Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Lyme Disease on the Increase

Jump to newest

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
25 weeks ago

Chelmsford

Reports that mild winters are causing an upsurge in ticks which can cause Lyme's Disease if they bite humans. Figures up 40% last summer. Tom always wears long boots with socks tucked in to keep the buggers out. Be careful out there. It's all over the news.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ermite12ukMan
25 weeks ago

Solihull and Brentwood

"Tom always wears long boots with socks tucked in to keep the buggers out. Be careful out there. It's all over the news."

Nothing to do with sheeps then Tom?

"Reports that mild winters are causing an upsurge in ticks which can cause Lyme's Disease if they bite humans. Figures up 40% last summer."

I will be sure to be looking out for them. Thankyou for the warning.

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
25 weeks ago

BRIDPORT

You can only catch it if you are bitten whilst walking around Lyme Regis

By (user no longer on site)
25 weeks ago

Well this adds an extra risk dynamic to dogging, thanks Tom.

By *ts the taking part thatMan
25 weeks ago

southampton

Shocking how many people buy a can of pop etc & just put their mouth to it without cleaning the can first, Rats climb about in storage areas peeing as they go.

By *hriscooperMan
25 weeks ago

Warrington

I have to remove one the other day... Little shit had got under my watch strap.

By *hriscooperMan
25 weeks ago

Warrington

"Reports that mild winters are causing an upsurge in ticks which can cause Lyme's Disease if they bite humans. Figures up 40% last summer. Tom always wears long boots with socks tucked in to keep the buggers out. Be careful out there. It's all over the news."

Lymes isn't the only thing they carry. Encephalitis is massively on the rise too!

All that said, I'm always up some flipping mountain or other and as long as you realise that if you see signs of sheep or deer that you always stick to any paths, you should be OK.

I was hiking on a trail admiring all the deer running around.. So I knew to check myself as brushing against branches etc was inevitable..

Be mindful but don't let it spoil you getting our amongst the fresh air.. I've pulled dozens out and I've only got I'll once.. That one must've been on the Tennants the night before. Haha

By *escourtesMan
25 weeks ago

hereford

Remember to check your trousers and dog when you return, as if theyre carried into your house they can still get you.

By *umalotagainMan
25 weeks ago

a town called malice

"Shocking how many people buy a can of pop etc & just put their mouth to it without cleaning the can first, Rats climb about in storage areas peeing as they go. "

That’s Weil’s disease

Lyme disease comes from tick bites

By *ts the taking part thatMan
25 weeks ago

southampton

"Shocking how many people buy a can of pop etc & just put their mouth to it without cleaning the can first, Rats climb about in storage areas peeing as they go.

That’s Weil’s disease

Lyme disease comes from tick bites "

Doh!

By *allySlinkyWoman
25 weeks ago

Leeds

"I have to remove one the other day... Little shit had got under my watch strap. "

A rat ?

By *orksRockerMan
25 weeks ago

Bradford

"Reports that mild winters are causing an upsurge in ticks which can cause Lyme's Disease if they bite humans. Figures up 40% last summer. Tom always wears long boots with socks tucked in to keep the buggers out. Be careful out there. It's all over the news."

Is this the same source as those strawberries that were, according to you, medically described as 'dodgy'?

By *lack Orchid 0204Man
25 weeks ago

Leeds

I'll carry on doing what I enjoy

Nothing new in ticks/insects carrying disease and transmitting to others

By *hriscooperMan
25 weeks ago

Warrington

"I have to remove one the other day... Little shit had got under my watch strap.

A rat ?"

Haha.. A tick..

By *isurreyguy2019Man
25 weeks ago

surrey

"Reports that mild winters are causing an upsurge in ticks which can cause Lyme's Disease if they bite humans. Figures up 40% last summer. Tom always wears long boots with socks tucked in to keep the buggers out. Be careful out there. It's all over the news.

Is this the same source as those strawberries that were, according to you, medically described as 'dodgy'? "

If it was the same source where tom learned and warned all of us that a global pandemic was about to hit then it's a pretty good source. Tom knows things,and when tom speaks we should listen and heed any warnings tom foretells

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
25 weeks ago

Chelmsford

"Reports that mild winters are causing an upsurge in ticks which can cause Lyme's Disease if they bite humans. Figures up 40% last summer. Tom always wears long boots with socks tucked in to keep the buggers out. Be careful out there. It's all over the news.

Is this the same source as those strawberries that were, according to you, medically described as 'dodgy'?

If it was the same source where tom learned and warned all of us that a global pandemic was about to hit then it's a pretty good source. Tom knows things,and when tom speaks we should listen and heed any warnings tom foretells "

Thank you Sir..

Tom saw the signs and predicted the outcome and was pilloried for it. Wake Up Peoples !

25 weeks ago

Just keep an eye out for a Bullseye Rash, I know I've had Lyme Disease

By *ot to giggleWoman
25 weeks ago

Coventry

Is this the same source as those strawberries that were, according to you, medically described as 'dodgy'? "

'dodgy' strawberries? how dodgy

By *orksRockerMan
25 weeks ago

Bradford

If it was the same source where tom learned and warned all of us that a global pandemic was about to hit then it's a pretty good source. Tom knows things,and when tom speaks we should listen and heed any warnings tom foretells "

Some people on here REALLY do make me wonder if they're drinking at the same time as posting

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
25 weeks ago

Chelmsford

'dodgy' strawberries? how dodgy"

Very dodgey

25 weeks ago

If it was the same source where tom learned and warned all of us that a global pandemic was about to hit then it's a pretty good source. Tom knows things,and when tom speaks we should listen and heed any warnings tom foretells

Some people on here REALLY do make me wonder if they're drinking at the same time as posting "

Or on something

25 weeks ago

Salmonella from eating Salmon

Ticks I do those at work

Ants bite

Bees sting

Best stay indoors in a swinging suit

By *ripfillMan
25 weeks ago

havant

Intersting post - lymes is a a growing issue as more deer are around less being culled

The target as one fabber describes in an earlier post is v significant

If you suspect you have been bitten and you can not find the tick

Draw around the bite in pen to see if in few hrs it expands beyond the pen circle line if it does definitely seek help

It’s debilitating and v dangerous

Tom is right - take care

If you are a smoker to remove a tick snd endure its claws come out of you skin you can use a glowing fag end on its back - but beware for obvious reasons lol

You can use Vaseline on the outside of body of the tick this prevents it from breathing

Or use a animal tick claw remover

Nature kills … ( not really- but like fab enjoy, take care, and seek pleasure )

By *ister_EMan
24 weeks ago

Hayling Island

Got bitten by a Tick with Lyme Disease in Scotland Two years ago. Luckily I recognised the bullseye rash early and began treatment within days. By the time blood tests confirmed the diagnosis I had already a double course of Doxycyline and avoided long term illness.

Definitely not something to take lightly as it can become quite serious and debilitating if not treated early.

Wear repellent, tuck your trousers, and check your body every night!

By *hriscooperMan
24 weeks ago

Warrington

"Just keep an eye out for a Bullseye Rash, I know I've had Lyme Disease "

Doesn't always appear.. I've ever had that rash and be been bitten lots of times but only got ill once.

If you start to have cold like symptoms without the runny nose up to 6 to 8 weeks after being outdoors , get to the doc.. Then let the doctor say. Better safe than sorry.

By *isurreyguy2019Man
24 weeks ago

surrey

Some people on here REALLY do make me wonder if they're drinking at the same time as posting "

If you didn't know,Tom was the first person on fab to enlighten everyone about a global pandemic and lockdowns,and many people just thought he was talking mindless bollocks,but then the pandemic hit. You were doubting what he was saying about strawberries,but if you had taken the time to investigate what forever chemicals (PFAS) actually are,where they have been discovered and what they can do to humans and animals over time you would also conclude that they are indeed 'medically dodgy' and could pose a serious threat to humanity in the future. As i said,we should heed any warnings tom foretells,even if it does sound like mindless bollocks.

By *batMan
24 weeks ago

Alicante, Spain. (Sometimes in Wales)

"As i said,we should heed any warnings tom foretells …..."

NostroTomus?

Gbat

By *ophieslutTV/TS
24 weeks ago

Central

Some people on here REALLY do make me wonder if they're drinking at the same time as posting

If you didn't know,Tom was the first person on fab to enlighten everyone about a global pandemic and lockdowns,and many people just thought he was talking mindless bollocks,but then the pandemic hit. You were doubting what he was saying about strawberries,but if you had taken the time to investigate what forever chemicals (PFAS) actually are,where they have been discovered and what they can do to humans and animals over time you would also conclude that they are indeed 'medically dodgy' and could pose a serious threat to humanity in the future. As i said,we should heed any warnings tom foretells,even if it does sound like mindless bollocks."

I've cancelled all of my news subscriptions and no longer need to learn about any places that I don't know about, since Tom's reliable rolling news coverage. A godsend

Post new Message to Thread