Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

If you enjoy your job

Jump to newest

By *lack Orchid 0204 OP   Man
25 weeks ago

Leeds

There's a saying 'if you enjoy your job you never work a day in your life'.

Are you working or enjoying the day ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *WB85Man
25 weeks ago

Staffordshire

Enjoying the day.

Don't get me wrong, some days are difficult but I love my job.

By *rsMistyPeaksWoman
25 weeks ago

Essex

My job is hard work. But I adore it.

I think it’s a bit of both.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

25 weeks ago

East Sussex

I've never had a job that I enjoy so much that it doesn't feel like working.

I doubt many people have

By *iddlesticksMan
25 weeks ago

My nan’s spare room.

I’ve been in the same organisation for 37 years, I have had numerous roles and have risen up the chain.

I have gone from loving my job, genuinely get up and look forward to going to work, to now enjoying it 50% and it being work 50%.

25 weeks ago

Leeds

"I've never had a job that I enjoy so much that it doesn't feel like working.

I doubt many people have"

I agree.. I consider myself very lucky that for the best part of 30 years I've enjoyed myself

By *ittle Miss TinkerbellWoman
25 weeks ago

your head

It's okay, wouldn't say I enjoy it but I like parts of it. I'm just trying to get through the day without falling asleep.

By *rimal InstinctCouple
25 weeks ago

Carlisle

"There's a saying 'if you enjoy your job you never work a day in your life'.

I enjoy my days when I'm in and enjoy them when I'm off

Mrs

"

By *issmorganWoman
25 weeks ago

Calderdale innit

I doubt many people have"

Same, I'm definitely working in mine.

By *emonbuttercreamWoman
25 weeks ago

Birmingham

I'm currently six weeks into my new job and I absolutely adore it. And most days it doesn't feel like work. But in my previous role I worked as a kitchen porter/cleaner and it always felt like hard work and as much as I loved my boss, I dreaded going in.

So, yes definitely agree with what you said. Of course it will always feel like work, but being able to enjoy it and the people you work with can make the world of difference.

By *sWyldWoman
25 weeks ago

Edinburgh

Work is better now than it ever has been. It's still work though.

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
25 weeks ago

BRIDPORT

I wouldn’t be doing my job if I didn’t enjoy it and I can’t imagine doing anything else, but that doesn’t mean it’s not bloody hard work at times.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

25 weeks ago

East Sussex

I doubt many people have

Same, I'm definitely working in mine. "

I wonder how artists feel about their work.

By *otyouraverageguyMan
25 weeks ago

west mids & n wales

My entire career has been in very large organisations and for many years in senior leadership/ executive roles.

For me work has always been means to an end. I'm always a little suspicious of those who say they really love it and love for it.

Suggests to me that they aren't particularly rounded as a person and have few other interests or friends or criminally haven't given enough of themselves to their families as they should have.

By *antra MassageMan
25 weeks ago

Wicklow

I've had various careers, and have loved them all. I've never had a "job". I couldn't live like that.

By *oy man 2Man
25 weeks ago

g

Working as a civil servant best job ever 37 hours a week.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

25 weeks ago

East Sussex

"I've had various careers, and have loved them all. I've never had a "job". I couldn't live like that. "

You're very lucky. Most of us have to live like that

25 weeks ago

Leeds

"My entire career has been in very large organisations and for many years in senior leadership/ executive roles.

For me work has always been means to an end. I'm always a little suspicious of those who say they really love it and love for it.

Suggests to me that they aren't particularly rounded as a person and have few other interests or friends or criminally haven't given enough of themselves to their families as they should have.

"

Thats a real big leap

By *endalshaggersCouple
25 weeks ago

Kendal

It's a job. I turn up, do my responsibilities the best I can, get paid and go home. Everyone in pretty much any job, no matter your rank or seniority, is replaceable. If I left tomorrow my job would be posted by the end of the day.

By *partharmonyCouple
25 weeks ago

Ruislip

I'm in a decent job. I don't mind it at all but I would never do it as a hobby. Luke

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

25 weeks ago

East Sussex

"It's a job. I turn up, do my responsibilities the best I can, get paid and go home. Everyone in pretty much any job, no matter your rank or seniority, is replaceable. If I left tomorrow my job would be posted by the end of the day."

Exactly. There's a reason it's called Human Resources. You're no more valuable to them than the office furniture and just as replaceable.

By *ickshawedCouple
25 weeks ago

Wolverhampton

My job's alright. At times I love it. Just not today, as I'm in a rather dull online training session

By (user no longer on site)
25 weeks ago

I'm getting more days 'working' than 'enjoying' this year..problem is 10 more year before retirement age..just gotta keep on keeping on I think

By *batMan
25 weeks ago

Alicante, Spain. (Sometimes in Wales)

I work part time in the adventure travel industry. There have been times when I’ve felt a little bit emotional about how great my job is.

But there are some days when a client is such a fuckwit that I remember I’m in work. Plus there’s the usual stuff with customers.

But definitely days where I feel like I’m being paid to go on your holiday.

Gbat

25 weeks ago

Last job I had I hated stayed because pay and hours suited me standard Mon to Fri. Now self employed gardener and really enjoy it.

By *otyouraverageguyMan
25 weeks ago

west mids & n wales

"My entire career has been in very large organisations and for many years in senior leadership/ executive roles.

Thats a real big leap "

In my experience though it's been correct the majority of times. Also having spoken to others who prioritised career when they have retired, without fail they have all expressed regret at not spending more time with family and pursuing other interests when younger

The other post above about you just being a human resource, regardless of seniority, is also correct. No matter how much you love your job, if you leave the big machine keeps on turning and you'll be forgotten within weeks

25 weeks ago

Leeds

"I work part time in the adventure travel industry. There have been times when I’ve felt a little bit emotional about how great my job is.

But there are some days when a client is such a fuckwit that I remember I’m in work. Plus there’s the usual stuff with customers.

But definitely days where I feel like I’m being paid to go on your holiday.

Gbat "

I get a very very small number of ****wits as customrrs they help me realise and appreciate the good even more

25 weeks ago

Leeds

Thats a real big leap

In my experience though it's been correct the majority of times. Also having spoken to others who prioritised career when they have retired, without fail they have all expressed regret at not spending more time with family and pursuing other interests when younger

The other post above about you just being a human resource, regardless of seniority, is also correct. No matter how much you love your job, if you leave the big machine keeps on turning and you'll be forgotten within weeks

"

Prioritise/prioritising a career doesn't necessarily mean enjoy.

You can enjoy your job/work while having an active social family life.

By *ldbluMan
25 weeks ago

Milton Keynes

I tell people best job in the world getting paid to sit down and push buttons apart from when I'm on earlies and having to get up at 2am

But then i belany job is as good or bad as you make it

By *hrimper36Couple
25 weeks ago

Central France dept 36

"There's a saying 'if you enjoy your job you never work a day in your life'.

"

Feeling crap health wise but enjoying my job very much which is nice.

T

By *inkedKuntsCouple
25 weeks ago

Sheffield

I love my job, its hard work but its hard work for me. Started the firm a couple of years ago and probably picked one of the worst times ever in construction, worse than 2008, but I wouldn't change it for anything.

By *eathrow pineappleCouple
25 weeks ago

West London

I love my job but it can be very stressful at times. It does definitely have it's perks though (P)

By *eyond PurityCouple
25 weeks ago

Lincolnshire

A bit of both - some days it’s easy, some day it’s not.

I work from home so I am so grateful for that as that means I have more time to do nicer things too.

K

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

25 weeks ago

East Sussex

Thats a real big leap

"

I've worked with people who prioritise their job. They missed medical appointments, were late to pick their children up from school, got angry if some poor older relative was ill and couldn't perform free child care duties in school holidays, were first in and last out and couldn't understand why people like me left at 5. It was their decision to do that of course but not something I'd do.

Mr N once worked worked somewhere where they told him he had his priorities wrong because he left a meeting to get home in time for one of kids 18th. He told them in no uncertain terms that he had his priorities in the correct order and it was they who didn't.

By *antastic_Mr_Fox_76Man
25 weeks ago

District 13

I adore my job and it’s a fact it never feels like work plus im off for 10 days

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

25 weeks ago

East Sussex

I absolutely love my current job. I do the hours that suit me, I have no boss, I can take holiday whenever I want and all meals are provided. The pay is absolute rubbish but you can't have everything

By *parrow77Man
25 weeks ago

cheshire

I love my job I get mix of things from teaching to supporting and also admin skills going back to old skills from when I worked in finance.

I’ve never liked office work but my job gives mix of all. So it’s amazing but some days it’s crazy and makes me scream.

By *ittlemissmistressKCouple
25 weeks ago

Southampton

I like my job a lot definitely ..love might be stretching it a bit but as with most therecare good days and bad days .. having a great team to work with makes a hell of a difference though

By *tephTV67TV/TS
25 weeks ago

Cheshire

I enjoy my job and it’s took me many years to get to this position. It’s frustrating at times but it relies on you making decisions and taking responsibility for them. However there’s plenty of support and as long as you evidence how you came to decide what actions to take, you’re generally good to go.

The best thing though is knowing someone has been helped.

By *llblueMan
25 weeks ago

Irvine

My job was quite high pressure. I took early retirement and have not looked back.

25 weeks ago

I enjoy my job over all but just not the bit I'm doing today so working

By *red333Man
25 weeks ago

Dorchester

I love my job although didn't enjoy the last company i worked for

By *uriousscouserWoman
25 weeks ago

Wirral

I love my job, but it's still work.

If they stopped paying me I wouldn't carry on doing it for the love of it.

By *antastic_Mr_Fox_76Man
25 weeks ago

District 13

"I love my job, but it's still work.

If they stopped paying me I wouldn't carry on doing it for the love of it."

I won’t say it too loud but I’d do my job for free

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
25 weeks ago

Leeds

Love my job, hard work in the winner ( keeps you warm ) basically nothing to do in the summer and left alone in the middle of a field most days, surrounded by nature and man toys to drive and play with.

The mr

By *ymbunnyfitCouple
25 weeks ago

East Yorkshire

Turned our passion into businesses and love what we've achieved but some days really don't want to go in xx

By *ot to giggleWoman
25 weeks ago

Coventry

recently changed because i couldnt stand the blame culture environment i was in, went back to somewhere i worked before, now filling in on a variety of different roles, which I am actually enjoying

By *omCoyoteMan
25 weeks ago

Northern England

Thats a real big leap

I've worked with people who prioritise their job. They missed medical appointments, were late to pick their children up from school, got angry if some poor older relative was ill and couldn't perform free child care duties in school holidays, were first in and last out and couldn't understand why people like me left at 5. It was their decision to do that of course but not something I'd do.

Mr N once worked worked somewhere where they told him he had his priorities wrong because he left a meeting to get home in time for one of kids 18th. He told them in no uncertain terms that he had his priorities in the correct order and it was they who didn't. "

By *carlet SeductionWoman
25 weeks ago

Maidstone

I like my job but it's still work. Sadly i couldn't get a job lounging by the pool sipping cocktails.

*shrugs*

By *rHotNottsMan
25 weeks ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I enjoy my job, I think what I do is valuable and positively impacts people & society.

Sometimes it’s very tough but I like to be stretched and solve big problems like fixing culture & transformation.

I tend to to do 5-7 years per company, 2-3 roles, although I did an 11 earlier in my career. This is important to move on when you’ve had a big impact to keep personal momentum.

I think choosing your company and your bosses, rather than your roles is the key to job satisfaction.

Post new Message to Thread