FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Why does the country shut down when England has snow??

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Watching the news and i have to laugh at how England cannot cope with a flurry of snow!!

In Scotland we just get on with it, the country keeps going and we somehow manage to do our daily business without too much of a fuss.

Is climate change to blame

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

view hides behind sofa and await grecian getting 2 barrels......

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

oi... not all of england!!!

just those jesse's in the south!!!

but it does feel like that.. one flake of snow and it all shuts down......

over a year ago

"view hides behind sofa and await grecian getting 2 barrels......

"

Am prepared.......

over a year ago

"view hides behind sofa and await grecian getting 2 barrels......

Am prepared....... "

good man.........

By *adchickCouple
over a year ago

Cyprus

"oi... not all of england!!!

just those jesse's in the south!!!

but it does feel like that.. one flake of snow and it all shuts down......"

Not all of the south has snow ya know.....

In cheltenham we are too posh for the white stuff!

By *prite128Woman
over a year ago

maidstone

and some of us in the south have more than a flake

but i guess the answer is we have snow so rarely down here that it isnt worth the cost of all the equipment to keep us all moving, drivers are inexperienced but some insist on going out, we have some of the busiest cargo routes through the county , and health and safety legislation means a lot of places close which used to stay open ( like schools )

its been fun and pretty today though ..but i didnt have to go anywhere

By *ig badMan
over a year ago

Up North :-)

One of the things we have to suffer with down south I guess.

I have heard the snow is part of the 2010 world cup package in South Africa. Guess you jocks WON’T be getting any though as your not at next summers party

over a year ago

"One of the things we have to suffer with down south I guess.

I have heard the snow is part of the 2010 world cup package in South Africa. Guess you jocks WON’T be getting any though as your not at next summers party

"

Why will i not be there??.....i will be supporting England which is part of the UK

over a year ago

"Watching the news and i have to laugh at how England cannot cope with a flurry of snow!!

"

Because we don't get snow all that often is why. If you got a 32 degree heatwave in Scotland most of you would keel over

over a year ago

It beats me !

It's not as though we only get snow once every 20 years. It happens every year to one degree or another and every year we hear the same sorry saga of everything closing down because a handful of snow has fallen and has taken everyone by suprise.

Or is it just an excuse for the lazy British workforce to down tools and go home ?

over a year ago

"Watching the news and i have to laugh at how England cannot cope with a flurry of snow!!

Because we don't get snow all that often is why. If you got a 32 degree heatwave in Scotland most of you would keel over "

Where did you hear that one from???

Us Scots take over the Spanish resorts during the holiday season and love the sun

By *uton_coupleCouple
over a year ago

luton

In Scotland we just get on with it, the country keeps going and we somehow manage to do our daily business without too much of a fuss.

Is climate change to blame "

im sure it is due to climate change , and its hard to understand because i did five miles less last week , and it shouldnt have snowed.

over a year ago

Southern jessies huh?

Both me and Hubby got into work today, after digging ourselves out of our road and helping several others up the hills of Wycombe. Spent 2 hours clearing the drive at work. Still went out for a Christmas lunch then left work at pretty much the normal time, made it home via the supermarket and then dug ourselves back into our road and up our drive

By *umourCouple
over a year ago

Rushden

I think it is more about the gullible Northerners believing everything they hear on Sky!! (or the BBC!)

We had 5 inches overnight (Mrs R said she didn't feel a thing!) and no one I know had any problems in getting to work... Oh yes, except for the guy three doors down with his Landrover. Obviously had no idea how to use it. He was so embarrassed that he said he wished he was back home in Edinburgh!

Post new Message to Thread