Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Why do narcessists lie all the time?.

Jump to newest

By *hagTonight OP   Man
25 weeks ago

From the land of haribos.

I was reading an interesting article about it and it said that the lie all the time because they dont have no identity of their own.

They added that they play a role because they want to look their best.

They feel the need to play as best as they can, if a narcissist were honest with you, would you want to be with him?

What is your view about it and do you also agree with why they lie all the time too?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ealitybitesMan
25 weeks ago

Belfast

I don't think an actual narcissist is playing a role and therefore don't believe they are lying.

As far as a narcissist is concerned everyone else is lying.

By *ablo minibar123Woman
25 weeks ago

Whether they were honest or not I wouldn't want to be with them. I think a relationship like that would be very draining and not enjoyable for me.

By *midnight-Woman
25 weeks ago

Hmmmm.. I need to think about that some more.... I've not heard of a narcissist having no identity before

By *r-8-BBCMan
25 weeks ago

LONDON

"Why do narcessists lie all the time?."

Because they're narcissistic

By *orksRockerMan
25 weeks ago

Bradford

Because deep down they're insecure and the truth isn't good enough.

By *hagTonight OP   Man
25 weeks ago

"Whether they were honest or not I wouldn't want to be with them. I think a relationship like that would be very draining and not enjoyable for me."
Yes, you are right there, a relationship with them would also be very draining too

By *ophieslutTV/TS
25 weeks ago

Central

Getting what they want is their objective, so they will say and do what they think is right for them to get that. Deception is just a means to an end.

By *ones_BoothCouple
25 weeks ago

Solihull

"I was reading an interesting article about it and it said that the lie all the time because they dont have no identity of their own.

They feel the need to play as best as they can, if a narcissist were honest with you, would you want to be with him?

What is your view about it and do you also agree with why they lie all the time too? "

erm because its what they do and one of the traits

By *ravelling_WilburyMan
25 weeks ago

Beverley

"Because deep down they're insecure and the truth isn't good enough."

I think it's quite the opposite. A genuine narcissist sees oneself as invincible

By (user no longer on site)
25 weeks ago

"Whether they were honest or not I wouldn't want to be with them. I think a relationship like that would be very draining and not enjoyable for me.Yes, you are right there, a relationship with them would also be very draining too "

Been in two controlling narc relationships

I was told I was fat and ugly by one that is a blatant lie.

25 weeks ago

Narcs lie all the time it is one of their traits

By *ot to giggleWoman
25 weeks ago

Coventry

they have a sense of their own importance and ignore the feeling and thoughts of those around them - they have a distinct lack of empathy. They probably wouldnt think they were lying or if they did they wouldnt be bothered as its a means to the end they are seeking.

By *rHotNottsMan
25 weeks ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"Because deep down they're insecure and the truth isn't good enough.

I think it's quite the opposite. A genuine narcissist sees oneself as invincible "

But they are massively mistaken. Put a narc executive through multi source feedback like 360 or simulation and the truth is revealed.

Huge blind spots and low self awareness

By *MaverickMan
25 weeks ago

Huntingdon

Why ?

Because

N arce is it !!!

I don't read much ,

But my idea of narcissism is a self centred own admiring n self loving .

Lie or not lie is the same , as both are weapons of a control freak who has no more interests ,

Than control everything around it's own ego centrism .

I'm allergic to drama , and been severely damaged by this narcissistic control freak relations .

Is not love . Is sleivery

25 weeks ago

"I was reading an interesting article about it and it said that the lie all the time because they dont have no identity of their own.

What is your view about it and do you also agree with why they lie all the time too? "

Everyone lies op

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

25 weeks ago

East Sussex

I don't know much about narcissism. I do know a lot about living with someone who lies all the time and their identity is that they're a liar. It really is that simple, lying is as much a part of them as any other character trait.

I've also experienced people who lie because they're insecure, that's different. The lies usually stop when they're in situations they're comfortable in.

By *MaverickMan
25 weeks ago

Huntingdon

A liar misses out

Doesnt realise that is the mask who taking its own life .

The mask gets the lust n the love

Not the liar itself .

A liar has nothing .

Someone on fabs just lied to me .

Was her mask that toke all the love and horny lust .

And that ladies n gentlemen is a slag .

Pretending everything is ok cheating and lies .

That is not a swinger .

Is a sheminger .

And this is the reason why the genuine struggles :

Toxic waste .

25 weeks ago

Yes they always lie. They don’t feel bad about it and there is no line they aren’t willing to cross. I know personally a narc that has lied on more than one occasion about having a terminal illness all for the sake of manipulation.

Just remove yourself from them permanently. They are truly awful people.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

25 weeks ago

East Sussex

People who lie *all* the time actually believe what they say. There is some level on which they know it isn't true but that's very deeply hidden.

By *ad NannaWoman
25 weeks ago

East London

I don't know if they do lie all the time.

My ex had all the traits of narcissism, but wasn't a liar.

Even when he had an affair he was open about it.

By *ickyKlungespeareMan
25 weeks ago

St Leonards

"I don't know if they do lie all the time.

My ex had all the traits of narcissism, but wasn't a liar.

Even when he had an affair he was open about it.

"

I think that's a telling comment.

Also, deep down, and it applies to a whole range of the lesser desirable personality traits, don't we always "know", deep down, when we're being conned?

Sometimes we quite like the con - it supports our own shaky self-narrative.

But deep down, we smell the games of others and ourselves...a bit.

By *hagTonight OP   Man
25 weeks ago

By * and R cple4Couple
25 weeks ago

swansea

Their appears to be a extremely high number of people that have been with or know narsassitic people.

I don't know any, I do know selfish bastards but I'm not a trained phycologist so wouldn't like to diagnose people with a word that appears to be a trendy word to use.

Some people are just nasty pieces of work it definitely don't mean they have some kind of mental illness that only a professional can and should diagnose.

By *hagTonight OP   Man
25 weeks ago

"Because deep down they're insecure and the truth isn't good enough."
Yes, they are insecure too

25 weeks ago

"Because deep down they're insecure and the truth isn't good enough.Yes, they are insecure too "

Absolutely this. But my narcissistic ex used to believe his own lies..... even when presented with facts and proof. And as long as he was and is surrounded by people who believe him he is happy .... as soon as they get wise ... he drops them and finds a new supply.

Absolutely not a mental illness, it's a personality disorder and one which I dont think can be cured because why would a narcissist want to actually change.

And labeling them Absolutely does ntonexcuse then from being thunderous c*nts

By *ougarsilkWoman
25 weeks ago

Pleasure heaven

It's a personality disorder and they like to be admired, be the centre of attention and love getting their ego boosted.

They thrive on power and supply. Hence to appear better they build up a false image and in doing so tend to lie and believe their own lies.

Given they tell so many lies it would be draining to try to decipher which ones were true so to be with one = No.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
25 weeks ago

King's Crustacean

"Hmmmm.. I need to think about that some more.... I've not heard of a narcissist having no identity before "

Oh stick around. You will read so much about narcissists on here that your head will spin .... and all of them something someone read on a blog by some self appointed someone with nothing more in their sack but unsubstantiated opinion.

Did you know narcissists never use vanilla candles because the jelly was orange ?

By *red333Man
25 weeks ago

Dorchester

"Hmmmm.. I need to think about that some more.... I've not heard of a narcissist having no identity before "
identity theft maybe

By *hagTonight OP   Man
25 weeks ago

"Whether they were honest or not I wouldn't want to be with them. I think a relationship like that would be very draining and not enjoyable for me.Yes, you are right there, a relationship with them would also be very draining too

Been in two controlling narc relationships

I was told I was fat and ugly by one that is a blatant lie.

"

Hi becs, yes, you are right there, they are very controlling too.

By *hagTonight OP   Man
25 weeks ago

"It's a personality disorder and they like to be admired, be the centre of attention and love getting their ego boosted.

They thrive on power and supply. Hence to appear better they build up a false image and in doing so tend to lie and believe their own lies.

Given they tell so many lies it would be draining to try to decipher which ones were true so to be with one = No. "

Yes, you are right there, it is a personality disorder and yes, they thrive on those things too, those are good points as well

By *rRiosMan
25 weeks ago

dublin

"People who lie *all* the time actually believe what they say. There is some level on which they know it isn't true but that's very deeply hidden. "

This is so true, and then when you pin them on the lie they dismiss the initial lie as inconsequential and move the goalposts. They are, in my experience, master manipulators.

I remember researching compulsive lying before and it can be a symptom of many disorders including narcissism

25 weeks ago

Nobody in their right mind would want to be in a relationship with a narcissist.

Being made to feel like you are the one that is wrong all the time can make you doubt everything.

Not something I will ever wish on another human being.

My ex husband was vain, arrogant, abusive, violent and he seemed to be on a mission to absolutely destroy me leaving me with nothing.

After 7 years I decided that enough was enough and I kicked him out lol best thing I ever did.

25 weeks ago

They don’t view things as lies. They are already successful/idolised etc in their minds, so anything they say or do they believe is justified.

By *ucka39Man
25 weeks ago

Newcastle

Because to them it's telling the truth and start believing it also

Post new Message to Thread