Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Lonely Saturdays

Jump to newest

By *rin258 OP   Woman
25 weeks ago

Kent

Woke up this morning, and it suddenly dawned on me, I hate Saturdays. As a singleton, it’s the one day everyone is busy with their lives with the people that are important to them. I don’t hear from a single person, made me realise how lonely Saturdays are, knowing you’re not anyones go to. Only time you do things on a Saturday are if you initiate it. I’m probably being over emotional (time of the month haha) but does anyone else feel like this?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ayRyuMan
25 weeks ago

Harrogate

Well at least you're getting a reply here

By *oiluvfunMan
25 weeks ago

Penrith

I’m sending you a virtual hug OP

By (user no longer on site)
25 weeks ago

I do at times so like to.keep myself busy, gym, yoga class, swim or walk .... it takes the mind off it. And then I enjoy my alone time

By *astNoShadowMan
25 weeks ago

Malvern

Yes, absolutely identify with this, goes for Sundays too.

By *issYeuxBleusWoman
25 weeks ago

My boudoir - S Wales

OP I was laying in bed this morning thinking the exact same thing. It’s not a nice feeling.

By *rin258 OP   Woman
25 weeks ago

Kent

"I’m sending you a virtual hug OP "

Thank you

By *ife NinjaMan
25 weeks ago

Dunfermline

I have my son at the weekends, which really helps, otherwise I'd be crawling the walls

By *rin258 OP   Woman
25 weeks ago

Kent

"I do at times so like to.keep myself busy, gym, yoga class, swim or walk .... it takes the mind off it. And then I enjoy my alone time"

Generally I find things to do, but it would be nice for someone to initiate something sometimes.

By *rin258 OP   Woman
25 weeks ago

Kent

"Yes, absolutely identify with this, goes for Sundays too. "

It’s hard

By *rin258 OP   Woman
25 weeks ago

Kent

"OP I was laying in bed this morning thinking the exact same thing. It’s not a nice feeling.

"

Maybe it’s something in the air! Never really thought about it before, but today it hit me. Still laying in bed now, wallowing lol

25 weeks ago

All the time. It's perfectly 'normal' for me not a speak to a living soul on any weekend. Ho hum ...

By *rin258 OP   Woman
25 weeks ago

Kent

"I have my son at the weekends, which really helps, otherwise I'd be crawling the walls "

My kids are home but moody teenagers, don’t like coming out their rooms unless there’s a supply of food on offer or they are going out with their friends. I miss the days they were younger and wanted to actually interact.

By *sWyldWoman
25 weeks ago

Edinburgh

I feel this way a lot

25 weeks ago

"….,, I’m probably being over emotional (time of the month haha) but does anyone else feel like this? "

Maybe overly sensitive, but that’s just your feelings.

I feel like that every day. If someone knows the answer how not to, maybe they can post here.

By *avexxMan
25 weeks ago

cheshire

i enjoy saturdays tbh, but sending you hugs op

By *ools and the brainCouple
25 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

Well to get really deep,we are a long time dead and this life is very brief, whilst occasionally it doesn't hurt to feel sorry for yourself, we all do it.

However life is what you want it to be there's many many ways to fill empty time just getting out in the countryside enjoying nature definitely has a way of making you feel part of something bigger.

So maybe plan a weekend walk every weekend to get into the habit of doing something.

Good luck x

By *ellinever70Woman
25 weeks ago

Ayrshire

Try to make your peace with it and find ways to do things alone that please you (making nice food is my go to)

By *hePerkyPumpkinTV/TS
25 weeks ago

Bristol

Everyday is like that for me.

You get used to it.

By *lder.Woman
25 weeks ago

Not Local

I think Im still at the enjoying the peace phase of it, mostly. No pressures or expectations. When it is a nice day and Im feeling adventurous, it would be nice to have someone whisk me off somewhere though and say we are doing 'this', without me having had to organise and think about it all.

By *hrek101Man
25 weeks ago

Herts

I can relate op. I had a wobble yesterday which is rare. Long call with my best friend and we talked till we fell asleep. As long as I'm occupied I'm ok.

Post new Message to Thread