Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Heat pumps

Jump to newest

By *lack Orchid 0204 OP   Man
24 weeks ago

Leeds

So I was talking to a boiler service guy today who said boiler manufacturers only make parts for gas boilers for 10 years after that if its a part they don't have in stock get a new boiler, my last one was about £1k

Does anyone know if heat pumps have a 10 year parts availability.. at close to 15k its crazy expensive

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
24 weeks ago

Not sure on how many years parts availabilty they offer, but I would avoid getting a heat pump until I really had to.

The amount of home owners that I've been to that own them, had nothing but complaints about them. I had the rare few that were really happy with them though, they were the lucky ones that their systems ran fault free.

I think there's so much technology inside them to try to make them as efficient as possible, and a lot of these components fail. A lot more going on with these systems than is a traditional boiler!

By *lack Orchid 0204 OP   Man
24 weeks ago

Leeds

"Not sure on how many years parts availabilty they offer, but I would avoid getting a heat pump until I really had to.

The amount of home owners that I've been to that own them, had nothing but complaints about them. I had the rare few that were really happy with them though, they were the lucky ones that their systems ran fault free.

I think there's so much technology inside them to try to make them as efficient as possible, and a lot of these components fail. A lot more going on with these systems than is a traditional boiler!"

The few people I know that have them are very disapoointed in their performance plus a larger footprinte than a gas boiler

If it is a 10 yr parts cycle gonna be a lot of very poor folk soon

By (user no longer on site)
24 weeks ago

They market them as being very efficient, but I done a course on them a few years ago and they said that they 'can be' as efficient as a gas boiler, with the price difference between electric vs gas.

I had 3 customers at the same period that all needed new compressors fitting, there was a 12 week lead time from the manufactuter in the middle of winter, so they went down the route of brand new outdoor units being fitted. In the mean time they had no heating and the domestic hot water was done by an expensive immersion heater.

I'm really not keen on them, if you can guess that by now. Haha

By *929Man
24 weeks ago

newcastle

I’d sooner get a boiler every 10 year that one of those piece of shit heat pumps

By *orny-DJMan
24 weeks ago

Leigh-on-Sea

Sounds about right. It's the same with the car industry

Post new Message to Thread