Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

It all starts with a conversation...

Jump to newest

By *uythetraveller OP   Man
25 weeks ago

UK

Hi,

I'm looking to see how you all start new conversations beit in clubs, private parties or messages...

I understand each person has "Thier" way and that's great, it would be boring if we all approached in the same way.

So, let's start a conversation now... Over to you...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ot to giggleWoman
25 weeks ago

Coventry

"Hi,

I'm looking to see how you all start new conversations beit in clubs, private parties or messages...

I understand each person has "Thier" way and that's great, it would be boring if we all approached in the same way.

So, let's start a conversation now... Over to you..."

nice G-string btw - do you wear it here often

By *ickyKlungespeareMan
25 weeks ago

St Leonards

Hello,

I was let out for the week 3 days ago and I've been following you everywhere ever since then.

I like you.

Will you be my new friend?

The others....don't exist any more.

By (user no longer on site)
25 weeks ago

Conversation most men on here don't know how to hold a conversation they think they can send you a couple of messages and you're jumping to bed with them I don't think most of the men on here realize what fab is actually about

By *ot to giggleWoman
25 weeks ago

Coventry

"Hello,

I was let out for the week 3 days ago and I've been following you everywhere ever since then.

I like you.

."

think there must be an exclusion zone around St Leonards

By *ensuallover1000Man
25 weeks ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

‘Salutations. I wonder, which do you prefer; ball cocks or else float valves in toilets?’

25 weeks ago

UK

"Hi,

So, let's start a conversation now... Over to you...

nice G-string btw - do you wear it here often "

Ah very good... I like the connection you did there. In answer I only wear it on Thursdays... Ah wait a minute, what day is it today?...

25 weeks ago

The boring generic how are you what you up to don't read profile what looking for don't try to get to know you why would woman even bother

25 weeks ago

UK

"Hello,

I like you.

."

Haha that's brilliant and I'm sure there are some that get these kind of messages too..

25 weeks ago

UK

"Conversation most men on here don't know how to hold a conversation they think they can send you a couple of messages and you're jumping to bed with them I don't think most of the men on here realize what fab is actually about"

I think you make a valid point, but it's not just men. I'm sure we can find examples from all types of bad or poor conversations..

I'm interested to see what fab means to you?

25 weeks ago

UK

"Hello,

I like you.

think there must be an exclusion zone around St Leonards "

By *rsMistyPeaksWoman
25 weeks ago

Essex

S’up?

Nice cock/tits/ass (select as applicable)

25 weeks ago

UK

"The boring generic how are you what you up to don't read profile what looking for don't try to get to know you why would woman even bother

"

There is that. I think people sending messages here need to think "how would I respond if I got this message".. seeing it from another point of view could help.

25 weeks ago

UK

"S’up?

Nice cock/tits/ass (select as applicable)"

Are you not going to include a picture to help remind me what they all look like..

25 weeks ago

"Conversation most men on here don't know how to hold a conversation they think they can send you a couple of messages and you're jumping to bed with them I don't think most of the men on here realize what fab is actually about

I think you make a valid point, but it's not just men. I'm sure we can find examples from all types of bad or poor conversations..

I'm interested to see what fab means to you?"

I make the effort back if man makes the effort with me I have always turned up on social on time I don't mess men around but I have been let down few times recently

By *avinaTVTV/TS
25 weeks ago

Transsexual Transylvania

You look familiar. I'm getting a strong feeling we knew each other in a past life. Do you ever feel drawn to ancient Egypt, or Greece?

(I had a friend who used to try this at uni - with surprising success. No, I'm not the friend, it's too cringey for me. I'd rather just be shy and make inappropriate jokes)

By *rsMistyPeaksWoman
25 weeks ago

Essex

"S’up?

Are you not going to include a picture to help remind me what they all look like.. "

That’s the second message. 3 minutes after the first.

“Are you shy”?

Add 7 pictures of same body part. And a face pic obscured half by smart phone, in a grubby mirror in shit lighting.

25 weeks ago

UK

"Conversation most men on here don't know how to hold a conversation they think they can send you a couple of messages and you're jumping to bed with them I don't think most of the men on here realize what fab is actually about

I'm interested to see what fab means to you?I make the effort back if man makes the effort with me I have always turned up on social on time I don't mess men around but I have been let down few times recently "

Unfortunately you are not alone. It does baffle us all why this happens. I'm sure there are a number of reasons. And some may be genuine getting cold feet.

How do you cope with that, when they don't turn up? I know some really struggle so it might help them see how other cope/deal with it

25 weeks ago

"The boring generic how are you what you up to don't read profile what looking for don't try to get to know you why would woman even bother

"

I am with you on a very valid point. I had a scripted message then ghosted..and a hi how are you as first message.Or can you meet me now or just a cheesy string ..

25 weeks ago

UK

I am with you on a very valid point. I had a scripted message then ghosted..and a hi how are you as first message.Or can you meet me now or just a cheesy string .."

What are your thoughts on that?

25 weeks ago

UK

"You look familiar. I'm getting a strong feeling we knew each other in a past life. Do you ever feel drawn to ancient Egypt, or Greece?

(I had a friend who used to try this at uni - with surprising success. No, I'm not the friend, it's too cringey for me. I'd rather just be shy and make inappropriate jokes) "

Wow, I'm sure some lines work better in person and struggle to hop onto the written format..

Interesting though.. how do you start a conversation?

25 weeks ago

"S’up?

Are you not going to include a picture to help remind me what they all look like..

That’s the second message. 3 minutes after the first.

“Are you shy”?

Add 7 pictures of same body part. And a face pic obscured half by smart phone, in a grubby mirror in shit lighting. "

Oh my ..this...

25 weeks ago

"You look familiar. I'm getting a strong feeling we knew each other in a past life. Do you ever feel drawn to ancient Egypt, or Greece?

(I had a friend who used to try this at uni - with surprising success. No, I'm not the friend, it's too cringey for me. I'd rather just be shy and make inappropriate jokes)

Wow, I'm sure some lines work better in person and struggle to hop onto the written format..

Interesting though.. how do you start a conversation?"

Be yourself

Introduce yourself

Read profiles

Be honest and respectful in your message.

25 weeks ago

I am with you on a very valid point. I had a scripted message then ghosted..and a hi how are you as first message.Or can you meet me now or just a cheesy string ..

What are your thoughts on that?

"

On the way my messages come through that filter gets used.

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
25 weeks ago

Leeds

Ey up, nice tits, wanna sit on my face?

Usually works.

Ok never works.

Mrs

By *ememberTheNameMan
25 weeks ago

barnsley

"Conversation most men on here don't know how to hold a conversation they think they can send you a couple of messages and you're jumping to bed with them I don't think most of the men on here realize what fab is actually about"

Please don’t tarnish us all with the same opinion

I can converse with the best

I could have the most in-depth conversation with the right person

Conversations work both ways

By *avinaTVTV/TS
25 weeks ago

Transsexual Transylvania

Interesting though.. how do you start a conversation?"

I don't start conversations on here. I respond to messages, or I post comments or bad humour in threads.

In real life, I don't start conversations because I don't "go out" socially.

25 weeks ago

"Hi,

Clubs used to be eye contact first and then I used to enjoy my night out if I talked to someone strange with caution. I could tell if they were looking for a quick fuck but each to their own.

By *ememberTheNameMan
25 weeks ago

barnsley

"S’up?

S’up miss

Shame about your filters

I would love to converse with you and those sexy legs of yours

25 weeks ago

Do you know Dora the explorer?

By *cottish guy 555Man
25 weeks ago

London

"S’up?

Is that a sky remote in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?

I'm a terrible conversationalist, everyone knows it.

25 weeks ago

"Ey up, nice tits, wanna sit on my face?

Usually works.

Ok never works.

Mrs "

Had loads of that first type message.

25 weeks ago

UK

Usually works.

Ok never works.

Mrs "

It wouldn't happen if we were stood somewhere.. so why is it that people think acceptable in a message?

Lack of manners? Lack of real interest? Lazy?

25 weeks ago

Usually works.

Ok never works.

Mrs

It wouldn't happen if we were stood somewhere.. so why is it that people think acceptable in a message?

Lack of manners? Lack of real interest? Lazy?"

Yes,all of the above. Bit creepy too

25 weeks ago

UK

Conversations work both ways "

It's not a conversation if it's not both ways.

I think people can fall into the trap of using broad context and it labels everyone.. when it actually is not everyone it's a a number and it does tend to be men. But I have seen couples and ladies trip up on this too.

It's important to keep it constructive otherwise it's a blame culture and a race to the bottom.. let's all avoid that

By *orthernJayMan
25 weeks ago

Canary Wharf

There’s plenty of academics who argue our ability to communicate on multiple levels is the only thing that truly separates us from animals!

I’ve watched a friend use the identical opening lines speaking to one women in a bar and the next and the next until it strikes a chord; he’ll tell you it’s a numbers game and that’s what the majority of guys on Fab think; hence the one line crap that overshadows any half decent chap on here who thinks with the big head and not the little one.

If you can’t strike up a decent conversation with a random at the coffee shop then you’re fucked in a club and totally fucked on here; ‘they ain’t the fucks you’re looking for’, said a Jedi Knight!

C’est la vie

25 weeks ago

UK

"Do you know Dora the explorer?"

Was that send to you? Wow..

Id be too tempted to reply with "no.. do you?"

25 weeks ago

UK

"There’s plenty of academics who argue our ability to communicate on multiple levels is the only thing that truly separates us from animals!

I’ve watched a friend use the identical opening lines speaking to one women in a bar and the next and the next until it strikes a chord; he’ll tell you it’s a numbers game and that’s what the majority of guys on Fab think; hence the one line crap that overshadows any half decent chap on here who thinks with the big head and not the little one.

If you can’t strike up a decent conversation with a random at the coffee shop then you’re fucked in a club and totally fucked on here; ‘they ain’t the fucks you’re looking for’, said a Jedi Knight!

C’est la vie "

Aha.. (no not the 80s band!) I think you have something here .

By *he turned me GreyCouple
25 weeks ago

Warwick and Coventry

WUU2 FAF, My Lada is parked by Aldi bins, get your minge out

Mr

By *avinaTVTV/TS
25 weeks ago

Transsexual Transylvania

"There’s plenty of academics who argue our ability to communicate on multiple levels is the only thing that truly separates us from animals!

C’est la vie "

Not necessarily. I can't strike up a decent conversation with a random person in public, but I'm not short of conversation with people I get on with here. I like to think I respond reasonably well, rather than initiate.

By *ot to giggleWoman
25 weeks ago

Coventry

Conversations work both ways "

they do and its nice to have someone that responds back in full sentences

By *iddlesticksMan
25 weeks ago

My nan’s spare room.

I find they just happen.

Most the friends I’ve made on here have been through a response in the forum.

By *ot to giggleWoman
25 weeks ago

Coventry

"I find they just happen.

Most the friends I’ve made on here have been through a response in the forum. "

what and people have responded back to you thats a strange concept

25 weeks ago

I’ve found the most people who block me are a response on the forum

25 weeks ago

And the childish pathetic people on here I am looking for attractive man mature with personality charictar who know how to please woman

By *izandpaulCouple
25 weeks ago

merseyside

We tend to stick with the tried and trusted method.

Go up to a couple or a single guy.

Smile, say hi we're Liz and Paul and see the reaction.

It can be varied from a vacant look or a mirror effect of a smile and hi we're xyz and it goes from there.

Either on to a fabulous night or a back pedalling episode.

Mainly a great night.

Swingers holidays are best as it has a bit more time to develop and those holiday vibes are kicking in.

Holiday hormones, can't beat them.

By *red333Man
25 weeks ago

Dorchester

"Hello,

I like you.

."

lol

By *rcoupleCouple
25 weeks ago

Mid Glam

"otherwise it' a race to the bottom.. "

And there is no prize for getting ther first/fastest. Wub wub.

Weirdly you can compliment someone without zeroing in on one specific part of their anatomy or creeping them out.

It's a struggle with "hi hru" or "wanna fuk" or the classic " you pair look fine, can we come round next wednesday"

25 weeks ago

"… attractive man mature with personality charictar who know how to please woman "

This is my elevator pitch. ^

25 weeks ago

Hey

25 weeks ago

"Hey"

Bee

25 weeks ago

Seemen

25 weeks ago

I strike up a friendly hellos to people at times their looks say fuck off talking ...what is wrong with us all in conversing

By *ickyKlungespeareMan
25 weeks ago

St Leonards

"Hello,

I like you.

"

I feel the OP and Giggles have seen through my strategy .

25 weeks ago

UK

Conversations work both ways

they do and its nice to have someone that responds back in full sentences"

Full sentences is always good, it makes it easier to read and plan a reply.

Plus it moves it away from a game of message tennis.. on something that is more like a scence from a teenager movie..

25 weeks ago

UK

It's good to know there is some hope for the rest of us

By *ot to giggleWoman
25 weeks ago

Coventry

"Hello,

I like you.

I feel the OP and Giggles have seen through my strategy ."

it was the 3 weeks that did it - that was when the barrier went up apparently !!

By *lym4realCouple
25 weeks ago

plymouth

Conversation ?? What is that ?? and agree in the theory that it is a dying art and would help if people had outside interests or even hobbies ! our hobbies include lurking around the middle aisles of madness but ...

25 weeks ago

UK

"otherwise it' a race to the bottom..

And there is no prize for getting ther first/fastest. Wub wub.

Weirdly you can compliment someone without zeroing in on one specific part of their anatomy or creeping them out.

It's a struggle with "hi hru" or "wanna fuk" or the classic " you pair look fine, can we come round next wednesday""

I'm interested to see how you go about finding this balance.. what does it look like to you?

By *rHotNottsMan
25 weeks ago

Dubai & Nottingham

In clubs I normally get a few cocktails down the woman I’m with and then let her do the work pulling. In private parties I tend not to speak to anyone , I’ll wait for the bi-pile to get going, when it’s 4-5 bodies deep i’ll just discreetly add myself on to the side.

On here ? That would be giving it away

25 weeks ago

Can I ask you a question?

Never fails.

25 weeks ago

You ever drank Bailey’s from a shoe?

Want to come to a club where people wee on each other?

I like you, do you like me? Make an assessment….

25 weeks ago

[Removed by poster at 11/04/24 14:02:24]

25 weeks ago

Leeds

"And the childish pathetic people on here I am looking for attractive man mature with personality charictar who know how to please woman "

Your in the wrong place for that.

Mrs

25 weeks ago

"And the childish pathetic people on here I am looking for attractive man mature with personality charictar who know how to please woman

Mrs "

really why do you know every single man on here

By *ickyKlungespeareMan
25 weeks ago

St Leonards

"And the childish pathetic people on here I am looking for attractive man mature with personality charictar who know how to please woman

Mrs "

I disagree. There are many mature men on here who aren't childish or pathetic in the least.

So nerrrrrr.

25 weeks ago

Mrs

I disagree. There are many mature men on here who aren't childish or pathetic in the least.

So nerrrrrr."

I have met a few mature nice men on here in the past my updates are ridiculous and some of the messages I get are absolutely ridiculous

25 weeks ago

Leeds

Mrs

So nerrrrrr."

I'll agree if I ever see one.

Ner ner ne ner ner.

Mrs

25 weeks ago

Leeds

Mrs really why do you know every single man on here"

Yep and the 27390 thinking of making an account.

Mrs

By *ickyKlungespeareMan
25 weeks ago

St Leonards

Mrs

So nerrrrrr.

I'll agree if I ever see one.

Ner ner ne ner ner.

Mrs "

By *eyond PurityCouple
25 weeks ago

Lincolnshire

We love conversing - on here or at socials/clubs.

On here, it’s like pulling teeth - everyone has different agendas and trying to get a connection going is tough and sometimes slow moving - we generally, if we feel the chat could go further take it on to telegram, as it’s harder to chat 3/4 ways on here.

It’s on Telegram that we then either feel the connection is there to meet for a social or it dies on its arse.

I’d say 95% of messages received don’t go anywhere at all.

K

By *ulieAndBeefCouple
25 weeks ago

Manchester-ish

"You ever drank Bailey’s from a shoe?

Want to come to a club where people wee on each other?

I like you, do you like me? Make an assessment…."

I have d*unk Baileys from a shoe! B put a glass inside a shoe for me to make me laugh. Old Gregg

J

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

25 weeks ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

I started a conversation with someone at a club once with 'alright big tits, looking for some action?'.

Admittedly I'd known them for years, but the look on the faces of others around us was priceless, when she turned and gave me a snog.

Nor sure it worked so well for other single guys that night...but they should have tried something original rather than stealing my best lines.

By *he turned me GreyCouple
25 weeks ago

Warwick and Coventry

"I started a conversation with someone at a club once with 'alright big tits, looking for some action?'.

Admittedly I'd known them for years, but the look on the faces of others around us was priceless, when she turned and gave me a snog.

Nor sure it worked so well for other single guys that night...but they should have tried something original rather than stealing my best lines. "

Alright big dick, looking for some action

Mr

25 weeks ago

Erm…. Hi.

By *ensuallover1000Man
25 weeks ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

Hail the noetically insalubrious!

By *ickyKlungespeareMan
25 weeks ago

St Leonards

The first night I met my (now) ex-wife, I sealed the getting together deal with "Do you fancy a snog, or what?".

I'd also brought some Chinese food to the party, so maybe that had impressed her more.

By *ittleMissCali_MrDJCouple
24 weeks ago

wonderland.

"Hi,

I can't tell you how as it will depend who,where and what format.. although in general life not just fab,I will tend to make a comment on something positive about the person x

Cali

Post new Message to Thread