Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Feeling prioritised

Jump to newest

By *midnight- OP   Woman
24 weeks ago

How do you make a significant other /lover / fwb feel important or prioritised in your life??

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *illy IdolMan
24 weeks ago

Midlands

"How do you make a significant other /lover / fwb feel important or prioritised in your life?? "

You've literally just reminded me I haven't fed my dog yet

By *midnight- OP   Woman
24 weeks ago

"How do you make a significant other /lover / fwb feel important or prioritised in your life??

You've literally just reminded me I haven't fed my dog yet "

omg poor pooch!

By *cotsguyyMan
24 weeks ago

Belfast

Tell them/ attention

By (user no longer on site)
24 weeks ago

Make protected time for them. For us to talk. Meet up. To be intimate. Etc.

And spend time with them, away from distractions etc. being present. Communicating well. Communicating my feelings. Words of affirmation.

By *dam1971Man
24 weeks ago

Bedford

It depends on what makes them feel loved. No point turning up with a bunch of flowers if they just want to hear how good they are at their job.

By *ittlemissmistressKCouple
24 weeks ago

Southampton

"How do you make a significant other /lover / fwb feel important or prioritised in your life??

You've literally just reminded me I haven't fed my dog yet "

Tut tut !

By *andynecklaceWoman
24 weeks ago

West Brom

Attention and loyalty but it needs to be reciprocated

By *ymbunnyfitCouple
24 weeks ago

East Yorkshire

I give hubby blowjob followed by oil handjob every morning and we have sex each night. So he's always horny 24/7 for me xx

By *illy IdolMan
24 weeks ago

Midlands

Tut tut !"

All is now good

By *ittlemissmistressKCouple
24 weeks ago

Southampton

Tut tut !

All is now good "

Good to hear x

By *ea monkeyMan
24 weeks ago

Manchester (he/him)

"Make protected time for them. For us to talk. Meet up. To be intimate. Etc.

And spend time with them, away from distractions etc. being present. Communicating well. Communicating my feelings. Words of affirmation. "

Pretty much this. I also pay attention to their love languages and try to make sure that I’m showing them love in a way that resonates with them

By *illy IdolMan
24 weeks ago

Midlands

Tut tut !

All is now good

Good to hear x"

No, she's deaf bless her

By *BootyfulDayWoman
24 weeks ago

"It depends on what makes them feel loved. No point turning up with a bunch of flowers if they just want to hear how good they are at their job."

Aw yes I agree, everyone has different love languages so depending on what they appreciate would change the answer accordingly but this thread has reminded me I’ve not been focusing on others so it’s something I need to work on!

By *midnight- OP   Woman
24 weeks ago

"It depends on what makes them feel loved. No point turning up with a bunch of flowers if they just want to hear how good they are at their job."

Actually that is a very good point

24 weeks ago

And spend time with them, away from distractions etc. being present. Communicating well. Communicating my feelings. Words of affirmation.

Pretty much this. I also pay attention to their love languages and try to make sure that I’m showing them love in a way that resonates with them"

That’s true. Don’t drown your partner with words of affirmation if they want to be loved in a completely different way

By *iss.Bella.Woman
24 weeks ago

North Wales

And spend time with them, away from distractions etc. being present. Communicating well. Communicating my feelings. Words of affirmation. "

Spot on answer there young grasshopper

By *inky_couple2020Couple
24 weeks ago

North West

Mr KC? I notice when he's not okay. I reach out in the way he is okay with. I avoid overloading his senses when he's not okay. I massage the back of his head and his neck and smush my fingers around in his hair.

I show my pride in his achievements and support him in the things he enjoys and wants to do. I champion him whenever I can.

I tell our daughter what an absolutely splendid Dad she has.

Stuff like that.

I'd have to get to know someone else to know where their knobs and whistles are though.

By *agnar73Man
24 weeks ago

Glasgow

"It depends on what makes them feel loved. No point turning up with a bunch of flowers if they just want to hear how good they are at their job.

Aw yes I agree, everyone has different love languages so depending on what they appreciate would change the answer accordingly but this thread has reminded me I’ve not been focusing on others so it’s something I need to work on! "

That’s a point on knowing who you’re talking to

By *eliWoman
24 weeks ago

By learning them. That's the simplest way of explaining it.

I take the time, have the desire to find out what's important to them, what they would like or want from me. What things make them feel important, what they value. Those little things that makes someone smile or laugh in delight.

I think to be loved is to be known. To be seen. For who you are, shown that you are.

So yes, I learn a person like a favourite text pored over in to the early hours of the morning, each page more enjoyable than the last.

By *illy IdolMan
24 weeks ago

Midlands

"By learning them. That's the simplest way of explaining it.

I take the time, have the desire to find out what's important to them, what they would like or want from me. What things make them feel important, what they value. Those little things that makes someone smile or laugh in delight.

I think to be loved is to be known. To be seen. For who you are, shown that you are.

So yes, I learn a person like a favourite text pored over in to the early hours of the morning, each page more enjoyable than the last.

"

Ditto^^

This is wonderfully written, Meli

By *oeBeansMan
24 weeks ago

Derby

Tell them I love them after two messages

24 weeks ago

"

Yeah, what she said, it’s personal

By *oeBeansMan
24 weeks ago

Derby

"

Oh yeah, that too

By *ilthycoupleabzCouple
24 weeks ago

Aberdeen

Communication and words of affirmation are so damn sexy

MrsAbz

By *ophieslutTV/TS
24 weeks ago

Central

Ask them for their assessment criteria and then fulfil at least them and beyond

By *red333Man
24 weeks ago

Dorchester

"How do you make a significant other /lover / fwb feel important or prioritised in your life?? "
put a ring on it

By *esparate danMan
24 weeks ago

glasgow

"I give hubby blowjob followed by oil handjob every morning and we have sex each night. So he's always horny 24/7 for me xx"

How long has this been going on

By *andC1000Couple
24 weeks ago

Ashford

[Removed by poster at 16/04/24 21:52:58]

By *andC1000Couple
24 weeks ago

Ashford

MrsAbz"

Exactly this x

24 weeks ago

I don’t have a plan.

But if she is my significant other, ie, I’m emotionally attached to her, she’d know she was my priority. If she didn’t, I don’t think it’s meant to be, we’d just be friends, and they’d just know they were important without me having to state anything. If that all makes sense.

If Someone means a lot to me, I don’t need big gestures. it’s more of a feeling when they do, do something for me, or talk to me.

What about you midnight. How do you make someone feel special/important to you?

By *eroLondonMan
24 weeks ago

Mayfair

I ensure her vegan menu option is robust and sound. It improves my chances to bonk her afterwards.

By *agnar73Man
24 weeks ago

Glasgow

"

"

That’s a brilliant bit of writing by Meli. It’s worth thinking through what someone says and to take in, what they mean and who they are to you.

"

MrsAbz"

And time and communication are vital too. Not just the basic back and forth that we can settle on doing but communicating with meaning when it’s possible.

By *midnight- OP   Woman
24 weeks ago

I don’t have a plan.

But if she is my significant other, ie, I’m emotionally attached to her, she’d know she was my priority. If she didn’t, I don’t think it’s meant to be, we’d just be friends, and they’d just know they were important without me having to state anything. If that all makes sense.

If Someone means a lot to me, I don’t need big gestures. it’s more of a feeling when they do, do something for me, or talk to me.

What about you midnight. How do you make someone feel special/important to you?

"

Hmm...i try to ensure they know they are important to me, I'll send them something funny to let them know I'm thinking of them and make time for them in my schedule. I don't think I'm great at it - my mum would say I'm shit at prioritising her!

24 weeks ago

Not an issue I face and can't honestly remember.

By *obilebottomMan
24 weeks ago

All over

Giving them a little bite of your cake first, everytime.

By *ickyKlungespeareMan
24 weeks ago

St Leonards

I ask them to critique their emotions through the lens of the culture they have grown up in, the cultural norms they have since adopted, mix it in with economic materialist rationales, and then see what they come up with as a way forward for all humans to feel less vulnerable, more connected, and with greater care for their total environment - ALL humans being important here.

I'd make sure they critiqued 20th Century psychoanalysis/psychology and how most of its outputs support neoliberal ideologies, including lean-in feminism, and discuss the possibilities posthumanism offers beyond current cultural performatives for managing, and being present with, emotional needs and sadness.

I'd strongly advise them to read Marge Piercy's "Woman At The Edge Of Time". It's a 1970s feminist classic, and a great example of a woman in huge emotional and psychological distress, but having to break her own belief systems in order to get beyond her own limiting performatives, and the performatives of the existing culture and power structures surrounding her.

Add some Simone de Beauvoir - "The Sexond Sex" in particular.

Then I ask what they will do to turn any new insights into praxis.

Sometimes, if I have time, I'll just talk shit with them until they feel a bit better.

I talk shit quite well.

If I don't have time, then they won't be my priority other than a genuine emergency situation.

But if they work out what all the shit before that last sentence actually means, they'll also have worked out they don't need to feel like anyone's priority, other than a genuine emergency and crisis which happens on a very few occasions in a lifetime. And they are a real and genuine call for others to help.

If those crises happen more than that, the trauma underlying them is not one that attention or priority narratives can address, other than unhealthy dependencies. Which are quite common in humans.

If psychological distress is that present, it can't be assuaged with lovers/fwbs etc other than unhealthy co-dependency.

But if the needs are too deep and too present, it's not an fwb/lover axis that will help them.

We like to think it is.

But we are raised on Disney and fairy tales rather than critiques of power, so it's natural to think and want emotional distress to be an easier narrative to resolve than it actually is.

Sometimes, I just smile and make a knob-joke x.

By *ot to giggleWoman
24 weeks ago

Coventry

^^^^^ probably reading that Robo would make the feel better, .

The thought, the time to write it ... that or derail it completely.

As to the question raised, ive no idea ive not been important to another person for a decade

By *ickyKlungespeareMan
24 weeks ago

St Leonards

"^^^^^ probably reading that Robo would make the feel better, .

As to the question raised, ive no idea ive not been important to another person for a decade"

Exactly.

Wanna sniff my cheesy knob Giggles?

x

By *ot to giggleWoman
24 weeks ago

Coventry

As to the question raised, ive no idea ive not been important to another person for a decade

Exactly.

x"

Only if its cheddar, cant stand that blue vein stuff

By *red333Man
24 weeks ago

Dorchester

"I ask them to critique their emotions through the lens of the culture they have grown up in, the cultural norms they have since adopted, mix it in with economic materialist rationales, and then see what they come up with as a way forward for all humans to feel less vulnerable, more connected, and with greater care for their total environment - ALL humans being important here.

I'd make sure they critiqued 20th Century psychoanalysis/psychology and how most of its outputs support neoliberal ideologies, including lean-in feminism, and discuss the possibilities posthumanism offers beyond current cultural performatives for managing, and being present with, emotional needs and sadness.

I'd strongly advise them to read Marge Piercy's "Woman At The Edge Of Time". It's a 1970s feminist classic, and a great example of a woman in huge emotional and psychological distress, but having to break her own belief systems in order to get beyond her own limiting performatives, and the performatives of the existing culture and power structures surrounding her.

Add some Simone de Beauvoir - "The Sexond Sex" in particular.

Then I ask what they will do to turn any new insights into praxis.

Sometimes, if I have time, I'll just talk shit with them until they feel a bit better.

I talk shit quite well.

If I don't have time, then they won't be my priority other than a genuine emergency situation.

But if they work out what all the shit before that last sentence actually means, they'll also have worked out they don't need to feel like anyone's priority, other than a genuine emergency and crisis which happens on a very few occasions in a lifetime. And they are a real and genuine call for others to help.

If those crises happen more than that, the trauma underlying them is not one that attention or priority narratives can address, other than unhealthy dependencies. Which are quite common in humans.

If psychological distress is that present, it can't be assuaged with lovers/fwbs etc other than unhealthy co-dependency.

But if the needs are too deep and too present, it's not an fwb/lover axis that will help them.

We like to think it is.

But we are raised on Disney and fairy tales rather than critiques of power, so it's natural to think and want emotional distress to be an easier narrative to resolve than it actually is.

Sometimes, I just smile and make a knob-joke x."

this

By *ickyKlungespeareMan
24 weeks ago

St Leonards

Exactly.

x

Only if its cheddar, cant stand that blue vein stuff "

It's a cheddar called "Sussex Exclusion Zone".

Ever heard of it? x

By *ot to giggleWoman
24 weeks ago

Coventry

Exactly.

x

Ever heard of it? x"

Is it related to St Leonards exclusion zone ...

Does that mean i gotta work out where Sussex is now? You do know Coventry is in the middle

By *inAndTonic21Couple
24 weeks ago

Merseyside

Kisses hello; always be present when they are speaking and not distracted; making them a cuppa; trying to accommodate their needs as well as my own

By *ickyKlungespeareMan
24 weeks ago

St Leonards

Exactly.

x

Ever heard of it? x

Does that mean i gotta work out where Sussex is now? You do know Coventry is in the middle "

Strangely, when I am doing the sex thing, I often have maps appear in my mind. Full colour. I am aware of this place called Coventry of which you speak. Didn't Lady Godiva get her whaps out there too? xx

By *iddlesticksMan
24 weeks ago

My nan’s spare room.

I think giving them support when needed but autonomy with it.

For example if a lady has gone to lots of trouble and cooked me a lovely meal, I will let her know how lovely and tasty it was without mentioning my allergies.

Then I’d let her do all the washing up as I wouldn’t want her to feel I was taking over.

Whaaat?

By *ot to giggleWoman
24 weeks ago

Coventry

Exactly.

x

Ever heard of it? x

Does that mean i gotta work out where Sussex is now? You do know Coventry is in the middle

Strangely, when I am doing the sex thing, I often have maps appear in my mind. Full colour. I am aware of this place called Coventry of which you speak. Didn't Lady Godiva get her whaps out there too? xx"

Tit's out on a horse could make a day of it ... but peeping coukd send you blind!

You doing a 'sex thing' wouldn't that send you blind?

I might just forward you a prescription for the cheese!

By *ea monkeyMan
24 weeks ago

Manchester (he/him)

"

That’s a brilliant bit of writing by Meli. It’s worth thinking through what someone says and to take in, what they mean and who they are to you.

MrsAbz

And time and communication are vital too. Not just the basic back and forth that we can settle on doing but communicating with meaning when it’s possible."

I think that the phrase ‘communicate with meaning’ is a good one. Obviously the meaning of that can vary depending upon the person

By *agnar73Man
24 weeks ago

Glasgow

"

MrsAbz

And time and communication are vital too. Not just the basic back and forth that we can settle on doing but communicating with meaning when it’s possible.

I think that the phrase ‘communicate with meaning’ is a good one. Obviously the meaning of that can vary depending upon the person "

It doesn’t have to be much but right for between the two instead of generic or expected

By *ansoffateMan
24 weeks ago

Sagittarius A

I listen to them and welcome open conversation about our needs and desires.

I have this outrageous theory that in order to feel prioritised or loved, first you need to feel understood and that's kind of hard to achieve without being open with each other.

Then of course the actions need to be consistent with the words.

And then the real test is if I am being true to myself in that dynamic. Is it a shared mutual desire or is it reciprocity?

I mean what's the point in right actions and words, if they're not authentic?

24 weeks ago

Spot on answer there young grasshopper "

I’m an old soul

24 weeks ago

MrsAbz"

If you think that’s sexy you should meet me fr

By *imi_RougeWoman
24 weeks ago

Portsmouth

Consistency, regular check ins, ask about how they are and un fab related things. Remember what they've already told you and take an interest in their lives

Post new Message to Thread