Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Reading FC

Jump to newest

By *kywatcher OP   Man
over a year ago

Southwick

Have appointed Nigel Adkins as manager until 2016 replacing Brian McDermott who was recently sacked.

Is this a progressive move?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Could they have got anyone better?

over a year ago

Mcdermott should not have been fired both him and Adkins had earned the right to see the season out.

But this is the Premier League merry go round.

I think Adkins is a better manager but not by much.

By *kywatcher OP   Man
over a year ago

Southwick

"Could they have got anyone better?"

I'm sure they could have. They IMO have replaced almost like for like. Fortunately their first choice Gus Poyet has decided to stay with Brighton

over a year ago

"Could they have got anyone better?

I'm sure they could have. They IMO have replaced almost like for like. Fortunately their first choice Gus Poyet has decided to stay with Brighton

"

I had Gus in the back of my mind when I asked the question. He's doing a great job at Brighton and when he leaves he won't be moving downwards or sideways. I got the feeling that's how Gus would see the Reading job. He's heading for bigger things and I'd love to see him succeed at it.Just not at Reading.

By *kywatcher OP   Man
over a year ago

Southwick

"Could they have got anyone better?

I had Gus in the back of my mind when I asked the question. He's doing a great job at Brighton and when he leaves he won't be moving downwards or sideways. I got the feeling that's how Gus would see the Reading job. He's heading for bigger things and I'd love to see him succeed at it.Just not at Reading."

Reading offered Gus a larger budget for next season but it would probably have been in the Championship.

He has in his 3.5 years at Brighton taken us from League One bottom half to the brink of the Championship playoffs and possibly Premiership football. He's overseen the move from a dilapidated temporary stadium to the Amex. We have a £20m training facility that will be ready in 2014. He obviously sees Brighton as a better choice. We know one day he will move on and every time the Chelsea job becomes available his is one of the names in the hat.

Post new Message to Thread