Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Quitting smoking

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hi I've quit smoking and I am using the quick must spray but it burns like hell the first couple of times in the morning any better aids out there apart from this and the ecigs x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *H.coupleCouple
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Hi I've quit smoking and I am using the quick must spray but it burns like hell the first couple of times in the morning any better aids out there apart from this and the ecigs x"

well done, its not easy, after trying the patches/lozenges/gum and all the other gumpf. i started with the ecig, it works perfectly for me

Good luck

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Use the gum in a morning or brush your teeth before using the spray... lol

over a year ago

"Use the gum in a morning or brush your teeth before using the spray... lol "
lol it's mainly after I've brushed my teath !! I use it when I get to work the gum makes my face swell I don't have much luck with these aids that why I end up back on the fags but I'm determined this time pain or no pain

over a year ago

"Hi I've quit smoking and I am using the quick must spray but it burns like hell the first couple of times in the morning any better aids out there apart from this and the ecigs x

well done, its not easy, after trying the patches/lozenges/gum and all the other gumpf. i started with the ecig, it works perfectly for me

Good luck"

thanks x

By *pecifically1Woman
over a year ago

Hull

Well done!!!! Keep at it...xx

over a year ago

That is a shame with the gum, I stopped smoking using the gum (the patches made me feel ill and had to stop using them) this is my 9th week without a cig so pleased with myself!! good luck you will find away if you really want to quit

over a year ago

I [ trixi ] packed up almost 2 years ago...did it cold turkey...and found it a lot easier than I thought. I think maybe you should try the ecig, if the other stuff is making you feel ill...I wish you lot's and lot's of luck . Life without the smell, mess and expense of smoking is a good one...

over a year ago

"That is a shame with the gum, I stopped smoking using the gum (the patches made me feel ill and had to stop using them) this is my 9th week without a cig so pleased with myself!! good luck you will find away if you really want to quit "
9 weeks !!!! well done your my mile stone lol I hate smoking I used to feel embarrassed everytime I had one !!

over a year ago

" I [ trixi ] packed up almost 2 years ago...did it cold turkey...and found it a lot easier than I thought. I think maybe you should try the ecig, if the other stuff is making you feel ill...I wish you lot's and lot's of luck . Life without the smell, mess and expense of smoking is a good one... "
thank you x

By *ssexguy69Man
over a year ago

thurrock Essex

id like to give up , done no wat to try , dont il get on with the patches,knowing me ill forget to put em on lol , was thinking on one of them electronic fags ,are they any good ?

over a year ago

I didn't like the one I had it felt to false plus the way I see it I'm trying to give up the habit not just swap it for a new one !!!

over a year ago

"That is a shame with the gum, I stopped smoking using the gum (the patches made me feel ill and had to stop using them) this is my 9th week without a cig so pleased with myself!! good luck you will find away if you really want to quit 9 weeks !!!! well done your my mile stone lol I hate smoking I used to feel embarrassed everytime I had one !!"

Same here it is a horrible habit and the money I have saved is fantastic! the first two/three weeks are the worst.

Nine weeks in and I still use the gum but am down to about two/three pieces a day @ 2mg strength so each day is getting easier.

I am also doing Cardio vascular workout at the mo so that is keeping the weight off and helping me get the right mind set of not wanting to smoke cause a won't be able to breathe doing my Cardio workouts lol xxx

over a year ago

"id like to give up , done no wat to try , dont il get on with the patches,knowing me ill forget to put em on lol , was thinking on one of them electronic fags ,are they any good ?"

Boots offer a free service to help you quit go and speak to them they will be able to advise you of the best way for you. I did try the e-cig but it was not for me. Other people swear by them so each to their own xxx

By *H.coupleCouple
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"That is a shame with the gum, I stopped smoking using the gum (the patches made me feel ill and had to stop using them) this is my 9th week without a cig so pleased with myself!! good luck you will find away if you really want to quit 9 weeks !!!! well done your my mile stone lol I hate smoking I used to feel embarrassed everytime I had one !!

Same here it is a horrible habit and the money I have saved is fantastic! the first two/three weeks are the worst.

Nine weeks in and I still use the gum but am down to about two/three pieces a day @ 2mg strength so each day is getting easier.

I am also doing Cardio vascular workout at the mo so that is keeping the weight off and helping me get the right mind set of not wanting to smoke cause a won't be able to breathe doing my Cardio workouts lol xxx "

your CV takes a massive nose dive after you first quit, which strikes me as quite bizarre. but once your body gets used to not smoking it goes through the roof and your lung capacity obviously increases

over a year ago

"That is a shame with the gum, I stopped smoking using the gum (the patches made me feel ill and had to stop using them) this is my 9th week without a cig so pleased with myself!! good luck you will find away if you really want to quit 9 weeks !!!! well done your my mile stone lol I hate smoking I used to feel embarrassed everytime I had one !!

I am also doing Cardio vascular workout at the mo so that is keeping the weight off and helping me get the right mind set of not wanting to smoke cause a won't be able to breathe doing my Cardio workouts lol xxx "

I don't know what you looked like before the cardio but damn your body's hot !!!

over a year ago

I am also doing Cardio vascular workout at the mo so that is keeping the weight off and helping me get the right mind set of not wanting to smoke cause a won't be able to breathe doing my Cardio workouts lol xxx I don't know what you looked like before the cardio but damn your body's hot !!!"

lol the pics on our profile are before the cardio... pmsl going to do some new ones soon

By *riendly foeWoman
over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

Im a smoker, I would love to be a non smoker BUT I enjoy it...

OP, you have done great, if you cant find anything else, put up with the burning ....It has worked this far, dont ruin it by trying something else...

over a year ago

"Im a smoker, I would love to be a non smoker BUT I enjoy it...

OP, you have done great, if you cant find anything else, put up with the burning ....It has worked this far, dont ruin it by trying something else..."

thank you I have been putting up with the burning as the thing actually works its got me through 2 weeks there meant to be the worst altho my friend says week 6 is a killer she never makes it past week 6 !!!

over a year ago

1) Shovelling more greens and fruits into your system naturally reduces the urge to smoke

2.) Do exercises that take your breath away, the more oxygen your lungs get, the quicker they will repair and then smoke will be nothing but a poisonous memory

3.) Reduce caffeine intake. Caffeine raises stress levels which is why it seems to wake us up but it doesn't keep you awake; especially energy drinks which will just make you more erratic

4.) Reduce alcohol and red meat intake

5.) Keep a lollipop or two in your pocket for when your teeth start to feel loose

6.) Asthma inhalers take the achy heart feeling away for a while

over a year ago

Ive gone 4 weeks on friday with my e cig but i wasnt a heavy smoker x

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

well done

over a year ago

Good luck and just think of the money.

By *kywatcherMan
over a year ago

Southwick

"Good luck and just think of the money."

Not the health?

over a year ago

"Good luck and just think of the money.

Not the health?"

first thing you notice is the money

over a year ago

Whoohooo i quit 3 weeks ago.. i've over 100 quid in a pot and done it via will power alone..

God i feel grrrrreat!!

By *xpresMan
over a year ago

Elland

Cold Turkey is only way to do it.. or you just move your addiction to somthing else

By *he Happy ManMan
over a year ago

Merseyside

Hypnosis. Do your research and find good a hypnotherapist. One session and you will never smoke again. It makes stopping smoking a doddle.

By *he Happy ManMan
over a year ago

Merseyside

It cost me £60 to stop smoking with a hypnotherapist.

over a year ago

I stopped, and now use a herbal infumhation,about 10 times a day. They are made by a company called Benson and Hedges. I feel much better for it.

Post new Message to Thread