Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Get over it

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
25 weeks ago

How do YOU get over your insecurities in a relationship? Is there anything that your partner does or you need them to do?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
25 weeks ago

Carlisle usually

As long as I feel like the priority when we're together that's all I need

By *ed MartinMan
25 weeks ago

Shefford

"How do YOU get over your insecurities in a relationship? Is there anything that your partner does or you need them to do?"

Communicate. Be vulnerable. Listen. Act. Be kind.

25 weeks ago

"As long as I feel like the priority when we're together that's all I need "
I pretty much am the same. I do occasionally feel shifts in terms of my priority to the person generally and it’s tough on a personal level but that’s on me. Not on them.

When we are together, feeling like I’m important is what actually matters.

25 weeks ago

"How do YOU get over your insecurities in a relationship? Is there anything that your partner does or you need them to do?

Communicate. Be vulnerable. Listen. Act. Be kind.

"

So real. So real. Communication is everything

By *he turned me GreyCouple
25 weeks ago

Warwick and Coventry

"How do YOU get over your insecurities in a relationship? Is there anything that your partner does or you need them to do?"

I learn about them, where they start from, how they've played put in my life, the impact they have on me when they are presenting....

My insecurities are mine and I have to take accountability for them, because if I don't, it doesn't what my partner does they will still be present amd have power..

Mr

By *ickyKlungespeareMan
25 weeks ago

St Leonards

"As long as I feel like the priority when we're together that's all I need "

Pretty much this.

The limited time I give to being together would be a bit silly if we didn't prioritise each other, apart from genuine emergencies.

By *he turned me GreyCouple
25 weeks ago

Warwick and Coventry

"How do YOU get over your insecurities in a relationship? Is there anything that your partner does or you need them to do?

I learn about them, where they start from, how they've played put in my life, the impact they have on me when they are presenting....

My insecurities are mine and I have to take accountability for them, because if I don't, it doesn't what my partner does they will still be present amd have power..

Mr "

P.s, dicuss them and communicate gow I'm feeling, forgot that crucial part of it...

By *naswingdressWoman
25 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

I stuff them down and tell myself not to feel that way.

By *edeWoman
25 weeks ago

the abyss

I'm supposed to get over them? Oh dear

25 weeks ago

"I'm supposed to get over them? Oh dear "

Lmao don’t even get me started

By *emonbuttercreamWoman
25 weeks ago

Birmingham

I feel like getting older has made a huge difference. When I was young, I was so insecure. But now I'm kind of like I don't give a fuck because ultimately it is mostly out of my control so what is the point of worrying and obsessing? And yes I have my moments that get better of me, but I know I'm being unreasonable and luckily I can always realise that. We are both very open with each other too, and that helps.

By *uby StarCouple
25 weeks ago

Durham

Communication is key. Talk about everything and anything and let your partner know how you're feeling, whether that's good or bad feelings.

25 weeks ago

"I feel like getting older has made a huge difference. When I was young, I was so insecure. But now I'm kind of like I don't give a fuck because ultimately it is mostly out of my control so what is the point of worrying and obsessing? And yes I have my moments that get better of me, but I know I'm being unreasonable and luckily I can always realise that. We are both very open with each other too, and that helps. "

Omg you sound like a boomer bye

25 weeks ago

"I feel like getting older has made a huge difference. When I was young, I was so insecure. But now I'm kind of like I don't give a fuck because ultimately it is mostly out of my control so what is the point of worrying and obsessing? And yes I have my moments that get better of me, but I know I'm being unreasonable and luckily I can always realise that. We are both very open with each other too, and that helps.

Omg you sound like a boomer bye"

Seriously though. I’m big happy for you

By *r Black 85Man
25 weeks ago

nottingham

I speak to my counsellor about them

25 weeks ago

I speak to my counsellor about them "

We love a king that looks after his MH

By (user no longer on site)
25 weeks ago

I don’t

By *ittleMissCali_MrDJCouple
25 weeks ago

wonderland.

"Communication is key. Talk about everything and anything and let your partner know how you're feeling, whether that's good or bad feelings. "
this to be fair. We knew when we were just friends that we both had broken bits... but we are working through them together and happier than we ever thought we could be x

25 weeks ago

Therapy it's helped me recognise where my insecurities come from and learn to sit with the feelings and reflect on them rather than act on them immediately..... means I am not anxious and needy when triggered like I used to be.

I also try to choose people who don't trigger my insecurities, and walk away if they don't meet my needs.

And I also done confuse insecurities with intuition.... when things feel wrong sometimes it's because something is .... eg felt insecure with an ex .... because he was actually lying and cheating on me.

25 weeks ago

"I feel like getting older has made a huge difference. When I was young, I was so insecure. But now I'm kind of like I don't give a fuck because ultimately it is mostly out of my control so what is the point of worrying and obsessing? And yes I have my moments that get better of me, but I know I'm being unreasonable and luckily I can always realise that. We are both very open with each other too, and that helps. "

So agree ... getting older and being menopausal helps ... far less f*cks given and far more confident to put in my boundaries.

By *r Black 85Man
25 weeks ago

nottingham

We love a king that looks after his MH"

Bro, when you have been on the journey I have, it's the only way. I did the whole 'bottling up of my feelings'. It sent me into a deep depression for over 2 years. I was off work for 18 months and in a very dark place. With professional help and working on myself, I'm in a place where I now recognise triggers/triggering behaviour and have been armed with coping mechanisms/strategies

By *oeBeansMan
25 weeks ago

Derby

I need reassurance or complete open honesty which I get might be hard to do if they don't want to hurt my feelings, but I would genuinely want to know where I stand or that I shouldn't be insecure because X, Y and Z as it would stop me overthinking and thinking the worst about myself

25 weeks ago

Bro, when you have been on the journey I have, it's the only way. I did the whole 'bottling up of my feelings'. It sent me into a deep depression for over 2 years. I was off work for 18 months and in a very dark place. With professional help and working on myself, I'm in a place where I now recognise triggers/triggering behaviour and have been armed with coping mechanisms/strategies "

Gonna be so real, I love this for you. And it’s so important to me to see other Black men positively engaging with mental health services and feeling positive outcomes

By *WB85Man
25 weeks ago

Staffordshire

Communication. If you ever feel insecure no matter how insignificant a thing.....you need to discuss it as soon as possible.

Never let it eat away at you, it only makes things worse.

By *r Black 85Man
25 weeks ago

nottingham

Bro, when you have been on the journey I have, it's the only way. I did the whole 'bottling up of my feelings'. It sent me into a deep depression for over 2 years. I was off work for 18 months and in a very dark place. With professional help and working on myself, I'm in a place where I now recognise triggers/triggering behaviour and have been armed with coping mechanisms/strategies

Gonna be so real, I love this for you. And it’s so important to me to see other Black men positively engaging with mental health services and feeling positive outcomes"

We have to work past the stereotypes and break down historical barriers.

Post new Message to Thread