Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Profile photos

Jump to newest

By *inkyycurvyy OP   Woman
24 weeks ago

Manchester

When profiles have photos that look like stills taken from some 20 year old grainy cctv footage do you find it off putting?

We've had high quality phone cameras for years now, there's no excuses for such low res photos surely?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
24 weeks ago

TBF my phone camera is shite. What you get for breaking yet another phone on contract

By *ommander_StraxMan
24 weeks ago

Telford

We all have different phones, qualities and such. So I can’t really be upset at people for poor quality pics.

That said, I’ve seen some pics that were clearly taken back when Boy George was topping the charts. I’m talking huge TVs, perms and underwear that wouldn’t be out of place in the store room at Downton Abby!

Still, we can’t presume!

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
24 weeks ago

Leeds

Doesn't really put me off not the quality of image anyway - what's in the image may put me off.

Mrs

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
24 weeks ago

Carlisle usually

If I can't tell if I'm attracted to someone physically through their available photos I usually chuck them straight on the no thanks pile.

By *eyond PurityCouple
24 weeks ago

Lincolnshire

I think anything that detracts from who’s in the pic isn’t a good thing.

Unless it’s genitalia, then anything else in the pic is probably better.

Unless it’s a toilet

K

24 weeks ago

Low quality pics are aren’t very eye catching, but they wouldn’t immediately put me off if I was attracted to the people/person in the photo.

When they come with a little time stamp in the corner, dating back to 2008 and there’s no other pictures on their profile, that’s a no.

By *ulfilthmentMan
24 weeks ago

Just around the corner

I suppose we can’t all be David Bailey but a few extra pixels never hurts.

By *inkyycurvyy OP   Woman
24 weeks ago

Manchester

Yeah, actually, I think when the most recent photo was uploaded ten years ago that's a bigger red flag.

By *erry bull1Man
24 weeks ago

doncaster

My Kodak brownie still functions well and decent pic quality

24 weeks ago

"When profiles have photos that look like stills taken from some 20 year old grainy cctv footage do you find it off putting?

We've had high quality phone cameras for years now, there's no excuses for such low res photos surely?"

Have you seen how men take selfies?

By *eroLondonMan
24 weeks ago

Mayfair

No, I don't find it off-putting. People manage and curate their profiles to their own delight and discretion.

I tend to focus on the modernity of their profile text and see how it piques me (or not). In any case I do love 'vintage'.

By *ore_Please81Woman
24 weeks ago

Edinburgh

[Removed by poster at 17/04/24 17:05:40]

By *ore_Please81Woman
24 weeks ago

Edinburgh

"I think anything that detracts from who’s in the pic isn’t a good thing.

Unless it’s genitalia, then anything else in the pic is probably better.

Unless it’s a toilet

K"

Definitely don’t look at my pictures

By *eliWoman
24 weeks ago

"When profiles have photos that look like stills taken from some 20 year old grainy cctv footage do you find it off putting?

We've had high quality phone cameras for years now, there's no excuses for such low res photos surely?

Have you seen how men take selfies? "

Prey and I ambushed a man at the last social (I didn't recognise him because he was so much more attractive in real life) and gave him lots of advice on how to take better ones.

Consensually I should add.

24 weeks ago

Prey and I ambushed a man at the last social (I didn't recognise him because he was so much more attractive in real life) and gave him lots of advice on how to take better ones.

Consensually I should add."

It’s worse amongst certain demographics (age) too

24 weeks ago

We've had high quality phone cameras for years now, there's no excuses for such low res photos surely?"

Agree but fab has no rules sadly

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

24 weeks ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

Consensually I should add.

It’s worse amongst certain demographics (age) too "

And what age would that be pray tell.......

24 weeks ago

Specially profiles not photo verified sending photos.

24 weeks ago

"We all have different phones, qualities and such. So I can’t really be upset at people for poor quality pics.

That said, I’ve seen some pics that were clearly taken back when Boy George was topping the charts. I’m talking huge TVs, perms and underwear that wouldn’t be out of place in the store room at Downton Abby!

Still, we can’t presume! "

Downtown Abbey...splendid sir.I love big bloomers.

Post new Message to Thread