Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Mother Given Wrong Baby

Jump to newest

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
24 weeks ago

Chelmsford

A hospital in Dorset, once the centre of dinosaur activity in England, gave a young mother the wrong baby to take home. This was luckily spotted and rectified and the correct baby reunited with mum. But are there instances where this was not spotted. All babies pretty much look similar. Do any fabbers feel that they were a victim of this either as a parent or a baby. It's all over the news

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *os_GoddessofdawnWoman
24 weeks ago

In the clouds

Wish I was... my mother is a c**t!

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
24 weeks ago

Leeds

How different I am to the rest of the family, I’m sure my mother found me in a skip with a banana peel hanging out my mouth.

The mr

By *BootyfulDayWoman
24 weeks ago

It’s horrible isn’t it but I move heard of that happening and I imagine it’s happened a lot more than folk think

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

24 weeks ago

East Sussex

I think there was a case in the USA recently where it was only discovered years later and one family was trying to get the children exchanged and back with their biological families. You'd need the wisdom of Solomon to sort that out.

I used to have to put a teddy in the hospital cot because I couldn't recognise my own babies

By *ot to giggleWoman
24 weeks ago

Coventry

na couldnt miss mine - it was red faced and cross in the nursery - tried swapping it for a quieter one - didnt work.

Now nearly 18, so survived - would like now to swap for a cleaner, tidier model - any takers ???

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

24 weeks ago

East Sussex

"na couldnt miss mine - it was red faced and cross in the nursery - tried swapping it for a quieter one - didnt work.

Now nearly 18, so survived - would like now to swap for a cleaner, tidier model - any takers ??? "

I've done the teenage years, no thank you.

By *ot to giggleWoman
24 weeks ago

Coventry

"na couldnt miss mine - it was red faced and cross in the nursery - tried swapping it for a quieter one - didnt work.

Now nearly 18, so survived - would like now to swap for a cleaner, tidier model - any takers ???

I've done the teenage years, no thank you. "

pleaaaasssseeee ......... you have experience -

By *illy IdolMan
24 weeks ago

Midlands

I was reading about a midwife the other day who on her death bed admitted to swapping 1000s of babies

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

24 weeks ago

East Sussex

I've done the teenage years, no thank you.

pleaaaasssseeee ......... you have experience - "

Exactly why I'll pass on your kind offer .

There's hope they do turn in to lovely adults

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

24 weeks ago

East Sussex

"I was reading about a midwife the other day who on her death bed admitted to swapping 1000s of babies "

did she say why?

By *ORDERMANMan
24 weeks ago

wrexham

Reminds me of the anti Welsh Korean by Simon Evans....I'm Welsh but love the love the joke and if you can't laugh at yourself who can you laugh at...!

His dry approach makes the joke brilliant...probably for best result Google it...but here goes for written approach...

Three expectant fathers are pacing up and down outside the maternity ward, an englisn man a Welsh man and a pakistani...when the doctor comes out and says gentlemen I do apologise but I've got some good news and bad news..

First of all I'm pleased to say your all your wives have successfully given birth to a healthy son each..but unfortunately there's been a mix up and we don't know which baby is whose..

The english father goes in first, as his his right......(alphabetically..!!)

And comes out with what is evidently the Pakistani baby....when it's pointed out to him he's obviously picked the wrong baby he replies...one of those 2 in there is Welsh and I'm taking no chances...

By *ORDERMANMan
24 weeks ago

wrexham

Anti Welsh joke god knows where amti Welsh Korean came from

By *ot to giggleWoman
24 weeks ago

Coventry

"I was reading about a midwife the other day who on her death bed admitted to swapping 1000s of babies "

thats soooo bad.

there's lots of reports thought - there was a film - cant remember the name, but they found out when the children were older, such a trauma to the kid's then having grown up with the 'other' family. I think they all ended up like extended family. Once you start the nurture process then that must be so hard to break that bond, if you can.

Also reports of people finding out when they do a blood test for something and dont match the rest of the family.

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
24 weeks ago

Chelmsford

And the case of the deception by a woman who let her husband believe that two children were his for many years. Only when in their teens did a blood test reveal the truth

By *red333Man
24 weeks ago

Dorchester

"I was reading about a midwife the other day who on her death bed admitted to swapping 1000s of babies

thats soooo bad.

there's lots of reports thought - there was a film - cant remember the name, but they found out when the children were older, such a trauma to the kid's then having grown up with the 'other' family. I think they all ended up like extended family. Once you start the nurture process then that must be so hard to break that bond, if you can.

Also reports of people finding out when they do a blood test for something and dont match the rest of the family.

"

switched at birth maybe or the one with Angelina Jolie?

By *illy IdolMan
24 weeks ago

Midlands

"I was reading about a midwife the other day who on her death bed admitted to swapping 1000s of babies

did she say why?"

Apparently just fun

https://www.parents.com/news/dying-nurse-in-zambia-allegedly-claims-she-swapped-5000-babies-at-birth/

By (user no longer on site)
24 weeks ago

There are instances yeah. Remember in desperate housewives when Carlos and Gabrielle found out it happened to them. Hated that storyline.

By *nnCeeWoman
24 weeks ago

East of Eden, West of Hell

I think I would have been the ugliest baby in the ward, no losing me unfortunately. My mother said she was upset as I looked so much like my Dad's Mum. I guess I grew into my face a bit more as I aged. I was a fairly sweet-looking toddler.

And I look so much like my parents now, there's no doubting I'm not the wrong kid!

There are often episodes on various TV shows, you wonder whether or not it could happen, but I suppose we're all human, and mistakes can be made...

Post new Message to Thread