Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Neurodiversity

Jump to newest

By *VNVNV OP   Couple
24 weeks ago

London

Oi oi you sexy bastards!

So, I have a theory that the venn diagram between neurodiversity and people who love kink/ENM/etc is a circle.

Anyone wish to share any thoughts or insight on this?

I ask, in part, because "the dream" is a big lovely, shameless, sapio/neurodiverse sexytime orgy/jamboree, and I'm wondering if there are folk out there who get where I'm coming from or if I'm actually just as weird as it seems.

I'd really love a proper convo about this (especially from late diagnosed nd'ers) and even more if it lead to the creation of a gang of funny neuro-kinksters

X

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *naswingdressWoman
24 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

It's not a circle, but they correlate.

There are some very very neurovanilla people around here . In fact, vanilla is probably overstating it. Maybe neuour. (as opposed to neurospicy)

By *naswingdressWoman
24 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

"It's not a circle, but they correlate.

There are some very very neurovanilla people around here . In fact, vanilla is probably overstating it. Maybe neuour. (as opposed to neurospicy)"

Neuro-flour. hoisted by the emoji

By *ore_Please81Woman
24 weeks ago

Edinburgh

100% agree with this, also with the correlation with us creative types.

Our brains work in a wonderful way that allows more sexual understanding and definitely makes us more emotional intelligent x

By *ophieslutTV/TS
24 weeks ago

Central

It would be interesting to hear more about the theory

By *naswingdressWoman
24 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

"It would be interesting to hear more about the theory "

I've heard what I believe to be a related theory. Autistic people are more likely to be queer and/or gender non-conforming because we realise that the rules are made up and stupid, and there's no reason to make ourselves follow them. (Other than being shunned by society, but as that happens anyway, meh, might as well be you sexually)

By *eliWoman
24 weeks ago

I think there might be something to it OP. I've found a lot of fellow delightful ND sorts on here and I've quickly become firm friends with them.

It's far easier for me to relax, talk to and explore things with those who are neurospicy. Not sure why that is. Maybe ND people are so used to not fitting in they say fuck it and explore things anyway? Are more likely to chase certain things. I'm musing out loud.

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
24 weeks ago

Leeds

"It would be interesting to hear more about the theory

I've heard what I believe to be a related theory. Autistic people are more likely to be queer and/or gender non-conforming because we realise that the rules are made up and stupid, and there's no reason to make ourselves follow them. (Other than being shunned by society, but as that happens anyway, meh, might as well be you sexually)"

Now this makes sense, I can totally see this & kinda makes me think of how I think.

Mrs

By *eroLondonMan
24 weeks ago

Mayfair

"It's not a circle, but they correlate.

There are some very very nerovanilla people around here . In fact, vanilla is probably overstating it. Maybe neour. (as opposed to nerospicy)

Nero-flour. hoisted by the emoji"

Ahem, leave me out of this.

By *atnip make me purrWoman
24 weeks ago

Reading

I think there are lots of correlations. I think there are more nerds in this area and higher iqs.

By *he Flat CapsCouple
24 weeks ago

Pontypool

I helped to support an LGBTQ+ youth groups several years ago and there was a significant number of neurodiverse members. At the time there was a small study being conducted by a university - I forget which one - and the conclusions were that neurodiverse people were more likely to explore their sexuality and gender identity than neurotypical people. I don't know if any more research has been carried out - that would have been about 8 years ago now.

By *VNVNV OP   Couple
24 weeks ago

London

"It would be interesting to hear more about the theory

I've heard what I believe to be a related theory. Autistic people are more likely to be queer and/or gender non-conforming because we realise that the rules are made up and stupid, and there's no reason to make ourselves follow them. (Other than being shunned by society, but as that happens anyway, meh, might as well be you sexually)"

Really wish one could *like* a post on here.

Yeah this!

By *mber and FireCouple
24 weeks ago

Carmarthenshire

" I ask, in part, because "the dream" is a big lovely, shameless, sapio/neurodiverse sexytime orgy/jamboree..."

This absolutely is our dream. 'Kitchen table polyamory' is where we'd love to end up, and we both put it down to our ND. Myself particularly (Mr) has really struggled to relate and maintain relationships of any sort with NT folk.

I didn't realise how important kink was going to be when Lou took me to my first party when we first started dating. A whole other world that was something I could actually understand. Same with our first foray with poly. It made so many things click into place that even if we don't do anything with it, it feels like the pressure to conform has been taken off.

By *naswingdressWoman
24 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

" I ask, in part, because "the dream" is a big lovely, shameless, sapio/neurodiverse sexytime orgy/jamboree...

This absolutely is our dream. 'Kitchen table polyamory' is where we'd love to end up, and we both put it down to our ND. Myself particularly (Mr) has really struggled to relate and maintain relationships of any sort with NT folk.

I didn't realise how important kink was going to be when Lou took me to my first party when we first started dating. A whole other world that was something I could actually understand. Same with our first foray with poly. It made so many things click into place that even if we don't do anything with it, it feels like the pressure to conform has been taken off."

I feel this to my bones.

It makes the few people who try to impose some level of conformity stick out even more. But it also makes me more comfortable to tell them to piss off, because for once in their lives, they're not in a majority.

By *rsMistyPeaksWoman
24 weeks ago

Essex

I have thought this very same thing myself.

I’m ND & wonder often if this is why I am so much happier now I’ve accepted that I’m also Poly, queer, and a ginormous ho-bag (no offence intended)

By *VNVNV OP   Couple
24 weeks ago

London

[Removed by poster at 17/04/24 17:14:35]

By *VNVNV OP   Couple
24 weeks ago

London

"I think there might be something to it OP. I've found a lot of fellow delightful ND sorts on here and I've quickly become firm friends with them.

It's far easier for me to relax, talk to and explore things with those who are neurospicy. Not sure why that is. Maybe ND people are so used to not fitting in they say fuck it and explore things anyway? Are more likely to chase certain things. I'm musing out loud."

This is it one billionty percent. It's why I'm trying to find/hope to instigate the creation of a play group specifically for the neurodiverse: neuro-mantics if you will

By *exyEggsCouple
24 weeks ago

North East Scotland, mostly

I mean. Pretty much all of the things that have been said here are the contents of my own brain.

Hello

Mrs TMN x

By *VNVNV OP   Couple
24 weeks ago

London

" I ask, in part, because "the dream" is a big lovely, shameless, sapio/neurodiverse sexytime orgy/jamboree...

I didn't realise how important kink was going to be when Lou took me to my first party when we first started dating. A whole other world that was something I could actually understand. Same with our first foray with poly. It made so many things click into place that even if we don't do anything with it, it feels like the pressure to conform has been taken off.

I feel this to my bones.

It makes the few people who try to impose some level of conformity stick out even more. But it also makes me more comfortable to tell them to piss off, because for once in their lives, they're not in a majority."

"Let me be free of this traditional heteronormative power structure by... escaping into a heteronormative power structure of my own creation! Bwahahaha! You'll never catch me!"

*smoke bomb*

*old timey piano*

By *J the bullMan
24 weeks ago

Washington

The first therapist I had who helped me recognise my bi polar nature actually encouraged me to explore my kink as it allowed name to finally start to take control of my wildly fluctuating mind and emotions ..

By *VNVNV OP   Couple
24 weeks ago

London

"I mean. Pretty much all of the things that have been said here are the contents of my own brain.

Hello

Mrs TMN x"

An absolute pleasure

(sidenote: it's not often you can have a genuinely life affirming, hope giving conversation with people who rude bits you can then immediately gawp at.

I recommend this. I think they should try it up the UN.

"Get your knob out Vlad and stop being such a silly sausage. Joe's about to spit roast Jill with Michael Higgins and you're ruining the vibe."

By *ansoffateMan
24 weeks ago

Sagittarius A

You would not be the first person I have heard express the same theory.

I think it's in part perhaps, also related to a life experience of feeling at odds with convention.

By *ellhungvweMan
24 weeks ago

Cheltenham

I hate to piss on everyone’s party but I don’t believe that there is any meaningful correlation between neuro (insert condition of choice) and sexual preferences because you can find a dataset to back up almost any hypothesis when it comes to sex.

I can see why people on the forum would _like_ it to be true because it allows them to play into the zeitgeist of neuro diversity - “hey look at us we are swingers and therefore we must be right at the edge of that group!” but wishful thinking doesn’t make it fact.

By *wistntwirlCouple
24 weeks ago

Middle Land

Is this lots of people saying they all think the same way? Because...

By *imber wolfMan
24 weeks ago

Aycliffe

When I first started to look into autism for myself, several sources suggested neurodiverse people are more likely to be open to different sexual interests but not all or even most. So I very much doubt it’s a circle.

We’re certainly less likely to be bound be social “rules” that don’t make sense to us, so maybe just more visible than our neurotypical counterparts.

By *ouples_EroticaXXXCouple
24 weeks ago

manchester

Here is a box. Climb inside. Are you happier now?

By *naswingdressWoman
24 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Here is a box. Climb inside. Are you happier now?"

How to say you don't understand neurodiversity without saying you don't understand neurodiversity.

By *VNVNV OP   Couple
24 weeks ago

London

"I hate to piss on everyone’s party but I don’t believe that there is any meaningful correlation between neuro (insert condition of choice) and sexual preferences because you can find a dataset to back up almost any hypothesis when it comes to sex.

I can see why people on the forum would _like_ it to be true because it allows them to play into the zeitgeist of neuro diversity - “hey look at us we are swingers and therefore we must be right at the edge of that group!” but wishful thinking doesn’t make it fact."

Coming in pretty hot there, cowboy.

First- saying you don't believe something when "you can find a data set to say anything you want it to when it comes to sex" seems to (a) imply I'm about to publish a thesis, when in fact I'm trying to have a conversation to test the veracity of my thoughts and (b) is logically wonky as you suggest "there's no meaningful correlation" in a dataset that you then say is untrustworthy. In which case, it's tortology. Feel free to clarify.

OR feel free to have a lovely glass of cold lemonade and take a few deep breaths. You sound like you might need them.

24 weeks ago

manchester

"Here is a box. Climb inside. Are you happier now?

How to say you don't understand neurodiversity without saying you don't understand neurodiversity."

Both neurodivergent, labelling and boxing ourselves makes 0 difference.

By *naswingdressWoman
24 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

How to say you don't understand neurodiversity without saying you don't understand neurodiversity.

Both neurodivergent, labelling and boxing ourselves makes 0 difference. "

So everyone has to do it the way you do it because it works for you?

Sounds kinda neurotypical.

By *VNVNV OP   Couple
24 weeks ago

London

How to say you don't understand neurodiversity without saying you don't understand neurodiversity."

At the hospital

"Doctor... please... I've broken both legs..."

"Oh... you wanna be one of those "broken leg people" do you? That your whole identity now is it?"

*eye rolls and pats self on back*

24 weeks ago

manchester

At the hospital

"Oh... you wanna be one of those "broken leg people" do you? That your whole identity now is it?"

*eye rolls and pats self on back*"

To much irony in a single post to comprehend.

By *naswingdressWoman
24 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

At the hospital

*eye rolls and pats self on back*"

What do you mean you have nerve sensitivities due to your broken bones? Don't you want to walk and look normal? Just suck it up, you can't be weird. No one will like you if you don't copy what everyone else does.

By *rsMistyPeaksWoman
24 weeks ago

Essex

"I hate to piss on everyone’s party but I don’t believe that there is any meaningful correlation between neuro (insert condition of choice) and sexual preferences because you can find a dataset to back up almost any hypothesis when it comes to sex.

I can see why people on the forum would _like_ it to be true because it allows them to play into the zeitgeist of neuro diversity - “hey look at us we are swingers and therefore we must be right at the edge of that group!” but wishful thinking doesn’t make it fact."

You’re not actually saying people want to be or pretend to be ND because it’s trendy?

By *naswingdressWoman
24 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

I can see why people on the forum would _like_ it to be true because it allows them to play into the zeitgeist of neuro diversity - “hey look at us we are swingers and therefore we must be right at the edge of that group!” but wishful thinking doesn’t make it fact.

You’re not actually saying people want to be or pretend to be ND because it’s trendy? "

Some people do say that, and Jesus fuck, tell us you've never had any problems in your life without using those words. Yes, being made to feel worthless and unlovable and like I could never do anything right was great fun. I've played the long game here. All for TikTok!

By *VNVNV OP   Couple
24 weeks ago

London

You’re not actually saying people want to be or pretend to be ND because it’s trendy?

Some people do say that, and Jesus fuck, tell us you've never had any problems in your life without using those words. Yes, being made to feel worthless and unlovable and like I could never do anything right was great fun. I've played the long game here. All for TikTok! "

+1

By *ellhungvweMan
24 weeks ago

Cheltenham

Coming in pretty hot there, cowboy.

First- saying you don't believe something when "you can find a data set to say anything you want it to when it comes to sex" seems to (a) imply I'm about to publish a thesis, when in fact I'm trying to have a conversation to test the veracity of my thoughts and (b) is logically wonky as you suggest "there's no meaningful correlation" in a dataset that you then say is untrustworthy. In which case, it's tortology. Feel free to clarify.

OR feel free to have a lovely glass of cold lemonade and take a few deep breaths. You sound like you might need them.

"

lol - obviously touched a nerve there! I will leave the lemonade to you “cowboy” as you seem to need it

24 weeks ago

manchester

At the hospital

What do you mean you have nerve sensitivities due to your broken bones? Don't you want to walk and look normal? Just suck it up, you can't be weird. No one will like you if you don't copy what everyone else does."

The whole post is about having a gang of neurodivergent people hang out together, therefore boxing oneself into a gang.

You got antsy with your reply. What’s your diagnosed qualifying neurodivergent condition?

By *naswingdressWoman
24 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

At the hospital

What do you mean you have nerve sensitivities due to your broken bones? Don't you want to walk and look normal? Just suck it up, you can't be weird. No one will like you if you don't copy what everyone else does.

The whole post is about having a gang of neurodivergent people hang out together, therefore boxing oneself into a gang.

You got antsy with your reply. What’s your diagnosed qualifying neurodivergent condition?"

I was diagnosed with autism in 2019, after people first suspecting it out loud in 2001, and people making comments about developmental delay and other comments since my birth in late 1985.

Would you like to see my medical records too, including the complex post traumatic stress disorder it's left me with, while you're at it?

I thought it was a post about similarities between certain groups and have responded accordingly. If you don't like what's being posted, you don't have to shit on people who do.

24 weeks ago

manchester

At the hospital

You got antsy with your reply. What’s your diagnosed qualifying neurodivergent condition?

I was diagnosed with autism in 2019, after people first suspecting it out loud in 2001, and people making comments about developmental delay and other comments since my birth in late 1985.

Would you like to see my medical records too, including the complex post traumatic stress disorder it's left me with, while you're at it?

I thought it was a post about similarities between certain groups and have responded accordingly. If you don't like what's being posted, you don't have to shit on people who do."

You were the one trying to shit on someone.

By *naswingdressWoman
24 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

At the hospital

I thought it was a post about similarities between certain groups and have responded accordingly. If you don't like what's being posted, you don't have to shit on people who do.

You were the one trying to shit on someone. "

You opened with a claim about us wanting to get into boxes. If you don't want to be part of a group identifying in such a way, then good for you. Do you know what I do when I see threads I intersect with and I don't identify with? I don't comment.

Autism might be a box to you. To me, it's an alternative to worthless, broken, retarded, not worth a full state education, a wretch who should have been put down.

If it's all the same to you.

24 weeks ago

manchester

At the hospital

You opened with a claim about us wanting to get into boxes. If you don't want to be part of a group identifying in such a way, then good for you. Do you know what I do when I see threads I intersect with and I don't identify with? I don't comment.

Autism might be a box to you. To me, it's an alternative to worthless, broken, retarded, not worth a full state education, a wretch who should have been put down.

If it's all the same to you."

That was your interpretation of the reply. You didn’t have to respond to it, but chose to. You seem to have a lot of unprocessed anger. As another posted suggested to another pour yourself a nice cold glass of lemonade and breath.

By *wistntwirlCouple
24 weeks ago

Middle Land

The goal of creating a gang of funny neuro-kinksters may take a little time

Good luck OP

By *ellhungvweMan
24 weeks ago

Cheltenham

At the hospital

If it's all the same to you."

For what it is worth you are not the only one with a diagnosis like that. I personally don’t see it as meaning I am worthless or any of those other words. It is just a tool so that I know that when I misread a room and answer the question that was actually asked (how likely is neuro diversity and kink) rather than the thing that everyone else is talking about I don’t kick myself when everyone else gets upset.

By *naswingdressWoman
24 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

At the hospital

That was your interpretation of the reply. You didn’t have to respond to it, but chose to. You seem to have a lot of unprocessed anger. As another posted suggested to another pour yourself a nice cold glass of lemonade and breath."

Thank you for your delightful condescension. I'll treat it with the consideration it deserves.

By *naswingdressWoman
24 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

At the hospital

For what it is worth you are not the only one with a diagnosis like that. I personally don’t see it as meaning I am worthless or any of those other words. It is just a tool so that I know that when I misread a room and answer the question that was actually asked (how likely is neuro diversity and kink) rather than the thing that everyone else is talking about I don’t kick myself when everyone else gets upset."

OK. Good for you.

Isn't the first thing you learn when growing up like that is that not all suggestions work for all people?

God help me from neurodiverse people who want to shove me back into the shithole that is the "real world", on a thread about neurodiversity ffs.

By *ellhungvweMan
24 weeks ago

Cheltenham

"

For what it is worth you are not the only one with a diagnosis like that. I personally don’t see it as meaning I am worthless or any of those other words. It is just a tool so that I know that when I misread a room and answer the question that was actually asked (how likely is neuro diversity and kink) rather than the thing that everyone else is talking about I don’t kick myself when everyone else gets upset.

OK. Good for you.

Isn't the first thing you learn when growing up like that is that not all suggestions work for all people?

God help me from neurodiverse people who want to shove me back into the shithole that is the "real world", on a thread about neurodiversity ffs."

You are misreading what I am saying - for me my traits tend to manifest as being too literal and not having a filter. I will answer the question that is asked as I see it. With honesty. No amount of “learning as I grow up” can substantially change that.

You can see that in the forums because I don’t engage in the “banter” threads - I just don’t understand them. My brain doesn’t work that way.

I am not trying to “push” anyone anywhere - I am simply doing what I do because that’s the way I think. I answered the question that was asked.

I am sorry you have had a hard time. You might not believe it but I do understand where you are coming from and the trials and tribulations you have gone through.

By *naswingdressWoman
24 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

"

OK. Good for you.

God help me from neurodiverse people who want to shove me back into the shithole that is the "real world", on a thread about neurodiversity ffs.

You are misreading what I am saying - for me my traits tend to manifest as being too literal and not having a filter. I will answer the question that is asked as I see it. With honesty. No amount of “learning as I grow up” can substantially change that.

You can see that in the forums because I don’t engage in the “banter” threads - I just don’t understand them. My brain doesn’t work that way.

I am not trying to “push” anyone anywhere - I am simply doing what I do because that’s the way I think. I answered the question that was asked.

I am sorry you have had a hard time. You might not believe it but I do understand where you are coming from and the trials and tribulations you have gone through."

Thank you. I appreciate that.

By *rHotNottsMan
24 weeks ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I’m not sure why anyone would think this. Studies have been done on ND in much more important areas and show lack of career acceleration and massively if those ND are also minority due to diversity policy being ineffective at creating cohesion in organisations and focussing on numbers . This is my opinion is far more valuable insights

Follow the data not the fantasy

By *VNVNV OP   Couple
24 weeks ago

London

"The goal of creating a gang of funny neuro-kinksters may take a little time

Good luck OP "

I mean, imagine seeing half a dozen people say "I also feel a thing" and your first instinct being to shit on it?

By *naswingdressWoman
24 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

Good luck OP

I mean, imagine seeing half a dozen people say "I also feel a thing" and your first instinct being to shit on it?"

right?

By *lder.Woman
24 weeks ago

Not Local

I have read similair. The risk taking, dopamine chasing, obsession inducing, excitable kid in a sweet shop vibe.

By *naswingdressWoman
24 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I’m not sure why anyone would think this. Studies have been done on ND in much more important areas and show lack of career acceleration and massively if those ND are also minority due to diversity policy being ineffective at creating cohesion in organisations and focussing on numbers . This is my opinion is far more valuable insights

Follow the data not the fantasy "

Oh yes. Neurodivergent people aren't allowed to have fun until we reach parity with neurotypical people, which we can only do by denying our needs, sitting down, shutting up, and mimicking our clear betters.

Only neurotypicals can have sex *nods*

By *ellhungvweMan
24 weeks ago

Cheltenham

"

OK. Good for you.

I am sorry you have had a hard time. You might not believe it but I do understand where you are coming from and the trials and tribulations you have gone through.

Thank you. I appreciate that."

By (user no longer on site)
24 weeks ago

"Oi oi you sexy bastards!

So, I have a theory that the venn diagram between neurodiversity and people who love kink/ENM/etc is a circle.

Anyone wish to share any thoughts or insight on this?

I ask, in part, because "the dream" is a big lovely, shameless, sapio/neurodiverse sexytime orgy/jamboree, and I'm wondering if there are folk out there who get where I'm coming from or if I'm actually just as weird as it seems.

I'd really love a proper convo about this (especially from late diagnosed nd'ers) and even more if it lead to the creation of a gang of funny neuro-kinksters

X"

Not sure if this is actually a thing as myself and many other ND people I have encountered have actually been ‘vanilla’. But what I have noticed often is the commonality of hypersexuality, again not universal though

By *VNVNV OP   Couple
24 weeks ago

London

As in vanilla but hypersexual?

I want one partner and to bang them, endlessly, behind closed doors

Is it that? (I'm simplifying to see if I understand, not taking the mickey.)

By (user no longer on site)
24 weeks ago

"As in vanilla but hypersexual?

I want one partner and to bang them, endlessly, behind closed doors

Is it that? (I'm simplifying to see if I understand, not taking the mickey.)"

Maybe I mean high libido/ sex drive, it seems to be quote common in ND folk I find, especially ASD males. Anyway hope you build the ND kink group you want to, already had positive responses on here.

I am in burnout though having read all the thread through, oh the delights of ND squabbling amongst themselves Although my favourite popcorn munching show is watching two well educated Aspies with opposing political views debate

By *wistntwirlCouple
24 weeks ago

Middle Land

Good luck OP

I mean, imagine seeing half a dozen people say "I also feel a thing" and your first instinct being to shit on it?"

Imagine not seeing the humour in a collection of the neurodiverse all saying they think the same way.

Seems ironic in so many ways.

By *ellhungvweMan
24 weeks ago

Cheltenham

Good luck OP

I mean, imagine seeing half a dozen people say "I also feel a thing" and your first instinct being to shit on it?

Imagine not seeing the humour in a collection of the neurodiverse all saying they think the same way.

Seems ironic in so many ways."

Everyone think diversity is a great idea as long as it is the right kind of diversity

By *wistntwirlCouple
24 weeks ago

Middle Land

Good luck OP

Seems ironic in so many ways.

Everyone think diversity is a great idea as long as it is the right kind of diversity "

Yeah I see that

Post new Message to Thread