Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

First time club goers!

Jump to newest

By *hilledcouple OP   Couple
23 weeks ago

Taunton / London

When attending a club as a couple is it best to attend with another couple? We heard that often people at clubs generally know each other and as a newbie can be a little awkward? Xx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ellhungvweMan
23 weeks ago

Cheltenham

Whether you are a single or a couple it is usually easier if you attend with someone you know. It can be a little waiting at first and having that comfort of knowing someone else will probably help.

You don’t have to do anything if you don’t want to - just sitting back and taking it all in is what many people do in their first club trip.

By *ellhungvweMan
23 weeks ago

Cheltenham

Waiting = awkward ^^

23 weeks ago

Taunton / London

"Whether you are a single or a couple it is usually easier if you attend with someone you know. It can be a little waiting at first and having that comfort of knowing someone else will probably help.

You don’t have to do anything if you don’t want to - just sitting back and taking it all in is what many people do in their first club trip."

Thanks for taking time to message, appreciate it. We thought that might be the case. We go in a couple of weeks, better start putting it out there for some company! Xx

By *ellhungvweMan
23 weeks ago

Cheltenham

"Whether you are a single or a couple it is usually easier if you attend with someone you know. It can be a little waiting at first and having that comfort of knowing someone else will probably help.

You don’t have to do anything if you don’t want to - just sitting back and taking it all in is what many people do in their first club trip.

Thanks for taking time to message, appreciate it. We thought that might be the case. We go in a couple of weeks, better start putting it out there for some company! Xx"

Just enjoy it and don’t put too much stress on yourselves

By *inAndTonic21Couple
23 weeks ago

Merseyside

Thanks for taking time to message, appreciate it. We thought that might be the case. We go in a couple of weeks, better start putting it out there for some company! Xx"

A lot of club nights have group chats prior to the event so check that out or put on fab a meet and include say hi if going. Update your status to say the same and then people may reach out - enjoy xx

By *ang bang bangity bangCouple
23 weeks ago

Sunderland

Thanks for taking time to message, appreciate it. We thought that might be the case. We go in a couple of weeks, better start putting it out there for some company! Xx

A lot of club nights have group chats prior to the event so check that out or put on fab a meet and include say hi if going. Update your status to say the same and then people may reach out - enjoy xx"

We haven't been to a club yet but that would certainly make it a lot easier

By *alandNitaCouple
23 weeks ago

Scunthorpe

"When attending a club as a couple is it best to attend with another couple? We heard that often people at clubs generally know each other and as a newbie can be a little awkward? Xx"

People who attend clubs are usually freindly and chatty, if you go with someone else, you will probably appear to already be "paired up" and less likely to want the attentions of others.

When we go to clubs, we find that the best option is just to wander around and chat to as many people as possible,

Cal

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

23 weeks ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

I'd say it depends entirely on the club, as well as the specific event.

Some clubs do have a base of die hard regulars, mixed with new attendees. Some events tend to attract the same attendees.

Neither of those things is bad.

One thing I'd suggest is to do some research, find a club that on paper ticks the boxes you're looking for (location, size, wet/dry club, specific theme for the night if applicable, who'll be there in terms of just F & FM or open to men too) and get your name added to a guest list if there's one running in rhe events forum. That way you can track who's going, make pre event contact and with many there'll be a pre event group chat set up.

I'm off to a new club next weekend where I've never met anyone else that's going. But the group chat so far has been both welcoming and hilarious.

As a couple you'll always have eachother, so even if nobody there turns out to float your boat you'll have eachother for company.

Good luck.

23 weeks ago

Taunton / London

A lot of club nights have group chats prior to the event so check that out or put on fab a meet and include say hi if going. Update your status to say the same and then people may reach out - enjoy xx

We haven't been to a club yet but that would certainly make it a lot easier"

Let us know if you fancy going together... xx

23 weeks ago

Taunton / London

"When attending a club as a couple is it best to attend with another couple? We heard that often people at clubs generally know each other and as a newbie can be a little awkward? Xx

People who attend clubs are usually freindly and chatty, if you go with someone else, you will probably appear to already be "paired up" and less likely to want the attentions of others.

When we go to clubs, we find that the best option is just to wander around and chat to as many people as possible,

Cal"

Yeah true, I didn't think about looking paired up, I guess once in a comfortable and couples drinks in etc cab wander around independently of your couple mates.

23 weeks ago

Taunton / London

"I'd say it depends entirely on the club, as well as the specific event.

Some clubs do have a base of die hard regulars, mixed with new attendees. Some events tend to attract the same attendees.

One thing I'd suggest is to do some research, find a club that on paper ticks the boxes you're looking for (location, size, wet/dry club, specific theme for the night if applicable, who'll be there in terms of just F & FM or open to men too) and get your name added to a guest list if there's one running in rhe events forum. That way you can track who's going, make pre event contact and with many there'll be a pre event group chat set up.

I'm off to a new club next weekend where I've never met anyone else that's going. But the group chat so far has been both welcoming and hilarious.

As a couple you'll always have eachother, so even if nobody there turns out to float your boat you'll have eachother for company.

Good luck. "

Appreciate your message, we will do some digging and join a chat. We have booked so can see the guest list but is looking a little sparse at min! Xx

By *ang bang bangity bangCouple
23 weeks ago

Sunderland

Let us know if you fancy going together... xx"

We could meet in the Midlands

23 weeks ago

Taunton / London

Let us know if you fancy going together... xx

We could meet in the Midlands "

The club we are going to this time is in London. Maybe next time somewhere closer to you xx

By *red333Man
23 weeks ago

Dorchester

"When attending a club as a couple is it best to attend with another couple? We heard that often people at clubs generally know each other and as a newbie can be a little awkward? Xx"
Do you have another couple you can go with? Safety in numbers

By *BootyfulDayWoman
23 weeks ago

I’ve only been to one club so far twice and gone technically by myself. But I would agree with a lot of the previous posters - if it’s a certain themed night which I did I made sure to post of the forum thread for the club night and joined the group chat for it. It helps just see the kind of vibe and hopefully blether to a couple folk going. Some clubs have a pre social which I would recommend trying to see or if not just posting on fab either status/forum and seeing if folk wanna meet beforehand and at least you can walk in with others which I think is the hardest part! Good luck OP, let us know how your first club night goes

By *BootyfulDayWoman
23 weeks ago

Good luck. "

Oooooo I’m excited for you! Whatever the club is j hope you have a lovely time, from the group chat it sounds like you will do

23 weeks ago

Taunton / London

Good luck.

Oooooo I’m excited for you! Whatever the club is j hope you have a lovely time, from the group chat it sounds like you will do "

Thank you so much! We'll keep you posted on how it goes xx

By *ivingadream..Couple
23 weeks ago

Peterborough

We literally had our 1st club experience last night. So my advice would be maybe go with someone that has been to that club, on that night. We had a brilliant chat with a couple as soon as we got the bar and luckily they were really cool and filled us in on their opinions on that night specifically, which really allowed us assess the situation, and not be awkward. Going with people that are also noobies wouldn't have done that.

My next advice depends on your personalities.. but leave all yourself doubts at the door and just embrace it. Everyone was cool, so chill, and we had a great night because of who we spoke to, we only played together..

Message us if you have any questions xx

Post new Message to Thread