little house on the praire

Cats protection

Holocaust memorial Gardens.

Because they are close to my heart. Used to support more but had to cut dowm

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ellhungvweMan
24 weeks ago

Cheltenham

RNLI and several mountain rescue groups - because they have saved my life and/or those of friends over the years.

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

24 weeks ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

Several.

Because they're relevant to me or causes I believe in.

I don't make regular contributions, just bits and bobs as and when I can.

By *ookie46Woman
24 weeks ago

Deepest darkest Peru

I work for a charity and support a few that are personal to me

Supporting a charity doesn’t always mean a monetary value. One of the biggest ways to support is by giving your time and volunteer for them especially small charities who don’t have a huge work team behind the scenes

Another great way is by spreading the news, networking and share their social media pages. Let others see what they do and how they maybe able to help

By *naswingdressWoman
24 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

Several. Disability and equity stuff, ageing with dignity, RNLI.

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
24 weeks ago

BRIDPORT

Yes, I do, because I consider it a worthy recipient.

By *atnip make me purrWoman
24 weeks ago

Reading

Alzeheimers such a horrible disease.

By *ablo minibar123Woman
24 weeks ago

A local trans support charity, as they save lives and give support to people when they feel that they have no one to turn to who understands them.

By *mber SkiesWoman
24 weeks ago

Cardiff-ish

Cat protection because every cat deserves a good chance in life & I just absolutely love cats

By *ana2000Woman
24 weeks ago

Stonehenge

I support the Dogs Trust and Guide Dogs for the Blind.

My local Air Ambulance.

Cancer research for obvious reasons.

By *uzie69xTV/TS
24 weeks ago

Maidstone

I use charity shops a lot, both by giving items to, and buying from. So I support all the High Street Charity shops essentially.

A related but not directly answering the OP's question, I was asked to do a piece of research by a local CVS organisation on how different charities fare in times of recession...

Human / Disease charities are most protected. So Cancer Research, McMillan, NSPCC etc.

Animals fare next, Dogs Trust, PDSA etc.

Environment / Historic Charities are the most vulnerable in hard times.

By *ostindreamsMan
24 weeks ago

London

I support some orphanages. I believe children without parents are the most vulnerable humans.

By *anJenny 181Couple
24 weeks ago

Preston

Sorry to be negative but charity for me is a failure of the system & the modern day charity's are very competitive at getting what little money is left to go around.

Also I am not happy at giving CEO's and senior managers big wages and often wonder if I am just keeping them in luxury and only a small amount of my money is going to the end user.

By (user no longer on site)
24 weeks ago

My local hospice. Because my mum died there. And it deserves a lot of support for what they do

By *ichaelsmyMan
24 weeks ago

douglas

several charities

hospice

rnli

military charities

By (user no longer on site)
24 weeks ago

"Sorry to be negative but charity for me is a failure of the system & the modern day charity's are very competitive at getting what little money is left to go around.

Also I am not happy at giving CEO's and senior managers big wages and often wonder if I am just keeping them in luxury and only a small amount of my money is going to the end user.

"

Ad a CEO of a non profit I can assure you I am not paid a big salary, less than a quarter than equivalent in business world. I also don't live in luxury.

Without myself and my team doing our jobs well the charity would bring in tiny amounts of income, fall foul of fundraising regulations, not comply with financial auditors, GDPR and all the other laws and regulations

But most importantly we wouldn't raise millions to help our beneficiaries.

I have always worked for charity, and support charities as well.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

24 weeks ago

East Sussex

Yes I do because I want to

By *unchy2016Man
24 weeks ago

Castle Donnington

Well I'm helping a charity called forever stars it helps with parents that lose a baby, either miscarriage or still born etc, new parents don't have to go back onto the ward with new babies they can go somewhere a bit more private an greive etc. I'm walking 96 miles end of April trying to raise £500 but only had 2 donation would love more tbh.

If people do wanna help big if ha! Then DM me I'll send the justgiving link for it

By *each_PittWoman
24 weeks ago

Belfast

I don't generally but will very occasionally give to a local cause I feel is worthy.

I actually found out today that someone has made a sizeable donation in my name to the NI hospice as a birthday gift and I'm not thrilled

By *odevilWoman
24 weeks ago

exeter

I donate regularly to 2 or 3 charities at a time. I tend to switch them up every year because I simply don't have enough to give to all the charities I'd like to give to.

One is always an animal charity (not always the same animal charity, but one of my charities is always an animal protection one) because animals are brilliant and never deserve the bullshit humans inflict upon them.

The other/s just depend on what feels particularly significant to me at the time.

I also do a big food shop to donate to the food bank several times a year - even though it makes me raving mad that such a thing is necessary in one of the riches countries in the world.

"If you find yourself more fortunate than others, build a bigger table, not higher walls."

Or something to that effect.

By *ensible lady 1960Woman
24 weeks ago

Near Bishop Auckland.

Barnardo's charity to help underprivileged children.

By *unsexual MemelordWoman
24 weeks ago

Midlothian

Three different animal ones, one that helps homeless addicts, one that supports torture victim refugees, and one fighting child genital mutilation. I randomly give to relief organisations when there's a crisis, like UNICEF or the red cross, and any queer support campaigns that cross my path. I give way more than I can afford to, but it does my heart good in this shitty world.

By *ot to giggleWoman
24 weeks ago

Coventry

Ooh glad thus has come up.

We got another fund raising charity event in September, last time we chose the food bank as the beneficiary as felt it was a nationwide organisation where it woukd be best received.

Looking for next charity that would benefit. Happy to take pm.

Ta

By *arkus1812Man
24 weeks ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

I support my local Air Ambulance.

One day I may need them

By *onameyet2Man
24 weeks ago

chorley

The charity commission needs to grow a pair and remove charitable status from religious organisations, the millions in tax relief and gift aid should be diverted to real charities not funding child abuse, terrorism and general lunacy, makes my blood boil

By *ealMissShadyWoman
24 weeks ago

St Albans/ Welsh Borders

I sponsor a puppy in training to be a hearing dog for the deaf

NSPCC

Donkey Sanctuary

By *ostindreamsMan
24 weeks ago

London

"Sorry to be negative but charity for me is a failure of the system & the modern day charity's are very competitive at getting what little money is left to go around.

"

I typically donate to smaller orphaages. Not a big fan of huge organisations like Amnesty international or the likes. Pretty sure some of them are doing great work. But I have a much clearer picture of how my money is used when I donate to smaller ones.

By *anJenny 181Couple
24 weeks ago

Preston

The CEO of Barnardo's earns

£180 Thousand pounds as an example, I picked on this charity as someone mentioned it but could be any of the big charity's.

£180 Thousand pounds a year and that simply for the CEO

Post new Message to Thread