020: 5'9"

Reply privately

23 weeks ago

"OP good-luck to you in trying to fathom out what goes on in the minds of others on Fabs.

My viewpoint is it's simply down to "choice", personal preferences (no real logical reasons to it).

A bit like some women have this perception that some tall men may give them a sense of being protected. Not entirely true.

Whilst we know size matters, there's a myriad other reasons that are equally if not more important for us to take into consideration. However, not all of us do this analysis beforehand and simply go off looks alone (not wise).

Boxing for example, Mike Tyson is not necessarily tall compared to many of his opponents he fought, yet his pure strength and ferocious fighting style is what really mattered.

I don't believe there's a right and wrong answer when it comes down to peeps preferences based on their viewpoint.

Ideal would be if we were blessed with divine eyes to see the real beauty in a person. Making us better equipped knowing that there's more to people than just their height, looks, etc.

No point trying to analyse, I just simply enjoy connecting with genuine people who like me for me, with all my faults in tow (& I've many).

My being short is just one of them at a height: 5'5" however, with my Pleaser Flamingo 1020: 5'9" "

Mike Tyson in his late 50’s still scares the crap out of most people

And you’re absolutely correct. Being big and strong gives people the perception that they are protected. In reality it accounts for little to nothing against someone with training.

Reply privately

By *ora the explorerWoman
23 weeks ago

Paradise, Herts

Matters a great deal to me

Reply privately

By *ipstick KissesWoman
23 weeks ago

South Down

"OP good-luck to you in trying to fathom out what goes on in the minds of others on Fabs.

My being short is just one of them at a height: 5'5" however, with my Pleaser Flamingo 1020: 5'9"

And you’re absolutely correct. Being big and strong gives people the perception that they are protected. In reality it accounts for little to nothing against someone with training."

But it's perhaps more that perception, and how it makes you feel, that matters rather than him actually being a protector and able to handle himself

Reply privately

23 weeks ago

And you’re absolutely correct. Being big and strong gives people the perception that they are protected. In reality it accounts for little to nothing against someone with training.

But it's perhaps more that perception, and how it makes you feel, that matters rather than him actually being a protector and able to handle himself "

But as Lana said it is just a feeling. If that’s all that matters to people that’s fine.

Reply privately

By *ustintime69Man
23 weeks ago

Bristol

Isn’t it always the case that small men try harder? Just thought I’d throw that in and stand back and watch the fireworks….oh and also if like me you are below average height but well endowed it does make it look even more impressive than expectations might

As for me I like tall big women so finding a match on fab is a bloody nightmare!

Reply privately

By *allandathleticMan
23 weeks ago

Asgard

I'm 6ft3. I'm alright looking through closed eyelids. I have a labour intensive job and I swim 4 times a week. So in fairly decent shape. Personality is OK...

But I don't go for men taller than me because they lack vaginas.

Reply privately

By *lecom1Couple
23 weeks ago

Stornoway

My wife at 4'6" tends to go for men around 5'6" tends to pass on anyone over 6'.

Reply privately

By *onnyGibbMan
23 weeks ago

Peterborough

Coming at this from a different angle but as a 6’2” (bi) man, I feel quite odd when in the company of men who are significantly taller than me. It doesn’t happen often, thankfully.

If I was looking for an LTR with a woman, my preference would be a tall one. But that wouldn’t stop me falling for an ankle biter.

Reply privately

By *OYFBWoman
23 weeks ago

Jersey (sometimes Notts)

Height doesn’t matter when you’re lying down

Reply privately

23 weeks ago

South West London

To be fair I have been with a few women who were taller then me although not by much

Reply privately

By *agic johnsonMan
23 weeks ago

morden

If guys started stating a maximum weight limit for women there would be uproar , another double standard in here. Like women with no pics demanding a pic in the first message

Reply privately

23 weeks ago

District 13

"If guys started stating a maximum weight limit for women there would be uproar , another double standard in here. Like women with no pics demanding a pic in the first message "

This should be an option, as should all aspects of a person so everyone can seek what tickles their fancy

Like a thread I saw about men lying about their height all sexes lie about something

Reply privately

23 weeks ago

Paradise, Herts

"If guys started stating a maximum weight limit for women there would be uproar , another double standard in here. Like women with no pics demanding a pic in the first message "

Why would there be uproar? People like what they like. I’m not attracted to very fat people or very slim people, male or female. Why should that cause uproar?

Reply privately

23 weeks ago

It would be quite refreshing for a guy to have any preferences to be honest.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
23 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

Yes, the nerve of a woman not having pictures in public asking for a picture in private. The absolute fucking nerve

Reply privately

23 weeks ago

Paradise, Herts

"If guys started stating a maximum weight limit for women there would be uproar , another double standard in here. Like women with no pics demanding a pic in the first message

It would be quite refreshing for a guy to have any preferences to be honest. "

Definitely. I’ve always said this. I prefer those kind. Rather than not saying in case they put some women off

Reply privately

23 weeks ago

District 13

"If guys started stating a maximum weight limit for women there would be uproar , another double standard in here. Like women with no pics demanding a pic in the first message

Yes, the nerve of a woman not having pictures in public asking for a picture in private. The absolute fucking nerve "

The nerve is a blank silhouette profile demanding pics but not, in any way shape or form, willing to swap pics

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
23 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

Yes, the nerve of a woman not having pictures in public asking for a picture in private. The absolute fucking nerve

The nerve is a blank silhouette profile demanding pics but not, in any way shape or form, willing to swap pics "

I wouldn't do it myself.

But this complaint often comes like, this woman doesn't show her face in public, how dare she ask for my face in private. Like these are even remotely equivalent. Yes, the mums and dads picking their kids up at school right now (I live near a school) could all see my face and work out who I am because my picture is on this site (if it were, it is not) - and that's exactly the same as sending your face picture to exactly one person.

Like, come on.

Reply privately

By *EAT..85Woman
23 weeks ago

Nottingham

This should be an option, as should all aspects of a person so everyone can seek what tickles their fancy

Like a thread I saw about men lying about their height all sexes lie about something "

I don't lie.

And I'd be fine with men stating a weight/dress size limit. It would cut out plenty of time wasting and disappointment.

Reply privately

23 weeks ago

District 13

The nerve is a blank silhouette profile demanding pics but not, in any way shape or form, willing to swap pics

I wouldn't do it myself.

But this complaint often comes like, this woman doesn't show her face in public, how dare she ask for my face in private. Like these are even remotely equivalent. Yes, the mums and dads picking their kids up at school right now (I live near a school) could all see my face and work out who I am because my picture is on this site (if it were, it is not) - and that's exactly the same as sending your face picture to exactly one person.

Like, come on."

Do for instance someone sends me a private image of themselves revealing their face you’re assuming I, or someone else, would somehow share said picture with the outside world?

Isn’t that loitering on the edge of paranoia?

Reply privately

23 weeks ago

You can use the feature that deletes photos once they’ve viewed your message. I use it all the time and it’s the best way to reveal your face in private to someone.

Reply privately

23 weeks ago

District 13

Like a thread I saw about men lying about their height all sexes lie about something

I don't lie.

And I'd be fine with men stating a weight/dress size limit. It would cut out plenty of time wasting and disappointment. "

I’m not assuming you do, or your profile is riddled with fibs, but I will bear your outlook for the future

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
23 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

I wouldn't do it myself.

Like, come on.

Do for instance someone sends me a private image of themselves revealing their face you’re assuming I, or someone else, would somehow share said picture with the outside world?

Isn’t that loitering on the edge of paranoia?"

That isn't what I said, is it?

People on here complaining that a woman doesn't have any pictures and ask for theirs, are asking a woman to make her pictures public before they'll message her, or else she's being unreasonable for asking for a picture in private.

I said absolutely nothing about her sharing the pictures. Pictures being public means that the pictures are public.

Reply privately

By *illy IdolMan
23 weeks ago

Midlands

It would be quite refreshing for a guy to have any preferences to be honest.

Definitely. I’ve always said this. I prefer those kind. Rather than not saying in case they put some women off "

Don't hate the player, Nora...hate the game.

Reply privately

23 weeks ago

District 13

I wouldn't do it myself.

Like, come on.

Isn’t that loitering on the edge of paranoia?

That isn't what I said, is it?

People on here complaining that a woman doesn't have any pictures and ask for theirs, are asking a woman to make her pictures public before they'll message her, or else she's being unreasonable for asking for a picture in private.

I said absolutely nothing about her sharing the pictures. Pictures being public means that the pictures are public."

I think wires are crossed, I read it that a person asks in their profile to send a pic with message but when asked to where theirs in a reply it’s a no go never mind we just have to chose who we message or approach upon reading their profile and not have any expectations

Reply privately

By *agic johnsonMan
23 weeks ago

morden

Oooh someone's a right grump today

Reply privately