Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Bidet

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
25 weeks ago

Once you've tried a Japanese toilet, you can't go back. Nice clean bum every time, can't compare to a dry wipe. Heated water, heated seat(!), directional spray, drying functions! Bliss.

I want one at home but the work involved is.. well, it's a lot. Especially the electricals.. people have suggested getting one of those bum watering cans, but it's not the same.

Who has one? What do you have? Did you install it or did you pay someone to do it?

If you don't want one, why not?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ex HolesMan
25 weeks ago

Up North

I just go for a second wipe

By *rHotNottsMan
25 weeks ago

Dubai & Nottingham

The hose bidet is easy to install on a regular UK toilet and just as good. Pressure is important for a proper clean.

Totally agree re not going back , toilet paper is gross a bit like cleaning chocolate from a babies face with dry tissues

25 weeks ago

"The hose bidet is easy to install on a regular UK toilet and just as good. Pressure is important for a proper clean."

Huh. Yeh, I'll have a closer look at these, thanks. Somewhat wary of giving the kids a mains-powered super soaker - but it is easier to install!

By *ensuallover1000Man
25 weeks ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

Oo arrr! Doon ‘ere we just spit on the bog roll to make wet wipes

By *ickyKlungespeareMan
25 weeks ago

St Leonards

Dahlinks, dahlinks....please.

One has one's butler to perform emergency repairs, a smidgeon of ironing, and a full polish.

By *eyond PurityCouple
25 weeks ago

Lincolnshire

Used both the posh version and the hose spray whilst in Thailand and was very impressed. Think I went to the toilet more times due to it

Definitely a game changer but also need a wet room!

K

By *rHotNottsMan
25 weeks ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"The hose bidet is easy to install on a regular UK toilet and just as good. Pressure is important for a proper clean.

Huh. Yeh, I'll have a closer look at these, thanks. Somewhat wary of giving the kids a mains-powered super soaker - but it is easier to install!"

I think these are more popular globally than the European style bidet .

I have two bathrooms one large ensuite and one smaller bathroom, both of these had hoses rather than bidets. The only time I really see a Bidet is in five star hotels, it’s all hoses in homes and restaurants.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

25 weeks ago

East Sussex

Bum watering can .

I'd be worried watering my bum would make it grow

25 weeks ago

"Bum watering can .

I'd be worried watering my bum would make it grow "

By *obilebottomMan
25 weeks ago

All over

I had a french bidet for years. Lovely to soak your feet in

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
25 weeks ago

Stockport

I had a bidet added when refitting the bathroom. Wish that they were more usual in this country.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
25 weeks ago

King's Crustacean

Always wanted a bidet. Thought about it for years and never got around to it BUT thank god for LOCKDOWN.....

Absence of loo paper in shops led to not using much

Took the shower head of my shower ( it's over the bath ) and got nifty at washing my muff n bum after every use.

THEN...... brainwave

Extended the shower hose, attached a stainless steel shower head with trigger and had it hooked up next to the loo.

Same shower. Same loo.

Same muff n bum really

By *eeshelleTV/TS
25 weeks ago

Marlow

I douch pretty much every time I use the loo at home, quicker, no straining easy clean up

By *red333Man
25 weeks ago

Dorchester

"Once you've tried a Japanese toilet, you can't go back. Nice clean bum every time, can't compare to a dry wipe. Heated water, heated seat(!), directional spray, drying functions! Bliss.

I want one at home but the work involved is.. well, it's a lot. Especially the electricals.. people have suggested getting one of those bum watering cans, but it's not the same.

Who has one? What do you have? Did you install it or did you pay someone to do it?

If you don't want one, why not?"

why you need electricals its just warm water from the boiler same as the sink?

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
25 weeks ago

Stockport

"Once you've tried a Japanese toilet, you can't go back. Nice clean bum every time, can't compare to a dry wipe. Heated water, heated seat(!), directional spray, drying functions! Bliss.

If you don't want one, why not?why you need electricals its just warm water from the boiler same as the sink? "

The japanese ones have got microprocessors and everything. Probably built in AI on the latest ones, with visual recognition to steer water jet to bumhole or vag, voice control of options, infra red thermometer for automatic match of water to body temperature...

By *ot to giggleWoman
25 weeks ago

Coventry

i so loved the replys on this thread - you never fail - hilarious xxx

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
25 weeks ago

BRIDPORT

Just use a damp towel.

By (user no longer on site)
25 weeks ago

Search for "SAMODRA Non-Electric Cold Water Bidet Toilet Seat Attachment with Pressure Controls" on Amazon.

It's about £37 if you scroll down. Installed it myself. Works a treat.

No, it doesn't wipe you dry or vacuum or weigh your poop, etc. But definitely keeps you clean and I much prefer it to the hose type things.

Post new Message to Thread