Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Ghosting

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
23 weeks ago

Hello!

Chatting/ arranging to meet but then disappearing off the face of the earth.

It really winds me up, just say you aren’t into me.

Have other people found this, or just me??

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
23 weeks ago

That and the meeting .... saying they want another meet ... then nothing.

Takes a few minutes to be polite and say sorry no thanks changed my mind.

23 weeks ago

It happens a lot here but just be grateful they showed theirselves before it went further.

By *lutchieMan
23 weeks ago

West Midlands

I would never ghost someone. Honesty is at the very least the best policy but it's just kind too.

I've been ghosted loads on here sometimes halfway through chatting and others after a meet. It always feels crap and leaves me confused if it's me

By *ed MartinMan
23 weeks ago

Shefford

"Hello!

"

I suspect a fair number of the male profiles who engage in this sort of ghosting are 1-handed typing, and don’t ever actually intend to meet, they just use the fantasy of arranging a meet to get their rocks off!

I find a lot of conversations on here start and end abruptly mid-chat though, and yeah it’s rude- regardless of whether you were arranging to meet or just talking about nothing. It’s the electronic equivalent of walking out the room mid-convo without saying good bye. I wonder if it’s a symptom of a world which has reduced human contact to faceless electronic screens?

23 weeks ago

Doesn't bother me at all. It's their way of saying 'not interested anymore.' It's a bit shit, but I don't let it bother me. It's more annoying if someone cancels or ghosts at the very last minute, but again I don't let that bother me either. I just block and move on.

By *imi_RougeWoman
23 weeks ago

Portsmouth

That doesn't bother me so much, it's when you've actually met a few times and then they do it... That stings a bit. I always tell people they only have to say, yet they still can't manage it.

By *issmorganWoman
23 weeks ago

Calderdale innit

I think many were never actually going to meet,or can't get away from a partner, their nerves overcome them.

It takes nothing to tell someone you've changed your mind. In this day and age people have become disposable, as in quite a few are always looking for the next person to chat to /meet.

I do think it feels worse if you've met that person and they ghost you. Sometimes you'll never know why, then some reappear years later as if it never happened.

By *arry monk40Man
23 weeks ago

Telford

It's to be expected some you win some you lose

23 weeks ago

This how 99 percent of the men on this site feel lol we are just used to it by now it’s a shame that some people turn abusive to woman for it though no need for that take the L and move on

By *atnip make me purrWoman
23 weeks ago

Reading

It is the way of the internet world. You will go crazy if you let it bother you.

By *aribbean King 1985Man
23 weeks ago

South West London

Women ghost more then men do facts

By *ot to giggleWoman
23 weeks ago

Coventry

"Hello!

"

welcome to the ghost club! I have started rentaghost and just add members !!

no one will admit to ghosting but I could point out a few !!!!! Think people enjoy the chase, and then get overwhelmed with what they have decided to do - come out from behind their keyboards and become real people!!!

The ones that arrange something with you and go quiet a few days before and vanish never to be heard of again - or reappear as if you dont exist. and also there are the ones who 'forgot' and start the process again!

yep your not the only one xx

By *ot to giggleWoman
23 weeks ago

Coventry

"Women ghost more then men do facts"

nope not true - think its a fault on both parts, but men are a nightmare

23 weeks ago

"Women ghost more then men do facts

nope not true - think its a fault on both parts, but men are a nightmare"

Men and women ghost. Yes I have in the past. Sometimes because the person was a weird or pushy and I didn't know how to extract myself. Other times conversation just lost energy and faded ....

But if I've arranged to meet someone or have met someone and don't wish to take it further ... I say so because that is kindest thing to do.

By *ansoffateMan
23 weeks ago

Sagittarius A

Maybe you are scary?

By *gent CoulsonMan
23 weeks ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

This is one of the reasons I gave up looking.

Was stood up and ghosted so many times previously that it just isn't worth the hassle

By *imply DeeWoman
23 weeks ago

Wherever

They found someone more willing/available/easier to work out.

Happens all the time, next.

By *izzy.Woman
23 weeks ago

Stoke area

I've had a couple of friends I've known for a while ghost me and found it very unnecessary and unkind. Surely people can just let you know they won't be chatting or meeting again.

At least with the guy I met a couple of times and who let me know he didn't want to meet for sex again, as he didn't find me attractive enough , at least I knew where I stood with him.

Not sure which type of rejection is easier to deal with.

23 weeks ago

As long as they don’t leave you waiting on your own in a bar or in a paid hotel room then I think it’s just part of fab. People don’t need to give excuses for not replying to relatively random strangers online, do they? If they leave you on read and don’t reply then it’s probably better to just find someone you think is more up your street

23 weeks ago

South West London

Well I rather accept a uncomfortable truth then a comfortable lie so if a woman not interested it's best she tells me rather than ghost

23 weeks ago

South West London

Wait you really telling me men are worse at ghosting people considering women get inundated with messages? Ok

By *ongandharderMan
23 weeks ago

Rotherham

Politely saying I'm not interested is more than fair no need for ghosting and if a person give a bad reaction to being told no

Report or block them

By *rBobbMan
23 weeks ago

Birmingham

Personally I think ghosting is cruel and a horrible way to treat someone.

Just be honest and upfront so it is clear where you stand.

Post new Message to Thread