Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Smoking status

Jump to newest

By *H.couple OP   Couple
over a year ago

Edinburgh

a quick question, just out of interest:

MR has given up smoking cigarettes for 4 months now, but smokes an electronic cigarette.

Its not actually classed as smoking, its classed as vaping as there is no smoke just vapour. you dont get cigarette breath, smelly fingers/clothes etc. and theres no harm from second hand smoke as there isnt any.

would his smoking status on here be allowed to be a non smoker?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yes it would.

over a year ago

Non-smoker!

over a year ago

Tricia has been using an ecig for a few months and they are fantastic. No smells or odours at all. Plus saving a small fortune and so much more healthier. I would class her as a non smoker as I think the smoker label is to do with the whole smell and taste thing.

over a year ago

Still a smoker simples.

over a year ago

"Still a smoker simples. "

Hows that then?

over a year ago

Theres no smoke so its not smoking. Simples

over a year ago

"Still a smoker simples.

Hows that then? "

Because smoke or vapour comes out.

By *H.couple OP   Couple
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Tricia has been using an ecig for a few months and they are fantastic. No smells or odours at all. Plus saving a small fortune and so much more healthier. I would class her as a non smoker as I think the smoker label is to do with the whole smell and taste thing."

yeah we agree, £300 a month roughly, to £20 a month. never bad. and the whole smell and health thing is a huge bonus. possibly one of the best inventions this millenium lol

By *H.couple OP   Couple
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Still a smoker simples.

Hows that then?

Because smoke or vapour comes out."

exactly vapour, not smoke. so really im now a vapour not a smoker

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

"Still a smoker simples. "

Not at all. It's not harmful and is allowed to be used inside where smoking isn't.

Def non smoker! And well done x

By *H.couple OP   Couple
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Still a smoker simples.

Hows that then?

but this was what i was wanting to find out, i see you're a non smoker so was wondering what your thoughts would be on it. i reckon that smokers or ex smokers would generally hold the same opinion as me.

if there are any anti smokers out there that wouldnt meet smokers, would you meet a vaper?

over a year ago

"Still a smoker simples.

Hows that then?

Its legal to use efags in places that smoking is not allowed. Therefore it cant be smokinh.

over a year ago

Call it smoke or vapour only difference apart from the poison in normal cigs is lack of smell.

over a year ago

It contains nicotine yes. But still cant be called smoking. As theres no smoke. Is a nicotine patch or gum smoking?

over a year ago

"Still a smoker simples.

Hows that then?

but this was what i was wanting to find out, i see you're a non smoker so was wondering what your thoughts would be on it. i reckon that smokers or ex smokers would generally hold the same opinion as me.

if there are any anti smokers out there that wouldnt meet smokers, would you meet a vaper?"

Im not a smoker, dont like it. I wouldnt meet a smoker but then one of my meets with a guy I found out he was a smoker because he asked me if I would meet smokers, said no then he said he was one, but tbh I couldnt tell, he didnt smell of smoke, no yellow fingers etc, smelled lush actually. Anyway, digressing there, yes if it was electronic cig and no smoke then I guess yes non-smoker so yes I would

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

It ain't a patch on me cos I'm smokin' hot

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

"Still a smoker simples.

Hows that then?

if there are any anti smokers out there that wouldnt meet smokers, would you meet a vaper?"

I'm an ex smoker that doesn't like smoking at all. I'd not hesitate to meet someone using an e cig. My ex uses his in my house and I don't allow smoking in the house x

By *am123Man
over a year ago

essex chelmsford

"Call it smoke or vapour only difference apart from the poison in normal cigs is lack of smell."
its steam u obviously dont know about e cigs ur just trying to get a reaction

over a year ago

Smokers generally it seems although not all are in denial about it just because style and type changed they are still smokers.

over a year ago

Lol.... god some comments make me laugh!!

By *am123Man
over a year ago

essex chelmsford

"Smokers generally it seems although not all are in denial about it just because style and type changed they are still smokers."
i quit with an electric cig u can use them on planes clubs in public whatever and mine still sits on the mantel piece 3years on untouched am i still a smoker

over a year ago

I am a smoker. I roll my own. I light them there is smoke. Ecig is the same as a patch or gum. Its a nicotine replacement device. Hehe. There is no smoke so it cant be smoking. Seems perfectly simple to me. Smoking requires smoke. Surely.

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

"Smokers generally it seems although not all are in denial about it just because style and type changed they are still smokers."

I'm not a smoker so I don't have to defend anything and I know the difference between cigarettes and an e cig. Yes the user still ingests some nicotine (usually) but there is no danger to passive 'smokers'

By *scariMan
over a year ago

Taunton

Thought you weren't the serious type?

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)
over a year ago

birmingham

You forgot to add "Ex"

over a year ago

"Smokers generally it seems although not all are in denial about it just because style and type changed they are still smokers.

You forgot to add "Ex" "

Its ok for you to talk. You bought one and got one free!

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"I am a smoker. I roll my own"

Thank god for that, got any spare Rizlas please

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"a quick question, just out of interest:

MR has given up smoking cigarettes for 4 months now, but smokes an electronic cigarette.

Its not actually classed as smoking, its classed as vaping as there is no smoke just vapour. you dont get cigarette breath, smelly fingers/clothes etc. and theres no harm from second hand smoke as there isnt any.

would his smoking status on here be allowed to be a non smoker? "

In my books that makes a person a non smoker.

over a year ago

As a lifetime non smoker to me a person using an ECig is a non smoker too. Its the same as using a patch etc.

Good on you for giving up and good luck.

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

"Still a smoker simples.

Hows that then?

God are you negative on ALL your posts???

By *H.couple OP   Couple
over a year ago

Edinburgh

thanks to everyone sayong well done.

im not going to lie i was a heavy smoker (20-40 a day)and actually enjoyed it, even though i knew the financial, health and well being factors i still carried on. One of my friends showed me a website on ecigs and i thought why not give it a shot.

months later, i'm fitter and have more cash in my pocket and i'm still "smoking" but not harming anyone else or myself. There's thousands of different flavors and now it actually tastes good. im into strawberry milkshake at the moment.

my original post was to see if the non smokers seen it as still smoking or non smoking, i think if we're looking at someone that we may meet that "wont meet smokers" we will explain the situation and see what there thoughts are

over a year ago

I'm on the ecigs now...

Tried the patches..... But they're a bastard to light....

over a year ago

Paul loves his ecig ( his current flavour is watermelon ) he asked this question on here awhile ago and the consensus then was he's a smoker until such time as he gives up ( just shows how opinions change) but no smoke no horrible smell I'd class it as not smoking

over a year ago

Wen I gave up smoking 6 yrs ago. I wasn't actually legally classed as a non smoker for 12 mths after and had to have a pee test and mouth swab test for proof, but that was for life insurance payments which by the way went down from 40pm as a smoker to 8pm as a non smoker for the same life cover,,,,, good luck to him in the no smoking campaign

Post new Message to Thread