Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Songs that have been ruined

Jump to newest

By *or-Queening OP   Man
24 weeks ago

Manchester

Are there any songs that you can't take seriously because of the way they've been used, or because of comments you've heard made about them?

For example, Desmond Dekker's Israelites which I can't hear without hearing 'Vatalite' after it was re-recorded for an advert, and also a parody version which substitutes 'Me ears are alight' for the title.

Equally, War's Low Rider will forever include the lyric 'My mate - Marmite' as that was the version I first heard.

And one last one of a different kind - don't read this if you're a big fan of The Cranberries.

When I was at school if someone farted and the smell hung around it was referred to as 'lingering' and you could be sure someone would say 'Did you have to, did you have to, did you have to let it linger?'

Any other examples?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
24 weeks ago

I Want It That Way by Backstreet Boys was ruined by the line up scene in Brooklyn99

I can’t hear “tell me why” any other way now

By *or-Queening OP   Man
24 weeks ago

Manchester

That should be 'Vitalite' of course. Sigh. One of those days.

By *avexxMan
24 weeks ago

cheshire

tainted love,, marc almond although it was number 1 and popular..it was a classic northern soul song

By *irthandgirthMan
24 weeks ago

Camberley occasionally doncaster

"I Want It That Way by Backstreet Boys was ruined by the line up scene in Brooklyn99

I can’t hear “tell me why” any other way now "

I don't really watch TV so the first time I saw that clip was a YT short.

I couldn't fkn breath I was laughing so hard.

This was half an hour before I was interviewing someone and I barely managed to compose myself.

By *or-Queening OP   Man
24 weeks ago

Manchester

"tainted love,, marc almond although it was number 1 and popular..it was a classic northern soul song"

Are you saying the Almond version ruined the original, or finding out that it was a cover ruined the Almond version?

Post new Message to Thread