Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Responding to messages

Jump to newest

By *anpat OP   Man
25 weeks ago

ilford

Hey all, just wanted to know your opinions as I am sure it’s not only me that this is happening with.

People message me, like some of my pics, see my profile. I see their profile and like their pics. All seems good so far right now here is the kicker

They message me and I can’t respond, then after a while they message me again a few times still I can’t respond then some of them start insulting you because you don’t respond.

How are you meant to respond to someone who has set age restriction to max 45 or no male due to them putting that restriction themselves Fab doesn’t allow you to message them or respond. So the question is how do you communicate that to them as clearly they don’t understand that concept. How have you dealt with situations like that.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *J the bullMan
25 weeks ago

Washington

"Hey all, just wanted to know your opinions as I am sure it’s not only me that this is happening with.

People message me, like some of my pics, see my profile. I see their profile and like their pics. All seems good so far right now here is the kicker

They message me and I can’t respond, then after a while they message me again a few times still I can’t respond then some of them start insulting you because you don’t respond.

How are you meant to respond to someone who has set age restriction to max 45 or no male due to them putting that restriction themselves Fab doesn’t allow you to message them or respond. So the question is how do you communicate that to them as clearly they don’t understand that concept. How have you dealt with situations like that."

I don't understand because if they message you you should be able to reply whatever their filters are?

By *anpat OP   Man
25 weeks ago

ilford

I have tried but it just comes up with I can’t message this person and it’s due to their settings

By *ealArtfulDodgerMan
25 weeks ago

Newcastle

"Hey all, just wanted to know your opinions as I am sure it’s not only me that this is happening with.

How are you meant to respond to someone who has set age restriction to max 45 or no male due to them putting that restriction themselves Fab doesn’t allow you to message them or respond. So the question is how do you communicate that to them as clearly they don’t understand that concept. How have you dealt with situations like that."

That's Fab & it's piss poor web development in a nutshell for you tbf.. The design & technology of this site is ZX Spectrum - that is to say 45yrs out of date..

It's an absolute pisser tbh, yet is clearly not worth spending a few grand on..!

By *anpat OP   Man
25 weeks ago

ilford

I have been on here for over 10 years now and in these 10 years the site has had slight improvements but not as much as how other sites and apps have advanced, but that’s restriction settings that people can set themselves have been there since I joined and has never changed

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
25 weeks ago

Stockport

On the message filters page, at the bottom, it explicitly says that message filters should not apply to your sending if you have already received a message from someone.

Quote: "Filters don't apply and people can message if you've mailed someone before (if you message someone you have filtered, they can reply), you have winked at someone, or you are friends."

This reads as if it might be that you have to use "reply to message" rather than starting a new message thread to them. I did think previously that sending a message to someone automatically removed all filters for them sending messages to you, but I haven't actually tested the exact action myself. I presume also that the person who sent to you can reinstate the filter by blocking you, though it would be weird to send you a "hello" message and then immediately block you. That said, some of the people on fab are more than a little weird!

Perhaps you could have a friend help you test filters on the message system, by setting their filters then sending you a message for you to try replying to, and vice versa. See if you can reproduce the problem, then send a description of what happens to the site admin?

Best of luck, Polly xx

By *ot to giggleWoman
25 weeks ago

Coventry

^^^^what Polly said, i usually have all my filters on , but a wink or message bypasses them

Post new Message to Thread