Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

The Jeans Turn ups debate

Jump to newest

By *tanley Funseeker OP   Man
24 weeks ago

stanley

I work with a chap who’s brother owns a small designer fashion shop and who insists that mens Jeans should always be turned up unless there being worn with trainers.

He is genuinely earnest in this statement so I’m struggling to work out if he’s winding me up.

What are your views fellow fab forumites?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *alcon43Woman
24 weeks ago

Paisley

A but dated having turn-ups I’d have thought.

By *rsMistyPeaksWoman
24 weeks ago

Essex

My views are.

Men’s jeans should be worn in strict accordance with the wearer’s preference. Style cannot be prescribed to someone. People tend to look their best when the dress how they choose to express themselves.

Besides. It’s more important if the men turn up, than the jeans they are wearing

By *tanley Funseeker OP   Man
24 weeks ago

stanley

"My views are.

Men’s jeans should be worn in strict accordance with the wearer’s preference. Style cannot be prescribed to someone. People tend to look their best when the dress how they choose to express themselves.

Besides. It’s more important if the men turn up, than the jeans they are wearing "

Lol good point, but no unsolicited/uninvited hugs though eh?

By *arla SwingerWoman
24 weeks ago

Somewhere

I prefer it when they iron creases down the front

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

24 weeks ago

East Sussex

I think the fact that he owns a small designer fashion shop says it all.

Just wear your damn jeans how you want. Turn them up, don't turn them up but whatever you do don't do it because somebody who owns a shop tells you to.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

24 weeks ago

East Sussex

"I prefer it when they iron creases down the front "

I used to spend hours doing that .

By *ot to giggleWoman
24 weeks ago

Coventry

"My views are.

Besides. It’s more important if the men turn up, than the jeans they are wearing "

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ like what you did there

By *eroLondonMan
24 weeks ago

Mayfair

It depends on how the jeans are being coordinated with other items of clothing, the cut of the jeans (it would look less appealing with boot-cut or boyfriend-cut jeans turned up), shoes — Chelsea boots or Chukka boots versus smart trainers.

The colour can be a decider — slim white jeans turned up would look more appropriate compared to jet black jeans...

There is no right or wrong answer. Setting your ·own· trend and feeling sartorially comfortable/confident is probably more important.

By *ellhungvweMan
24 weeks ago

Cheltenham

Jeans are basically working trousers. Find it amusing that fashionistas would try to tell you how you should be wearing them.

By *rsMistyPeaksWoman
24 weeks ago

Essex

"My views are.

Besides. It’s more important if the men turn up, than the jeans they are wearing

Lol good point, but no unsolicited/uninvited hugs though eh?"

God no. Eeek

By *rsMistyPeaksWoman
24 weeks ago

Essex

"Jeans are basically working trousers. Find it amusing that fashionistas would try to tell you how you should be wearing them."

They “were” working trousers.

By *eroLondonMan
24 weeks ago

Mayfair

"Jeans are basically working trousers..."

No they're not.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

24 weeks ago

East Sussex

Why, the next thing you know someone will tell me I can't wear camouflage crocs with my turned up jeans

By *rsMistyPeaksWoman
24 weeks ago

Essex

"Why, the next thing you know someone will tell me I can't wear camouflage crocs with my turned up jeans "

It won’t matter, no-one would see them

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

24 weeks ago

East Sussex

"Why, the next thing you know someone will tell me I can't wear camouflage crocs with my turned up jeans

It won’t matter, no-one would see them "

Off to the shops to buy some!

By *red333Man
24 weeks ago

Dorchester

I don't wear jeans but a turn up looks ok sometimes and other times not, so it kinda depends what else you are wearing

By *ellhungvweMan
24 weeks ago

Cheltenham

"Jeans are basically working trousers. Find it amusing that fashionistas would try to tell you how you should be wearing them.

They “were” working trousers. "

They still are in my house.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

24 weeks ago

East Sussex

I handed my 'cool card' in ages ago.

I wear skinny jeans, classic ones, boot cut, ankle length, skimming my trainers, tucked in to boots, black ones, dark blue ones, with a belt, without a belt. Hell sometimes I wear a blouse with them with a french tuck.

By *atnip make me purrWoman
24 weeks ago

Reading

"Why, the next thing you know someone will tell me I can't wear camouflage crocs with my turned up jeans "

You cant just bin em.

By *red333Man
24 weeks ago

Dorchester

"I handed my 'cool card' in ages ago.

I wear skinny jeans, classic ones, boot cut, ankle length, skimming my trainers, tucked in to boots, black ones, dark blue ones, with a belt, without a belt. Hell sometimes I wear a blouse with them with a french tuck. "

really nice and tight on the bum then?

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

24 weeks ago

East Sussex

What about this tucking one side of the front of your blouse/shirt in? I tried it, I look ridiculous

By *rsMistyPeaksWoman
24 weeks ago

Essex

"What about this tucking one side of the front of your blouse/shirt in? I tried it, I look ridiculous "

I do that.

I probably look ridiculous. But most jumpers/shirts/tshirts drown me, so I have to have a bit of a tuck…

Zero shits are given

At least I don’t wear crocs…..

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

24 weeks ago

East Sussex

"What about this tucking one side of the front of your blouse/shirt in? I tried it, I look ridiculous

I do that.

I probably look ridiculous. But most jumpers/shirts/tshirts drown me, so I have to have a bit of a tuck…

Zero shits are given

At least I don’t wear crocs…..

"

I tuck but if I do the one side in thing I look as if someone else dressed me and got called away half way through

By *amhorniestMan
24 weeks ago

Surrey

Depends how long they are..

By *wistntwirlCouple
24 weeks ago

Middle Land

You need to be more specific. Are we talking about tiny little rolls? Or five inches folded over?

Are they halfway up your shins to show off your novelty socks or just exposing a little ankle?

By *ophieslutTV/TS
24 weeks ago

Central

I think it's up to the individual.

By *ensuallover1000Man
24 weeks ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

Nay, nay nay; Jeans should always be worn back to front and at least 3 sizes above your actual measurements.

Kris Kross taught us this indisputable fashion law back in the 1990’s

Post new Message to Thread