Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Dating

Jump to newest

By *adyBugs OP   Woman
25 weeks ago

cognito

Are you looking to date?

How are you looking for people to date? Online or in person social activities?

If you are online, what sites are you on? In the interest of science, Fab is included as a dating platform.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *edeWoman
25 weeks ago

the abyss

I would love a date. I am on Feeld but I'm even more useless on there as I am on here

By *adyBugs OP   Woman
25 weeks ago

cognito

"I would love a date. I am on Feeld but I'm even more useless on there as I am on here "

I’m going to have a date with you sooooooon

By *sWyldWoman
25 weeks ago

Edinburgh

I want to date, all the fun parts of dating, but I really don't want a relationship anymore.

I'm also really trying to date myself too. Sounds silly but I'm tired waiting on others to do things I want to do.

By *adyBugs OP   Woman
25 weeks ago

cognito

"I want to date, all the fun parts of dating, but I really don't want a relationship anymore.

I'm also really trying to date myself too. Sounds silly but I'm tired waiting on others to do things I want to do.

"

This is not silly! I’m always taking myself on dates. I took myself to the opera in January. I fully endorse solo dating

By *dam1971Man
25 weeks ago

Bedford

"I would love a date. I am on Feeld but I'm even more useless on there as I am on here "

I had high hopes for that app too, but either it’s hopeless or I am.

I’m going for the app being hopeless

By (user no longer on site)
25 weeks ago

Love solo dates and holidays. Off to Amsterdam on my own in May.

25 weeks ago

Im here, POF and face book dating. Not successful so far.

Have soko date nights! They can be fun too! I'll take myself off to gigs, theatre and movies etc - no way am I stopping going out just because no one wants to join me.

25 weeks ago

"Im here, POF and face book dating. Not successful so far.

Have soko date nights! They can be fun too! I'll take myself off to gigs, theatre and movies etc - no way am I stopping going out just because no one wants to join me. "

*Solo date nights*

25 weeks ago

"

Dating apps are soul destroying

I tried Feeld .... some of the same guys as on here... "ethically non-monogamous" ... a bit like "fab single"

25 weeks ago

"Dating apps are soul destroying

I tried Feeld .... some of the same guys as on here... "ethically non-monogamous" ... a bit like "fab single" "

^ totally agree

25 weeks ago

I fancy dating and going out for a meal, cuddling up on the sofa type stuff but not a serious relationship.

I’m on Hinge and Badoo but I live in a small town with not a great deal of prospective dates unfortunately, a bit like Fab lol

By *ong-leggedblondWoman
25 weeks ago

Next Door

I joined feeld a few days ago, as I felt the times right

I've started chatting to someone, meeting up in a few days. He's ticking boxes.

By *om and JennieCouple
25 weeks ago

Chams or Socials

"I joined feeld a few days ago, as I felt the times right

I've started chatting to someone, meeting up in a few days. He's ticking boxes. "

Ooooohhhhh!!! Excited for you!!

J x

25 weeks ago

I've started chatting to someone, meeting up in a few days. He's ticking boxes. "

Hope it goes well

By *adyBugs OP   Woman
25 weeks ago

cognito

Ohh how exciting, hopefully you’ll keep us updated

By *adyBugs OP   Woman
25 weeks ago

cognito

So feeld, is that a bit like here rather than regular dating apps?

25 weeks ago

Aww I hope it goes well!

By *layfulguy123Man
25 weeks ago

strat

Finding it hit and miss on feeld

By *injaprincessWoman
25 weeks ago

herehere

I’d like to date and be monogamous to each other but don’t have to see each other everyday …. I’m on some sites as above mentioned but nothing where I’ve felt like he will be faithful

Dilemma of being full time mum too doesn’t help !

By *layfulguy123Man
25 weeks ago

strat

I love giving massages and love to give oral

So if Any one is Warwickshire way and fancy’s letting me taking them on a date message me :p

By *layfulguy123Man
25 weeks ago

strat

"I’d like to date and be monogamous to each other but don’t have to see each other everyday …. I’m on some sites as above mentioned but nothing where I’ve felt like he will be faithful

"

Living appart together is the relationship you want

But takes a lot of trust

By *toC Thats MeWoman
25 weeks ago

Sheffield

Dating apps are soul destroying

I tried Feeld .... some of the same guys as on here... "ethically non-monogamous" ... a bit like "fab single" "

Agreed on this one! Would rather just stick to fab and clubs.

By *oe buckMan
25 weeks ago

London

"So feeld, is that a bit like here rather than regular dating apps?"

I just tried to see if there were any reviews for it..it’s says the dating app for light relationship's

By *irthandgirthMan
25 weeks ago

Camberley occasionally doncaster

I've tried a few of the dating sites on and off over the years.

Been ghosted so many times I've renamed my car "mystery machine"

By *carlet SeductionWoman
25 weeks ago

Maidstone

I've given up on apps. Given up on here. I'm just old and unattractive. Meh it's cool not to waste my time anymore. I'll find a hobby.

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

25 weeks ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"I’d like to date and be monogamous to each other but don’t have to see each other everyday …. I’m on some sites as above mentioned but nothing where I’ve felt like he will be faithful

Living appart together is the relationship you want

But takes a lot of trust "

If you can find it - it definitely works.

I gave Feeld about a month. Came across several profiles of people on here and the rest looked identikit copies of eachother, full of photos of them walking hills and mountains and going to festivals.

There's no reason at all why you can't date via here and just as much chance of success/failure.

If someone is going to string you along or say what it takes to get you into bed, in all honestly it's as likely to happen on any dating site as it is on here.

By *eekingfwbWoman
25 weeks ago

kent

I’ve tried a little bit of online dating, least here people are honest what they’re after… when on actual dating sites it’s not appealing getting cock pics on intro.

I’ve had the most success with the Facebook one, where it’s attached to their actual profile I feel (maybe wrongly) it’s likely to be a little more genuine. I’ve actually met some lovely people there and did have a year long relationship with someone I met from fb dating.

25 weeks ago

Dating sucks a thousand bumholes lately. People have such high expectations and materialistic demands. I don’t want to do silly extravagant stuff with weirdos I don’t even know if I’m going to get along with - that comes later! Let’s just grab a drink and a chat ffs!

I’m such an old git lately

*fetches my man slippers*

By *layfulguy123Man
25 weeks ago

strat

"I've given up on apps. Given up on here. I'm just old and unattractive. Meh it's cool not to waste my time anymore. I'll find a hobby. "

Wrong you are beautiful and I am sure many others in group would agree

Don’t give up

If I was closer I’d happily take you out for a meal

By *arla SwingerWoman
25 weeks ago

Somewhere

Had some success on Feeld in the past. I enjoy dating, I just rarely have the time. Even less time for a relationship, and I don't want anything too serious. Fab rarely hits the mark either though as I prefer something more than just sex, less than full time dating.

By *aribbean King 1985Man
25 weeks ago

South West London

Dating is exhausting which I no longer do

By *xbabyxxxWoman
25 weeks ago

Bradford

I'm.on here pof no joy so far most so called dating sites are basically the same desperate people looking just for a bit of fun or full of fakes

By *ira2024Woman
25 weeks ago

South West

"I want to date, all the fun parts of dating, but I really don't want a relationship anymore.

This is not silly! I’m always taking myself on dates. I took myself to the opera in January. I fully endorse solo dating "

I love this!! Not silly at all I’m also trying to date myself when I get some free time from parenting

By *illDoXXXMan
25 weeks ago

Preston

Still old school , go out and chat to someone. I couldn’t deal with the hassle of online dating

By *iss.Bella.Woman
25 weeks ago

North Wales

I like the idea of dating (cuddles, feeling wanted, sex at the drop of a hat) but I'm completely closed off to the idea of a relationship. I don't feel I could ever trust and depend on anyone again. Nor do I particularly want to. So I'll just keep being fat and sassy (and single)

25 weeks ago

"I like the idea of dating (cuddles, feeling wanted, sex at the drop of a hat) but I'm completely closed off to the idea of a relationship. I don't feel I could ever trust and depend on anyone again. Nor do I particularly want to. So I'll just keep being fat and sassy (and single) "

Defo not fat but sassy overload x

By *JB1954Man
25 weeks ago

Reading

I am on three dating sites and Fab. Must admit at my age . Get more scammers or if contact have not read profile . So not seen age . Then gone

By *illDoXXXMan
25 weeks ago

Preston

"I like the idea of dating (cuddles, feeling wanted, sex at the drop of a hat) but I'm completely closed off to the idea of a relationship. I don't feel I could ever trust and depend on anyone again. Nor do I particularly want to. So I'll just keep being fat and sassy (and single) "

It’s annoying that someone can make us not trust others.

25 weeks ago

Honestly I love going on Dates!

Got rid of dating apps though I never have any luck connecting with people. Where as in person I find it easier to chat

By *nnCeeWoman
25 weeks ago

East of Eden, West of Hell

You are definitely not fat my darling, far from it xx

25 weeks ago

Agreed, your super hot

By *ittlemissmistressKCouple
25 weeks ago

Southampton

You've a gorgeous figure xx

By *ayswings69Man
25 weeks ago

walsall wood

Fab is a hard site to date from even for the good guys

By *ornucopiaMan
25 weeks ago

Bexley

Could that be due to your address?

Do you show the same location on Feeld?

By *ornucopiaMan
25 weeks ago

Bexley

"I've given up on apps. Given up on here. I'm just old and unattractive. Meh it's cool not to waste my time anymore. I'll find a hobby.

Wrong you are beautiful and I am sure many others in group would agree

Don’t give up

If I was closer I’d happily take you out for a meal "

I'm a lot closer and I concur.

However, I would have to shave a lot off my age to comply.

I wish I could use the compliments I got at Silverleigh a few hours ago as testimonials!

25 weeks ago

I would be if the right person shows up. But I’m definitely not looking, 90 percent of profiles in apps are just an advertisement board to get you to pay.

And the rest seem so entitled with one word answers,….. getting blood from a stone!

^thats the negatives

I can’t force myself to want to be in a relationship, I tried a blind date when I was younger, we had a laugh, and that was it. I don’t want to meet a new girl every weekend trying someone on. I know the people I’d like to spend loads of time with, (hopefully forever) and that why I ask for a proper date. Otherwise, it’s just a hook up. Fb/Fwb Dating is different to me, there’s a lot on the line.

By *he Gentleman 84Man
25 weeks ago

North East

Yeah looking to date but find it harder to meet people, been told I’m attractive & never had trouble meeting anyone in my younger days but post covid seems much more of a merry go round!

By *irthandgirthMan
25 weeks ago

Camberley occasionally doncaster

When I was on dating apps I found my location went against me. I'm in a semi rural area, but just a few miles from London. So locally, with age limits, I was quite limited. If I pushed the net a little wider, I hit Heathrow, so lots of people transmitting through. At the same time I see many from inside the M25. From experience, ladies inside the M25 don't want to travel outside the M25 to date.

By *ames250122Man
25 weeks ago

Worcester

"Are you looking to date?

How are you looking for people to date? Online or in person social activities?

If you are online, what sites are you on? In the interest of science, Fab is included as a dating platform. "

I am open to dating if I meet a girl socially and we hit it off but not actively looking. Not huge on dating sites but gave tinder and bumble a go but quickly lost interest as it just seemed to be a lot of brief exchanges of messages that never went anywhere despite how good or laboured the chat was. I’d put it down to my technique but I think I’d be falsely taking credit for something that’s not mine to take the credit for. From other profiles on each of them and from chatting with others that use the apps it seems to be the same experience for most on there. Never really thought of fab as a dating site or approached chatting to a single woman with the view of anything potentially developing beyond becoming fwb in time. However if we both felt the same way about being more then just fwb in time then regardless of how or where we meet I’d be open to dating. My decision would be solely based on feelings for them and for me to be honest. They do say it happens when you least expect it lol. How about yourself? x

25 weeks ago

"So feeld, is that a bit like here rather than regular dating apps?"

I believe Feeld originally launched itself as 'Thrinder' - tinder for threesomes but Tinder made them change their name. Theyre heavy on non-monogamy and kink. That said, I've found it a bit flaky. But I suppose thats all the apps.

25 weeks ago

"Dating sucks a thousand bumholes lately. People have such high expectations and materialistic demands. I don’t want to do silly extravagant stuff with weirdos I don’t even know if I’m going to get along with - that comes later! Let’s just grab a drink and a chat ffs!

I’m such an old git lately

*fetches my man slippers*"

Totally agree. Grab a drink, a coffee or a nice walk to get to know someone.....dont need to do expensove things ..... I've got old lady slippers

25 weeks ago

I completely understand where you are coming from. If people don't realise what a fabulous amazing woman you are it's their loss. I won't lower my standards or let people overstep my boundaries or nit meet my.needs in pursuit of a relationship.... would rather be happily single.

By *trawberry lacesWoman
25 weeks ago

angus

In an ideal world I'd be dating. Have given up on online dating though because full of idiots. Meanwhile I'm on here

By *quidgeyWoman
25 weeks ago

Cambridge

I want all the best bits of dating but I don’t want a relationship! Does that make sense?

Been single for four years and I love my own company and not having to answer to anyone. Having said that I love to have dinner, go to gigs, theatre, walks etc etc with a tall, tattooed, bearded man preferably!!

By *quidgeyWoman
25 weeks ago

Cambridge

Meant to say… hate dating sites. Full of fakes. Not like fab!!

By *dam1971Man
25 weeks ago

Bedford

"Meant to say… hate dating sites. Full of fakes. Not like fab!! "

Yes, the fakes here are much better

By *inxy777Woman
25 weeks ago

essex

I definitely would date, dating apps I’ve used, no one has been interested. x

By *quidgeyWoman
25 weeks ago

Cambridge

"Meant to say… hate dating sites. Full of fakes. Not like fab!!

Yes, the fakes here are much better "

Much nicer too!!

25 weeks ago

Given up.

25 weeks ago

Hahaha. *hi5

By *imply DeeWoman
25 weeks ago

Wherever

I don’t want relationship anymore so I’m not on any dating apps or not actively looking elsewhere.

The breadcrumbs I got from Fab need to be the best I can get, given my current circumstances and time constraints.

25 weeks ago

Southampton

Oh I'm totally fake

By *dam1971Man
25 weeks ago

Bedford

Oh I'm totally fake "

That’s true, but anyone who sends me pictures of naked norks, I’ll forgive them being fake

By *iss.Bella.Woman
25 weeks ago

North Wales

"I like the idea of dating (cuddles, feeling wanted, sex at the drop of a hat) but I'm completely closed off to the idea of a relationship. I don't feel I could ever trust and depend on anyone again. Nor do I particularly want to. So I'll just keep being fat and sassy (and single)

I completely understand where you are coming from. If people don't realise what a fabulous amazing woman you are it's their loss. I won't lower my standards or let people overstep my boundaries or nit meet my.needs in pursuit of a relationship.... would rather be happily single. "

Exactly, life's for living and I refuse to waste anymore of it on dead end relationships wouldn't rule out FWB though

25 weeks ago

Southampton

Oh I'm totally fake

That’s true, but anyone who sends me pictures of naked norks, I’ll forgive them being fake "

I currently have one vert sore misshapen boob.. so they shall be hidden for now

By *ularliWoman
25 weeks ago

worcester

I’m not interested in dating. I am quite happy and content on my own

By *sWyldWoman
25 weeks ago

Edinburgh

Having been on and off many dating apps over the years I've come to the conclusion I'm fuckabke but not dateable.

I used to be quite sad about that but now I realise it actually removes the pressure.

By *ostindreamsMan
25 weeks ago

London

Dating apps wise, Hinge and maybe also fab.

I also go to hiking groups and book clubs to meet people with shared interests.

By *ouples_EroticaXXXCouple
25 weeks ago

manchester

We met on a fetish site

By *red333Man
25 weeks ago

Dorchester

Of course, do i think I'll be successful here? No but its as good a place as any

25 weeks ago

As a poly person yes I am often looking to date. Not always though. When I am I use Hinge, Feeld, OkC and I’m open to meeting people from fab but only if they’re not monogamous.

25 weeks ago

South West London

If men are looking to date, don't use Bumble, it's one of the worse dating apps you could use especially when you can't message the women first

By *arnayguyMan
25 weeks ago

Durham Tees

I would love to date and build towards a relationship. I am on a swiping site but I have only had one social a couple of years ago. Life got too busy to give it my full attention, but as things are quietening down, now would be good timing for some interest. The same goes for here.

By *eroLondonMan
25 weeks ago

Mayfair

What I'm looking for has never deviated from day ¹ — dating, woo'ing, courtship and betrothal-free romance, and with the occasional clandestine encounter thrown in for good measure.

By *lder.Woman
25 weeks ago

Not Local

Im doing that thing where I would quite like to 'date', but, I'm doing absolutely nothing to facilitate that, just expecting Mr Right to climb in through my bedroom window.

By *amnaughtybutniceWoman
25 weeks ago

tf1

I’m on the dating sites. But I get bored very quickly.

Alto I do have a date tonight

By *layfulguy123Man
25 weeks ago

strat

I can drive any one 20 miles of Solihull or Stratford upon Avon wants some company or meal or bowling etc let me know

Maybe it will just be fun

Maybe something will come of it but all open to just having nice company and time

By *eatwaveMan
25 weeks ago

Barnet

I have tried a few dating sites and am looking for sure.

Shame fab doesn't have a dating function on the site.

By *ife NinjaMan
25 weeks ago

Dunfermline

I've tried the dating apps. The one starting with b and ending in oo was just like fab, the rest were useless.

I think I'm undateable

25 weeks ago

I'm the minority here as I'm quite a young lad, but I'd definitely be up for dating and seeing where things go with a woman I connect well with. I've just come off all the online dating sites I was on as I've realised how awful they actually are. I'm neurodivergent, so yes that does in some ways make interactions as a whole somewhat more of a challenge to navigate, but I think dating in person even with the way I function and added anxiety of that, still my preference now more than ever.

By *ularliWoman
25 weeks ago

worcester

It was going on a dating site that brought me back to fab years ago as I realised it wasn’t what I wanted. I’m very much for making new friends for fun nights out but I’m past dating

By *erfectlychaoticWoman
25 weeks ago

Aldershot

Been on loads of dating sites over the years. Feeld was pretty good.

I'm Neurodivergent which adds its own level of "fun" to dating. I just get to a point where I feel doomed.

By *ife NinjaMan
25 weeks ago

Dunfermline

"Been on loads of dating sites over the years. Feeld was pretty good.

I'm Neurodivergent which adds its own level of "fun" to dating. I just get to a point where I feel doomed."

Love the jazzy dress on 5 March

By *eroLondonMan
25 weeks ago

Mayfair

"...Shame fab doesn't have a dating function on the site."

They do. Or rather, adopt one! Offer them afternoon tea, or a côcktail & câke, served with an old-age recipe of charm and a zest of beguilement. They will be putty in your arms, dear fellow.

By *or-QueeningMan
25 weeks ago

Manchester

[Removed by poster at 13/04/24 18:04:20]

By *or-QueeningMan
25 weeks ago

Manchester

I've been on dating sites for ages. It's led to meeting interesting people, some FWBs and the occasional ONS, and a number of friends without benefits too. But nothing serious has ever developed.

By *edeWoman
25 weeks ago

the abyss

"I would love a date. I am on Feeld but I'm even more useless on there as I am on here

I’m going to have a date with you sooooooon "

Whenever you're ready

By *eroLondonMan
25 weeks ago

Mayfair

I miss the Matchmaker threads that _ong-leggedblond used to do.

Those ·sometimes· lead to an actual social/date, or an ever-lasting acquaintanceship.

By *ong-leggedblondWoman
24 weeks ago

Next Door

"I miss the Matchmaker threads that _ong-leggedblond used to do.

Those ·sometimes· lead to an actual social/date, or an ever-lasting acquaintanceship. "

Maybe I will do one for the May bank holiday.

By *tylebender03Man
24 weeks ago

Manchester

Yeah I’m here to date these women and sweep them off their feet

24 weeks ago

Those ·sometimes· lead to an actual social/date, or an ever-lasting acquaintanceship. "

By *eterandJaneadventuresCouple
24 weeks ago

Sutton

We met on here, been a couple almost 3 years now

By *oubleswing2019Man
24 weeks ago

Colchester

A friend of mine had started using dating sites (Tinder and Bumble). She said she gets inundated with dick pics, and many of these are on 1st contacts too. She was pretty shocked, not having been in the dating game for 10+ years.

By *eroLondonMan
24 weeks ago

Mayfair

Those ·sometimes· lead to an actual social/date, or an ever-lasting acquaintanceship.

·

Maybe I will do one for the May bank holiday. "

Yes please. You have been far too remiss in this department. Make it so.

By *adyBugs OP   Woman
24 weeks ago

cognito

Thank you all for your input on my thread, it’s all fascinating and interesting and appreciated.

Look at us lonely hearts…let’s all have a cuddle puddle

By *dam1971Man
24 weeks ago

Bedford

"Thank you all for your input on my thread, it’s all fascinating and interesting and appreciated.

Look at us lonely hearts…let’s all have a cuddle puddle "

Yay! Snuggle up

By *Cups32Woman
24 weeks ago

Colne

I'm on Feeld, PoF, Tinder, Hinge and Bumble as well as here... No luck.

By *lack Orchid 0204Man
24 weeks ago

Leeds

I make nosecretthat I'm looking for more than one offs

I haven't accessed pof in years it was a very intersting experience on there.

Currently on Hinge Tinder and again not opened bumble in ages.

By *ornucopiaMan
24 weeks ago

Bexley

I've found that PoF is a good site for no strings nookie as long as you make it clear that is your mission.

The main reason that people of the opposite (or same) sex are on dating sites is to find sex easily. On quite a few occasions I have had first date sex on PoF when an attraction is obvious and it has normally led to more.

This site is a different story. A lot enjoy the forum chit chat and never meet and a lot use the site to communicate safely with people they have initially met at clubs and may not feel that involved enough to share phone numbers.

My preference on PoF is to offer my phone number early on and not go chasing those who don't follow up the offer. That makes for a simple life with a good success ratio. They can usually tell from my voice that I am a sexy sod with a big cock.

23 weeks ago

South West London

Would any of you men date single mothers? I wouldnt

By *red333Man
23 weeks ago

Dorchester

"Would any of you men date single mothers? I wouldnt"
Of course why wouldn't you?

By *cottish guy 555Man
23 weeks ago

London

I'm not looking to date but why is someone having a kid an issue?

23 weeks ago

yeah man. I’m not fussy. I just want sex. Any hole will do

23 weeks ago

I’ve come off most conventional dating apps, but still on feeld and tinder, hit me up ladies haha ah.

Remaining open to connections of any/all kinds though. Realised I wanted to experience more than just vanilla sex/ generic small talk.

By *izandpaulCouple
23 weeks ago

merseyside

"

Not silly at all.

My husband was working away so I took a flight to Gibraltar for a long weekend alone.

It was brilliant, met a single lady in hotel who travels the world visiting casinos, she took me along and showed me the joys of blackjack.

Go for it.

23 weeks ago

South West London

"Would any of you men date single mothers? I wouldnt

"

Maybe I should of been more specific, I have sex with a single mother yes but in terms of having a relationshop with one I wouldnt

By *toC Thats MeWoman
23 weeks ago

Sheffield

No snacks for you then!

By *cottish guy 555Man
23 weeks ago

London

Maybe I should of been more specific, I have sex with a single mother yes but in terms of having a relationshop with one I wouldnt"

Can't say I've ever seen it as an issue.

By *r SxxMan
23 weeks ago

ashford

I tend to go through phases really!

Ultimately I do want to yeah, I use all the apps, fab, fet.

But I've had some naff experiences which knocked my confidence, so I come off them, go on, then come back off. Been tough!

We shall see how it goes!.....

23 weeks ago

South West London

Maybe I should of been more specific, I have sex with a single mother yes but in terms of having a relationshop with one I wouldnt

"

ok so you wont mind that she puts her children first over you (which is understanable), probably have to deal with the real childs father and probably expect you to have some responsibility with the child without the authority?

23 weeks ago

South West London

No snacks for you then!"

Im fed well but thank you

By *ucka39Man
23 weeks ago

Newcastle

I'm Just on the fence if I find something worth the shot or they find me then just maybe dating otherwise enjoying the company of each other

By *imply DeeWoman
23 weeks ago

Wherever

ok so you wont mind that she puts her children first over you (which is understanable), probably have to deal with the real childs father and probably expect you to have some responsibility with the child without the authority? "

If I was looking for a relationship (which I’m not) I would be looking for a man who actually won’t mind and I would want to see him rise to the challenge because he wanted to, as should the grown up responsible, emotionally mature person do, not a selfish man child only thinking about himself.

By *weetCherryWoman
23 weeks ago

London

I would, not up for casual sex anymore, but I’m having a hard time at the moment so not actively looking.

I still have accounts in some alternative dating apps, but not the most attractive person either, so not much luck

23 weeks ago

South West London

ok so you wont mind that she puts her children first over you (which is understanable), probably have to deal with the real childs father and probably expect you to have some responsibility with the child without the authority?

If I was looking for a relationship (which I’m not) I would be looking for a man who actually won’t mind and I would want to see him rise to the challenge because he wanted to, as should the grown up responsible, emotionally mature person do, not a selfish man child only thinking about himself."

well thats your opinion but this is the facts, I will only be taking care and raising kids that I bring to the world not somebody elses

By *agnar73Man
23 weeks ago

Glasgow

I would as I’m a sole parent myself, yeah it’s more complicated to make arrangements but, I wouldn’t judge someone over that.

By *adyBugs OP   Woman
23 weeks ago

cognito

Ooh my. This has come back round with some interesting opinions. Thanks all for sharing your thoughts

By *adyBugs OP   Woman
23 weeks ago

cognito

"I tend to go through phases really!

But I've had some naff experiences which knocked my confidence, so I come off them, go on, then come back off. Been tough!

We shall see how it goes!....."

If your dating app profiles are similar to your one on here (minus the naughty pics obvs) then I’m sure you’ll have luck finding someone to share your life with, you seem quite interesting. Good luck

By *ellinever70Woman
23 weeks ago

Ayrshire

If I was looking for a relationship (which I’m not) I would be looking for a man who actually won’t mind and I would want to see him rise to the challenge because he wanted to, as should the grown up responsible, emotionally mature person do, not a selfish man child only thinking about himself."

When my child was young, I made a conscious decision not to date as I didn't want another man involved in their life.

I can understand men not wanting to properly date someone with children- I don't think it means he's selfish

By *ornucopiaMan
23 weeks ago

Bexley

"

Women on dating sites going on (in their profile) about their grand children are bad enough.

Save me from their first generation issue!

By *mber SkiesWoman
23 weeks ago

Cardiff-ish

I wouldn’t date a single dad

By *iccii69Man
23 weeks ago

Surrey

Am using a couple of apps currently - totally soul destroying as people just seem to match and never wanna chat, or even meet up.

What i find most surprising, is that so many ladies dont wish to do a video call prior to meeting when i suggest it. Surely a video call should help to confirm that the other person is who they say they are and that they look like their pics and arent a catfish - or am i missing something?

By *edbiker6Man
23 weeks ago

Scarborough

Online and on fab but so far seems to be alot of fake people

By *r SxxMan
23 weeks ago

ashford

"I tend to go through phases really!

We shall see how it goes!.....

If your dating app profiles are similar to your one on here (minus the naughty pics obvs) then I’m sure you’ll have luck finding someone to share your life with, you seem quite interesting. Good luck "

Thank you very much! That's really kind of you to say xx

By *ornucopiaMan
23 weeks ago

Bexley

"

What i find most surprising, is that so many ladies dont wish to do a video call prior to meeting when i suggest it. Surely a video call should help to confirm that the other person is who they say they are and that they look like their pics and arent a catfish - or am i missing something?"

I wouldn't know how to do a video call. I only ever use talk or text messaging. If they are into much more than that the chances are that they are more interested in gazing at their phone all day than anything much else in life.

In order to prove who I am, I simply turn up for the date. With a bit of luck it usually turns out to be 'a hole in one' if we click.

If it doesn't work out that way, you are probably selecting the wrong people.

23 weeks ago

South West London

"Would any of you men date single mothers? I wouldnt I wouldn’t date a single dad "
I totally get it

By *ittlebirdWoman
23 weeks ago

The Big Smoke

I’m dating now and finding it all good. Same as fab really. Just got to find the right connection

By *ookie46Woman
23 weeks ago

Deepest darkest Peru

"I’m dating now and finding it all good. Same as fab really. Just got to find the right connection "

By *ffice-gilfWoman
23 weeks ago

Edinburgh

"

23 weeks ago

In all honesty, not looking to date and leaving it to chance. If I meet someone truly wonderful then gr8 and if I don't then it's still all good.

Content and happy in life.

By *layfulguy123Man
23 weeks ago

strat

Of course I would

If father is present I wouldn’t over step the line

But if the dad wasn’t present then I would gladly step up if I was asked but only if I was asked

23 weeks ago

I'm finally at a place where I'm open to date but not actively looking on any platforms. If it happens naturally then great but if not, I'm okay with that too.

By *layfulguy123Man
23 weeks ago

strat

ok so you wont mind that she puts her children first over you (which is understanable), probably have to deal with the real childs father and probably expect you to have some responsibility with the child without the authority? "

No issue at all

A woman who puts her kids first and makes her priorities known is a woman with good morals,

It also means that if that mother let you in,

Then It really means something and genuine

I know what it’s like not having a dad growing up

If the guy respects the mother and the child as if it’s his own that kid will grow up seeing a man treat a woman the way they should be treated

23 weeks ago

Yes

By *eroLondonMan
23 weeks ago

Mayfair

I only date double mothers. More bounce to the ounce, dear fellow.

23 weeks ago

"

Actually yes. It’s a thing for me to concider.

It’s not an issue on the person at all. They’re obviously attractive and that’s why am already talking to them for example.

But, for me to consider an actual dating situation where I might be invested with the idea of a future together long-term, I have to consider that child, and I’m talking about a young child, who you might form a bond with over time.

Because if in the future that relationship ends because it did grow into something, not only do you leave a woman, you are leaving a child, and they might think of you as a father figure, and you just all of a sudden disappear out of their life.

Does that make sense?

23 weeks ago

Why not

By *layfulguy123Man
23 weeks ago

strat

"I'm finally at a place where I'm open to date but not actively looking on any platforms. If it happens naturally then great but if not, I'm okay with that too."

Sometimes the best way

Meet up for drinks

Make friends and if it happens it happens

Best way is to be truely your self.

If people don’t like you for you, that’s fine

We all need to learn to find the one for us,

Not for us to try and become the right one for someone

By *naswingdressWoman
23 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Would any of you men date single mothers? I wouldnt yeah man. I’m not fussy. I just want sex. Any hole will do"

I'm not that fussy, but I won't date someone who wouldn't date single parents. Smacks of attention seeking and neediness.

23 weeks ago

South West London

No issue at all

A woman who puts her kids first and makes her priorities known is a woman with good morals,

If the guy respects the mother and the child as if it’s his own that kid will grow up seeing a man treat a woman the way they should be treated"

Ok thats one way of looking at it but what if you and the woman broke up and you had a bond with the child, by definition you won't any parental right to see that child because your not their father biologically

23 weeks ago

South West London

"Would any of you men date single mothers? I wouldnt yeah man. I’m not fussy. I just want sex. Any hole will do

I'm not that fussy, but I won't date someone who wouldn't date single parents. Smacks of attention seeking and neediness."

In what way is not dating a single parent attention seeking and neediness?

By *o3somesMan
23 weeks ago

Luton

If anyone is serious about dating and finding someone serious then you need to be on hinge, it’s the platform with the most serious candidates and you can see who’s actually looking for something real. if you’re looking to date for a FWB or anything less than a relationship then platforms like POF and tinder make sense.

By *layfulguy123Man
23 weeks ago

strat

No issue at all

If the guy respects the mother and the child as if it’s his own that kid will grow up seeing a man treat a woman the way they should be treated Ok thats one way of looking at it but what if you and the woman broke up and you had a bond with the child, by definition you won't any parental right to see that child because your not their father biologically"

Yh I do get what your coming from,

But from experience, date knowing there is a kid involved with out actualy getting introduced to that kid

If after 6 months things going well and the guy can cope seeing the woman around the child ( some woman have split custody) then when she things she has a good guy and you both communicate and feel you are both in a good happy and stable place that is likely to last, , then and only then do you get introduced to the child

By *naswingdressWoman
23 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Would any of you men date single mothers? I wouldnt yeah man. I’m not fussy. I just want sex. Any hole will do

I'm not that fussy, but I won't date someone who wouldn't date single parents. Smacks of attention seeking and neediness. In what way is not dating a single parent attention seeking and neediness? "

Refusing to get involved with someone because they've got commitments that don't involve you. Not something like addiction or criminal records which might make them more volatile as a person and bring you into peril, but a positive thing.

I don't have children, but I'd avoid anyone who doesn't want to date single mothers, because I want to know that the person I'm getting involved with recognises that I have other priorities and commitments. I'm not his mum. He needs to stand with himself and strengthen me, not drag me down - and I'll do the same in return.

This other person could be a perfect 15/10 in any and every other respect of what I'm looking for in a relationship, but anyone over... I dunno, 25? who's willing to rule out single parents is a hard no from me.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
23 weeks ago

Stockport

I only date double mothers. More bounce to the ounce, dear fellow. "

Triple is the way to go!

23 weeks ago

South West London

I'm not that fussy, but I won't date someone who wouldn't date single parents. Smacks of attention seeking and neediness. In what way is not dating a single parent attention seeking and neediness?

Refusing to get involved with someone because they've got commitments that don't involve you. Not something like addiction or criminal records which might make them more volatile as a person and bring you into peril, but a positive thing.

I don't have children, but I'd avoid anyone who doesn't want to date single mothers, because I want to know that the person I'm getting involved with recognises that I have other priorities and commitments. I'm not his mum. He needs to stand with himself and strengthen me, not drag me down - and I'll do the same in return.

This other person could be a perfect 15/10 in any and every other respect of what I'm looking for in a relationship, but anyone over... I dunno, 25? who's willing to rule out single parents is a hard no from me."

ok let me flip this would you date a single dad? And if so why?

By *naswingdressWoman
23 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'm not that fussy, but I won't date someone who wouldn't date single parents. Smacks of attention seeking and neediness. In what way is not dating a single parent attention seeking and neediness?

This other person could be a perfect 15/10 in any and every other respect of what I'm looking for in a relationship, but anyone over... I dunno, 25? who's willing to rule out single parents is a hard no from me. ok let me flip this would you date a single dad? And if so why?"

Yes. I would. I'd also date a single mum.

I'd date them for the reasons I'd date anyone else, with all of my other criteria.

I recognise at the ripe old age of 38, many people my age have had children. It's a fairly normal thing to do. Excluding people for doing something relatively normal (that is constructive in society etc) seems insane to me.

23 weeks ago

South West London

This other person could be a perfect 15/10 in any and every other respect of what I'm looking for in a relationship, but anyone over... I dunno, 25? who's willing to rule out single parents is a hard no from me. ok let me flip this would you date a single dad? And if so why?

I'd date them for the reasons I'd date anyone else, with all of my other criteria.

I recognise at the ripe old age of 38, many people my age have had children. It's a fairly normal thing to do. Excluding people for doing something relatively normal (that is constructive in society etc) seems insane to me."

Ok but wouldnt you agree that dating a single parent isnt easy compared to someone without kids? I mean fair enough if you want to date single parents then go for it but as dating is hard already Im not going for the choice thats more complicated

By *layfulguy123Man
23 weeks ago

strat

This other person could be a perfect 15/10 in any and every other respect of what I'm looking for in a relationship, but anyone over... I dunno, 25? who's willing to rule out single parents is a hard no from me. ok let me flip this would you date a single dad? And if so why?

I recognise at the ripe old age of 38, many people my age have had children. It's a fairly normal thing to do. Excluding people for doing something relatively normal (that is constructive in society etc) seems insane to me. Ok but wouldnt you agree that dating a single parent isnt easy compared to someone without kids? I mean fair enough if you want to date single parents then go for it but as dating is hard already Im not going for the choice thats more complicated "

Nothing worthwhile is easy

Yes some may get lucky

But someone willing to show time effort and not just want all time to self is a good time of character

Someone who respects boundaries

My dad broke up with one of his ex becusse she wanted to spend time with her kids

In the end it was the kids that forced the mum to split with my dad

I said to him he is stupid

If you can’t learn to love the baggage then she never deserved your love

By *naswingdressWoman
23 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

I recognise at the ripe old age of 38, many people my age have had children. It's a fairly normal thing to do. Excluding people for doing something relatively normal (that is constructive in society etc) seems insane to me. Ok but wouldnt you agree that dating a single parent isnt easy compared to someone without kids? I mean fair enough if you want to date single parents then go for it but as dating is hard already Im not going for the choice thats more complicated "

Of course it's more complicated.

But dating anyone in my age bracket is complicated. Lives, careers, aging parents, etc. Nephews and nieces and keeping up with friends.

Someone who rules out single parents is someone who doesn't want to deal with the reality of the complexities of life, and wants to make it more about them than is realistic.

You're welcome to seek that. I'm welcome to see that as an unattractive, deal breaking trait.

23 weeks ago

South West London

I recognise at the ripe old age of 38, many people my age have had children. It's a fairly normal thing to do. Excluding people for doing something relatively normal (that is constructive in society etc) seems insane to me. Ok but wouldnt you agree that dating a single parent isnt easy compared to someone without kids? I mean fair enough if you want to date single parents then go for it but as dating is hard already Im not going for the choice thats more complicated

Nothing worthwhile is easy

Yes some may get lucky

But someone willing to show time effort and not just want all time to self is a good time of character

Someone who respects boundaries

My dad broke up with one of his ex becusse she wanted to spend time with her kids

In the end it was the kids that forced the mum to split with my dad

I said to him he is stupid

If you can’t learn to love the baggage then she never deserved your love "

Thats why I said dating is not easy in general . im just saying Im not going for the most complicated option and nobody is shaming me for that but hold tight to everyone who do date single parents

23 weeks ago

Haven't ever tried to seriously date anyone. Simply doesn't seem worth the effort.

23 weeks ago

And if I was I don't think I'd use any apps. Many of them are owned by the same company and people forget the main purpose of them is to make money, if they helped everyone find their partner they'd be out of business.

Post new Message to Thread