Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Alone-ness

Jump to newest

By *ickyKlungespeare OP   Man
24 weeks ago

St Leonards

Isn't it amazing?

To know that you are connected intimately, universally with every neutrino, quark, molecule, speck of dust, tree, child, adult, planet, galaxy; all past, now, and future.

All of it.

And always utterly alone in that hideous beauty.

Dynamic, connected, vulnerable, and alone.

To give and receive, in that alone-ness that fills all voids.

Can it get any better?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *hinstrapMan
24 weeks ago

Barnsley

Deep for this time in the morning. But I do get you

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

24 weeks ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

There's a few folk I'd like to be connected intimately to on here.....

Just sayin......

By *ot to giggleWoman
24 weeks ago

Coventry

good morning - think the giving and receiving in that aloneness breaks it up a bit

By *ravelling_WilburyMan
24 weeks ago

Beverley

I understand you're trying to sound philosophical, but that's just a tremendous amount of contradictory bollocks

By *ellhungvweMan
24 weeks ago

Cheltenham

I will have a pint of whatever you are on OP!

(But I do agree with you)

By *rsMistyPeaksWoman
24 weeks ago

Essex

"Isn't it amazing?

To know that you are connected intimately, universally with every neutrino, quark, molecule, speck of dust, tree, child, adult, planet, galaxy; all past, now, and future.

All of it.

Can it get any better?"

Isn’t quark that horrible cheese stuff? I don’t want to be connected with that.

By *illy IdolMan
24 weeks ago

Midlands

Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self. Look for yourself, and you will find in the long run only hatred, loneliness, despair, rage, ruin, and decay.

By *inky_couple2020Couple
24 weeks ago

North West

"Isn't it amazing?

All of it.

Can it get any better?

Isn’t quark that horrible cheese stuff? I don’t want to be connected with that. "

They're up and down. Strangeness and charm

24 weeks ago

St Leonards

"good morning - think the giving and receiving in that aloneness breaks it up a bit "

If you know how clever that reply is, you're amazing.

If you don't know how clever that reply is, you're amazing but don't know you're amazing.

The "breaks it up a bit" - that's the amazing bit.

That's where the ouroboros dances with its heart. And still has to move ever onwards.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

24 weeks ago

East Sussex

This is all beyond me.

By *ot to giggleWoman
24 weeks ago

Coventry

"good morning - think the giving and receiving in that aloneness breaks it up a bit

If you know how clever that reply is, you're amazing.

If you don't know how clever that reply is, you're amazing but don't know you're amazing.

The "breaks it up a bit" - that's the amazing bit.

That's where the ouroboros dances with its heart. And still has to move ever onwards."

i think I'm going to aspire to being amazing today

24 weeks ago

St Leonards

"Isn't it amazing?

All of it.

Can it get any better?

They're up and down. Strangeness and charm "

You lepton that one x

By (user no longer on site)
24 weeks ago

"….

Can it get any better?"

Yes if someone was keeping my cock warm as I was enjoying feeling alone.

By *red333Man
24 weeks ago

Dorchester

"Isn't it amazing?

All of it.

Can it get any better?"

It can only get better

By *ady LickWoman
24 weeks ago

Northampton Somewhere

Bit heavy for a Friday!

By *red333Man
24 weeks ago

Dorchester

You feeling ok robocop?

24 weeks ago

St Leonards

"You feeling ok robocop? "

Awww Fred - you're a sweetie.

Yes. I've just seen a lot of stuff recently, elsewhere and here, that I thought needed a challenge to alone/lonely.

Being a brutal cunt who loves alone and is concerned that so many people miss its possibilities (mentally, emotionally, philosophically, physically) - I wanted to chuck the challenge out there as a counterbalance.

I've done similar things on my other social media over the last few weeks and months xxx

24 weeks ago

You can enjoy being alone and yet have momentary craving for connection.

You can be surrounded by friends, or laying next to someone who is meant to love you ... and feel the loneliest you've ever felt.

Being truly comfortable alone is a gift I've be nurturing for myself.

By *red333Man
24 weeks ago

Dorchester

"You feeling ok robocop?

Yes. I've just seen a lot of stuff recently, elsewhere and here, that I thought needed a challenge to alone/lonely.

Being a brutal cunt who loves alone and is concerned that so many people miss its possibilities (mentally, emotionally, philosophically, physically) - I wanted to chuck the challenge out there as a counterbalance.

I've done similar things on my other social media over the last few weeks and months xxx"

lol hey i do find it odd though that with all these billions of people in the world that people complain (not you) that they are lonely, my theory is they themselves isolate themselves from deeper involvement with other people, to the extent that friends and family then isolate themselves from him or her. We all have taste in people, looks, cleanliness, race, jobs, education etc so why if we are feeling lonely can't we break our own restrictions and just get close to people. I'm a friendly guy i smile at people and say hi and people respond to that.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

24 weeks ago

East Sussex

^^ because people isolate themselves in tribes and don't let others in. I try to be friendly to everyone in social situations and obviously so do you but the vast majority of people exclude others.

Then you get people like my father. Widowed two years ago after 67 years of marriage. He has a good social life and many friends but he's terribly lonely.

It isn't always the lonely persons fault

24 weeks ago

Fred333

It's quite possible to be surrounded by people and feel lonely. Or isolated from people due to your health... its a complex issue .....

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

24 weeks ago

East Sussex

"Fred333

It's quite possible to be surrounded by people and feel lonely. Or isolated from people due to your health... its a complex issue ..... "

It is.

24 weeks ago

St Leonards

"You feeling ok robocop?

I've done similar things on my other social media over the last few weeks and months xxxlol hey i do find it odd though that with all these billions of people in the world that people complain (not you) that they are lonely, my theory is they themselves isolate themselves from deeper involvement with other people, to the extent that friends and family then isolate themselves from him or her. We all have taste in people, looks, cleanliness, race, jobs, education etc so why if we are feeling lonely can't we break our own restrictions and just get close to people. I'm a friendly guy i smile at people and say hi and people respond to that. "

I think it's a lot about developing cultures where we experience incredible closeness (it builds our "heart-joy") whilst having no desire for ownership or possession in that.

That changes our entire political and economic superstructure as well though, so it's enormous.

We do "need" the pleasure people can provide, and we do "need" responsiveness to our genuine vulnerabilities. To turn that into ownerships and possessiveness just seems anachronistic, irregular, outmoded.

Have you read Marge Piercy's "Woman at the Edge of Time"? It's great for cracking everything apart and looking anew. Including child-rearing. Great book. Odd, and deep. Very, very readable. It's also wise enough to know how near impossible such seismic change is.

But only "near" impossible.

I'll take those odds .

24 weeks ago

I love being alone and connected to as many appendages as possible simultaneously x

By *red333Man
24 weeks ago

Dorchester

"Fred333

It's quite possible to be surrounded by people and feel lonely. Or isolated from people due to your health... its a complex issue ..... "

I get the health thing but if you've still got life in you i meant, drop the barriers and get stuck in, also i get the long happy marriage thing you invest yourself in that marriage and when it ends for whatever reason you don't know how to interact with other people i guess.

24 weeks ago

North West

"Isn't it amazing?

All of it.

Can it get any better?

You lepton that one x"

I've got my head gluon'd

By *red333Man
24 weeks ago

Dorchester

"You feeling ok robocop?

I've done similar things on my other social media over the last few weeks and months xxxlol hey i do find it odd though that with all these billions of people in the world that people complain (not you) that they are lonely, my theory is they themselves isolate themselves from deeper involvement with other people, to the extent that friends and family then isolate themselves from him or her. We all have taste in people, looks, cleanliness, race, jobs, education etc so why if we are feeling lonely can't we break our own restrictions and just get close to people. I'm a friendly guy i smile at people and say hi and people respond to that.

I think it's a lot about developing cultures where we experience incredible closeness (it builds our "heart-joy") whilst having no desire for ownership or possession in that.

That changes our entire political and economic superstructure as well though, so it's enormous.

We do "need" the pleasure people can provide, and we do "need" responsiveness to our genuine vulnerabilities. To turn that into ownerships and possessiveness just seems anachronistic, irregular, outmoded.

Have you read Marge Piercy's "Woman at the Edge of Time"? It's great for cracking everything apart and looking anew. Including child-rearing. Great book. Odd, and deep. Very, very readable. It's also wise enough to know how near impossible such seismic change is.

But only "near" impossible.

I'll take those odds ."

No haven't read it but will look out for it.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

24 weeks ago

East Sussex

"Fred333

It's quite possible to be surrounded by people and feel lonely. Or isolated from people due to your health... its a complex issue ..... I get the health thing but if you've still got life in you i meant, drop the barriers and get stuck in, also i get the long happy marriage thing you invest yourself in that marriage and when it ends for whatever reason you don't know how to interact with other people i guess. "

My dad knows how to interact with other people although he has some neurodiversity which affects how he does it. However it's the hours he spends alone than contribute to his feelings if loneliness. It really isn't as easy as smiling at someone and saying hello. They still have to go home to an empty house

By *ot to giggleWoman
24 weeks ago

Coventry

"Fred333

It's quite possible to be surrounded by people and feel lonely. Or isolated from people due to your health... its a complex issue ..... I get the health thing but if you've still got life in you i meant, drop the barriers and get stuck in, also i get the long happy marriage thing you invest yourself in that marriage and when it ends for whatever reason you don't know how to interact with other people i guess. "

i think that applys for any long relationship that changes/ends - my child is moving onto the next step of their lives, which is great, I've done my single parenting thing well. But the void is suddenly bigger than i thought - having focused on one person for such a long time 17 years i have been mother/father/extended family to one person and now Im not required - its a huge adjustment

By *red333Man
24 weeks ago

Dorchester

"Fred333

It's quite possible to be surrounded by people and feel lonely. Or isolated from people due to your health... its a complex issue ..... I get the health thing but if you've still got life in you i meant, drop the barriers and get stuck in, also i get the long happy marriage thing you invest yourself in that marriage and when it ends for whatever reason you don't know how to interact with other people i guess.

My dad knows how to interact with other people although he has some neurodiversity which affects how he does it. However it's the hours he spends alone than contribute to his feelings if loneliness. It really isn't as easy as smiling at someone and saying hello. They still have to go home to an empty house "

True i suppose residential living is out of the question, suppose that has its ups and downs in so far as you can't choose the people you are living with and if he's still independent he wants to maintain his independence, the residential places I've visited they seem to have great social aspects, organised activities etc

By *red333Man
24 weeks ago

Dorchester

"Fred333

It's quite possible to be surrounded by people and feel lonely. Or isolated from people due to your health... its a complex issue ..... I get the health thing but if you've still got life in you i meant, drop the barriers and get stuck in, also i get the long happy marriage thing you invest yourself in that marriage and when it ends for whatever reason you don't know how to interact with other people i guess.

i think that applys for any long relationship that changes/ends - my child is moving onto the next step of their lives, which is great, I've done my single parenting thing well. But the void is suddenly bigger than i thought - having focused on one person for such a long time 17 years i have been mother/father/extended family to one person and now Im not required - its a huge adjustment"

Yes i get that too but for different reasons

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

24 weeks ago

East Sussex

"Fred333

My dad knows how to interact with other people although he has some neurodiversity which affects how he does it. However it's the hours he spends alone than contribute to his feelings if loneliness. It really isn't as easy as smiling at someone and saying hello. They still have to go home to an empty house True i suppose residential living is out of the question, suppose that has its ups and downs in so far as you can't choose the people you are living with and if he's still independent he wants to maintain his independence, the residential places I've visited they seem to have great social aspects, organised activities etc "

It's not a question of residential living. I think you're missing the point that it's possible to be lonely while interacting with many people.

Solving the problem of loneliness isn't as simple as telling someone to be with people. They have to be 'your' people.

By *nnCeeWoman
24 weeks ago

East of Eden, West of Hell

"Fred333

i think that applys for any long relationship that changes/ends - my child is moving onto the next step of their lives, which is great, I've done my single parenting thing well. But the void is suddenly bigger than i thought - having focused on one person for such a long time 17 years i have been mother/father/extended family to one person and now Im not required - its a huge adjustment"

Oh giggles, you're still required my darling, just perhaps not in quite the same way as you have been previously xx

24 weeks ago

"Isn't it amazing?

All of it.

Can it get any better?"

Is that how you feel right now op

24 weeks ago

Right now I need alone time. I want to vent my anger but keep holding myself together

By *red333Man
24 weeks ago

Dorchester

"Fred333

My dad knows how to interact with other people although he has some neurodiversity which affects how he does it. However it's the hours he spends alone than contribute to his feelings if loneliness. It really isn't as easy as smiling at someone and saying hello. They still have to go home to an empty house True i suppose residential living is out of the question, suppose that has its ups and downs in so far as you can't choose the people you are living with and if he's still independent he wants to maintain his independence, the residential places I've visited they seem to have great social aspects, organised activities etc

It's not a question of residential living. I think you're missing the point that it's possible to be lonely while interacting with many people.

Solving the problem of loneliness isn't as simple as telling someone to be with people. They have to be 'your' people. "

I get that so yes i get loneliness but don't understand it, suppose my turn is yet to come.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

24 weeks ago

East Sussex

"Fred333

My dad knows how to interact with other people although he has some neurodiversity which affects how he does it. However it's the hours he spends alone than contribute to his feelings if loneliness. It really isn't as easy as smiling at someone and saying hello. They still have to go home to an empty house True i suppose residential living is out of the question, suppose that has its ups and downs in so far as you can't choose the people you are living with and if he's still independent he wants to maintain his independence, the residential places I've visited they seem to have great social aspects, organised activities etc

Solving the problem of loneliness isn't as simple as telling someone to be with people. They have to be 'your' people. I get that so yes i get loneliness but don't understand it, suppose my turn is yet to come. "

You're lucky. I hope you never have to understand it

By *red333Man
24 weeks ago

Dorchester

"Fred333

Solving the problem of loneliness isn't as simple as telling someone to be with people. They have to be 'your' people. I get that so yes i get loneliness but don't understand it, suppose my turn is yet to come.

You're lucky. I hope you never have to understand it"

Can i ask how old your dad is?

By *J the bullMan
24 weeks ago

Washington

"Isn't it amazing?

All of it.

Can it get any better?

They're up and down. Strangeness and charm "

And it's everyone's strangeness and charms that lead to all their ups and downs

24 weeks ago

Beautifully put OP.

It's true, we are one...

...everything in the universe is interconnected and interdependent.

By *ellhungvweMan
24 weeks ago

Cheltenham

"Isn't it amazing?

All of it.

Can it get any better?

You lepton that one x

I've got my head gluon'd "

You two are scaring me. I am a bit of a WIMP.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

24 weeks ago

East Sussex

"Fred333

Solving the problem of loneliness isn't as simple as telling someone to be with people. They have to be 'your' people. I get that so yes i get loneliness but don't understand it, suppose my turn is yet to come.

You're lucky. I hope you never have to understand itCan i ask how old your dad is? "

He's 97

By *ripfillMan
24 weeks ago

havant

"Isn't it amazing?

All of it.

Can you actually cook with Quark .?

Can it get any better?

Isn’t quark that horrible cheese stuff? I don’t want to be connected with that. "

24 weeks ago

St Leonards

"Isn't it amazing?

All of it.

Can it get any better?

You lepton that one x

I've got my head gluon'd "

Fermi, that's the best one yet xx

24 weeks ago

St Leonards

"Isn't it amazing?

All of it.

Can it get any better?

And it's everyone's strangeness and charms that lead to all their ups and downs "

Higgsactly!

24 weeks ago

St Leonards

"Beautifully put OP.

It's true, we are one...

...everything in the universe is interconnected and interdependent."

Oh I like you Sissy. And awareness of that doesn't necessarily make it better, but that awareness (which seems to be supported at the cutting edge of physics and philosophy, no gods required) IS a strong basis for moving into making everything a bit better.

I think queer, neuroqueer, neurospicy, neurodivergent are all some of that potential in squidgy human form that can explore a newer and more germane ethics xx

24 weeks ago

St Leonards

"Isn't it amazing?

All of it.

Can it get any better?

Is that how you feel right now op"

Thanks for asking. Leaving my crap jokes aside for now, it's been the main theme in my thought and feeling for about 15 years. Main theme. By far. But not the only theme.

It is, however, very "contra" to the pressures and dynamics that surround us in 21st Century "west" in particular (not that anywhere else has really got a handle on it either).

So I'd have to be even more of a cunt than many people already think I am not to have incredible empathy for the confusions surrounding navigating our days and nights.

Plus, there's every good reason I could be entirely misguided.

24 weeks ago

St Leonards

"Isn't it amazing?

All of it.

Can it get any better?

You lepton that one x

I've got my head gluon'd

You two are scaring me. I am a bit of a WIMP."

The WIMPS shall inherit The Lounge .

24 weeks ago

St Leonards

Nice work everyone - thank you xxx

24 weeks ago

North West

"Isn't it amazing?

All of it.

Can it get any better?

Higgsactly!"

Boson!

By *rHotNottsMan
24 weeks ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Deep.

I’ve been learning about sociograms and social quotient so it’s a bit interesting.

Not sure I understand the chemical analogy, yeah we’re all made of the same stuff , as is dirt, diamonds and dog poo , but that’s not what connects us.

What connects us is relationships, personalities and the unseen grid with outs own energy called social capital.

24 weeks ago

St Leonards

"Isn't it amazing?

All of it.

Can it get any better?

Higgsactly!

Boson!"

You know, I've just checked, and I'm a tad upset that no FF couple on here has called themselves "DoubleSlit" xx

By *ansoffateMan
24 weeks ago

Sagittarius A

I love a bit of non-duality.

That relinquishing of control, acceptance of our temporal existence.

Old evaporated milk cans ripped apart by mighty behemoth claws. Can't beat a bit of the Dharma Bum life, before rotating back to the real world.

24 weeks ago

St Leonards

"Deep.

I’ve been learning about sociograms and social quotient so it’s a bit interesting.

Not sure I understand the chemical analogy, yeah we’re all made of the same stuff , as is dirt, diamonds and dog poo , but that’s not what connects us.

What connects us is relationships, personalities and the unseen grid with outs own energy called social capital. "

There's a very good William Blake piece where he alludes to one of the prophets basically eating poo (by cooking on dung, that poo gets into the food).

Underneath the surface, one of the things Blake is saying (because every one of his sentences usually says about a hundred things ) is that we are emotionally and "holistically" connected, even with the yukky stuff. An infinity in every thing (not infinity in everything).

Gets closer to quantum physics (Bohmian Holography) than chemistry in 21st Century language, although we could split the difference and go quantum chemistry because I liked your whole reply and wanted to acknowledge it.

24 weeks ago

North West

"Isn't it amazing?

All of it.

Can it get any better?

Higgsactly!

Boson!

You know, I've just checked, and I'm a tad upset that no FF couple on here has called themselves "DoubleSlit" xx"

I'd imagine they'd get a lot of interference

By *J the bullMan
24 weeks ago

Washington

"Isn't it amazing?

All of it.

Can it get any better?

Higgsactly!

Boson!

You know, I've just checked, and I'm a tad upset that no FF couple on here has called themselves "DoubleSlit" xx

I'd imagine they'd get a lot of interference "

Waving at their particles duality

24 weeks ago

St Leonards

"Isn't it amazing?

All of it.

Can it get any better?

Higgsactly!

Boson!

Waving at their particles duality "

I'm done. You lot win

24 weeks ago

North West

"Isn't it amazing?

All of it.

Can it get any better?

Higgsactly!

Boson!

Waving at their particles duality

I'm done. You lot win "

Post new Message to Thread