Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

I don’t care what you think about me….

Jump to newest

By *iddlesticks OP   Man
24 weeks ago

My nan’s spare room.

I don’t care what you think about me…….

Actually that’s not true, of course I care.

Is not caring about other’s opinions of us admirable and strong, or is it a sign of arrogance and lacking introspection.

I know that the answer is in the middle and dependant on the person voicing their opinion and the validity of that opinion.

Therefore I’ve answered my own question, please disregard, if however you do wish to voice your opinion on this or any other topic, please be my guest.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *eroLondonMan
24 weeks ago

Mayfair

Is this one of your:

"If you notice this NOTICE, you will notice that this NOTICE is not worth noticing"

type of threads?

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
24 weeks ago

Carlisle usually

I care what the people who matter to me think about me.

The rest of them are pretty irrelevant.

I had a reminder recently that people don't just not 'like' me (which is of course absolutrly fine and normal), but actively dislike me when I have done nothing to or against them or anyone they associate with. I'm not going to worry myself about the opinions of those people or I'm going to spiral on the conviction that I must be a terrible person, which I and the people who know me know that I am not

By *sWyldWoman
24 weeks ago

Edinburgh

I've spent far too many years worrying about what others may or may not think of me. Agonising to the point of missing out and believing I would only ever be a let down.

Now though, I feel that other people's opinions are only valid if I ask for them and if I value those they come from. I have no control over it, only my own feelings

Then I also remember that those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

By *iddlesticks OP   Man
24 weeks ago

My nan’s spare room.

"Is this one of your:

"If you notice this NOTICE, you will notice that this NOTICE is not worth noticing"

type of threads? "

I am guilty of that, but actually there is some discussion to be had.

By *iddlesticks OP   Man
24 weeks ago

My nan’s spare room.

"I care what the people who matter to me think about me.

The rest of them are pretty irrelevant.

I had a reminder recently that people don't just not 'like' me (which is of course absolutrly fine and normal), but actively dislike me when I have done nothing to or against them or anyone they associate with. I'm not going to worry myself about the opinions of those people or I'm going to spiral on the conviction that I must be a terrible person, which I and the people who know me know that I am not "

We are all different as they say.

By *eard and BoobsCouple
24 weeks ago

Portstewart

Fiddle your great and don't let people say anything to the contrary

By *iddlesticks OP   Man
24 weeks ago

My nan’s spare room.

"I've spent far too many years worrying about what others may or may not think of me. Agonising to the point of missing out and believing I would only ever be a let down.

Now though, I feel that other people's opinions are only valid if I ask for them and if I value those they come from. I have no control over it, only my own feelings

Then I also remember that those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

"

I like that bit at the end in particular.

By *iddlesticks OP   Man
24 weeks ago

My nan’s spare room.

"Fiddle your great and don't let people say anything to the contrary "

Most people don’t, although my bloody parents.

By *agatoXXXMan
24 weeks ago

A Place Where Time Runs Slow

I don't care if anyone here thinks negatively about me, because I am just a name on a screen, like them, and the don't really know me.

In the unlikely event of someone thinking/speaking positively about me, I'd simply question their sanity.

By *eroLondonMan
24 weeks ago

Mayfair

"Is this one of your:

type of threads?

·

I am guilty of that, but actually there is some discussion to be had. "

Absolutely! You enrich us dear chap.

By (user no longer on site)
24 weeks ago

People that don't know me, such as here. Could. Not. Care. Less.

I think people try so hard to be nice and the whole be kind crap just becomes insincere and bloody annoying.

People that I've spoken to and know me I think like me, I think, so I'm ok with that.

24 weeks ago

In my experience it’s the people who say they don’t care who care the most! Stands to reason that if you care enough to say that you don’t care, especially on a silly internet forum, then, ummmm…

24 weeks ago

"In my experience it’s the people who say they don’t care who care the most! Stands to reason that if you care enough to say that you don’t care, especially on a silly internet forum, then, ummmm… "

Errrrr....bollocks

By *iddlesticks OP   Man
24 weeks ago

My nan’s spare room.

"Is this one of your:

type of threads?

·

I am guilty of that, but actually there is some discussion to be had.

Absolutely! You enrich us dear chap. "

I get those gravy granules from Aldi for that, they’re great the chicken gravy has zero chicken ingredients.

By *ot to giggleWoman
24 weeks ago

Coventry

I like you Fiddle

i was reminded today that other people have their own agenda, if they actually cared as much as they say they do they would speak to you before blasting you to everyone else.

I try not to care what people thing about me too much, but it is hard, especially when there is a lot of other things going on at the same time and the focus of that persons words are squewed.

Yea i care what people think of me, but I try not to let it bother me too much, I am very good at shutting people off,

and god i have wibbled on again because this has been a wibbling kind of week !

By *ickyKlungespeareMan
24 weeks ago

St Leonards

Bananas are the instruments of Satan.

By *iddlesticks OP   Man
24 weeks ago

My nan’s spare room.

"I like you Fiddle

i was reminded today that other people have their own agenda, if they actually cared as much as they say they do they would speak to you before blasting you to everyone else.

I try not to care what people thing about me too much, but it is hard, especially when there is a lot of other things going on at the same time and the focus of that persons words are squewed.

Yea i care what people think of me, but I try not to let it bother me too much, I am very good at shutting people off,

and god i have wibbled on again because this has been a wibbling kind of week ! "

Well I hope the wibbling week quietens down.

By *eliWoman
24 weeks ago

I think that if people say they don't care, full stop, they're talking utter bollocks.

Of course people care, to varying degrees, dependent on their relationship, their self esteem levels, their mood on that particular day.

And there's nothing wrong with that. I care about how those I like view me. If they thought I was a throbber? Well I'd try and work out if I am actually being a giant throbber.

There's a middle ground to be found between being distraught if a random person doesn't like you to not giving a hoot as to what anyone thinks and "saying it like it is".

By *iddlesticks OP   Man
24 weeks ago

My nan’s spare room.

"Bananas are the instruments of Satan."

I disagree unless they’ve been stuffed up your bum.

Pork scratching however really are the devils toenails.

Tasty as they are.

By *weetiepie99Woman
24 weeks ago

cardiff

Here, on this site, absolutely not...and people's opinions on this thread already are quite ironic. Away from here, my real friends and family, yes i care a lot.

24 weeks ago

Sorry Fiddles, your thread isn’t silly

24 weeks ago

"In my experience it’s the people who say they don’t care who care the most! Stands to reason that if you care enough to say that you don’t care, especially on a silly internet forum, then, ummmm…

Errrrr....bollocks"

You can ask , but boobs first…

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

24 weeks ago

East Sussex

I've always cared what the people I love think about me and to an extent my employers as far as my work was concerned.

However I know that I really can't influence what other people feel about me. This doesn't mean I'll deliberately go out of my way to upset anyone or that I don't feel bad if I've done so unintentionally. It does mean that if someone doesn't like me I don't try to change their mind.

By *iddlesticks OP   Man
24 weeks ago

My nan’s spare room.

"Sorry Fiddles, your thread isn’t silly "

But it can be.

By *ot to giggleWoman
24 weeks ago

Coventry

"I think that if people say they don't care, full stop, they're talking utter bollocks.

Of course people care, to varying degrees, dependent on their relationship, their self esteem levels, their mood on that particular day.

And there's nothing wrong with that. I care about how those I like view me. If they thought I was a throbber? Well I'd try and work out if I am actually being a giant throbber.

There's a middle ground to be found between being distraught if a random person doesn't like you to not giving a hoot as to what anyone thinks and "saying it like it is"."

i find that i can be more inadvertently effected by the stranger hideous comments than than possibly someone I know, maybe because people I know are less likely to be hideous with their comments!

I find im more likely to chunter on about why did they say that, what made them say that, they dont know me where have they found that information .....

By *emorefridaCouple
24 weeks ago

La la land

Of course I care. If someone says something good or bad about me, it elicits some kind of reaction. I think it's more about how you react to that feeling that is important.

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
24 weeks ago

Leeds

People I know & are close with yes I care what they think.

Anyone else I couldn't give two hoots they are irrelevant to my life.

Mrs

By *ellhungvweMan
24 weeks ago

Cheltenham

Do I care about Fiddlesticks as a human to not intentionally cause him harm? Of course I do.

Do I care that if Fiddlesticks disagrees with me on something that it is going to irrevocably upset my life? Of course I don’t.

I care about Fiddlesticks and I don’t care about Fiddlesticks.

By *inister_SpinsterWoman
24 weeks ago

North West

"Do I care about Fiddlesticks as a human to not intentionally cause him harm? Of course I do.

Do I care that if Fiddlesticks disagrees with me on something that it is going to irrevocably upset my life? Of course I don’t.

I care about Fiddlesticks and I don’t care about Fiddlesticks. "

Schrodinger's Fiddlesticks?

By *inister_SpinsterWoman
24 weeks ago

North West

They don't have to like me and I don't have to care.

That's generally my stance FS x

By *ealitybitesMan
24 weeks ago

Belfast

Like others, I do care what people think of me but only those I actually know or more importantly those who know me.

I've always found that those who like to shout that they don't give a fuck what people think of them are usually the same people who don't give a fuck what they say to others regardless of the consequences.

The "I'm a cunt, deal with it!" attitude isn't one of confidence.

It actually comes from a place filled with insecurity where they have to be the loudest or the hardest one in the room and their greatest fear is not being seen.

By *educing_EmCouple
24 weeks ago

Tipperary

Honestly I probably care too much sometimes, I need to stop that .

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
24 weeks ago

Leeds

As my friends say “ you love the man, you have to learn to love the cunt “

I change for nobody ( well actually except for my mum and mrs, but that’s only because I have the most respect someone can give a person )

I’m not here to impress people, fuck life I’m here to entertain myself.

The mr

By *iddlesticks OP   Man
24 weeks ago

My nan’s spare room.

"Do I care about Fiddlesticks as a human to not intentionally cause him harm? Of course I do.

I care about Fiddlesticks and I don’t care about Fiddlesticks. "

That’s very well put, but it’s easy for you to say, you’re very well hung damn you.

By *iddlesticks OP   Man
24 weeks ago

My nan’s spare room.

I care about Fiddlesticks and I don’t care about Fiddlesticks.

Schrodinger's Fiddlesticks? "

Schrodinger’s?

Not at all, it’s a bit of a rash, it will be cleared up in a week or two.

By *red333Man
24 weeks ago

Dorchester

I care about people who care about me

By *uriousscouserWoman
24 weeks ago

Wirral

I like to be liked. It feels lovely when someone genuinely likes me.

I'd rather be disliked for who I am than liked for a facade I have to put up though.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
24 weeks ago

King's Crustacean

We are all social animals and like to be accepted into a group and adjust our behaviours accordingly ........

BUT as an individual I have values and boundaries and I will not lower them

e.g. sometimes the group or relationship will cause us to change and sometimes we see that the change would be unacceptable to us and we don't change.

So sometimes it matter to me and most times it doesn't

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

24 weeks ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

On here I care only to the extent that I'd be curious as to why someone made any kind assessment of me without really knowing me.

People I know well? Of course I care. We all do when it comes to friends, family and colleagues, even if we like to think sometimes that we don't.

By *parkle1974Woman
24 weeks ago

Leeds

I value the opinions of those who really know me....the opinions of randoms who more than likely I'll will never meet mean absolutely nothing x

By *ustBoWoman
24 weeks ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I care about what people think of me,if they are people I care about. Their opinion matters to me.

People I don't know then no I don't really care what they think of me. Maybe years ago when I was younger it would have mattered but as I have grown older I realise it really doesn't matter what random people think of me. I am not here to be a people pleaser or be nice to people to try and change their opinion of me. If they don't like me it's fine just leave me alone then. Makes life so much easier .

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
24 weeks ago

King's Crustacean

"On here I care only to the extent that I'd be curious as to why someone made any kind assessment of me without really knowing me.

People I know well? Of course I care. We all do when it comes to friends, family and colleagues, even if we like to think sometimes that we don't. "

Your first sentence is something that puzzled me for some time. I soon learned that it's 'their' problem and not mine.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

24 weeks ago

East Sussex

I think mostly people don't give me a second thought once I'm out of their line of sight. I'm really not important enough for them to think much about me at all.

By *rispyDuckMan
24 weeks ago

Chinese Takeaway near you

With loved one’s I care if they think I’m a good brother, son or friend.

At work I care if my work colleagues think I’m a valuable member of the team.

Outside these two areas it’s all about context

On fab I care that my meets think I’m a decent person, a good laugh & they feel safe and comfortable around me. On forums well haha let’s just say I don’t loose sleep over people’s opinions

By *ostindreamsMan
24 weeks ago

London

We live in a society. Of course everyone cares about what others think, albeit at a different scale. End of the day, everyone has non-negotiables, things they are willing to sacrifice for loved ones, things they are willing to sacrifice for different people who they don't even know. Depending on how important it is to them, they will adjust/not-adjust for the sake of others.

24 weeks ago

I mainly care what my loved ones think of me!.

But I’ve also learned that words do hurt ( a lot of people). To the extent that some have been in such a state over it.

I’ve seen first hand, so would I say anything horrible in any way? No.

I’ve learned it’s not worth biting back.

Mrs x

Post new Message to Thread