Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Oh I give up!

Jump to newest

By *ackformore100 OP   Man
23 weeks ago

Tin town

Technology improves everything... Or does it.. What makes you go... "oh fuck it I give up"?

Making an appt at your GP?

Trying to use cash?

Trying to dump something at your local tip?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *andering Welsh GuyMan
23 weeks ago

All over the place

Whoever thought the entire country calling at 8am to report they are sick would work is a lunatic

By *ensuallover1000Man
23 weeks ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

Self service tills at supermarkets; they bloody well hate me, I swear.

‘Unexpected item in bagging area.’ ‘Please wait for assistance’ etc.

Bar codes not scanning….Grrrr!

By *ansoffateMan
23 weeks ago

Sagittarius A

I don't think technology is intrinsically bad it depends how it is used.

I don't think technology is generally improving people's lives overall right now. It is benefiting the few rather than the many.

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
23 weeks ago

BRIDPORT

Technology is marvellous, but sometimes it simply isn’t necessary to change the level of technology being employed, sometimes less is perfectly adequate, so why change it.

By (user no longer on site)
23 weeks ago

If we’re talking about the craze for digitising and automating everything, then I don’t think it’s made us any happier ir less busy in general.

There’s other technology (not the marketed bollocks above) that’s utterly amazing though. Advancements in science and medicine and such like

By *offiaCoolWoman
23 weeks ago

Kidsgrove

"Whoever thought the entire country calling at 8am to report they are sick would work is a lunatic "

Ours have introduced an online form that you can complete to reduce the volume of people scrabbling to ring at 8am.

By *hrimper36Couple
23 weeks ago

Central France dept 36

"Technology improves everything... Or does it.. What makes you go... "oh fuck it I give up"?

Trying to use cash?

Trying to dump something at your local tip? "

Nope all of those things are very easy here but using a computer fry’s my nut.

T

23 weeks ago

Tin town

"Whoever thought the entire country calling at 8am to report they are sick would work is a lunatic

Ours have introduced an online form that you can complete to reduce the volume of people scrabbling to ring at 8am."

Our Dr's do that. But it only works during office hours. Marvellous. Websites need down time too it seems.

23 weeks ago

Tin town

"Technology improves everything... Or does it.. What makes you go... "oh fuck it I give up"?

Trying to use cash?

T"

You and your easy ways... How do you do it.?

23 weeks ago

I'd get rid of all the people and replace it with technology. I like technology, it doesn't ask me how my day is.

Or if it does you can just switch it off.

By *ot to giggleWoman
23 weeks ago

Coventry

"Self service tills at supermarkets; they bloody well hate me, I swear.

Bar codes not scanning….Grrrr! "

and approval required before you can purchase a packet of paracetamol !!!!

By *ot to giggleWoman
23 weeks ago

Coventry

"Whoever thought the entire country calling at 8am to report they are sick would work is a lunatic

Ours have introduced an online form that you can complete to reduce the volume of people scrabbling to ring at 8am.

Our Dr's do that. But it only works during office hours. Marvellous. Websites need down time too it seems. "

and ours with a 3 day call back guarantee

By *del 1Man
23 weeks ago

London

"I'd get rid of all the people and replace it with technology. I like technology, it doesn't ask me how my day is.

Or if it does you can just switch it off."

So how is you day?

*head to the corner and switch myself off xx

23 weeks ago

Tin town

Our Dr's do that. But it only works during office hours. Marvellous. Websites need down time too it seems.

and ours with a 3 day call back guarantee "

The envy of the western world

By *BWLOVER1965Man
23 weeks ago

My Own Little World

Trying to use cash?

Trying to dump something at your local tip? "

Try to find dentist

Give up

23 weeks ago

"I'd get rid of all the people and replace it with technology. I like technology, it doesn't ask me how my day is.

So how is you day?

*head to the corner and switch myself off xx"

Guys with a remote...now we're talking.

By *oo..Woman
23 weeks ago

Boo's World

Having to sit in a car for 20 mins when it decides it needs to do an update, that you’ve put off for the maximum time allowed and it now won't allow you to drive it at all until its finished.

By *del 1Man
23 weeks ago

London

So how is you day?

Guys with a remote...now we're talking."

Some come with voice control, you don't even need to press a button

By *andering Welsh GuyMan
23 weeks ago

All over the place

Wireless printers that need an app to install :s

By *otsossieMan
23 weeks ago

Chesterfield

Trying to get other people to understand what I’m blithering on about, usually.

By *entlemanFoxMan
23 weeks ago

North East / London

Apps for everyone - no I don’t want your cr@p on my phone.

23 weeks ago

So how is you day?

Guys with a remote...now we're talking.

Some come with voice control, you don't even need to press a button "

As long as they have a delete function I'll be good.

By *entlemanFoxMan
23 weeks ago

North East / London

*everything

Add to that autocorrect

By *ucka39Man
23 weeks ago

Newcastle

and approval required before you can purchase a packet of paracetamol !!!!"

Or an energy drink

23 weeks ago

Banks. They're just another step in getting my cash from work.

Apps for stuff at work..want time off? Use an app (never works)

Want to see your payslip, use the app (also never works)

Load of old bollocks.

By *ad NannaWoman
23 weeks ago

East London

My phone and the Asda app.

All that money and they can't make a decent shopping app.

23 weeks ago

"Having to sit in a car for 20 mins when it decides it needs to do an update, that you’ve put off for the maximum time allowed and it now won't allow you to drive it at all until its finished. "

Cars have updates now?!

I'll be sticking to old motors then it seems

By *ad NannaWoman
23 weeks ago

East London

Online GP services.

They never allow me to do what I need to do but have multiple ways for me to get private treatment.

By *2000ManMan
23 weeks ago

Worthing

Not 'give up' but always dread starting self-build systems for the first time!

By *otsossieMan
23 weeks ago

Chesterfield

"Cars have updates now?!

I'll be sticking to old motors then it seems "

Just avoid T*slas and you’ll be fine.

By *hrimper36Couple
23 weeks ago

Central France dept 36

Trying to use cash?

T

You and your easy ways... How do you do it.? "

Simply put life here is different to life in the UK.

I can see my doctor whenever I need to face to face and normally within a day.

We can use card cash or chèques here with no problem but on holiday in Holland last week most places only took card but one coffee shop had a sign saying card only but had a cash tip jar.

And the tip is open to take anything I want to dump with no problems.

I like life here.

T

By *ornucopiaMan
23 weeks ago

Bexley

Don't take anti-diarrhoea pills (or paracetamol etc) to the self service device. They are not heavvy enough to register when you put them in the bagging area and will need the intervention of the assisant, that gorgeous girl you fancy, who then finds out that you suffer from the runs!

By *oo..Woman
23 weeks ago

Boo's World

"Cars have updates now?!

Just avoid T*slas and you’ll be fine. "

I don't drive a Tesla ha ha

By *oo..Woman
23 weeks ago

Boo's World

"Having to sit in a car for 20 mins when it decides it needs to do an update, that you’ve put off for the maximum time allowed and it now won't allow you to drive it at all until its finished.

Cars have updates now?!

I'll be sticking to old motors then it seems "

Some unfortunately do yes!

By *ornucopiaMan
23 weeks ago

Bexley

"Having to sit in a car for 20 mins when it decides it needs to do an update, that you’ve put off for the maximum time allowed and it now won't allow you to drive it at all until its finished.

Cars have updates now?!

Some unfortunately do yes! "

More fools the great British Motoring Public for ever allowing this to happen around them without even a murmur of protest.

All they needed to do was say "Sorry, not buying into this. Find some other mugs". But, no, our dumbo compatriots distracted by the antics of Clarkson et al, who should have been championing the consumers at the time instead of arsing around getting cheap TV laughs on disused airfields, have dropped the rest of us in the shit.

Some of use will keep uncomplicated old cars going for as long as possible. The rest of you can have what you deserve.

By *oo..Woman
23 weeks ago

Boo's World

Don't take anti-diarrhoea pills (or paracetamol etc) to the self service device. They are not heavvy enough to register when you put them in the bagging area and will need the intervention of the assisant, that gorgeous girl you fancy, who then finds out that you suffer from the runs!"

You clearly haven't worked out that

all you need to do is tap the bagging area side hard when you put light items down and it registers it being there then

By *oo..Woman
23 weeks ago

Boo's World

Cars have updates now?!

Some unfortunately do yes!

More fools the great British Motoring Public for ever allowing this to happen around them without even a murmur of protest.

All they needed to do was say "Sorry, not buying into this. Find some other mugs". But, no, our dumbo compatriots distracted by the antics of Clarkson et al, who should have been championing the consumers at the time instead of arsing around getting cheap TV laughs on disused airfields, have dropped the rest of us in the shit.

Some of use will keep uncomplicated old cars going for as long as possible. The rest of you can have what you deserve."

I have what I deserve a new car that updates itself to keep the safety functions and system top notch and an older "normal" car when I fancy driving that one.

Both paid for and worked for too, what a miracle in this world!

By *unchalMan
23 weeks ago

Dartford

Fuck. Had my second falling out with ALDIs today. They want to look in the bag I had brought into the shop. I refused. They called the manager who insisted that I would have to wait to buy my stuff until they had looked at the security cam footage. I told her to fuck off and left the shop with my bag. I will never use that store again. I hate being made to feel like I am a thief.

By *inky_couple2020Couple
23 weeks ago

North West

Our Dr's do that. But it only works during office hours. Marvellous. Websites need down time too it seems. "

No, it's because it's a glorified MS Forms thingy and no-one has worked out you can filter for time/date submitted. They decide they can only handle same day queries to avoid them overlooking a submission from the previous day. In a nutshell, people need to become more IT literate.

23 weeks ago

North West

Fuck. Had my second falling out with ALDIs today. They want to look in the bag I had brought into the shop. I refused. They called the manager who insisted that I would have to wait to buy my stuff until they had looked at the security cam footage. I told her to fuck off and left the shop with my bag. I will never use that store again. I hate being made to feel like I am a thief. "

People like you are why my brother no longer works at Aldi. They are just doing their job. They have people on the rob left, right and centre and Aldi generally refuses to pay for security guards and instead expects its store managers and deputy managers to defend stores from thieves. The managers get criticised for excessive losses due to theft and stores in the same region are pitted against each other in a league table of "success".

If you have nothing to hide, why not just show them inside your bag? They don't know who you are. I'm assuming you consent to having a bag search going into a music venue or in an Airport, but I also assume you have no intentions of carrying on an explosive device. Do you object to searches of your bag in these scenarios too and if not, why not?

By *uri00620Woman
23 weeks ago

Croydon

I'm all for welcoming the takeover of Skynet. Then it can crack on with all the annoying life admin I waste my time doing. Hopefully it'll also allow for error free messaging. When I notice a mistake but can't be bothered to delete and correct.

That'll be nice.

23 weeks ago

Tin town

Fuck. Had my second falling out with ALDIs today. They want to look in the bag I had brought into the shop. I refused. They called the manager who insisted that I would have to wait to buy my stuff until they had looked at the security cam footage. I told her to fuck off and left the shop with my bag. I will never use that store again. I hate being made to feel like I am a thief.

People like you are why my brother no longer works at Aldi. They are just doing their job. They have people on the rob left, right and centre and Aldi generally refuses to pay for security guards and instead expects its store managers and deputy managers to defend stores from thieves. The managers get criticised for excessive losses due to theft and stores in the same region are pitted against each other in a league table of "success".

If you have nothing to hide, why not just show them inside your bag? They don't know who you are. I'm assuming you consent to having a bag search going into a music venue or in an Airport, but I also assume you have no intentions of carrying on an explosive device. Do you object to searches of your bag in these scenarios too and if not, why not? "

Hang on a minute. Take a step back. When did it become acceptable to search someone going into a supermarket? Fuck me what have we become? No never let anyone random stranger search you fucking hell.

23 weeks ago

Trying to pay for parking when I specifically take cash to do so. I cannot be bothered phoning or setting up an account to pay. Just take my money!

By *illy IdolMan
23 weeks ago

Midlands

Internet security

Just let me use the password I want to use. I have too many variations now I can never remember which one it is

By *art3868437Man
23 weeks ago

Bradford

Don’t do it! Yo momma ain’t raise no quitter

23 weeks ago

North West

If you have nothing to hide, why not just show them inside your bag? They don't know who you are. I'm assuming you consent to having a bag search going into a music venue or in an Airport, but I also assume you have no intentions of carrying on an explosive device. Do you object to searches of your bag in these scenarios too and if not, why not?

Hang on a minute. Take a step back. When did it become acceptable to search someone going into a supermarket? Fuck me what have we become? No never let anyone random stranger search you fucking hell. "

When it became the norm for people to nick jars of coffee, vac-packed steak, wine, nappies, laundry detergent, large blocks of cheese and anything else they fancy. Shoplifting is happening on immense scales. My brother has chased after many a regular thief. Aldi discipline their managers for the consequences of shoplifting so it's unsurprising if they might ask to look inside a bag. It happens on the regular if you manage to set off the alarms in many shops, you are expected to open your bag, show a receipt and probably head to customer service to get the electronic tag thingy taken off. The difference is this usually falls to security staff but Aldi is generally too tight to pay for security. The way they keep the prices low is to get one person to do what three might do in another supermarket brand and by expecting the managers to work miracles. Presumably, they're supposed to ward off shoplifting by the power of thought or something.

Instead of telling the store staff to fuck off, the previous poster could perhaps have been more polite. The staff were doing their jobs.

Post new Message to Thread