Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

What killed Emo

Jump to newest

By *oxes OP   Man
24 weeks ago

Southend, Essex

A following on from an article I wrote about 'real dubstep'.

So Emo is short for emotional or shall I say emotional hardcore a genre of punk.

Emocore evolved into a style of fashion that allowed men to get intouch inside with an female side (well we got to remember that the 00s and 2000s were a different but evolving time). Where as women might have a wee bit more coulor. Both made use of heavy eye liner, hair over the eye. Black. Metal belts. Skinny jeans. converse. Weard longtartan fingerless gloves.

Parramour, my chemical romance, Fallout Boy, Enter Shikari and panic at the Disco?

But question is what happened to the genre and fashion sence. What was is legacy. Like with all things that turn into a cultural impact what is the lasting impact?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *gent CoulsonMan
24 weeks ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

It became fashionable, so no longer a statement

By *oxes OP   Man
24 weeks ago

Southend, Essex

"It became fashionable, so no longer a statement "

That's a fair point I here a lotv of people say that impacted or conversation involving mental elf but how truec that statement is.

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
24 weeks ago

BRIDPORT

Having Rod Hulls hand stuck up it’s arse probably didn’t do it any favours

By *eliWoman
24 weeks ago

Nothing. Emo kids never die. The emo stage is never really over, once an emo, always an emo but you get better at hiding it and your desire to wear a heavy fringe and masses of eyeliner.

I don't think there's any negative lasting impact. I also don't think it's a fashion sense that has entirely gone away, it's just matured and is shown in other ways.

People host emo nights now, even swinger club ones, it's a chance for the tortured souls to reminiscence about the days they hated everyone. Bar Pete Wentz. And Gerard Way.

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

24 weeks ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Nothing. Emo kids never die. The emo stage is never really over, once an emo, always an emo but you get better at hiding it and your desire to wear a heavy fringe and masses of eyeliner.

I don't think there's any negative lasting impact. I also don't think it's a fashion sense that has entirely gone away, it's just matured and is shown in other ways.

People host emo nights now, even swinger club ones, it's a chance for the tortured souls to reminiscence about the days they hated everyone. Bar Pete Wentz. And Gerard Way."

Can't beat a good swinging club Alt night.

By *nnCeeWoman
24 weeks ago

East of Eden, West of Hell

Maybe it was Cookie Monster...

Or perhaps The Count, he always seemed a bit dodgy...

Oh...

EMO...

Not ELMO...

dammit

By *eliWoman
24 weeks ago

"Nothing. Emo kids never die. The emo stage is never really over, once an emo, always an emo but you get better at hiding it and your desire to wear a heavy fringe and masses of eyeliner.

People host emo nights now, even swinger club ones, it's a chance for the tortured souls to reminiscence about the days they hated everyone. Bar Pete Wentz. And Gerard Way.

Can't beat a good swinging club Alt night. "

Ah I'm sad I missed the last one at Xtasia - would have been my first. Hoping to make next month's.

Signed

A Former Emo

By *oxes OP   Man
24 weeks ago

Southend, Essex

"Maybe it was Cookie Monster...

Oh...

EMO...

Not ELMO...

dammit"

Why did I read this in Elmos voice?

By *nnCeeWoman
24 weeks ago

Oh...

EMO...

Not ELMO...

dammit

Why did I read this in Elmos voice?"

Because I am Elmo...

By *nnCeeWoman
24 weeks ago

Oh...

EMO...

Not ELMO...

dammit

Why did I read this in Elmos voice?

Because I am Elmo... "

Just give me two test tickles...

By *oxes OP   Man
23 weeks ago

Southend, Essex

Can't beat a good swinging club Alt night. "

I did not know such nights existed.

By *itSurreyCoupleCouple
23 weeks ago

Reigate

Can’t believe night like that exist. Off to look where.

By *ermite12ukMan
23 weeks ago

Solihull and Brentwood

"Having Rod Hulls hand stuck up it’s arse probably didn’t do it any favours"

By *oxes OP   Man
23 weeks ago

Southend, Essex

"Can’t believe night like that exist. Off to look where. "

I didn't know either You learn something new everyday.

By *mileyculturebelfastMan
23 weeks ago

belfast

"A following on from an article I wrote about 'real dubstep'.

So Emo is short for emotional or shall I say emotional hardcore a genre of punk.

Emocore evolved into a style of fashion that allowed men to get intouch inside with an female side (well we got to remember that the 00s and 2000s were a different but evolving time). Where as women might have a wee bit more coulor. Both made use of heavy eye liner, hair over the eye. Black. Metal belts. Skinny jeans. converse. Weard longtartan fingerless gloves.

Parramour, my chemical romance, Fallout Boy, Enter Shikari and panic at the Disco?

But question is what happened to the genre and fashion sence. What was is legacy. Like with all things that turn into a cultural impact what is the lasting impact? "

Define emo. Think you're talking about the shite second wave rather than discord bands like embrace or bands like rydell from England.

By *ools and the brainCouple
23 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

I can't believe Emo Philips is dead

By *irthandgirthMan
23 weeks ago

Camberley occasionally doncaster

They discovered the colour brown and turned it into steampunk

By *oxes OP   Man
23 weeks ago

Southend, Essex

"A following on from an article I wrote about 'real dubstep'.

But question is what happened to the genre and fashion sence. What was is legacy. Like with all things that turn into a cultural impact what is the lasting impact?

Define emo. Think you're talking about the shite second wave rather than discord bands like embrace or bands like rydell from England. "

From my limited knowledge didn't v it start in Washington DC in the 80s?

By *obyn GravesTV/TS
23 weeks ago

1127 walnut avenue

Didn't they all just become depressed and all killed themselves..?..

By *ablo minibar123Woman
23 weeks ago

"Having Rod Hulls hand stuck up it’s arse probably didn’t do it any favours"

Insane chuckling ha ha ha

By *oxes OP   Man
23 weeks ago

Southend, Essex

"Didn't they all just become depressed and all killed themselves..?.."

There is a funny video where one EMO is pretending to cry and here mates are doing their best David Attenborough inpression. "Here wee have an emo in her natural habitat. KFC".

By *iss.Bella.Woman
23 weeks ago

North Wales

I thought that said Elmo and now I'm disappointed

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

23 weeks ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

Can't beat a good swinging club Alt night.

I did not know such nights existed. "

Xtasia. It's epic. But sadly held on a Saturday so a non-single male night.

Pretty sure other clubs up north do them too.

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

23 weeks ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"I thought that said Elmo and now I'm disappointed "

I like Elmo.

Anyone for a tickle?

By *iss.Bella.Woman
23 weeks ago

North Wales

"I thought that said Elmo and now I'm disappointed

I like Elmo.

Anyone for a tickle? "

My daughter is obsessed with him. I woke up in the early hours of the morning to an Elmo teddy (life sized) almost nose to nose with me

By *oxes OP   Man
23 weeks ago

Southend, Essex

"I thought that said Elmo and now I'm disappointed

I like Elmo.

Anyone for a tickle?

My daughter is obsessed with him. I woke up in the early hours of the morning to an Elmo teddy (life sized) almost nose to nose with me "

Is that a better alarm call than a young one flinging the curtains open and shouting "ITS MORNING!" 4:35?

Post new Message to Thread